Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Why Do The Igbos Hate Buhari? - The Nation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do The Igbos Hate Buhari? - The Nation (8269 Views)

Why Do Igbos Hate Buhari For No Reason? / Why Do Most Igbos Hate Buhari For Nothing? / Why Does Igbo People Hate Buhari Administration?- A Call For Unity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do The Igbos Hate Buhari? - The Nation by PentiumPro(f): 8:41am On Sep 15, 2015
Aufbauh:
"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives, it is the ones that is most adaptable to change" - Charles Darwin.
My observations from the last presidential election is that Igbo exposes themselves politically that without them you can win an election.
They brag all over lagos that they will decide the governorship election but in the end it was same sad story for them.
I wonder why majority of Igbo population are Christian and Christianity preaches love and forgiveness, yet they refused to embrace these virtues. Even if Buhari have killed all your community men in the past it is progressive to forgive and move on. What they failed to acknowledge is that it is not only them that are marginalised if there's any. Others are not wailing the way they do not out stupidity or cowardness but they feel diplomacy can fetch you what violence & eternal grudge can't do.

Stand up ovation
Brilliant, simply brilliant.
If only elections are won by the amount of hate and lies you can spew, Igbos will be winning virtually all elections in Nigeria.
But when you master the art of give and take which Igbos always mistakenly refers to as cowardice, you will always have it your way in politics.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do The Igbos Hate Buhari? - The Nation by biafranking: 8:42am On Sep 15, 2015
doxime:
This is typical Yoruba.
they are trying very hard to drum into the consciousness of Buhari that the igbos hate him just days before the ministerial appointments.
I strongly believe that if not for the Yoruba,Nigerians would have got over the effects of the civil war by now but in their characteristic devilish manner,they have continued to misrepresent facts while fanning the embers of hatred.
I don't know when the choice of one political
party or candidate over another has amounted to hatred.
you ve spoken well..

7 Likes

Re: Why Do The Igbos Hate Buhari? - The Nation by magicminister: 8:44am On Sep 15, 2015
What sort of crappy journalism is this??
Shame on the nation newspaper.
Igbos did absolutely nothing wrong by voting jonathan.
In football betting, when you stake your bet on a team that eventually looses the match, does that mean you would stop watching football or having a say??
Does that mean the betting agents will stop taking your bets because you are an agent of "hate".?

It wouldn't be an election if everybody/states voted for buhari.
Even when buhari lost severally, he was a constant winner in some northern states....

We need to re-examine ourselves,

This country is just too depressing for real.
I can't wait to leave for my holiday...
*spits*

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do The Igbos Hate Buhari? - The Nation by Okobaba1(m): 8:45am On Sep 15, 2015
The question shd be qhy do cats hate rats?
Re: Why Do The Igbos Hate Buhari? - The Nation by PentiumPro(f): 8:46am On Sep 15, 2015
patrick89:

your ignorance is staggering!! igbos boycotted lagos election!! and the political awareness is growing gradually!!
Igbos boycotted Lagos elections?? Lies!!!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Why Do The Igbos Hate Buhari? - The Nation by Aufbauh(m): 8:50am On Sep 15, 2015
patrick89:

your ignorance is staggering!! igbos boycotted lagos election!! and the political awareness is growing gradually!!
So you mean they boycotted the presidential election too, their GEJ till 2019? Haba nau, the last time i checked PDP that the igbo supported lost both the presidential & gubernatorial election. Moreover i resides in Igbo dominated environment and saw the turnout.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do The Igbos Hate Buhari? - The Nation by hinwazaka: 8:52am On Sep 15, 2015
funlord:
grin

Only unwise or _stupid igbo people hate him! And I believe they are in the minority so no shaking!
When Nigerians want to be serious
* Soludo
* NOI
* Arunmah otteh
* Berth Nnaji
* Sam Amadi
* Peter Obi

When Nigerians want to be useless
* Bola Ige
* Fowler
* Remi Oyo
* Tafa Balogun

4 Likes

Re: Why Do The Igbos Hate Buhari? - The Nation by hinwazaka: 8:56am On Sep 15, 2015
Tinubu and his useless OMO ALE Lagos touts. Area Father of a useless league of fools. May fate deal Tinubu with poetic justice

7 Likes

Re: Why Do The Igbos Hate Buhari? - The Nation by LoveMachine(m): 9:00am On Sep 15, 2015
Check my posts! HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I BROUGHT UP HIS RUNNING MATES!?!?! He loves all of Naija! If we combine our collective will we can move mountains. Instead, after a worthless 6 years my brothers and sisters are agitating for a "new" state.
Re: Why Do The Igbos Hate Buhari? - The Nation by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 15, 2015
Okk..
IGBOS want DEVELOPMENT and GROWTH.

Moreover they want PEACE and respect for human life.

They want HARMONY.
IGBOS believe in LIVE and LET'S LIVE.

Most IGBOS are detribalised because an IGBO is ready to live among you, learn your culture and language swiftly possibly marry from your tribe especially when he traces his success to your roots.

FULANI.
A FULANI can KILL at any slightest provocation.
They practice more of religious WARFARE.
They have this BORN to Rule idea.

IJAWS

-For me IJAWS hate the IGBOS more than any tribe in NIGERIA.
-I have LIVED among them for years, they feel intimidated having Igbos around them.
-They display their hatred spiritually and physically.
-They just HATE IGBOS for no reason.

By the grace of God, I have covered 29 States of NIGERIA and have lived in 8 for some time.

The BEST FRIEND and GOOD BUSINESS partners of the IGBOS remain the HAUSAS/FULANI.

The BEST ACCOMODATING TRIBE towards the IGBOS, remain the YORUBAS.... because hausas have penchant for crises.

I have never voted for GEJ . He was never worth it. Because I knew his capabilities from bayelsa state
IJAWS are the most tribalistic in NIGERIA with earmarked hatred for the Igbos more than any tribe.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do The Igbos Hate Buhari? - The Nation by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 15, 2015
i think another logical question to ask is why do igbos hate yorubas so much as u can see from their response so far.
as far as they are concerned yoruba is the reason why they are not making progress as a people, yoruba is the cause of all the evil that has befallen them from time immemorial. yet they load marco polo buses everyday and head to yorubaland for sustenance.

the igbo psyche is puzzling to say the least.

they say yorubas are cowards, yet their biafran army was routinely routed and defeated by the nigerian side led by a yoruba, while their commander in chief abandoned them to their fate and ran off.

they say yorubas are dirty yet aba is the dirtiest town in nigeria.

i could continue but whats the point. they revel in their hatred. their hatred of yorubas and buhari gives purpose and meaning to their lives.

they continually lie to themselves that they are the chosen race and if not for the "yolobas" their gully infested land would be paradise.

well i doff my hat to the yoruba tribe that can hold down such a "mighty and god chosen" tribe like the igbos.

the igbos unconsciously feel that since they hate the yorubas then that means the yorubas must hate them with equal venom.

not so. what does it take for the yorubas to start a pogrom to wipe out the igbos in their midst? nothing. cos there are very few yorubas living in your non productive land. so no fear of retaliation.

the more you hate the less productive you are.
yorubas dont hate you. and am sure buhari doesnt hate you, he probably despises you. lol.

give it a rest will you. and i wish you all the best in your quest for biafra.
(expecting insults and curses).

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do The Igbos Hate Buhari? - The Nation by Nobody: 9:37am On Sep 15, 2015
He spoke the truth!

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Igbos Hate Buhari? - The Nation by morbeta(m): 9:38am On Sep 15, 2015
Ezife, Ifeanyi Uba, Athor Eze and Ohanaeze and co are the real enemiesa of an ordinary igboman. They care about their pocket and loved Jona cos he was indeed the Maga of the century. Am igbo and I love Buhari and will never cease to love him.
Re: Why Do The Igbos Hate Buhari? - The Nation by Nobody: 9:40am On Sep 15, 2015
Irresponsible Newspaper! I have never seen any thing like this before. I have never seen where humans either in the North,East or South Southern part of Nigeria carry placards with derogatory words written expicitly about other ethnic group(s). Only in a certain section of Nigeria can this happen. Shame on the Nation newspaper!

6 Likes

Re: Why Do The Igbos Hate Buhari? - The Nation by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 15, 2015
Igbos just hate GAYS so much!!!!
Re: Why Do The Igbos Hate Buhari? - The Nation by tolexy007(m): 9:47am On Sep 15, 2015
obailala:
Why do Igbos hate Buhari?... If you ask me, na who I go ask?

The real question is, why do Igbos love jonathan unconditionally?.... cos I think its the unconditional love they have for jonathan and the frustration that Jonathan was challenged and kicked out by Buhari, that is exactly what fuels the rabid hate for Buhari and anything he represents.

But at the end, its all an irrational hate. Politics is a game, there must be a winner and a loser, Buhari lost 3 times and won the fourth time, i have no idea why my brothers will not just let this 2015 GEJ vs PMB episode pass and lets see if the nation can tap into any good that can come from Buhari. We need to let sleeping dogs lie.
i think igbos hate buhari or let me say hausas becos the way they always kill them in the north and because they believe Hausa create bokoharram to distabilize gej admin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do The Igbos Hate Buhari? - The Nation by lolababe331e: 9:48am On Sep 15, 2015
They've always been sore losers

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Igbos Hate Buhari? - The Nation by zendy: 10:04am On Sep 15, 2015
[b]personally as an Igbo man, I don't see anything likeable about Buhari. Besides the fact that he is a Hausa-Fulani man who are arch-enemies of us Igbos, Buhari himself is nothing to write home about. All he came to do is to represent his fellow parasites up in the north and their born to rule mentality. Buhari simply did what all past Nigerian military heads of state have at one time or the other done. They all tried to come back as civilian heads of state. Buhari himself only got to were he is in life by being a successful coup plotter. When the Yoruba media talk about how corrupt the regime of GEJ was, they just expose themselves as hypocrites. OBJ's Government was just as corrupt as GEJ, it did not stop the Yoruba nation rallying round to help give him a second term. If GEJ had been a Yoruba man, there would have been no APC and nobody would have been shouting 'change!' in the SW. We Igbos had a choice, Buhari or GEJ. There was no way the Igbos were going to leave their Ijaw neigbour, no matter how corrupt his regime was, to vote a man like Buhari who represents everything bad about military dictatorship in Nigeria. Even in 4 years time, Igbo will still not vote for Buhari if he contests. But I'm very confident that we Igbos will have left Nigeria for Biafra by then anyway so it won't matter to us [/b]

12 Likes

Re: Why Do The Igbos Hate Buhari? - The Nation by jmoore(m): 10:15am On Sep 15, 2015
This picture below is the definition of hate

Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh.

Another hogwash from the Nation.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do The Igbos Hate Buhari? - The Nation by beland15: 10:17am On Sep 15, 2015
[quote author=Idrismusty97 post=38021190][/quote]

Am IGBO u tried to create sentiments but sorry u failed Buhari is not and cannot be our President he is a terrorist no cert a kidnapper who jailed Ojukwu for nothing the father of bokoharam #Impeachboohari

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Igbos Hate Buhari? - The Nation by Xano(m): 10:18am On Sep 15, 2015
Interesting.
To know how a tribe dislike another or someone, ask an elder and a journalist(advanced in age) of the tribe to know the reasons.
Anyone or a report from outside the tribe will not be sufficient enough, in order words, half-truth of the truth.
Thus, this report is half-truth.
Re: Why Do The Igbos Hate Buhari? - The Nation by Kestolovee95(f): 10:24am On Sep 15, 2015
Buhari and fulani, hates Igbos because Igbos have been the pain in fulani's ass to put an Emirate in Eastern nigeria. Igbo hate him back because him and his fulani people enjoy killing people and taking over their land. Ask Berom people.
As long as nigeria as exists, Igbos and other easterners will not love fulani and fulani will not love Igbos. Shikena
Re: Why Do The Igbos Hate Buhari? - The Nation by beland15: 10:33am On Sep 15, 2015
morbeta:
Ezife, Ifeanyi Uba, Athor Eze and Ohanaeze and co are the real enemiesa of an ordinary igboman. They care about their pocket and loved Jona cos he was indeed the Maga of the century. Am igbo and I love Buhari and will never cease to love him.

No one hates buhari but we hate his actions every true BIAFRAN

2 Likes

Re: Why Do The Igbos Hate Buhari? - The Nation by OPCNAIRALAND: 10:39am On Sep 15, 2015
patrick89:

If you were boycotting election why were you wailing and lamenting about pvc the days leading to election? Why did Agbaje beat Ambode in ballot counts in Ibo enclaves if you boycotted elections?

Pathetic 5%ter!

4 Likes

Re: Why Do The Igbos Hate Buhari? - The Nation by basilo101: 10:46am On Sep 15, 2015
how are the Igbos who work for Buhari being treated at the moment?

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Igbos Hate Buhari? - The Nation by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 15, 2015
IGBOS HATE NOBODY EXCEPT YOU ARE A SWORN ENEMY TO TRUTH, JUSTICE AND EQUITY.
At the 2015 presidential election Igbos only exercised their franchise right just like other tribes.

If Igbos are the promoters of hate in Nigeria, can anyone tell us any instance where Igbos go about causing mayhem, killing and destroying means of livelihoods for no just cause?

It's only mischievous bigots in the society that turn blind eye to the evil and injustice, and permit the atrocities to flourish in the land because they gain from the lopsided arrangement in the polity.

GENESIS OF HATRED BY HAUSA-FULANI-KANURIS AND THEIR SOUTHERN STOOGES

1* “We do not want our Southern neighbours to interfere in our development. We have never associated ourselves with the activities of these
people. We do not know them, we do not
recognize them, and we share no responsibility in their actions. We shall demand our rights when the time is ripe. If the British quit Nigeria now at this
stage, the Northern people would continue their uninterrupted conquest to the sea”. - Sir Tafawa Balewa (1947)

2* “We the people of the North will continue our stated intention to conquer the South and to dip the Koran in the Atlantic ocean after the British leave our shores.” - Sir Ahmadu Bello (1957)

3* "The new nation called Nigeria should be an estate of our great grand father, Othman Danfodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power. We must use minorities in the North as willing tools and South as conquered territories and never allow them to rule over us or have control over their future
- Sir Ahmadu Bello, October 12,  1960

Ahmadu Bello, arrogantly uttered the aforementioned statement in a multicultural and multi-religious country and got away with it, and many bigots still hold him in high esteem and even shove it down the throats of other people.

4*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WSosECbcmM

5* ...sometime in 2010, when upon the demise of President Umaru Y'Ardua, indications emerged that his erstwhile deputy, President Goodluck Jonathan, may contest the 2011 presidential election, a prominent chieftain of this same ACF, Lawal Kaita, who was a former Governor of old Kaduna S tate, threatened that the North would make Nigeria ungovernable, should Jonathan or anyone from the South win the 2011 presidential election, claiming that such would amount to denying the North it's birthright of ruling Nigeria.

6* It is in the same North barbaric statements like this were uttered in 2011: ”BABOON AND DOG WILL BE SOAKED IN BLOOD”. And what was the outcome - carnage and murder of many Southerners and Christians in the North, including many Youth Corps members when Buhari lost the 2011 presidential election?

7* That true to that threat, upon the victory of Jonathan from the 2011 presidential election, massive violence was unleashed from the North by a group which called itself Boko Haram and which repeatedly took responsibility for unending mayhem which began with the killing of Youth Corp members who worked ad-hoc for INEC in that election.

8* As the barbaric killings and destructions reigned, especially with the attack by Boko Haram on the UN Building and Force Headquarters in Abuja, the Lower Niger Congress publicly posited that the nexus between the aforementioned threat by ACF's, Lawal Kaita and the Boko Haram's bloody campaigns summarily destroyed any prospects for keeping the Nigeria Union.

9* "It was, therefore, no surprise that in October 2013, following the bold announcement by President Jonathan, presenting the sudden prospect of revisiting the master-servant constitutional arrangements of Nigeria infuriated the warmongering born-to-rule Caliphate whose cause was championed by the same ACF, and who, supported by their allies from the renegade wing of the Yoruba Southwest,  launched a vicious, frontal attack on the initiative, teaming on the floor of the Conference into a majority, and driving the Conference into its first major decision, i.e. NOT TO DISCUSS THE TERMS OF NIGERIA'S UNITY. The rest of the Conference was a jamboree that provided a luxurious platform for the North/SW Alliance, parading itself as a new political party named APC, to fine-tune their violent March to the do-or-die 2015 general elections."

damosthottest:
THIS WILL SHOCK MANY, A MASTERPIECE WRITTEN BY A NIGER DELTAN FROM URHOBO:

... this is coming from a Deltan, which will also shock many..., as they have tried to Divide us by State and Geo-political zones - Chike Michael.

Ena Ofugara from Urhobo wrote:

More On How A People Have Thrived in Adversity.
Four years into independence, three years before civil war, see how Nigeria was treating IGBOS
Now for you who may not understand why Igbos tried to leave the union, listen to parliamentarians.... Law makers in 1964 and tell me if it is your tribe you will not be like Ojukwu. Why would you want to be in a country where people treat you like this? Read for yourselves.
"Northern House Of Assembly Proceedings, February-March 1964
Below is an extract from the proceedings of the Northern Region House of Assembly between February and March 1964, less than four years after Nigeria’s independence from the British. I have nothing to add.

Read and judge for yourself:
Mallam Muhammadu Mustapha Mande Gyan:
On the allocation of plots to Ibos or allocation of stalls, I would like to advise the Minister that these people know how to make money, and we do not know the way and manner of getting about this business. We do not want Ibos to be allocated with plots. I do not want them to be given plots...

Mallam Bashari Umaru:
I would like (you), as a Minister of Land and Survey, to revoke forthwith all Certificates of Occupancy from the hands of the Ibos resident in the Region... (Applause).

Mr. A. A. Agogede:
I’m very glad that we are in a Moslem country, and the government of Northern Nigeria allowed some few Christians in the region to enjoy themselves according to the belief of their religion, but building of hotels should be taken away from the Igbos, and even if we find some Christians who are interested in building hotels and do not have money to do so, the government should aid them, instead of allowing Ibos to continue with their hotels.

Dr. Iya Abubakar (Special Member, Lecturer, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria):
I am one of the strong believers in Nigerian unity, and I have hoped for our having a united Nigeria, but certainly if the present state of affairs continues, I hope the government will investigate first the desirability and secondly the possibility of extending Northernisation policy to the petty traders. (Applause).

Mallam Mukhtar Bello:
I would like to say something very important, that the Minister should take my appeal to the Federal Government about the Igbos in the post office. I wish the numbers of these Igbos be reduced…. There are too many of them in the North. They are like sardines and 1 think they are just too dangerous to the Region.

Mallam Ibrahim Musa:
Mr. Chairman, Sir. Well first and foremost, what I have to say before this Hon. House is that we should send a delegation to meet our Hon. Premier to move a motion in this very Budget Session that all the Ibos working in the Civil Service of Northern Nigeria, including the native authorities, whether they are contractors or not, should be repatriated at once...

Mallam Bashari Umaru:
There should be no contracts either from the government, native authorities, or private enterprises given to Ibo contractors (Government Bench: Good talk and shouts of “Fire the Southerners”). Again, Mr. Chairman, the foreign firms too should be given time limit to replace all Ibo in their firms by some other people.

The Premier (Alhaji the Hon. Sir Ahmadu Bello, K.B.E., Sardauna of Sokoto):
It is my most earnest desire that every post in the region, however small it is, be filled by a Northerner (Applause)

Alhaji Usman Liman:
What brought the Ibos into this region? They were here since the colonial days. Had it not been for the colonial rule, there would hardly have been any Ibo in this region. Now that there is no colonial rule, the Ibos should go back to their region. There should be no hesitation about the matter.
Mr. Chairman, North is for Northerners, East for Easterners, West for Westerners, and the Federation is for us all. (Applause)

The Minister of Land and Survey (Alhaji the Hon. Ibrahim Musa Cashash, O.B.E.):
Mr. Chairman. Sir, I do not like to take up much of the time of this House in making explanations, but I would like to assure members that having heard their demands about Ibos holding land in Northern Nigeria, my ministry will do all it can to see that the demands of members are met. How to do this, when to do it, al1 these should not be disclosed. In due course, you will all see what will happen. (Applause).
Culled from M. O. Onyenakeya, Igbos in Nigerian Politics, pp.30-32

https://m./426888550813216?view=permalink&id=466671230168281

Hausa-Fulanis are very tribal to the extent that Christian minorities in the North maltreated and relegated to the background.
Till date there is much blood letting and killings in the North.

How can a country built on a false and faulty foundation progress by concealing the truth?

Austin4lif:
if not for the Grace of God I would have been death by the Fulani/hausa machine guns. Heavy machine Guns was shot in my area for 3 hours, no police and army from the Z00 come to help us. We have to use cutlass and stones to defend ourselves. It would have been a disaster even though we lost some gallant igbo youths who fought them with some northern Christians. The machine Guns shake houses wen fired, even the army don't have such guns but youths still confronted them. Nobody is asking who bought the Guns for them, can a koro seller or a tomato seller afford to buy SMG? Some stupid pple will come here and be shouting one Nigeria , sai Buhari. Go to Riyom in plateau state, go to Rigasa in kaduna, go to wadel in kano state, u will know that we are not one Nigeria.
Austin4lif:
Am never a Fan of this Kalu of a guy, what am concerned of is the northern domination of the minority groups in Nigeria. If you visit Kano, u will see hausa people claiming the birth right of Nigeria.

Those from the east,west and south are being regarded as foreigners in same Nigeria in Kano state. You dont have equal rights like those who are from there. Travel to Zamfara state, u will see the highest level of religious intolerance. The state school of health is an epitome of islamabad, Christians especially the girls were forced to put on Hijab b4 entering class

Who says that it is only Boko haram that want to force us to islam? Travel also to katsina state were it is a sin to be called igbo or a Christian even though there are minority christians from that state who are known as the"maguzawa" go to kebbi you will not have permit to build ur church and u will be harassed to pay tax by the local authorities even though hausa people are not goood in paying for Govt facilities. 
Only in Nigeria u will see Emirs with exotic cars and nobody is asking how did they get the money even though many of our igwe's and oba's don't even own a car.
Is only in Nigeria most mosques dnt pay NEPA bill and water Bills. Only in Nigeria will u see a particular ethnic group dominating all the sectors of the economy

Imokay:
Some pictures here will disturb you, but please this madness must stop.Something is hurting me and as each day goes by, it gets worse.

The blogs rarely report this. Its voice is muted on TV and radio. But for us that are affected, this voice is loud. Sometimes it is a shout, sometimes it is a cry, sometimes it is a prayer, sometimes it is just a hollow empty sound.
Berom people are being wiped out one family at a time. It started 14years ago. Our men, our women, our children are being murdered on the streets, on their farms, in their sleep, on the way to school and sometimes still in the womb.
The culprits are called Unknown gunmen. They are unknown to the security agencies, unknown to the bloggers, unknown to TV, Radio and Newspapers. They are most terrifyingly unknown to the presidency. Funny thing is if you ask a 3 year old Berom boy who they are, he will tell you. I heard a statement from the FG vowing to deal with cattle rustlers and to protect cattle rearers. The Fulanis that carry AK47s alongside their sticks?But nothing was said of the farmers (Beroms). So who will protect the farmers? Who will protect their families from the cattle rearers?
My mother’s village is practically empty. The women and children are squatting in town. The men form bands, like vigilantes knowing that they cannot turn their backs away from their ancestral lands or they will be lost forever.
That is the plan. Shey you all know. It is a war to claim territory." We make their villages unsafe, they run away and we can roam and graze freely. 100years from now, no one will dispute it is ours." It is a long term plan but one family a night, in a year thousands are killed year in year out and the plan is taking shape.
A chemical explosion at British America in Lamingo area in Jos and the Federal Government orders an investigation. Families are being snuffed out, not a word. He is chasing money for people that are dying. When (if) he gets this money, how many will be alive to benefit from it? I am speaking about my people, who are displaced all over plateau state. In my family house in Jos, we cook with a huge pot outside. I cannot tell you how much it costs. We will bear the cost, if only we knew when help will come.
The rest of Nigeria is looking at the North East, but they have hope. Who is looking at the North Central? We are looking at ourselves. When people from Benue speak, we understand only too well.
Someone asked what the security agencies are doing, we are asking the same. I remember when the soldiers in Vom were pursued by women baring their breasts. They were camping in the midst of Vom people and still families were being killed.
I understand America’s unwillingness to give up their guns. Too many crazy people. If the Berom people decided to bear arms, who in honesty will blame them? How do you look at the corpses of children with their milky bloody brains on the floor next to their severed heads and not burn with murderous rage? How do you look at young pretty girls wearing tights in the Jos morning cold strewn on the floor in awkward positions on half harvested potato farms and not want vengeance? How do you wrap the bodies of your 65 year old uncle, his younger brother, his wife and two children in wrappers and lay them side by side in a large dug out red dirt ditch and still feel human? How does a mother stop being a mother when her breasts are still leaking with milk for a baby hacked to death with a cutlass? She would hug the older children for comfort, only they were killed too.
And O ye kinsmen of Fulani, that jump into every thread and talk about how much cattle the Fulani have lost. Can you help us do a body count? Count your cattle and victims and we will count just our bodies. If ours is higher, will you stop? Will your thirsty god finally be appeased? I am equating the lives of my people to your cows. I am to understand they are precious to you. You have killed our old, young and the babies. You have spared no one.
I call on President Buhari because he said he is for us all. Not just the cattle rearers.
Plateau state voted almost 50%, hear our cries.
Lastly, no one should mention graze reserves. You cannot soak a land with the blood of its indigenes and then hand it over to their killers. Your cows will be eating blood grass.As i was putting this piece together, new cries, young able bodied men,with lives snuffed out of them by unknown gun men. Help us please, come to our aid........people here that campaigned, hep us get the president, maybe no one is telling him. We learn from the last administration, that people in power can be isolated from things happening and that was or confidence i this new administration. The President must hear, know and act.
Ya Yesu Adagwi, see our tears. Save our children.

Pix 1 and 2 Pictures of the victims.
Pix 3 Victims murdered in cold blood.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do The Igbos Hate Buhari? - The Nation by FreeGlobe(f): 10:50am On Sep 15, 2015
hinwazaka:

When Nigerians want to be serious
* Soludo
* NOI
* Arunmah otteh
* Berth Nnaji
* Sam Amadi
* Peter Obi

When Nigerians want to be useless
* Bola Ige
* Fowler
* Femi Oyo
* Tafa Balogun
fixed
Re: Why Do The Igbos Hate Buhari? - The Nation by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 15, 2015
EVILFOREST:
Okk..
IGBOS want DEVELOPMENT and GROWTH.

Moreover they want PEACE and respect for human life.

They want HARMONY.
IGBOS believe in LIVE and LET'S LIVE.

Most IGBOS are detribalised because an IGBO is ready to live among you, learn your culture and language swiftly possibly marry from your tribe especially when he traces his success to your roots.

FULANI.
A FULANI can KILL at any slightest provocation.
They practice more of religious WARFARE.
They have this BORN to Rule idea.

IJAWS

-For me IJAWS hate the IGBOS more than any tribe in NIGERIA.
-I have LIVED among them for years, they feel intimidated having Igbos around them.
-They display their hatred spiritually and physically.
-They just HATE IGBOS for no reason.

By the grace of God, I have covered 29 States of NIGERIA and have lived in 8 for some time.

The BEST FRIEND and GOOD BUSINESS partners of the IGBOS remain the HAUSAS/FULANI.

[s]The BEST ACCOMODATING TRIBE towards the IGBOS, remain the YORUBAS.... because hausas have penchant for crises.

I have never voted for GEJ . He was never worth it. Because I knew his capabilities from bayelsa state
IJAWS are the most tribalistic in NIGERIA with earmarked hatred for the Igbos more than any tribe. [/s]

The main reason many people of all tribes in Nigeria troop to Lagos State and its environs is simply by virtue of it being a former federal capital territory. So don't single out Igbos and term it that they are being accommodated. That's is an insult on the sensibilities of a people who have contributed in no small way to the mega-status of Lagos State.
It is absolutely wrong to even hold the view that Igbos or any other should be grateful for being allowed to live in any part of the country, Biafra or no Biafra.

If other people were not needed in Lagos such embargo should have been placed ab initio, about a century ago, before the heavy investment of crude oil revenue and the vast contributions of every other Nigerian, including their sweats and bloods, and not now as it's being mischievously mumbled in some quarters.

zendy:
[b]personally as an Igbo man, I don't see anything likeable about Buhari. Besides the fact that he is a Hausa-Fulani man who are arch-enemies of us Igbos, Buhari himself is nothing to write home about....

When the Yoruba media talk about how corrupt the regime of GEJ was, they just expose themselves as hypocrites. OBJ's Government was just as corrupt as GEJ, it did not stop the Yoruba nation rallying round to help give him a second term. If GEJ had been a Yoruba man, there would have been no APC and nobody would have been shouting 'change!' in the SW. We Igbos had a choice, Buhari or GEJ. There was no way the Igbos were going to leave their Ijaw neigbour, no matter how corrupt his regime was, to vote a man like Buhari who represents everything bad about military dictatorship in Nigeria. Even in 4 years time, Igbo will still not vote for Buhari if he contests. But I'm very confident that we Igbos will have left Nigeria for Biafra by then anyway so it won't matter to us
[/b]
Re: Why Do The Igbos Hate Buhari? - The Nation by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 15, 2015
[quote author=Idrismusty97 post=38021190][/quote]

Lagos ibadan expressway. Brown envelope journalism fanning the amber of hatred since 1904.

go ahead maybe it 'll get to buhari head and make him do things dat 'll bring about the biafra that we clamour.
Re: Why Do The Igbos Hate Buhari? - The Nation by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:12am On Sep 15, 2015
This article by The Nation is shameless and unfortunate. It fans the embers of tribalism and seek to promote and justify marginalisation of the Igbo ethnic group by the clueless Buhari administration. It is unfortunate that the APC is yet to understand that electoral success is not a license to ethnic conquest. Nigerians of good conscience irrespective of ethnic affiliation must rise to condemn this evil act of the APC and The Nations.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do The Igbos Hate Buhari? - The Nation by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 15, 2015
The reason why Igbos hate Buhari is because we don't want to see any of our sons who happens to be his VP be treated as mere commissioner Osibanjo.

We were comfortable with Jonathan because, he was more of journalist than 5%.
Re: Why Do The Igbos Hate Buhari? - The Nation by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 15, 2015
The reason why Igbos hate Buhari is because we don't want to see any of our sons who happens to be his VP be treated as mere commissioner Osibanjo.

We were comfortable with Jonathan because, he was more of nationalist than 5%.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari, Sultan, Sanusi Speak On Nigeria’s Unity / Oyo, Ogun Plan Herdsmen Registration, To Outlaw Open Grazing / Buni Promises 99.9% Of Yobe Votes For Tinubu In February Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.