Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,851 members, 7,817,523 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

BREAKING NEWS: Buhari Names Accountant-general Of The Federation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING NEWS: Buhari Names Accountant-general Of The Federation (3610 Views)

Buhari Names Osinbajo 'Coordinator' In His Letter To Senate / Buhari Names New Federal Permanent Secretaries And Their Portfolios / Mohammed Dikwa Appointed Accountant-General Of The Federation By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING NEWS: Buhari Names Accountant-general Of The Federation by Mc4larin: 12:54pm On Sep 15, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari, has finally approved the appointment of a new Accountant General of the Federation, Premium Times reports.

The announcement was contained in a statement signed by Haruna Imrana, the director communications, office of the head of civil service of the federation on Thursday, June 25.

Ahmed Idris, a former director of finance was named the new AGF.

The statement reads: “The Head of the Civil Service of the Federation Barrister Danladi Kifasi who announced the appointment said that the appointment is with effect from 25th of June 2015.”

The statement also revealed that Idris, who hails from Kano state, was born on November 25, 1960, and was until his appointment, the Director of Finance and Accounts, Federal Ministry of Mines and Steel Development.

Former AGF, Jonah Otunla, resigned on June 12 and the office of the head of service later conducted examinations for prospective candidates for the position.

It was gathered that all directors of finance and accounts as well as some from the audit department of all the ministries in the counrty numbering over 60, attended the first round of the examination.

A source at the HOS said about 20 eligible candidates were dropped after the first sitting.

President Buhari is, however, yet to name the ministers in his cabinet. It is believed that the president is still deliberating on whether to reduce the number of ministries in the country to 19 in accordance with the recommendation of the transition committee.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Buhari Names Accountant-general Of The Federation by Mc4larin: 12:55pm On Sep 15, 2015
HMMMMMMM
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Buhari Names Accountant-general Of The Federation by meimoks(f): 12:56pm On Sep 15, 2015
Ok
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Buhari Names Accountant-general Of The Federation by Rawani: 12:56pm On Sep 15, 2015
This is an old appointment.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Buhari Names Accountant-general Of The Federation by fyneIjay(f): 1:00pm On Sep 15, 2015
Mc4larin:
President Muhammadu Buhari, has finally approved the appointment of a new Accountant General of the Federation, Premium Times reports.

The announcement was contained in a statement signed by Haruna Imrana, the director communications, office of the head of civil service of the federation on Thursday, June 25.

Ahmed Idris, a former director of finance was named the new AGF.

The statement reads: “The Head of the Civil Service of the Federation Barrister Danladi Kifasi who announced the appointment said that the appointment is with effect from 25th of June 2015.”

The statement also revealed that Idris, who hails from Kano state, was born on November 25, 1960, and was until his appointment, the Director of Finance and Accounts, Federal Ministry of Mines and Steel Development.

Former AGF, Jonah Otunla, resigned on June 12 and the office of the head of service later conducted examinations for prospective candidates for the position.

It was gathered that all directors of finance and accounts as well as some from the audit department of all the ministries in the counrty numbering over 60, attended the first round of the examination.

A source at the HOS said about 20 eligible candidates were dropped after the first sitting.

President Buhari is, however, yet to name the ministers in his cabinet. It is believed that the president is still deliberating on whether to reduce the number of ministries in the country to 19 in accordance with the recommendation of the transition committee.
Just here to confirm the name. Dazall

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Buhari Names Accountant-general Of The Federation by midolian(m): 1:01pm On Sep 15, 2015
Rawani:
This is an old appointment.
I tire o. Immediately I saw it I wondered if he is to appoint 2 accountant Generals grin

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Buhari Names Accountant-general Of The Federation by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:01pm On Sep 15, 2015
I thought this was an old appointment?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Buhari Names Accountant-general Of The Federation by Macelliot(m): 1:03pm On Sep 15, 2015
GEJ till 2019
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Buhari Names Accountant-general Of The Federation by kokoA(m): 1:06pm On Sep 15, 2015
Op just returned from pluto.

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Buhari Names Accountant-general Of The Federation by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 15, 2015
kokoA:
Op just returned from pluto.

More like from Epsilon Eriadni

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Buhari Names Accountant-general Of The Federation by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 15, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
I thought this was an old appointment?

I thought you deactivated your account & relocated to facebook?

Y don't u try linda ikeji's blog? grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Buhari Names Accountant-general Of The Federation by damiloladuke: 3:24pm On Sep 15, 2015
if only the government are like this

ARE YOU A BLOGGER or YOU NEED EXTRA INCOME, CHECK MY SIGNATURE

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Buhari Names Accountant-general Of The Federation by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:43pm On Sep 15, 2015
Zoharariel:

I thought you deactivated your account & relocated to facebook?

Y don't u try linda ikeji's blog? grin
I will consider it at the fullness of time
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Buhari Names Accountant-general Of The Federation by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 15, 2015
Sai Buhari shocked

(1) (Reply)

;d Osun State Mock Exam ;d ;d ;d / Nobody Is Ugly, They Are Just Broke: Gov Fayose And Wife Years Back / You Are Fooling Yourself Nnamdi Kanu Curses Osinabanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.