Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,538 members, 7,837,071 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

‘Nigeria Has No Official Religion’ - Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘Nigeria Has No Official Religion’ - Buhari (38308 Views)

No Official Reaction From Nnamdi Kanu On Ozubulu Church Massacre? / Nigeria has finished me!! / If Nigeria Has No Official Religion.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Nigeria Has No Official Religion’ - Buhari by efilefun(m): 3:26pm On Sep 15, 2015
MARINS:

The Christian part still has more development than the Muslim parts of Nigeria.
Train your people instead of looting the nation. Most stolen funds in Nigeria can be traced mainly to northerners. So who is killing the country?
So where do you classify Abuja and Lagos? There's no part of NIGERIA you will visit without seeing both Muslims and Christians
Re: ‘Nigeria Has No Official Religion’ - Buhari by caprini1: 3:27pm On Sep 15, 2015
Nice one....PMB.
Re: ‘Nigeria Has No Official Religion’ - Buhari by roob: 3:27pm On Sep 15, 2015
ojmaroni247:
Ok oh,baba talk true for dis 1 sha

Does he have a choice?
Re: ‘Nigeria Has No Official Religion’ - Buhari by mandax: 3:29pm On Sep 15, 2015
Hawlahscho:

And you didn't hear when he stopped that

Stopped what?

One of the first official acts of PMB this year was to fix the exchange rate of US Dollar to Naira for pilgrims when Muslims were going to pilgrimage to Mecca.
Re: ‘Nigeria Has No Official Religion’ - Buhari by MARINS(f): 3:29pm On Sep 15, 2015
efilefun:
So where do you classify Abuja and Lagos? There's no part of NIGERIA you will visit without seeing both Muslims and Christians
majority.. . Please... Abuja is diverse just like Lagos but who is the majority? South and west embraced change and development.. . North? Oh well
Re: ‘Nigeria Has No Official Religion’ - Buhari by mandax: 3:34pm On Sep 15, 2015
SomebodyLovesMe:
Without Christ, Nigeria would have been comparable to the Somalias of today.

The beautiful thing is that God is not interested in religion - he is interested in obedience. Thanks to the few who truly obey Christ, this nation has been spared.

Yeah, love your neighbour as you love yourself. That's the golden rule of Christianity.
God or Allah must also approve this rule.

Observing this golden rule, any further activities about religion is adding extra - putting jarra.
Re: ‘Nigeria Has No Official Religion’ - Buhari by wisdomguy4u(m): 3:35pm On Sep 15, 2015
olamybabz:
who registered Nigerian with OIC? Was it Buhari? You had better stop thinking with your anus!

Buhari have the power to withdraw Nigeria from the OIC , since he has acknowledge the fact that Nigeria is a secular state.
Re: ‘Nigeria Has No Official Religion’ - Buhari by wiseoneking: 3:35pm On Sep 15, 2015
awoyam1:
President Muhammadu Buhari has declared that Nigeria is a secular state, and its citizens are free to hold on any religious belief.

The president made the declaration Sunday in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, at the Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria.

Buhari, represented by the Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, acknowledged the fact that the Catholic Bishops Conferences were crucial, and commended the Catholic Church for its humanitarian works in the internally displaced persons (IDP) camps in the North Eastern part of the country.

”The business of the state is to protect the lives, livelihood and properties of all Nigerians regardless of religion, ethnicity or political affiliation. There shall be no state religion, and all Nigerians are guaranteed freedom of worship,” the president said, saying that his administration was focused on the issues of security, the economy and corruption.

According to him, the menace posed by Boko Haram will soon be over, as the Federal Government is winning the war.

He advised that the poor and vulnerable in the society should be considered, as they constitute two-thirds of the population, and advocated for substantive investment in education, teachers’ training and entrepreneurial training, calling for the diversification of the economy and investment in infrastructure.

In his speech, Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike promised to maintain good relations with the Catholic Church, saying that he would support missionary schools and make them regain their lost glory and prestige; “so that they can become centres of educational excellence.

“As my government settles fully into the business of governance, we hope to engage the church in all the areas where our unique competence and moral suasion are likely to bring about a faster realization of the common good of the people.”

http://businessdayonline.com/2015/09/nigeria-has-no-official-religion/
In reality, we know what is happening. No official religion yet millions of Christian indigenes scattered all over the core northern states are considered worst than animal: denied of right to worship, jobs, education, employment etc. No state religion but hundreds of thousands of moslems in the north who are tired of islam and desired to converted are persecuted and killed. Let them tell it to the gods. Until i see people not harassed, killed or persecuted in their choice of religion, we will remain in our delusion.

1 Like

Re: ‘Nigeria Has No Official Religion’ - Buhari by omojeesu(m): 3:38pm On Sep 15, 2015
Mr. President you are correct. But a country may not declare an official religion, yet have a clearly favoured, pampered, domineering and dominating religion in appointments and resource control. A situation that is more deceptive and, thus more dangrous. This i think is our situation in Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: ‘Nigeria Has No Official Religion’ - Buhari by Kingspin(m): 3:39pm On Sep 15, 2015
Rubbish, what matter is what is on ground in Nigeria. Buhari dont tell me nonsense there is a tribal and religious supremacy in Nigeria which actual is the basic problems in the country. Buhari go and sit down if u dnt knw the real cause of your One -Nigeria and pls stop making a political statement.

1 Like

Re: ‘Nigeria Has No Official Religion’ - Buhari by possibilita(m): 3:41pm On Sep 15, 2015
Oga na true u talk but first I use God beg u come Auchi come put sense 4 dix muslims head,hw person go put loud speaker 4 outside mosque dey teach against Christianity and insulting Jesus ? Na watin dey cause trouble b that oh,if one church decide to do thesame and teach agnst islam plus insult Prophet Mohamed in d process ppl house go burn so make una warm them oh even though am an atheist I no like am.THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD DO SOMETHING FAST

1 Like

Re: ‘Nigeria Has No Official Religion’ - Buhari by mandax: 3:43pm On Sep 15, 2015
chuna1985:

Sharia is still been used for killing people in the north east and north west.

Nigerians don't even know that.

Most of Nigeria, especially in the south don't even know that it is unconstitutional for any state to adopt sharia criminal laws - as was done by 12 northern states.
The north knows. The north fcuks up south of Nigeria politically and religiously.

Most Nigerians in the south think it is sharia civil laws - sharia civil laws are constitutional. Sharia civil laws have been in the constitution for ages - but never sharia criminal laws.

3 Likes

Re: ‘Nigeria Has No Official Religion’ - Buhari by Nicepoker(m): 3:46pm On Sep 15, 2015
ademoladeji:
Baba the Father of Democracy...

Ride on till eternity

God bless Naija
the father of what?
Re: ‘Nigeria Has No Official Religion’ - Buhari by Bonapart(m): 3:47pm On Sep 15, 2015
ajepako:
Finally something I can relate with under our Daura ancestor's administration. grin grin
finally my brother oooo cheesy grin cheesy
Re: ‘Nigeria Has No Official Religion’ - Buhari by toonzay(m): 3:49pm On Sep 15, 2015
braine:
True. I wonder how one of the religions can just decide to take us hostage. We won't allow that.
hey....who named you braine? kinda bewildered
Re: ‘Nigeria Has No Official Religion’ - Buhari by Sweetlemon(f): 3:50pm On Sep 15, 2015
wisdomguy4u:
Yet! Nigeria remains a full registered member of Organization of Islamic Countries (OIC). Bubu what do u have to say about that?

And Buhari was the one who registered us there right?
Re: ‘Nigeria Has No Official Religion’ - Buhari by mandax: 3:51pm On Sep 15, 2015
To be convincing with today's declaration on religion in Nigeria, PMB NOW NEEDS TO PERSUADE THE LEADERS OF THE 12 NORTHERN SHARIA STATES TO RENOUNCE THE ADOPTION OF SHARIA CRIMINAL LAWS.

ADOPTION OF SHARIA CRIMINAL LAWS IN THEIR STATES REMAINS UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

1 Like

Re: ‘Nigeria Has No Official Religion’ - Buhari by toonzay(m): 3:51pm On Sep 15, 2015
MARINS:
majority.. . Please... Abuja is diverse just like Lagos but who is the majority? South and west embraced change and development.. . North? Oh well
we are one people
Re: ‘Nigeria Has No Official Religion’ - Buhari by olamybabz(m): 3:53pm On Sep 15, 2015
wisdomguy4u:

Buhari have the power to withdraw Nigeria from the OIC , since he has acknowledge the fact that Nigeria is a secular state.
answer my question
Re: ‘Nigeria Has No Official Religion’ - Buhari by sweetgala(m): 3:54pm On Sep 15, 2015
wisdomguy4u:
Yet! Nigeria remains a full registered member of Organization of Islamic Countries (OIC). Bubu what do u have to say about that?

He had no hand in it's registration, Nigeria is also a member of all Christian international organizations and represented at the Holy See.

There can yet be a benefit from the membership of the organisation of Islamic countries ,50% of our brothers and sisters are Muslims; and constitutes the largest population of Muslims in this part of Africa and should be represented in the international community of Muslims anything less would be disservice to their faith and unjust.
Re: ‘Nigeria Has No Official Religion’ - Buhari by jomoh: 3:59pm On Sep 15, 2015
blueto:
I have discovered that Buhari makes controversial statements each time he is away from Nigeria

He said Nigerians are calling him baba go slow, while he was in the US.
and look at what he is depicting now in France!

why is he not making such despicable & myopic assertions while in Nigeria??

If I say U no get sense now you will start tearing your dirty boxers.

With these your comment compared to what is written in the article just ask yourself, do you have sense?

wisdomguy4u:

Why don't you ask your hero GEJ why he went there when no Nigerian president has gone there since Abdulsalam.

BTW am a muslim. Oya kill your self.

3 Likes

Re: ‘Nigeria Has No Official Religion’ - Buhari by wiseoneking: 3:59pm On Sep 15, 2015
POWEROFPEACE:
A country like Nigeria should not have an official religion because that will further complicate things in the country. PMB has made a wise decision unlike some previous administrations were you hear that Nigeria has been declared an Islamic nation.
What wise decission, more over this statement does not in any way stops the mentality of northern hausa fulani muslims in imposing their religions to people who want to switch off from islam. They are delighted in people sighning in to islam but if one wants to sign out, they will try to shut your whole system down with pesecutions and death. That is a cult stuff: entering and refusing to leave unlike in christianity where you like to sign in and out at your will and take your destiny in your own hand. Literally and in a real sense the official religion in the North is islam, in the East is christianity and in the west is islam, christianity, chrislam which is fast growing up. All the regions has pockets of traditional worshippers with osun and sw reviving theirs, making it the fastest growing religion in the SW. In the east, judaism is the fastest growing religion and it appeals more to traditional worshippers who believe that it relates some how to Hebrews-jewish ancient religion. Presently a lot of synagogues are scattered in the Se esp in anambra state. The fastest growing religion in the whole north despite oppression of islam is Christianity, although far much higher in non hausa fulani enclave. Before 1960, there less than 13% christians in the north but today, you guess is good as mine.
Re: ‘Nigeria Has No Official Religion’ - Buhari by olamybabz(m): 3:59pm On Sep 15, 2015
onlymase:
could one be this foolish?
i wonder
Re: ‘Nigeria Has No Official Religion’ - Buhari by korrej(m): 4:01pm On Sep 15, 2015
can the president say this in an Islamic settings... NB. no question mark in that sentence.
Re: ‘Nigeria Has No Official Religion’ - Buhari by MARINS(f): 4:03pm On Sep 15, 2015
toonzay:

we are one people
we are not one people.
Re: ‘Nigeria Has No Official Religion’ - Buhari by Nobody: 4:04pm On Sep 15, 2015
jomoh:

U no get sense I swear.

Did u read the article at all.

declined and discarded.

It remains with You..
Re: ‘Nigeria Has No Official Religion’ - Buhari by Sweetlemon(f): 4:07pm On Sep 15, 2015
wisdomguy4u:

Did Jonathan do that?
If I remember correctly, GEJ is the only Nigerian President that has attended an OIC conference.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Nigeria Has No Official Religion’ - Buhari by jaybee(f): 4:08pm On Sep 15, 2015
ajepako:
Finally something I can relate with under our Daura ancestor's administration. grin grin

one by one you will all see the light.

1 Like

Re: ‘Nigeria Has No Official Religion’ - Buhari by olamybabz(m): 4:08pm On Sep 15, 2015
jomoh:

U no get sense I swear.

Did u read the article at all.
lol. It was buhari that asked him not to read it. I wonder how passed English in WAEC

1 Like

Re: ‘Nigeria Has No Official Religion’ - Buhari by ajepako(f): 4:09pm On Sep 15, 2015
jaybee:

one by one you will all see the light.

And the 'light' being who?

Our ancestor from Daura?
Re: ‘Nigeria Has No Official Religion’ - Buhari by moshould(m): 4:10pm On Sep 15, 2015
I propose the best religion....LOVE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Set To Increase Workers' Salaries - Daily Times / GEJ Losing A Poll Carried Out By His Aide / Buhari Visits Brigadier-Genera Aliyul In A Hospital At Berlin Germany (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.