Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,539 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Oil Leak On steering oil cooling Pipe - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Oil Leak On steering oil cooling Pipe (1417 Views)

Drunk Teen Got Her Head Stuck In Truck Exhaust Pipe For 45 Mins In US / BMW Is Already Recalling New M760li Over Oil Leak – Quite Fast! / My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oil Leak On steering oil cooling Pipe by ukata16(m): 11:21am On Sep 14, 2015
I use Honda Accord 98 i4.
Noticed that my steering oil reduced swiftly to nearly 'Low'.
Noticed the leak from a rusted pipe in front of the Condenser.
Please I need an idea on what to do and if it's to change the pipe what's the cost. Thanks

Re: Oil Leak On steering oil cooling Pipe by cardoctor(m): 12:40pm On Sep 14, 2015
You need to change the pipe as it obvious that that is where your power steering fluid is leaking from.

Getting a new one might be difficult so your best bet is to go to any nearby car breaker and look for a secondhand one that's in good condition. It shouldn't cost more than N2k.

Car-doctor

1 Like

Re: Oil Leak On steering oil cooling Pipe by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 14, 2015
That's your power steering fluid cooler.

I would get it fixed sooner rather than later. And in the meantime, cease to drive the car until it's been repaired. All that corrosion will end up in your pump and rack, wrecking the seals, wearing out the shaft and bearings in your pump, and the rack and pinion in your rack assembly.

I would not fit a used one either.

1 Like

Re: Oil Leak On steering oil cooling Pipe by ukata16(m): 5:26pm On Sep 16, 2015
@siena @cardoctor
I'm still searching for the hose in the mean time my mechanic got another new rubber hose to by-pass the rusted one. Can I use it cos I read online that the hose acts as a cooling and returning hose to the oil container?

(1) (Reply)

This 2019 Honda Urban EV Is A Perfect Blend Of The Past And The Future (photos) / See The Last 2017 Mercedes-maybach G650 Landaulet Sold For 500 Million Naira / Sound 2007 Vw Jetta For Sale In Lagos For 750k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.