Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,058 members, 7,814,640 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

There Is Hope For Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Is Hope For Nigeria (1246 Views)

Ministerial List: Seun Kuti Says He Has Lost Hope On Buhari Administration / There Is Hope For Nigeria If Other Governors Think Like This. / I Am Proud Of My Country, Nigeria. There Is Hope In The Air. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Is Hope For Nigeria by newera(f): 7:42pm On Oct 05, 2006
I described London to a young friend of mine and with absolute doubt he wondered if Nigeria could ever experience that level of development.

We’ve all seen the impossible become possible; we’ve all seen the unattainable become attained. Why not in Nigeria?

Ghana, Singapore (from third world to first world), Russia (fall of the Iron Curtain), South Africa (dismantling of Apartheid), Germany (collapse of the Berlin Wall) are a few examples of countries that have witnessed an unexpected change in this generation.

Corporate Nigeria, especially in the telecoms and banking industry, has also witnessed significant development. Why not our politics?

I think the problem is with our mindset. Most Nigerians believe the status quo will remain and calmly fold their hands. Very few people have any hope, very few people believe. It’s so bad that we complain vehemently about corruption in government and the next moment we give or take a bribe. We are all in this together. For there to be a change the government has its part to play and you and I have our part to play.

If we really want a new Nigeria in our lifetime by the grace of God we will have it. God has graciously blessed us with great human resources, great strategists who can sit together and chart the course for a peaceful revolution. We have qualified people who can run this country properly. The coming 2007 elections is throwing up a few of them. Some are praying, some are speaking out, some are going into politics. We all need to play our part. Complaining, discussing the problems and doubts will not help us.

What will you do?
Re: There Is Hope For Nigeria by Bolarge(m): 12:15pm On Oct 12, 2006
@newera

Great thots;inspiring words.
With people like us;with[b] faith[/b],hope and a resolve as expressed in these words of yours--There is hope for Nigeria.
I believe in Nigeria.
Re: There Is Hope For Nigeria by olaak1(m): 12:28pm On Oct 12, 2006
Iam please to read this from my contemporary, this is what we need if all we the so called leader of tomorrow have thesame spirit my sister "Newera" has, then we are not far from promised land keep it up sister smiley smiley
Re: There Is Hope For Nigeria by TrueBrit: 11:06pm On Aug 02, 2008
Sure there is hope for Nigeria. Just not in our lifetime.
Re: There Is Hope For Nigeria by thando(f): 4:10am On Aug 03, 2008
newera is Ghana really a first world country
Re: There Is Hope For Nigeria by manmustwac(m): 10:41pm On Aug 03, 2008
True Brit:

Sure there is hope for Nigeria. Just not in our lifetime.
100% correct just not im our lifetime
Re: There Is Hope For Nigeria by shilling(f): 12:01pm On Aug 13, 2008
Ghana, 1st world country keh! We are way more developed than them. That explains why Nigeria is in the d8 along with Bangladesh, Egypt, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Turkey. There's hope for Nigeria.
Re: There Is Hope For Nigeria by richmab: 12:24pm On Aug 13, 2008
Of course there is hope for Nigeria. The very essence of hope is to keep hoping that things will get better. Nigeria has come a long way, albeit that corruption and greed threatens to capsize the nation. Another major problem that encourages the stagnancy of Nigeria is Nigerians, all are quick to say "What has Nigeria done for me?", if the question is changed into "What can I do for Nigeria?", the country will step into great success and be on the ranks of China, yes I said China.
Re: There Is Hope For Nigeria by dudubobo1: 2:31pm On Aug 13, 2008
shilling:

Ghana, 1st world country keh! We are way more developed than them. That explains why Nigeria is in the d8 along with Bangladesh, Egypt, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Turkey. There's hope for Nigeria.

Stop decieving yourself
Try having regular electricity supply first so you can see clearly
Re: There Is Hope For Nigeria by bilymuse: 8:16pm On Aug 13, 2008
[size=15pt], the hope of the hopeless, the faith of the faithless , [/size]
Re: There Is Hope For Nigeria by BigB11(m): 8:21pm On Aug 13, 2008
A country that has no laws or weak laws has no hope.

Revise and empower the constitution of Nigeria and witness miracle!
Anything else will be same old same rubbish!

(1) (Reply)

Black Monday: Robbers Kill Over 30 In Anambra / Abba Ruma, Tanimu Kurfi Passorts Seized / Kidnapping, Armed Robbery, Greatest Challenges Facing Igbo -jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.