Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,914 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

Open Letter To Jose Mourinho: Play John Obi Mikel More Often - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Open Letter To Jose Mourinho: Play John Obi Mikel More Often (2873 Views)

Michael Obi: Mikel’s Father Kidnapped, Rescued In Enugu Forest (Photo) / Olga Diyachenko, Mikel Obi's Russian Wife Reacts To Super Eagles' Loss / ANTONIO CONTE Willing To Play John Obi Mikel Further Up The Field (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To Jose Mourinho: Play John Obi Mikel More Often by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 15, 2015
Dear Jose Mourinho,

How are you doing Special and Happy one? I trust you will be fine. My name is Ade, a chelsea fan in Nigeria. I write you this letter, about my worries about chelsea fc, a club i love so dearly. I know you love the club as well and we fans love you too, really.

We started quite a bit slow this season which is unusual but we perfectly understand that this is football and anything can happen! We have not lost faith in you, we believe in you because you are the best manager in the world. I don't need to make more emphasis on that, history is there and your records speaks for itself.

Looking at our last league match against Everton, early on to the game we were already chasing the game, 2:0 down. It seems our defense is not what it used to be, ivanovic particularly has been in a funk. But one thing i loved about the game was because our anchorman, John Obi Mikel was solid all through the minutes he played. There was this sort of confidence i had, i felt we were stable and we recovered tackles and had a great success in our passes. We had this conection between the defense and attack.

No doubt J.O.M. is a very reliable player, very defensive minded, rugged and strong, i wish he starts games more often! More especially in this difficult situation we find ourselves in. Defensive football has been a key to our success over the past years. i think we should stick to our strengths and go back to our roots and origin, we are unbeatable when we defend, that's what Chelsea is best at!

With J.O.M. in front of our defence, we will experience nothing but stability, that we presently lack. My plea to you my dear manager is to use him more often. We need to get back to winning ways and one way of doing this is getting our defense line back in order.

I hope you take this suggestion from a Chelsea fan and minds of other chelsea fans, particularly from Nigeria!

Best Regards

www.streetajebo.com

twitter: @streetajebo

Instagram: @streetajebo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Jose Mourinho: Play John Obi Mikel More Often by Nobody: 3:23pm On Sep 15, 2015
When people condem Mikel, I wonder on what bases, to me Obi is one of the world's most reliable midfielder.

7 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Jose Mourinho: Play John Obi Mikel More Often by ThePeacemaker(m): 3:26pm On Sep 15, 2015
He killed his career himself, when he left united cor chelsea....... now his bench don qeht seat belt

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Jose Mourinho: Play John Obi Mikel More Often by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:57pm On Sep 15, 2015
Save your energy. Mourinho never liked Mikel. He bought Mikel to stop Manchester United from getting a top player and keep Chelsea on top. Just like he did with Pedro. With Ballack and Lampard, Mikel would never be a World great midfielder. Mourinho had no plans for Mikel.

In that game, I knew Mourinho would Remove Mikel and the game would crumble. Mourinho did as I expected.

I Don't see Mourinho giving Mikel a chance Mourinho is out to prove Matic is better. Meanwhile, players are having fun dribbling Matic.

5 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Jose Mourinho: Play John Obi Mikel More Often by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:59pm On Sep 15, 2015
Chelcy10:
When people condem Mikel, I wonder on what bases, to me Obi is one of the world's most reliable midfielder.

When Mourinho benched Mikel for a whole season especially after scoring two goals in a month and finishing as the second best player in Africa behind Yaya Toure, it makes you wonder what kind of person Mourinho is.

7 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Jose Mourinho: Play John Obi Mikel More Often by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:27pm On Sep 15, 2015
It is claimed that signing a holding midfielder will be a New Year priority at Stamford Bridge.

At last, people can see Matic is a weak link. People were scared to attack Chelsea and many ridiculed Mikel, calling him a bench warmer forgetting Chelsea was one time on top the table before Matic run and Chelsea dropped to third.

Please let Mourinho not play Mikel. I beg him. Very Wicked man.

5 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Jose Mourinho: Play John Obi Mikel More Often by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 15, 2015
you are on point @thegoodjoe

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Jose Mourinho: Play John Obi Mikel More Often by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 15, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

When Mourinho benched Mikel for a whole season especially after scoring two goals in a month and finishing as the second best player in Africa behind Yaya Toure, it makes you wonder what kind of person Mourinho is.

strong reliable and disciplined

5 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Jose Mourinho: Play John Obi Mikel More Often by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 15, 2015
Chelcy10:

gbam!!!

4 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Jose Mourinho: Play John Obi Mikel More Often by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 15, 2015
ThePeacemaker:
He killed his career himself, when he left united cor chelsea....... now his bench don qeht seat belt

I hope he plays tomorrow champions league

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Jose Mourinho: Play John Obi Mikel More Often by yoji: 7:07pm On Sep 15, 2015
delusion of the highest order on this thread. Mikel started a match as the deepest of the defensive midfielders and in 20mins or so there were 2 goals down already. in fact apart from the goals conceded, begovic had made enuff saves to be chelsea's best player all in the same first half Mikel was playing.
mourinho doesn't hate Mikel, its Mikel who hates his career. Look at how many clubs victor Moses has gone to on loan jus to secure first team football, Now that's a serious footballer. Your calling magic the weak link as if d spectacular goal he scored was cancelled, can Mikel try that??

5 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Jose Mourinho: Play John Obi Mikel More Often by lexyman(m): 7:20pm On Sep 15, 2015
Chelsea fans are always untruthful to themselves .

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Jose Mourinho: Play John Obi Mikel More Often by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:43pm On Sep 15, 2015
yoji:
delusion of the highest order on this thread. Mikel started a match as the deepest of the defensive midfielders and in 20mins or so there were 2 goals down already. in fact apart from the goals conceded, begovic had made enuff saves to be chelsea's best player all in the same first half Mikel was playing.
mourinho doesn't hate Mikel, its Mikel who hates his career. Look at how many clubs victor Moses has gone to on loan jus to secure first team football, Now that's a serious footballer. Your calling magic the weak link as if d spectacular goal he scored was cancelled, can Mikel try that??

[b]When the game started, Mikel and Matic did not work coherently. That was due to them not playing together for a long time. During training, it can work but real game scenario needs adaptation.

Mikel and Matic did not know who was to sit back and who was to attack. This was due to Everton playing a mobile midfield with Naismith and Barkley changing roles.

This led Chelsea to concede the early two goals. Later they understood themselves and they took over the midfield from Everton. From that time, Everton stopped being dangerous and Mikel put up some brilliant performances. It is difficult to see this in analysis because most analyst analyse goals. They do not analyse how Chelsea took over the midfield.
It was during this dominance that the goal came from a Mikel Matic combination.

Then Mourinho goofed big time. He did not like seeing the young Mikelele shine and took him off in his quest for goals. This unlocked the midfield of Chelsea and Everton launched an avalanche of attacks. Chelsea looked weak and Kenedy was lost in the midfield.
The third goal came through a Barkley and Naismith Inter changing pass and Matic was lost. Terry got exposed and a brilliant finish from Naismith.

If Mourinho left Mikel on and the midfield balanced, the game would have ended differently.

As I said before. If Mourinho could keep Ronaldo on the bench and dominate in Real Madrid, he will drop Ronaldo on the bench. The man is a hater. [/b]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Jose Mourinho: Play John Obi Mikel More Often by Kog45(m): 8:04pm On Sep 15, 2015
yoji:
pls stop taking thrash and keep quiet if u don't have anything to say,this thread is not for hater but people who know football.I can saying it anywhere that matic is not better than Mikel and I have my fact.Pls go and watch PSG vs Chelsea champions league last year and tell how on earth is overhype matic is better than underrated mikel.A good football analyst will never compare moses and Mikel bcs they are not in d same class.Whether u like it or not Mikel is far ahead of moses when it comes to their Chelsea career.I don't see any reason why Mikel should not be in d starting line up of present Chelsea that have underperforming players like fabregas,ivanovic,Zouma,Cahil,hazard,Costa,terry and even matic.

7 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Jose Mourinho: Play John Obi Mikel More Often by Nobody: 10:52pm On Sep 15, 2015
yoji:

with diz ur hating post i definitely kno wat part of naija u comme from
and i can bet on it

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Jose Mourinho: Play John Obi Mikel More Often by prelinctus: 8:02am On Sep 16, 2015
MrKontrovErsy:

with diz ur hating post i definitely kno wat part of naija u comme from
and i can bet on it
How is it a 'hating post' when he was even praising Mikel

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Jose Mourinho: Play John Obi Mikel More Often by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:31am On Sep 16, 2015
yoji:
mourinho doesn't hate Mikel, its Mikel who hates his career. Look at how many clubs victor Moses has gone to on loan jus to secure first team football, Now that's a serious footballer. Your calling magic the weak link as if d spectacular goal he scored was cancelled, can Mikel try that?

prelinctus:

How is it a 'hating post' when he was even praising Mikel

I beg you, show me where he praised Mikel in that post.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Jose Mourinho: Play John Obi Mikel More Often by omar22(m): 8:52am On Sep 16, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
Save your energy. Mourinho never liked Mikel. He bought Mikel to stop Manchester United from getting a top player and keep Chelsea on top. Just like he did with Pedro. With Ballack and Lampard, Mikel would never be a World great midfielder. Mourinho had no plans for Mikel.

In that game, I knew Mourinho would Remove Mikel and the game would crumble. Mourinho did as I expected.

I Don't see Mourinho giving Mikel a chance Mourinho is out to prove Matic is better. Meanwhile, players are having fun dribbling Matic.

What a load of Rubbish

Mikel was sold to United by Lynn but the Norwegian club will still have him for another 4years, Mikel and agent Shittu wasnt happy about the arrangement and also realised that Mikel doesnt have a professional contract, Peter Kenyon the former Manchester United CE moved across to Chelsea and alerted the recruitment department that we could get a promising young player that's on United's books that could replace Claude Makalele.

4 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Jose Mourinho: Play John Obi Mikel More Often by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:20pm On Sep 16, 2015
omar22:

What a load of Rubbish

Mikel was sold to United by Lynn but the Norwegian club will still have him for another 4years, Mikel and agent Shittu wasnt happy about the arrangement and also realised that Mikel doesnt have a professional contract, Peter Kenyon the former Manchester United CE moved across to Chelsea and alerted the recruitment department that we could get a promising young player that's on United's books that could replace Claude Makalele.

I do not know what is the rubbish you are talking about. Everyone knew Mikel was going to Manchester United. Peter Kenyon alerting Chelsea of a loop hole does not change the fact that Chelsea did not need Mikel. Mikel was a creative attacking midfielder and Chelsea had surplus players to play that role.

So what are you talking? Mourinho did not buy Mikel to come and become his top 10. Ferguson wanted him. That is why Mikel ended up as a defensive midfielder because there was never any plan to play him creatively.

What do you mean by Shittu did not like the arrangement. That is ridiculous. Shittu only cared about his pocket and not Mikel's career

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Jose Mourinho: Play John Obi Mikel More Often by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:24pm On Sep 16, 2015
omar22:

What a load of Rubbish

Peter Kenyon the former Manchester United CE moved across to Chelsea and alerted the recruitment department that we could get a promising young player that's on United's books that could replace Claude Makalele.

Did you really write that? Mikel never played as a defensive midfielder from Pepsi Academy to U17 to Plateau United to U20 to Lyn Oslo. So how the hell did Peter Kenyon sight the next Makelele? Na wa.

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Jose Mourinho: Play John Obi Mikel More Often by omar22(m): 1:59pm On Sep 16, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

I do not know what is the rubbish you are talking about. Everyone knew Mikel was going to Manchester United. Peter Kenyon alerting Chelsea of a loop hole does not change the fact that Chelsea did not need Mikel. Mikel was a creative attacking midfielder and Chelsea had surplus players to play that role.

So what are you talking? Mourinho did not buy Mikel to come and become his top 10. Ferguson wanted him. That is why Mikel ended up as a defensive midfielder because there was never any plan to play him creatively.

What do you mean by Shittu did not like the arrangement. That is ridiculous. Shittu only cared about his pocket and not Mikel's career

Mikel was bought to play as a deep lying play maker, whether he played as a striker from age 10 is irrelevant, he was young and easy to be moulded into that position Carlo Ancelotti moulded Andreas Pirlo from a supporting striker to a deep lying play maker. Yuri Nikirov who was the top goal scorer at the 1987 U17 world cup was turned into a sweeper and a very good one

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Jose Mourinho: Play John Obi Mikel More Often by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:22pm On Sep 16, 2015
omar22:

Mikel was bought to play as a deep lying play maker, whether he played as a striker from age 10 is irrelevant, he was young and easy to be moulded into that position Carlo Ancelotti moulded Andreas Pirlo from a supporting striker to a deep lying play maker. Yuri Nikirov who was the top goal scorer at the 1987 U17 world cup was turned into a sweeper and a very good one

Was Makalele a deep lying playmaker? No. Did Mikel ever play as a deep lying playmaker? He was never going to play that role with Lampard and Ballack at the club. Mourinho did not need him and never planned to use him as a deep lying play maker. Manchester United had that place empty.

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Jose Mourinho: Play John Obi Mikel More Often by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 16, 2015
quality analysis going on here, thumbs up you all

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Jose Mourinho: Play John Obi Mikel More Often by yoji: 7:08am On Sep 18, 2015
Kog45:
pls stop taking thrash and keep quiet if u don't have anything to say,this thread is not for hater but people who know football.I can saying it anywhere that matic is not better than Mikel and I have my fact.Pls go and watch PSG vs Chelsea champions league last year and tell how on earth is overhype matic is better than underrated mikel.A good football analyst will never compare moses and Mikel bcs they are not in d same class.Whether u like it or not Mikel is far ahead of moses when it comes to their Chelsea career.I don't see any reason why Mikel should not be in d starting line up of present Chelsea that have underperforming players like fabregas,ivanovic,Zouma,Cahil,hazard,Costa,terry and even matic.
you claim mikel is better than matic, yet matic was voted into the PFA team of the year last season. Pls note that when all the premiership footballers vote for their colleagues, its significant cos they play against each other week in week out. Are u saying if mikel replaced matic last season, he would have been in the team of the season??
interesting, if so why was he not in the team of the season before matic came to chelsea??
Against PSG, last season, chelsea as a team were no match for psg. Where was hazard too ?? If u want to pick games players have had before in the past, thats easy, Against juventus some time back, Vucinic, a small man out muscled Mikel off the ball and went on to score! I think that was 2 seasons ago
Also uisunderstood my,comparism of moses and mikel, i am not refering to ability on the pitch cos they play different positions, i was refering to desire to play. That was the comparism. Moses went on loan to liverpool and west ham in successive seasons in an attempt to secure first team football while mikel despite the coach making it clear he is not in his plans for first team football still remains at the club rooted to the bench. Thats the comparism. Besides mikel has won everything winnable at chelsea so why cant he jus move on??
imagine, against macabi when chelsea made plenty changes all over, mikel still didnt make it and he sits there still!!

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Jose Mourinho: Play John Obi Mikel More Often by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 18, 2015
in simple terms, Mikel is unambitious, he's very comfortable on the bench

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Jose Mourinho: Play John Obi Mikel More Often by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:55am On Sep 18, 2015
Please, if Mikel was played regular at Chelsea last season, he would have been in the team of the season. Matic is yet to rack the stats of Mikel. Vucinic is a World class hitman, out muscling Mikel is nothing. What of Matic that Puncheon walked over repeatedly?

Mikel has done it big against the likes of Barcelona and Bayern Munich and come out tops. Mikel has been voted at one time among the top three passers in the EPL. Mikel played alone for long without a second defensive midfielder. Now Mourinho is forced to play Matic with a cover defensive midfielder.

Mikel is better.

yoji:

you claim mikel is better than matic, yet matic was voted into the PFA team of the year last season. Pls note that when all the premiership footballers vote for their colleagues, its significant cos they play against each other week in week out. Are u saying if mikel replaced matic last season, he would have been in the team of the season??
interesting, if so why was he not in the team of the season before matic came to chelsea??
Against PSG, last season, chelsea as a team were no match for psg. Where was hazard too ?? If u want to pick games players have had before in the past, thats easy, Against juventus some time back, Vucinic, a small man out muscled Mikel off the ball and went on to score! I think that was 2 seasons ago
Also uisunderstood my,comparism of moses and mikel, i am not refering to ability on the pitch cos they play different positions, i was refering to desire to play. That was the comparism. Moses went on loan to liverpool and west ham in successive seasons in an attempt to secure first team football while mikel despite the coach making it clear he is not in his plans for first team football still remains at the club rooted to the bench. Thats the comparism. Besides mikel has won everything winnable at chelsea so why cant he jus move on??
imagine, against macabi when chelsea made plenty changes all over, mikel still didnt make it and he sits there still!!

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Jose Mourinho: Play John Obi Mikel More Often by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:57am On Sep 18, 2015
streetajebo:
in simple terms, Mikel is unambitious, he's very comfortable on the bench

That is not true. If Mikel was comfortable on the bench, he would not have reinvented himself from a creative midfielder to a defensive one when he had Essien, Ballack, Lampard ahead of him. Mikel wanted to leave this season but Mourinho refused.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Jose Mourinho: Play John Obi Mikel More Often by udemzyudex(m): 2:40pm On Sep 18, 2015
ThePeacemaker:

Like say them. For Dey use am. If he Dey manu... All this manu fans no go let us hear word..

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Jose Mourinho: Play John Obi Mikel More Often by KoSsovo: 3:03pm On Sep 18, 2015
Chelcy10:
HAHAHA OBI? HE IS THE MOST LAZY PLAYER I HAVE EVER SEEN....STUPID NIGERIAS WILL NEVER SAY THE TRUTH. FOOOOLS grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Jose Mourinho: Play John Obi Mikel More Often by tommychow(m): 4:16pm On Sep 18, 2015
Mikel fanboys. Y'all are defending him because he's NIGERIAN. Mikel lacks the work rate that a solid DM should have. He's not difficult to dribble and when he's dribbled, he struggles to catch up. Go check his rating on FIFA 16, he's the lowest with an overall of 77. Stop being blinded by patriotism. Mikel is only good for last 15 mins. Why did you think he was the 1st to be subbed against Everton? The CBs were constantly exposed and it was forcing Ivanovic to run into the box to give support instead of man-marking the winger. Watch Naismith's 2nd goal again. See how the back was exposed after he was dribbled off?

I won't take away the fact that his passing is on point and neat but the MAIN JOB of a defensive midfielder is to cover the centrebacks. If he can't do that effectively then he's a liability. Picture a striker who passes well, dribbles well, is a good team player but doesn't finish his chances. Isn't it better to have a player with ALL THE RIGHT QUALITIES FOR HIS ROLE?

I hate Arsenal but I have to give it to Coquelin, bloody energetic. Please, that guy needs to do drug test.

At the end of the day, I understand. I'm pretty sure Chelsea fans in Serbia will still show Ivanovic support even with his dreadful form.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Jose Mourinho: Play John Obi Mikel More Often by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:49pm On Sep 18, 2015
tommychow:
Mikel fanboys. Y'all are defending him because he's NIGERIAN. Mikel lacks the work rate that a solid DM should have. He's not difficult to dribble and when he's dribbled, he struggles to catch up. Go check his rating on FIFA 16, he's the lowest with an overall of 77. Stop being blinded by patriotism. Mikel is only good for last 15 mins. Why did you think he was the 1st to be subbed against Everton? The CBs were constantly exposed and it was forcing Ivanovic to run into the box to give support instead of man-marking the winger. Watch Naismith's 2nd goal again. See how the back was exposed after he was dribbled off?

I won't take away the fact that his passing is on point and neat but the MAIN JOB of a defensive midfielder is to cover the centrebacks. If he can't do that effectively then he's a liability. Picture a striker who passes well, dribbles well, is a good team player but doesn't finish his chances. Isn't it better to have a player with ALL THE RIGHT QUALITIES FOR HIS ROLE?

I hate Arsenal but I have to give it to Coquelin, bloody energetic. Please, that guy needs to do drug test.

At the end of the day, I understand. I'm pretty sure Chelsea fans in Serbia will still show Ivanovic support even with his dreadful form.

[b]What do you mean by all the qualities? No player has all the qualities. When you say work rate, you are talking of sprinting up and down the pitch. That to you means excellence but the truth is that sometimes it covers deficiency in the plays of some players.

Look at Onazi for instance. Many hail him for his work rate but some times his wrong decisions cost the team. Matic has been poor this season. You hardly find fans pointing him out because of his energetic running.

What Mikel lacks in quality, he covers it by being exceptional in others. Remember, Mikel was one of the best players, if not the best when Chelsea won the Champions League. Was he running energetically? He was being brilliant and reading the strong points of Bayern Munich.

Mikel might not sprint up and down the field but he meets up by putting in extra. That is why at the World Cup, he was the Nigerian player that covered the most distance. Is that not work rate? He read danger areas before the ball gets there and nullified the threat.

One of the best defensive midfielders in football today is Busquets. Does he sprint up and down the pitch? [/b]

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Jose Mourinho: Play John Obi Mikel More Often by Nobody: 9:30pm On Sep 18, 2015
KoSsovo:

HAHAHA OBI? HE IS THE MOST LAZY PLAYER I HAVE EVER SEEN....STUPID NIGERIAS WILL NEVER SAY THE TRUTH. FOOOOLS grin
Can't you just make your own contribution or better still ignore the topic, why must you call me a fool, because my opinion differed from yours?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lets Win Together This Season. / Uk Football Purple Coupon Week 40 Xx3xx / These 4 Players Have Decided To Leave Real Madrid Due To Zidane's Exit.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.