Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,761 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? (26734 Views)

10 Costly Mistakes University Students Make In Their First Year / First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. / How To Identify First Year Students (Hilarious Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by universityfailu(m): 8:06am On May 10, 2016
[b]Hi all, my name is universityfailure, am a popular nairalander here but decided to create a new acct for this as I cannot face d shame.

Am a student of FUTMINNA 100Lvl mathematics dept, I was formerly in fedPOLYBIDA but left there as soon as I got uni admission.

After my 1st semester exam, i check my result; 5F, 2E and 1D.
I calculated my GP to see 0.7
Am so confused, i was a really intelligent secondary sch, my JAMB was okay, NECO nd WAEC 5A nd 7A's respectively.

My father would be so ashamed of me if i told him.
I messedup in poly nd now messingup in uni.
Am i haunted or what?

Am tired, shud i drop out of school?

Am 18yrs nd my future looks blunt.
sad

If i cant secure a 1.5CGPA, I'd be pursued from d uni.
Though d result of my set was mostly bad (GP's lower than 1.0) but thats no excuse for me.
I understand am not reading very hard but i sometimes lack motivation to read! sad

I just want to graduate and get a comfortable job even if i teach in sec schools, am okay. I need to at least get 2nd class lower.

Help me with advice pls cry

Mods help me with FP, so nairalanders can help with advice. [/b]

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by talk2alabama: 8:09am On May 10, 2016
Don't u think u frequenting nairaland is d cause for your misfortune? Who popularity for nairaland don help eh?

Look u need to avoid social media at all cost if u ever wish to succeed in your studies. Just avoid it like ebola.. ur gp will increase, simple

174 Likes 7 Shares

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Nobody: 8:13am On May 10, 2016
I really want to hear what ple av to say abt dis. Bt i tink yhur low expectation is part of d reason for failure, try nd aspire higher.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by princy80(m): 8:26am On May 10, 2016
"am 18 yes nd my future looks blunt"... bro never say this again! I know how many people in universities dat are over 30 n are still trying to create a bright future for themselves and u r only 18.

there is much hope for you to have a CGPA of above 1.5 after ur first semester exams. all u need to do is study seriously.

for ur lack of motivation in studies I must say something; u lack a winning spirit n ur ambition is too low which will not help u in life. u nid to change dat mentality. if not for anything study because of ur parents. study to make them proud of u. study because u don't want to drop out of school. study because u want to educated.

lastly I think u r setting a low target for urself. " I just want to graduate and get a comfortable job even
if i teach in sec schools, am okay. I need to at least
get 2nd class lower". set a higher ambition for urself bro, believe in yourself. giving up isn't an option, u must make it. u are not worthless and u can never be worthless!

be serious with ur studies bro, it might seem impossible but target a GP of 4.0 when studying n u'll b alright.

SOCIAL MEDIA ISN'T YOUR PROBLEM, UR MENTALITY IS.
have a nice day.

130 Likes 14 Shares

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by darkenkach(m): 8:33am On May 10, 2016
It's obvious your aren't good with mathematics, You still have time bro, with 5f in your first year, an extra year is sure for you and you aren't sure if you will be passing the remaining courses. Why not start afresh. And stay away from Niaraland it's a killer of destiny.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by universityfailu(m): 8:49am On May 10, 2016
princy80:
"am 18 yes nd my future looks blunt"... bro never say this again! I know how many people in universities dat are over 30 n are still trying to create a bright future for themselves and u r only 18.

there is much hope for you to have a CGPA of above 1.5 after ur first semester exams. all u need to do is study seriously.

for ur lack of motivation in studies I must say something; u lack a winning spirit n ur ambition is too low which will not help u in life. u nid to change dat mentality. if not for anything study because of ur parents. study to make them proud of u. study because u don't want to drop out of school. study because u want to educated.

lastly I think u r setting a low target for urself. " I just want to graduate and get a comfortable job even
get 2nd class lower". set a higher ambition for urself bro, believe in yourself. giving up isn't an option, u must make it. u are not worthless and u can never be worthless!

be serious with ur studies bro, it might seem impossible but target a GP of 4.0 when studying n u'll b alright.

have a nice day.
thanks sir

1 Like

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by universityfailu(m): 8:50am On May 10, 2016
darkenkach:
It's obvious your aren't good with mathematics, You still have time bro, with 5f in your first year, an extra year is sure for you and you aren't sure if you will be passing the remaining courses. Why not start afresh. And stay away from Niaraland it's a killer of destiny.
thanks

1 Like

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Nobody: 9:08am On May 10, 2016
No you are not ...mine was 1. __ after 100level (i failed 6 courses out of 8 in my 1st semester )but I made it to 2.1(all i wanted was 4.0 ....so change that ur mindset because u might end up not getting the 2nd class lower )at graduation ...you need to sit up ,be determined ,those courses aren't difficult ,u just need to devote more time to your studies,avoid distractions as much as you can , there is plenty time for that when u graduate ..

SIT UP

ALL THE BEST

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by universityfailu(m): 9:09am On May 10, 2016
Sempumping:
No you are not ...mine was 1.1 after 100level but I made it to 3.58 at graduation ...you need to sit up ,be determined ,those courses aren't difficult ,u just need to devote more time to it studies. ..

ALL THE BEST
encouraging, thanks maam

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by xender(m): 9:14am On May 10, 2016
some people will come and blame social media now... but bro na your thinking o ..3rd to comment have said it all..

2 Likes

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by robsisi(f): 10:34am On May 10, 2016
Nobody is useless, You can be used as a bad example too

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Tonnierichy(m): 10:34am On May 10, 2016
No. Keep it up

1 Like

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by AdemolaA2: 10:34am On May 10, 2016
Ff
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by jstbeinhonest(m): 10:35am On May 10, 2016
You are failing,but you are not a failure.Reduce your visit to Nl and all non educational websites,Pray more and read more.

3 Likes

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Peacetemi: 10:35am On May 10, 2016
Having 7 A's means nothing if you cheated your way into it. You've been like this since high school, you just never noticed cause you were cheating. Now you have a taste of what reality is, so just face it. And you did mention that you just wanna graduate with a 2nd class lower and work as a sec sch teacher. That is very bad Sir, very bad. Your reason for being in sch should not be just to graduate and get a job, if you think that way you'll find reading very difficult. Scientists claim that when we read we exert more energy than bricklayers, just imagine that. It is not easy to read, so if you want to be motivated your reason for being in school should be for the purpose of gaining knowledge. DONT READ TO PASS, READ TO GAIN KNOWLEDGE. When you read because you want to gain knowledge, you'll find it easy and very soon you'll get used to it.The world is getting tougher, you need as much knowledge as you can get. DONT GIVE UP SIR, ITS NOT AN OPTION. GOODLUCK!!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by AdemolaA2: 10:35am On May 10, 2016
.. sit back ... relax .... identify your weakness I. e. Your problem ... make friends with those smart guys in your class if need be... spend more time on studying and believe in yourself.. attend group studies ... Pray more ..., do less of social media gossips and all.. Instead , make more use of Google search, Google scholar and so on....

Finally ... challenge yourself by proving yourself worthy and intelligent ...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by christejames(m): 10:35am On May 10, 2016
Bro, don't succumb to the pressure of life, don't ever view yourself as worthless. You can still make it big out of that department...

This your initial poor grade should just be a propeller to attain higher grade for you in future.

Most nairalanders have already given you invaluable advice which I believe would go a long way if you adhere to...

Like the '3 Idiots' would always say no matter the condition, ALL IS WELL!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by jrupa(m): 10:35am On May 10, 2016
Not really sha at least you worth something nao
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Olukokosir(m): 10:35am On May 10, 2016
Bros...change skool

1 Like

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by dammytosh: 10:35am On May 10, 2016
Wake up and quit Nairaland.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by ShitHead(m): 10:36am On May 10, 2016
Don't worry bro...you are not just worthless. You are simply useless.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by chubbyG(m): 10:36am On May 10, 2016
universityfailu:
[b]Hi all, my name is universityfailure, am a popular nairalander here but decided to create a new acct for this as I cannot face d shame.

Am a student of FUTMINNA 100Lvl mathematics dept, I was formerly in fedPOLYBIDA but left there as soon as I got uni admission.

After my 1st semester exam, i check my result; 5F, 2E and 1D.
I calculated my GP to see 0.7
Am so confused, i was a really intelligent secondary sch, my JAMB was okay, NECO nd WAEC 5A nd 7A's respectively.

My father would be so ashamed of me if i told him.
I messedup in poly nd now messingup in uni.
Am i haunted or what?

Am tired, shud i drop out of school?

Am 18yrs nd my future looks blunt.
sad

If i cant secure a 1.5CGPA, I'd be pursued from d uni.
Though d result of my set was mostly bad (GP's lower than 1.0) but thats no excuse for me.
I understand am not reading very hard but i sometimes lack motivation to read! sad

I just want to graduate and get a comfortable job even if i teach in sec schools, am okay. I need to at least get 2nd class lower.

Help me with advice pls cry

Mods help me with FP, so nairalanders can help with advice. [/b]

which course are you studying

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Omotayor123(f): 10:36am On May 10, 2016
OP it seems you are the cause of your failure! But Giving up is Never an Option. When you Fall, You should Rise.
Try to Focus more on your studies than on any other thing. Remember your family will only be proud of you if you emerge in flying colors!

Tips :
Attend Tutorials

Move with the best students in your class no matter how small/low they are in status or otherwise

Attend class regularly

Do your assignment yourself, if you are not clear about it ask questions. NEVER opt for copy and paste

Ask questions from your lecturers or fellow colleague

Prepare well for exams by joining a Study group.

Think positive and drop all Negativity

Above all : Pray to God the Alpha and Omega for Wisdom, Knowledge, understanding and guidance.

I pray God help you.

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by jtjohn(m): 10:36am On May 10, 2016
bro u can still make it if u are determined, I and my friend had a similar case in 100L.....All u need to do is to study very hard, more of A, B C, and less of D and E........
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Millz404(m): 10:37am On May 10, 2016
Study hard and most importantly make friends with people that will motivate you towards success.... Leave all those ur agbero friends

1 Like

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by EddyNumerouno(m): 10:37am On May 10, 2016
Not everyone can be successful in school, but then;
Did you give adequate attention to your academics?

Does your course interest you?

Did being a popular Nairalander contribute to your poor grade?

However you can buy a jamb form and start again because a certificate of attendance is most likely where you're headed
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Woged2005(f): 10:37am On May 10, 2016
You are not worthless dear, but you might wanna stay away from social media (FB, Whatsapp, Twitter, blogs, etc), as well as too many extra-curricular activities, including parties, lengthy Sunday services, fellowships and concentrate on your studies.

Most people had poor GPA in first semester yr1 including me and bounced back later. but you have to find out what's distracting your attention and deal with it. The only way to make good GPA's is to study. Sit your assz down and study. remember you have to hit almost 3points now n 2nd semester to stay in school. it requires a lot of concentration. Go and befriend smart students in each course you are taking and make them study mates. steady 4 hrs study every day for the next 3 months, will get you there.
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by yemajiteru(m): 10:37am On May 10, 2016
Bros jst try put more effort for this second semester wey we dy.... . U still gt plenty hope....

Futminna no b by jacking alone... .. #luck #faith #prayer... .. Everything dy attached.. ...

Bt Bros, note say if u no put more effort this semester, u don comot for futminna b dt oooo

Proudly #futmite

1 Like

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by MemphisDepay(m): 10:37am On May 10, 2016
Have you heard of a guy called Jamie Vardy? Google about him. Hopefully you'd derive inspiration from this Man. Thank me lara. BTW, I hope LVG starts me tonight.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by dotna(m): 10:37am On May 10, 2016
princy80:

have a nice day.

Beautiful and motivational

1 Like

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Nobody: 10:37am On May 10, 2016
Buckle up. Face your books.
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Berrylite: 10:38am On May 10, 2016
Lolz....

Your lack of motivation to reading is my point of concern. I will advice you to go and re-write jamb and choose lesser course to study. Mathematics Dept is no beans menhh

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

JAMB 2018 Forms & Registration Deadline Is Here! / Degree For Sale: Sting Operation Exposes LASU Certificate Racketeering / I Hate Reading — Oyindamola Badejo, Bells University Best Graduating Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.