Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Ibb Must Rule Nigeria 2011 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibb Must Rule Nigeria 2011 (693 Views)

Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) / Who Is The Ugliest State Governor In Nigeria (2011 - 2015)? / Nigeria 2011 - Election - All results In 1 Place - (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibb Must Rule Nigeria 2011 by sadboi: 6:54pm On Apr 09, 2009
IF THIS WAS MY BROTHER, I WILL PUBLICLY DISOWN HIM. SEE THE MYOPIC INTELLIGENCE OF SOME OF OUR ''LEADERS''
In December last, a retired army officer and one of the foremost social critics in the north, Major Umar Abubakar, had vowed in an interview with Daily Sun to lead a revolution in Nigeria should IBB emerges Nigeria’s President again.

But today a die-in-the wool IBB supporter and former Kaduna State chairman of the National Democratic Party, NDP, Hassan Jalo has declared that come 2011, he would lead other Nigerians to force IBB to contest the nation’s Presidency.
Jalo, who has since returned to the PDP told Daily Sun recently that Yar’Adua’s performance so far was enough indication that former or serving governors cannot rule Nigeria.

Hear him “you see, these former governors and serving governors are not been sincere to themselves, and to Nigerians. When you look at the past governors who are aspiring to succeed President Umar Yar’Adua, the question I begin to ask myself is that, have they passed a vote of no confidence on the incumbent President?

Agreed, the nation is not moving, agreed Nigeria is at standstill, but no former governor has the moral right to seek for the Presidency of Nigeria. The Presidency of Nigeria is not reserved for only former governors and serving governors alone. They don’t have the intelligence, they don’t have the exposure and they don’t have the human feelings to continue to rule Nigerians. We have a former governor ruling us now, and we know the state of the nation now, so there is no former governor that can win in a free and fair election, even in primary election, not PDP, no former governor in free and fair election will get the ticket of PDP, because they don’t have the majority, they don’t have the followership.

When they mounted the mantle of leadership in their respective States for eight years that they ruled, including those who are ruling now and are in their second term, they could not provide dividends of democracy in their various States; but now they want to rule Nigeria in 2011. I am against Nigeria being ruled by either former or serving governors because they don’t have the wherewithal, they don’t have the experience and intelligence to rule Nigeria. They are too corrupt and immoral so I want Nigerian to reject them totally at the polls.”

Excerpts:
Why did you to leave PDP in the first instance?
Well, it started when we formed the pressure group towards actualizing the IBB Presidency in 2003 that was when we formed an organization called Arewa Frontiers. It was from there that we transformed into National Democratic Party (NDP), so the whole concept then was to really mobilize and campaign for IBB to be the president of Nigeria in 2003. So that was how I left PDP and joined NDP. I was the State coordinator of Arewa Frontiers, State coordinator of National Frontiers and also National Working committee member. Later I became the State chairman of National Democratic Party (NDP) and also a member of National Working Committee. And I served in almost all the committee of NDP at the national level.

Why did you suddenly find yourself back in the PDP again?
Yes, I realized that if really I want to continue to play politics, I want to be more relevant in politics; I should be in the PDP which is the party of the day. And it was later I realized that our leaders there at the national level have not been sincere to us, and so I decided to leave them and go back to my party, PDP for continuity.

When you talk of leaders at the national level not been sincere, does it also include General IBB?
IBB is not a leader of the party.

(Cuts in) … but you were in the IBB campaign group?
Mind you, almost all the political parties mobilized campaign for IBB to contest under their platforms, and all those parties have their national officers, national chairmen and what have you. IBB is a statesman and you find IBB in almost all the political parties in Nigeria, we have 50 registered political parties in Nigeria. Out of these 50 political parties, there is none that IBB does not have his hand in it because his name are scattered all over these political parties.

Are you sure that you are not coming to PDP now to further work for the actualization of IBB presidency, come 2011?
I will work for IBB all my life. I want IBB to be the President of Nigeria whether I find myself in PDP or out of PDP I will forever mobilize and campaign for IBB presidency. I am an IBB die-hard. I am for IBB for life.

Is that the reason why you are in PDP today?
Well, I told you that I am in PDP because I realized that if really I want to contribute my little quota politically to the development of my immediate community and the nation at large, then I should belong to the PDP because I realized that if you are not in the PDP, you cannot contribute meaningful in the sense that PDP has tried in its usual manner to muzzle the opposition political parties, and even in the opposition party, if you are not very strong, there is little or no impact you will make in Nigeria politics. So in as much as I want to remain in politics, I thought the best for me was to join the party of the day which is the ruling PDP.

What role did your twin brother play in bringing you back to PDP?
I will say that apart from my own personal decision, my twin brother, Husseini Mohammed Jalo and IBB himself influenced my decision to go back to the PDP because my twin brother is a major stakeholder in PDP in Kaduna State and now he is the Adviser to the State Governor on Political Affairs and he is the deputy state chairman of the PDP. I have no reason to be opposing my brother in any way. I will do any thing I can to make him succeed in his dual assignment in both advising the governor and leading the party in the State.

Recently some former Governors appear to be showing interest in the presidency come 2011 including those who are serving their second term now, what is your take on that?
You see, these former governors and serving governors are not been sincere to themselves, and to Nigerians. When you look at the past governors who are aspiring to succeed President Umar Yar’Adua, the question I begin to ask myself is that, have they passed a vote of no confidence on the incumbent President? Agreed, the nation is not moving, agreed Nigeria is at standstill, but no former governor has the moral right to seek for the Presidency of Nigeria. The Presidency of Nigeria is not reserved for only former governors and serving governors alone. They don’t have the intelligence, they don’t have the exposure and they don’t have the human feelings to continue to rule Nigerians. We have a former governor ruling us now, and we know the state of the nation now, so there is no former governor that can win in a free and fair election, even in primary election, not PDP, no former governor in free and fair election will get the ticket of PDP, because they don’t have the majority, they don’t have the followership.

When they mounted the mantle of leadership in their respective States for eight years that they ruled, including those who are- ruling now and are in their second term, they could not provide dividends of democracy in their various States; but now they want to rule Nigeria in 2011. I am against Nigeria being ruled by either former or serving governors because they don’t have the wherewithal, they don’t have the experience and intelligence to rule Nigeria. They are too corrupt and immoral so I want Nigerian to reject them totally at the polls.

The mere fact that Umaru Musa Yar’Adua may not be performing, does not necessary mean that other former governors or serving governors may not perform better than Yar’Adua, don’t you think others should be given a chance?
When you look at how they ruled their respective States, check them one by one. Like in my State I have a former governor who is interested in the PDP, he will not win, we know how he ruled Kaduna, he did not do anything for Kaduna State, so when you take them one by one, go to their respective States, find out how they ruled, you will discover that they could not provide the much needed dividends of democracy to the people. They don’t have the interest of the masses at heart. What they are after is only to go to the State treasury to loot, period.

But do you think you are being fair to Makarfi by saying he did not do anything, when in fact there tangible records of his performance in office?
It is not enough to provide roads, the masses do not need roads, go to the village and help their parents, our hospital have become more consulting clinics for the past ten years. There is serious poverty in the land, education has collapsed. It is not enough to say you are providing classrooms, no benches, no writing materials, no uniforms, parents cannot pay their wards school fees. So it is not enough for governors to say they are concentrating on building roads, what about sanitation, what about health care, what about education, what about security. So when you want to measure the performance of a governor, you have to look at it very wide, not only one aspect like road, that is where they are able to steal easily because you can not quantify how much he spent on the road, that is why they concentrate on roads construction. So no former governor has performed well enough in his State to warrant him wanting to lead Nigeria.

The IBB you are campaigning for has equally been accused of looting the nation’s treasury.
When you are talking of corruption, it started even before Nigeria’s independence, when Major Nzeogwu staged a coup; he gave the reason as corruption. Even in the fourth republic, every government that came was full of corruption. So there is no government in Nigeria that has not been accused of corruption of one form or another. So that is Nigeria factor. And when you look at it, corruption is world wide, it is a worldwide phenomena, it is not only applicable to Nigeria. And there is no government in Nigeria that has not been accused of one corruption or the other. The basic thing is performance of democracy to uplift the living standard of people in terms of education, health care and what have you. So when you look at areas of basic need of life, former governors did not do well but IBB did.

If you are to choose between Yar’Adua and the former governors, who will you choose?
I will not choose anybody because even when I was in the NDP I did not vote for Yar’Adua.

What you are saying in essence is that in 2011, Yar’Adua, and other former governors eyeing the seat should not bother to contest?
In 2011, I am going to lead other Nigerians to force IBB to contest, I don’t believe that former governors or serving governors can save Nigeria. When you look at their past records for the past ten years, look at the kind of money that came into this country, even a mere local government is collecting almost N200 million per month during Obasanjo’s era. When you go to these local government areas and see what is happening, you will shed tears.

State governments in the North are collecting 5, 3 billion naira per month, while others collected far more that from the past government, visit those States, find out if what is on the ground is commensurate with the first set of allocations they received, this is aside from the internally generated revenue and other special votes like excess crude oil and what have you, ecological fund and that So I believe these former governors should not be allowed to go near the Presidency because they have failed the masses totally, and as such they should be rejected Nigerians.
Re: Ibb Must Rule Nigeria 2011 by LadyT(f): 7:08pm On Apr 09, 2009
God forbid the era of the evil genius is over.
Re: Ibb Must Rule Nigeria 2011 by ikeyman00(m): 9:28pm On Apr 09, 2009
ibb knows he aint goin no where else his looter swizz a/c get fronzen!!

gbam gabm!
Re: Ibb Must Rule Nigeria 2011 by IFELEKE(m): 11:53am On Apr 10, 2009
IBB? RULE NIGERIA?
Well It's Possible, IN HIS DREAMS!!!
Re: Ibb Must Rule Nigeria 2011 by jamace(m): 1:50pm On Apr 10, 2009
If wishes were horses . . . . ,  grin
Re: Ibb Must Rule Nigeria 2011 by IFELEKE(m): 2:16pm On Apr 10, 2009
jamace:

If wishes were horses . . . . , grin
Baba Iyabo will still be calling the shots at Aso Rock and Atiku will be calling the shots at Kirikiri grin
Re: Ibb Must Rule Nigeria 2011 by moneygurl: 2:20pm On Apr 10, 2009
It is possible

In a country were all you need is to give people free amala and egusi stew for the whole week leading up to election and recharge card, money, to secure their votes.
Re: Ibb Must Rule Nigeria 2011 by iwefactria: 2:36pm On Apr 10, 2009
Nigeria is a country where everything is possible so IBB coming back to power come 2011 honestly, i wont be surprise.
Re: Ibb Must Rule Nigeria 2011 by Jarus(m): 11:50am On Apr 11, 2009
The IBB I know will not go for something unless he knows it's sure for him. He left the stage pre-2007 election because Obj was able to clip his wings. 2011 is not sure for him either. I don't think he'll come out in 2011.
Re: Ibb Must Rule Nigeria 2011 by blacksta(m): 12:16pm On Apr 11, 2009
moneygurl:

It is possible

In a country were all you need is to give people free amala and egusi stew for the whole week leading up to election and recharge card, money, to secure their votes.
You nailed it on the head. A country where people have sold their birth right. Highest bidder takes it all
Re: Ibb Must Rule Nigeria 2011 by auwal87(m): 2:25pm On Apr 12, 2009
sadboi:

Agreed, the nation is not moving, agreed Nigeria is at standstill, but no former governor has the moral right to seek for the Presidency of Nigeria. The Presidency of Nigeria is not reserved for only former governors and serving governors alone. They don’t have the intelligence, they don’t have the exposure and they don’t have the human feelings to continue to rule Nigerians. We have a former governor ruling us now, and we know the state of the nation now, so there is no former governor that can win in a free and fair election, even in primary election, not PDP, no former governor in free and fair election will get the ticket of PDP, because they don’t have the majority, they don’t have the followership.

But they do have the Money which they looted to spend on their campaigns to buy people's votes, and advertise wellu wellu!
Re: Ibb Must Rule Nigeria 2011 by MrCrackles(m): 2:31pm On Apr 12, 2009
Topic

I see a lot of positives in the IBB move

Fingers crossed!
Re: Ibb Must Rule Nigeria 2011 by scktaggif: 12:47am On Apr 19, 2009
ibb, never

(1) (Reply)

Police Collected N50 Million To Assasinate Muslim Scholar In Kano / How Nigeria Police Nearly Bungled Canadian Kidnap Case In Kaduna / U.s. Rejects Adeniran As Nigeria's Ambassador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.