Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Am I Really Studying The Wrong Course? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Am I Really Studying The Wrong Course? (1175 Views)

Pics- Female Corper's Post Goes Viral For All The Wrong Reasons / First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? / Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Really Studying The Wrong Course? by jeremyah(m): 4:33pm On Sep 15, 2015
I feel like am been duped by nature.
Am studying a beautiful course,the type every young man would wish he had a chance to study.,
my problem is that i struggle too much to pass either exams or quiz.
I attended a seminar sometime ago in enugu n the speaker was talking abt Habitat.
IN his lecture he used Habitat as the type of thing u do or kind of course u study. He said in ur natural habitat u don't struggle to pass, u don't cry so much to get even a C in a course.
It was jus lik i was the person he was refering to bc my case is the exact opp definition of habitat.
It got so worst dat when my frnds from other dept always boast how efficient they are when it come to dept courses n i can say same for my self.

Not that i don't read. When u come to UNN u'll know that reading is never an option.

My greatest fear now is dat am to graduate next yr am not sure how it's gonna turn out.frankly speaking to resorting to tins that are not supposed to bc of my poor performance n i hate it.

/
so u're my judge today and i need u advice on what to do.
The question now is wat should i do?
Is getting another degree after this gonna make up for all my losses?
Re: Am I Really Studying The Wrong Course? by LadyMessi(f): 4:47pm On Sep 15, 2015
I dnt really know what to tell you, but u should have quited since year two, after seen your year 1 perfomance.
Re: Am I Really Studying The Wrong Course? by uniqueflash(m): 5:08pm On Sep 15, 2015
TELL US DE COURSE U RE STUDYING PRESENTLY SO WE KNW HOW N WAT TO TELL U.
Re: Am I Really Studying The Wrong Course? by mankan2k7(m): 5:09pm On Sep 15, 2015
Booked space,in case of incasity
Re: Am I Really Studying The Wrong Course? by jeremyah(m): 5:40pm On Sep 15, 2015
Am currently studying electronic engineering.plus my first yr grades wasn't really bad but i had thought wit time i'll come to like it(my course). I happen to do well in non science courses but struggle in my own science n engineering courses
Re: Am I Really Studying The Wrong Course? by willian10: 10:14pm On Sep 15, 2015
Make I park my Bugatti here first
Re: Am I Really Studying The Wrong Course? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Sep 15, 2015
He said in ur natural habitat u don't struggle to pass, u don't cry so much to get even a C in a course.
This is bullshit.
If you really enjoy what you do you won't notice that you spend a lot of time on it.

OP, do YOU like the course?
Did you choose it in the first place or do your parents want to be Papa & Mama Engineer?

If you did not choose the course yourself then I must say there's not much to do.
You can force yourself to pass the course, but will you force yourself to work with your degree after school?
If this was your first year it'd have been easier to change to something you really like.
Seeing as you'll graduate next year you can stick with the course till you graduate,later you can then start over doing the course you like, or enroll for a PGD programme in your preferred course.

By the way what do you mean by this?

frankly speaking to resorting to tins that are not supposed to bc of my poor performance n i hate it.
Re: Am I Really Studying The Wrong Course? by jeremyah(m): 12:09am On Sep 16, 2015
Karmanaut:

This is bullshit.
If you really enjoy what you do you won't notice that you spend a lot of time on it.

OP, do YOU like the course?
Did you choose it in the first place or do your parents want to be Papa & Mama Engineer?

If you did not choose the course yourself then I must say there's not much to do.
You can force yourself to pass the course, but will you force yourself to work with your degree after school?
If this was your first year it'd have been easier to change to something you really like.
Seeing as you'll graduate next year you can stick with the course till you graduate,later you can then start over doing the course you like, or enroll for a PGD programme in your preferred course.

By the way what do you mean by this?

you jus spoke my mind. But i didn't say i entirely hate engineering per say.jus that my poor performance has instilled dis fear n it's weighing me down plus i also have other courses i envy outside engineering.
§
for the records my parents did not choose the course for me.i did
Re: Am I Really Studying The Wrong Course? by Nobody: 12:24am On Sep 16, 2015
jeremyah:
I feel like am been duped by nature.
Am studying a beautiful course,the type every young man would wish he had a chance to study.,
my problem is that i struggle too much to pass either exams or quiz.
I attended a seminar sometime ago in enugu n the speaker was talking abt Habitat.
IN his lecture he used Habitat as the type of thing u do or kind of course u study. He said in ur natural habitat u don't struggle to pass, u don't cry so much to get even a C in a course.
It was jus lik i was the person he was refering to bc my case is the exact opp definition of habitat.
It got so worst dat when my frnds from other dept always boast how efficient they are when it come to dept courses n i can say same for my self.

Not that i don't read. When u come to UNN u'll know that reading is never an option.

My greatest fear now is dat am to graduate next yr am not sure how it's gonna turn out.frankly speaking to resorting to tins that are not supposed to bc of my poor performance n i hate it.

/
so u're my judge today and i need u advice on what to do.
The question now is wat should i do?
Is getting another degree after this gonna make up for all my losses?

Stop allowing one motivational speaker somewhere to determine how life is going to work out for you.
The thing is, it's never going to be easy. So if you thought it was going to be easy, you thought wrong.

The most important thing is to ensure that you stay afloat. Don't stop reading. Don't stop attending your classes. Don't stop learning.

Mosttimes, brilliancy is not all you need to get you through the University. I have come to learn that hardwork is equally important.
A hardworking average student has a higher chance of performing better than an unserious brilliant student.

You get my drift now?
So just put in more effort. You are going to be fine in the end.
Your course is a fine course, let that motivate you.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Really Studying The Wrong Course? by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 16, 2015
jeremyah:
you jus spoke my mind. But i didn't say i entirely hate engineering per say.jus that my poor performance has instilled dis fear n it's weighing me down plus i also have other courses i envy outside engineering.
§
for the records my parents did not choose the course for me.i did
Maybe you should have gone for the course you like....

Anyway, like the poster above said, stick with the course.
You're graduating next year.
Just put in more effort.
Engineering courses require more effort than usual.
Good luck.
Re: Am I Really Studying The Wrong Course? by jeremyah(m): 10:14am On Sep 16, 2015
Karmanaut:

Maybe you should have gone for the course you like....

Anyway, like the poster above said, stick with the course.
You're graduating next year.
Just put in more effort.
Engineering courses require more effort than usual.
Good luck.
that will be my next approach. Am grateful to u all for showing concern

(1) (Reply)

UNAB 2015/2016 UTME And Admission Process / Hi / Obafemi Awolowo University 2015/2016 Sandwich Programme, Supplementary Form, ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.