Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,848 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos (51840 Views)

Fcmb In Another Epic And Savage Twit Reply / How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency / How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by M4gunners: 1:38pm On Sep 14, 2015
magicminister:
The hausa man did this in connivance with the bank or atleast some of the bank staffs knew "wassup".

Gbam this is just the truth. 30$ high currency we are talking about here. They should refund his money or baba will probe that bank.
Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by kosokoadeyemi: 1:39pm On Sep 14, 2015
God will punish all the people that involve.

2 Likes

Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 14, 2015
I have always told people...never patronize thes Hausa foreign exchangers cos they are very bad! A friend of mine in Abuja changed 5,000USD opposite Sheraton last year. The guy gave him the Naira Equivalent and when he got home, half of the money was plain sheet paper. It was like a movie!
Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by ElFenomeno1: 1:39pm On Sep 14, 2015
This doesn't sound right at all.... Why was the Hausa man protected?! angry
Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by joshberlin(m): 1:40pm On Sep 14, 2015
people are so wicked.well GOD will judge cry[color=#006600][/color]
Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 14, 2015
donholy28:
Sorry for him o...but y is he crying as if na d end of d world
hmm 30,000 US Dollas never do to end person world?
Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by donholy28(m): 1:43pm On Sep 14, 2015
2pointsonly:
hmm 30,000 US Dollas never do to end person world?
nah! man must survive
Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by freecocoa(f): 1:44pm On Sep 14, 2015
People in this country are too heartless, someone lost that much and all they could do was use tear gas on him, useless people but the man sef, that was not very thoughtful of him.

I hope he gets justice.

2 Likes

Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by zaicon1(m): 1:44pm On Sep 14, 2015
Victim.....your money don disappear

1 Like

Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by funkybully(f): 1:45pm On Sep 14, 2015
If na me, that bank security that pour extinguisher will be dead d next day. By any means. We are talking of close to 7mill of someone's years of toiling and huzzling.

Hmmm, I can kill for this.

1 Like

Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by M4gunners: 1:46pm On Sep 14, 2015
Hw can such bank direct in the middle of big market like trade fair claim they don't have 30$k,then a road side Hausa man has it even more. Make una no dey tell the Man sorry abeg,no be sorry him go take send his Children for School or feed them. The bank should be held responsible for this.

2 Likes

Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by adewumiopeyemi(m): 1:46pm On Sep 14, 2015
GOD HELP US IN DIS COUNtRy.. FRAUD EVER WERE... EVEN Bank nw... we can trust them again... GOD HELP US......
Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by Pidggin(f): 1:46pm On Sep 14, 2015
But if the bank was in on this the Hausa man would have taken him to a fake office, or he would have closed shop and scrammed until all returns to normal. Hope the victim isn't the scam artist here, it's hard to believe someone will collect 30,000usd without proper on the spot verification of notes.

1 Like

Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by IfectiveDesign: 1:48pm On Sep 14, 2015
Hey Guys, Kindly visit Miranda stores on Konga online shopping mall. Thanks guys!!! grin grin shocked shocked smiley cheesy smiley smiley
Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by Seawhy(m): 1:49pm On Sep 14, 2015
This can be traced, check the wrapper and confirmed if it was stamped.
With this, you can confirm the Teller that stamped and issued the Hausa man the Dollars.
Meanwhile the Hausa man should be arrested because he never denied given the dollar to the young man
Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 14, 2015
bushdoc9919:
He was the cause of his own misfortune.

Dude....the minute the bank said no money.....you should have gone to another bank.....AT ONCE.!

Of course....they would deny it.....NO DOCUMENTATION FROM THE BANK OR FROM THE HAUSA MAN....NOT EVEN A CAMERA PHOTO....since you went to do business outside the bank with another man.

Sorry my man.....but you were the one who caused your problem. You should have gone to another bank....and you should have not done forex business without DOCUMENTARY PROOF!...AND WITH SOME GUY WHO IS NOT LEGALLY ALLOWED TO DO BUSINESS IN FOREX.

Nigerians!

Nigerians!

so for that reason the bank should aid the housa
Man to escape? Now the action of the bank shows that they were the architect, with document or not, people are atleast his witness.

3 Likes

Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by M4gunners: 1:51pm On Sep 14, 2015
Pidggin:
But if the bank was in on this the Hausa man would have been told to close shop and scram until all returns to normal. Hope the victim isn't the scam artist here, who will collect 30,000usd without proper on the spot verification of notes.
Hello, they said the Hausa man admitted it was fake.
Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by informato: 1:54pm On Sep 14, 2015
sai buhari
Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by Pidggin(f): 1:56pm On Sep 14, 2015
M4gunners:
Hello, they said the Hausa man admitted it was fake.

You don't think the victim could have changed those notes to fake ones overnight?
Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 14, 2015
Truthhurtss:
Its not the banks fault naw. Why didnt he go to another bank to buy dollar.
I'm sure the hausa man gave him a better exchange rate (bait) grin

See your mouth, pray that never happen to you.
Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by M4gunners: 1:58pm On Sep 14, 2015
Pidggin:

You don't think the victim could have changed those notes to fake ones overnight?
No
Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by eluquenson(m): 2:02pm On Sep 14, 2015
magicminister:

How is he a silly man
I do that all the time....
Why you exchanging a large amount of money to foreign currency, you have to transfer it to the exchange guy's account while they get your currency ready....
Its business my brother.
Too bad he met the wrong exchange guy.

I only use sullah exchange.
He's silly cos he bought $30k and fake was given which his duty as a customer is to check for genuity of the fx, then why is he buying the fx when he doesnt know how to identify if it's fake or not & the US has really done a good job on this green $ cos it will be very obvious if it's fake. Am sure you can do the same and fall prey to those mallams.
The choice is yours
Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 14, 2015
I don't know the mod that captioned this topic on FP, but this is defamation of character.
The man wasn't given the money INSIDE FCMB!, or by a staff of FCMB across the counter. If CCTV footage is checked, no where would it be caught that this man received dollar INSIDE FCMB. How then can you say he was paid inside FCMB? This man has no case against FCMB proper...
You mods should try and be reading through a story before all this your junk captions.

The only reason why the bank is probably holding the Hausa man is to avoid him being lynched_ maybe he is also their 'big customer'.
If the Hausa man claims the whole money was paid to him inside the bank, then it's a very simple case to resolve. The money should have been run through a dollar tester, which picks the serial number of every single note, the recipient would then sign,acknowledging receipt of the money.

All they have to do is check if the serial number of the one with the plaintiff corresponds with what the Hausa man claimed to have been paid inside the bank.

Though I very much doubt they paid him a total of fake 30000$. Highly impossible.

1 Like

Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by onatisi(m): 2:04pm On Sep 14, 2015
The man bought 30k dollars without verifying the authencity of the dollars. What stops the man from taking extra precaution since this is his first dealing with the Hausa man. At least buy the money in bits or take someone along that knows how to detect fake currencies,na too much money worry the trader
Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by thelegend1(m): 2:07pm On Sep 14, 2015
I could have sworn forex currency were received under mercury light, documented and stored according to denomination and serial numbers (at least I did so).

This case is a no-brainer
Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by bigerboy200: 2:09pm On Sep 14, 2015
This is over 6 million naira ohh...I go do pass cry.. meanwhile somebody has massively benefited from this whole mess..I just taya for we country people...

2 Likes

Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by olaafirst: 2:11pm On Sep 14, 2015
All banks work wit hausa now no one u will enter that u will not see 2 or 3 housa now comfirm
Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by Ayibaba1: 2:12pm On Sep 14, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Dude....the minute the bank said no money.....you should have gone to another bank.....AT ONCE.!

Of course....they would deny it.....NO DOCUMENTATION FROM THE BANK OR FROM THE HAUSA MAN....NOT EVEN A CAMERA PHOTO....since you went to do business outside the bank with another man.

Sorry my man.....but you were the one who caused your problem. You should have gone to another bank....and you should have not done forex business without DOCUMENTARY PROOF!...AND WITH SOME GUY WHO IS NOT LEGALLY ALLOWED TO DO BUSINESS IN FOREX.

Nigerians!

Nigerians!

That is not true my friend, because even in the bank, the Hausa guys are the one changing dollars. The banks guys will simply refer you to them.
Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by onatisi(m): 2:12pm On Sep 14, 2015
abuaoyen:
If a bank can defraud someone, den we are not safe in this country
me man use your brains before typing rubbish. The bank did not sell the dollars .the trader bought the dollars from an Hausa man he met in the bank and at the time of transacting business with the Hausa man the trader was satisfied about the genuinety of the currency hence he never complained ,he came back 10 or 16 hrs later to complain and return the money as fake .will you accept that? The question we should be asking is what happened between those 12 hours gap. Anything could have happened. But as the case stands the fault is all on the trader. Simple precaution he could have taken was to take the currency to the bank he used in paying the Hausa man the naira equivalent and ask them to verify the money before he pays the Hausa man.

1 Like

Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by monday4jesus15(m): 2:13pm On Sep 14, 2015
For the fact that he did not go to another bank is not a good result for him to be dupped. The must important thing is that he was able to trace the Hausa man and the Hausa man agreed he gave him the dollars and that was the very dollars he gave him. In other not to encourage other dubious persons out there, the Hausa man should collect his fake dollars and return the man's money. Hausa men that I know in Warri , any dollar issue by them have a mark and I am sure they do same in all the federation. while on the side of the bank they should play back their CCTV. to confirm if dollars were given to the Hausa man recently or not. if yes then the bank should bear the responsibility.

1 Like

Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by Kingbilo(m): 2:13pm On Sep 14, 2015
So they arrested the victim and acquitted the accused.. Naija I hail
Re: How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos by emmatok(m): 2:13pm On Sep 14, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Nigerians!

Nigerians!

Sorry most banks don't do FOREX directly with costumers, i have experienced this several times.

Since, ABOKI (dollar guy) claimed he got the fake dollars from the bank, the bank should come clean.

That FCMB branch is guilty here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dangote Refinery Takes Delivery Of Gigantic Distillation Component In Lekki.PICS / Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! / My Girlfriend Said I Look Like Femi Otedola, Is This True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.