Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,163 members, 7,953,620 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:56 PM

Nigeria Hip-hop Artists In Hibernated Mode And The Reason - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigeria Hip-hop Artists In Hibernated Mode And The Reason (761 Views)

Forbes Releases Five Richest Hip Hop Artists 2018 / Akwa Ibom State Dethroned Hibernated Boobs Queen Speaks out / The Top Ten Best Artists In Nigeria Year 2015! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Hip-hop Artists In Hibernated Mode And The Reason by heywhytech1(m): 7:19am On Sep 15, 2015
TODAY I AM TAKING A SNAP AT NIGERIA MUSIC INDUSTRY.

Nigeria Music industry used to be monopolized by Kenny Music, thanks to the likes of duo of P-square, and Mo’hits records who saw things differently and opens up the industry , our Artist now pair-up with their foreign counterparts even Nigerians prefer our indigenous artists in any occasion  both home and abroad. In this write-up I will talk about our used to be known superstars who now went in to oblivion not due to lack of talents but poor Public Relation (PR) and inability to move with time.  

Public Relation roles should not be consider as brand Manager’s role: Public relations professionals do more than draft press release and build relationships with media

representatives or arrange show biz they are also familiar with the attitudes and concerns of consumers, public interest groups and community in order to maintain and gives what fans demands at particular point in time.  People act based upon their perception of fact and this fact are derived from what they hears about, there are many of our Artist who lack raw talents but due to excellent PR they are making the mind of their fans blow, but the hibernated artist does not recognized the important roles media and publicity plays in their musical career ,that was what brought practical death to their Music career, facts available makes us understand that there are thousands of undiscovered talents due to poor PR and media representatives that is the topic for another day. Back to the topic, the following list comprises the hibernated superstar’s name.

1. IBRAHIM ALHASSAN AND MICHAEL ABOH (Zule Zoo)-Hit track- Kerewa

2. YEMI AKINWONMI and others (Styl-plus)

3.  EDDIE MONTANA (Eddie remedy)   formally signed by kenny music and they succeeded in killing his career. Hit track- SHAKAMO

4. ANTONY OLAREWAJU (Tony  Tetuila) formally a member of Remedies also formal Kenny Music artist- Hit track –MY CAR

5. KINGSLEY AYOVUNADUO AND DAVID AYOVUNADUO(Ruff Rugged and Raw)-Hit-TRACK’ WETIN DEY’

6. FRIDAY IGWE (Bab fryo)- DEM GO DEY POSE

8.MAJEKODUNMI FASHEKE ( Majek Fashek)- HIT TRACK ‘THE RAIN’

9.AHMEDU AUGUSTIN OBIABO( Black face) formal band Plantashaun Boyz with 2face and Face,

10. EDRIS ABDULKAREEM , Another Kenny music star

Other include the likes of Danfo Driver, Africa China,Daddy Showkwy, father u-turn, 2horts, essence, weird MC, Freestyle, Xproject, Djine and even reviving Jazzman olofin and YQ  others I fails to mention their names .

Towing this wrong path are artist like : 9ice,Olu Maintain, Jaywon, Jah bless, Klever Jay, AY.Com,  Face, Mr.  MayD even our very popular Big Fish, DBAND himself, though artist in this category needs to do something drastically to revive their career if not, dead is near to their career in ever evolving Nigeria Music Industry.

They should know what to do and of-cause is out of my service to advise them but working closely with the media will make a lot of sense and employing the service of PR manager who knows what the public needs at any point in time will perform wonder.

There are alots of lessons our Upcoming superstars need to learn, the industry is not just about displaying dollars, pulping champagne and wining and dining with ladies, though the industry is full of opportunities and avenues are open to become wealthy but caution must be taken, like what I read online sometime last year, about one of our superstar who travel abroad to buy two pairs of sneakers, I laugh, life is not always like that, why not ask from the oblivion once now, even the popular Blackface could not pay his rent, face also could not attend 2face wedding in dubai what perceived to be his inability to pay flight ticket, also what is fresh in our memory about OJB that had to result for public donations for operation to done.

Media, PR and bloggers are always available for you to utilize and pay them for their service, they will get the job done for you instead of venturing it to something that amounts to waste.

Writing by Adewuyi Ayodeji (www.heywhyzo.com)
Re: Nigeria Hip-hop Artists In Hibernated Mode And The Reason by Margauxluv(f): 7:21am On Sep 15, 2015
ftc leme den go bk nd read dah! winkftc leme den go bk nd read dah!
Re: Nigeria Hip-hop Artists In Hibernated Mode And The Reason by Kingblingz(m): 7:56am On Sep 15, 2015
OP I totally agree with you on this!
Re: Nigeria Hip-hop Artists In Hibernated Mode And The Reason by heywhytech1(m): 8:22am On Sep 15, 2015
Most are consumed by the accidental fame
Re: Nigeria Hip-hop Artists In Hibernated Mode And The Reason by hatux: 8:36am On Sep 15, 2015
Op Olu maintain, Ay.com, klever jay this dudes has already go solo... They're not just towing the path.

True about May D and Jaywon, I don't really know why may D left square records I think that what's killing his career right now. He is now irrelevance in the music scene..
Re: Nigeria Hip-hop Artists In Hibernated Mode And The Reason by heywhytech1(m): 8:44am On Sep 15, 2015
hatux:
Op Olu maintain, Ay.com, klever jay this dudes has already go solo... They're not just towing the path.

True about May D and Jaywon, I don't really know why may D left square records I think that what's killing his career right now. He is now irrelevance in the music scene..
AY. Com released one single recently also clever Jay, there career can still be revive if they work closely with the media and PR that can market and promote their work. Nigeria music lack talents of late, the only thing that promotes them are the media and beats.
Re: Nigeria Hip-hop Artists In Hibernated Mode And The Reason by danakins(m): 9:14am On Sep 15, 2015
Why is D'prince , Dr sid ,kayswitch not in ur list?
Re: Nigeria Hip-hop Artists In Hibernated Mode And The Reason by heywhytech1(m): 10:30am On Sep 15, 2015
danakins:
Why is D'prince , Dr sid ,kayswitch not in ur list?
Yea thanks for the observation, they are also towing that wrong path though the three of them basically lack talents, so marketing their stuff could be very difficult by would-be PR. The following artists are talented but they are greedy and not friendly with media, W4 , Mode9, Black margic and Rugged Man employing PR will turn things around for them because they are highly gifted and their stuffs are consumable.
Re: Nigeria Hip-hop Artists In Hibernated Mode And The Reason by heywhytech1(m): 2:32pm On Jan 14, 2018
Still ok still . The article I wrote years back and all my submissions came as predicted

(1) (Reply)

REVEALED!!!: Here’s What Kylie Jenner Would Look Like At 30years / Kanye And Kim Loved Up In A Hot Sizzling Pics / Pastor Disowns Daughter For Doing Pole Dance In A Music Video?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.