Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,739 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Remitted N973Million:Goodluck Jonathan, NOT President Buhari Recovered The Money - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Remitted N973Million:Goodluck Jonathan, NOT President Buhari Recovered The Money (23529 Views)

FLASHBACK: Sanusi Doesn't Know How Oil Revenues Are Remitted - Andrew Yakubu / Aisha Buhari In Jefferson Bribery Scandal Not President Buhari’s Wife — Ex-efcc / 'if There’s No Electricity, It’s Not President Buhari’s Fault' - Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remitted N973Million:Goodluck Jonathan, NOT President Buhari Recovered The Money by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:03pm On Sep 15, 2015
The said amount was recovered in February 2015 by the ICPC under Dr Jonathan's administration. They also arrested 4 suspects.
Feb 15, 2015 Report
Anti graft agencies in the country are currently dealing with a case of monumental fraud in the Ministry of Environment involving alleged unauthorised transfer of N924.98 million from the ministry’s account with First City Monument Bank (FCMB) to the accounts of some organisations in four banks.

To this effect, the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) said it has taken into custody four suspects involved in the fraud.

This is coming barely one week after President Goodluck Jonathan had insisted that cases of theft should be treated seriously as stealing and not corruption, and against criticisms that his government was not doing enough to tackle corruption.

One of the key suspects in the alleged looting of the ministry’s funds, Mr Adeolu Adeyanju, a Chief Executive Officer of Detwinx Global Services Ltd whose company allegedly received the sum of N465,193,460.05 in its account with Zenith Bank was said to have been arrested by ICPC.

The other three suspects were arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and handed over to the ICPC, following an existing collaboration between the two agencies.

Adeolu Adeyanju who is said to have fled to a neighbouring country when the fraud was uncovered before he was arrested by ICPC after a manhunt, allegedly withdrew the said money on the same day the money was transferred from the FCMB account.

The three other suspects are Usman Omoh Sani who is the brother to a key suspect named Murphy Sani and now at large; Raphael Orim, managing director of De-Ormat Furniture and Abubakar Mamman Mutari of Afazuwa Ventures (Bureau De Change).

According to ICPC, they were all associated with the illegally transferred money or played a role in the withdrawals therefrom.

ICPC’s spokesman, Mr Folu Olamiti noted in a statement yesterday that the case was reported to the Commission by the Ministry of Environment via a letter dated 1st December, 2014.

He said following this, the commission commenced investigation by immediately freezing the affected bank accounts and inviting, arresting and interrogating several staff of the banks and officials of the ministry.

Olamiti noted that a similar report had also been made by the ministry’s bank to the EFCC which later transferred the case file to the ICPC.

Details released by the ICPC showed how the money was allegedly distributed to the organisations through the four banks namely: Access Bank: De- Ormart Furniture Company Ltd- N143,562,532.50; First Bank: Felitex Global Enterprises Ltd- N39,051,359.00 and Afazuwa Ventures- N43,182,404.00; Zenith Bank: Detwinx Global Services Ltd -N468,794,613.79 and Alozen Pharmacy Nig. Ltd-N1,397,899,494.00; and UBA: Federal Board of Inland Revenue- N92,499,553.60

Olamiti added that the ICPC has so far blocked the sum of N459,789,456.76 in most of the banks they were transferred to.

He said, “This includes the sum of N92,490,553.60 transferred to UBA purportedly as tax remittance in an account designated as Federal Board of Inland Revenue Account and which has been returned to FCMB as the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) denied operating such an account in UBA.

“The sum of N358,695,789.50 has been mopped up and transferred to the ICPC’s Recovery Account to prevent any further diversions while investigation is still ongoing”.

Meanwhile, the ICPC has declared Mr Murphy Sani (alias Murphy Ozi Opene) wanted and has requested anyone with useful information to contact the nearest ICPC, EFCC office or Police station.
http://leadership.ng/news/411869/4-arrested-over-n1bn-fraud-in-environment-ministry

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Remitted N973Million:Goodluck Jonathan, NOT President Buhari Recovered The Money by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:04pm On Sep 15, 2015
Having recovered the money, the House of Representatives in April 2015 praised the ICPC and the Whistle Blower and Directed that the money be returned to the Ministry of Environment.
April 24, 2015 Report..
THE House of Representatives has directed the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) to within seven days, return the N924 million recovered by the agency to the Ministry of Environment.

The N924,989,776.96 million meant for Great Green Wall project was subject of a fraudulent transfer, which led to the anti-graft agency keeping it in a special recovery account.

Chairman, House Committee on Environment, Uche Ekwunife, while commending the agency for a good job however reminded the ICPC that the money was meant for a project for the benefit of Nigerians and should therefore not be kept in perpetuity by the agency having been recovered by the authorities.

Fielding questions when she appeared before the committee yesterday, the Permanent Secretary of the Federal Ministry of Environment, Nana Fatima Mede, told the committee how the N924,989,776.96 million was fraudulently transferred from the Great Green Wall project account being kept by First City Monument Bank (FCMB).

According to her, the bank alerted her of the illegal transfer on November 28 2014 and she immediately contacted officials of the anti-graft agency.

The intervention of the ICPC, according to her, led to the stoppage of the fraudulent transfer out of which N400 million could not be transferred by the scammers.

The Chairman, ICPC, Ekpo Nta, said the Commission swung into action after the agency was contacted, a development which led to the recovery of the entire money.

He also disclosed that the major suspect behind the scam, Adeolu Adeyanju, the Chief Executive Officer of Detwinx Global Services Limited, who fled the country after the discovery was later apprehended when he recently sneaked into the country.

He said though investigation into the matter was still continuing because the agency was interested in how the operation was successfully carried out, Adeyanju and some bank workers have been charged to court.

The committee chairman, Ekwunife, commended the permanent secretary for her timely response and the efficiency of the ICPC operatives.
She, however, said everyone involved in the scam must be prosecuted, adding, “We want punishment for all those indicted, including bank workers, civil servants and everyone involved. We cannot continue to condone this kind of attitude in our banks.”
www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/04/reps-panel-directs-icpc-to-return-recovered-n925m-to-environment-ministry/

49 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Remitted N973Million:Goodluck Jonathan, NOT President Buhari Recovered The Money by Janeyy: 5:04pm On Sep 15, 2015
HMJMM I DEY HERE
Re: Remitted N973Million:Goodluck Jonathan, NOT President Buhari Recovered The Money by doublewisdom: 5:08pm On Sep 15, 2015
Another APC lie 'bursted'.

147 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Remitted N973Million:Goodluck Jonathan, NOT President Buhari Recovered The Money by Imortal001: 5:08pm On Sep 15, 2015
Am tired of all this jonathan sympathisers!

123 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Remitted N973Million:Goodluck Jonathan, NOT President Buhari Recovered The Money by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 15, 2015
My only concern is on the truth and the impact of these lies on the Nigerian psyche. There are some who will tell you that the current government has done what the past could not do and Nigeria is changing for the good.

But then when you look around you still see the same things you saw yesterday. The same statistical change in the past regime, which had no impact on the masses, is also the same change (in this case yet to be evident), being hailed as what the masses want.

Lies everywhere. Propaganda going deep in the heart of man to root a tree of hatred. And the past regime is the worst in the history of the country. Really? Then you wonder where the other criminals come from. I don't think we will ever find peace in this country with all these.

98 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Remitted N973Million:Goodluck Jonathan, NOT President Buhari Recovered The Money by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:10pm On Sep 15, 2015
It is worthy to note that the said mouney has been in the custody with the ICPC. Buhari has no role here. He played no role.

Let me also inform readers that since coming to power Buhari is yet to recover N1 of stolen funds. We shall always check-mate their propaganda and cut short the bid of Buhari and APC to steal GEJ's glory.

God Bless Us All

149 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Remitted N973Million:Goodluck Jonathan, NOT President Buhari Recovered The Money by erunz(m): 5:10pm On Sep 15, 2015
APC TAKING CREDIT FOR GEJ's ACHIEVEMENT IS MAY 29. WE WILL CONTINUE TO BURST ALL THEIR LIES AND PROPAGANDA

93 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Remitted N973Million:Goodluck Jonathan, NOT President Buhari Recovered The Money by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 15, 2015
Thanks for the information. And to show how mischievous the broom wielding sycophants are, no mention was made of February event in the latest report.

4 months gone, no cabinet in place, no policy, no initiative, no project, no direction and no achievement. But always trying to steal credit for work done by the last administration. I thought they say stealing is now corruption?

101 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Remitted N973Million:Goodluck Jonathan, NOT President Buhari Recovered The Money by dulaman: 5:11pm On Sep 15, 2015
First the money was stolen during GEJ regime.
2nd. The money was recoved in February, and we are in Sept, before handover we have feb, march,april,may and was still not return to the coffers? Na When Baba enter.?
Bros that is the BODY LANGUAGE we are talking about.

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Remitted N973Million:Goodluck Jonathan, NOT President Buhari Recovered The Money by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:14pm On Sep 15, 2015
Sincere9gerian:
Thanks for the information. And to show how mischievous the broom wielding sycophants are, no mention was made of February event in that report
When I saw the report, my first comment was 'Vanguard reported half information'. Ideally, they were supposed to reference the genesis instead of making it look like Mr Body Language did it.

God Bless You

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Remitted N973Million:Goodluck Jonathan, NOT President Buhari Recovered The Money by MabraO: 5:14pm On Sep 15, 2015

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remitted N973Million:Goodluck Jonathan, NOT President Buhari Recovered The Money by 5starmilitant: 5:14pm On Sep 15, 2015
Imortal001:
Am tired of all this jonathan sympatisers!

Mastubater spotted. cool

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Remitted N973Million:Goodluck Jonathan, NOT President Buhari Recovered The Money by modath(f): 5:15pm On Sep 15, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
The said amount was recovered in February 2015 by the ICPC under Dr Jonathan's administration. They also arrested 4 suspects.
Feb 15, 2015 Report
http://leadership.ng/news/411869/4-arrested-over-n1bn-fraud-in-environment-ministry

Recovered & was kept in the cooler for future embezzlement abi?

TonyeBarcanista:
Having recovered the money, the House of Representatives in April 2015 praised the ICPC and the Whistle Blower and Directed that the money be returned to the Ministry of Environment.
April 24, 2015 Report..
www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/04/reps-panel-directs-icpc-to-return-recovered-n925m-to-environment-ministry/

Like the Farouk Lawan oil subsidy probe i guess?

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Remitted N973Million:Goodluck Jonathan, NOT President Buhari Recovered The Money by OnReflection: 5:15pm On Sep 15, 2015
Funny @OP!

You figured all this out on your own? cheesy Or did you get a little help along the way, which you refused to acknowledge?

Anyway, question begging for answers: why did it take a change of regime for the ICPC to do the right thing?
Could it be inferred that stealing morphed into corruption, after your principal got booted out of office? tongue

We all recall how so many of these cases were buried into the deep recesses of indifference, not so long ago.

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Remitted N973Million:Goodluck Jonathan, NOT President Buhari Recovered The Money by anulaxad(m): 5:15pm On Sep 15, 2015
I have one question for you mr. Barcanista what happened to the two billion naira that was borrowed on the commands of Goodluck Jonathan (according to the NGO) from the treasury ?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remitted N973Million:Goodluck Jonathan, NOT President Buhari Recovered The Money by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:16pm On Sep 15, 2015
Truckpusher Rozayx5 bomsilaga exxel erunz dunsman Nigerianvenom Phockphockman, nwadiuko1, ibokUtoroh, Koded, Ecoterrors, iPrinz20 Aprokoman, Ochejoseph, Dearpreye, Firefire, Francizy, Temitemi1, Hinwazaka Ecoterrors, Dumkem21 Biafranqueen, Mogidi, Mizmycoli, IsraeliAirforce, Candyrain, Ambivert, Rose2014, Provacateur, Opiaoku, NDPVF, Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi, ahaika23, coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93 DebateNigeria and all patriots

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remitted N973Million:Goodluck Jonathan, NOT President Buhari Recovered The Money by OZAOEKPE(f): 5:16pm On Sep 15, 2015
"God, I want to thank you for the gift of tonyebarcanist. May you reap what you are sowing come 2019, Amin". Quote me anywhere.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Remitted N973Million:Goodluck Jonathan, NOT President Buhari Recovered The Money by modath(f): 5:16pm On Sep 15, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

It is worthy to note that the said money has been in the custody with the ICPC. Buhari has no role here. He played no role.

Let me also inform readers that since coming to power Buhari is yet to recover N1 of stolen funds. We shall always check-mate their propaganda and cut short the bid of Buhari and APC to steal GEJ's glory.

God Bless Us All

Seems you don't do an introspection before coming up with the inanities you posit for the kids you do them for, kindly take time to think deep before posting...

Let me make it easy for you to understand, if DPO A is in charge of a police station when my stolen laptop was recovered from bandits & it wasn't released to me during his tenure , & DPO B, ensures i get my property back, DPO B got the job done & therefore deserves ALL THE PRAISE & ACCOLADES ....

& why did it take a change of body language wink, to get the needful done.?

72 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Remitted N973Million:Goodluck Jonathan, NOT President Buhari Recovered The Money by baralatie(m): 5:17pm On Sep 15, 2015
doublewisdom:
Another APC lie 'bursted'.

20 Likes

Re: Remitted N973Million:Goodluck Jonathan, NOT President Buhari Recovered The Money by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:18pm On Sep 15, 2015
I was actually working on the FIRST article when I saw your mention with VALUABLE infor for the second. I had to merge them. Though I'd still have figured it out.

Thanks
OnReflection:
Funny @OP!

You figured all this out on your own? cheesy Or did you get a little help along the way, which you refused to acknowledge?

Anyway, question begging for answers: why did it take a change of regime for the ICPC to do the right thing?
Could it be inferred that stealing simply became corruption after your principal got booted out of office? tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Remitted N973Million:Goodluck Jonathan, NOT President Buhari Recovered The Money by jumper524(m): 5:19pm On Sep 15, 2015
Re: Remitted N973Million:Goodluck Jonathan, NOT President Buhari Recovered The Money by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:21pm On Sep 15, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"God, I want to thank you for the gift of tonyebarcanist. May you reap what you are sowing come 2019, Amin". Quote me anywhere.
Ameeeeeeeen and You too!

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Remitted N973Million:Goodluck Jonathan, NOT President Buhari Recovered The Money by uniklinkum(m): 5:23pm On Sep 15, 2015
This shameless scumwarts again with his bag load of gibberish. This guy need a toy, your life must be awkwardly boring.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remitted N973Million:Goodluck Jonathan, NOT President Buhari Recovered The Money by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:25pm On Sep 15, 2015
What are you saying? Money was recovered by ICPC, offenders arrested and the money kept. Don't you know that Police, ICPC, EFCC don't return moneies immediately after recovery? The most important is that the money was RECOVERED under GEJ, Kept by ICPC and they were asked to hand it over to Environmental Ministry by the Reps under GEJ.

10000000% credit goes to GEJ administration. Buhari is yet to recover N1 of stolen funds.
OnReflection:
Funny @OP!

Could it be inferred that stealing morphed into corruption, after your principal got booted out of office? tongue

We all recall how so many of these cases were buried into the deep recesses of indifference, not so long ago.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Remitted N973Million:Goodluck Jonathan, NOT President Buhari Recovered The Money by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:27pm On Sep 15, 2015
Lalasticlala pls Sir, do the needful for a wider reach.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Remitted N973Million:Goodluck Jonathan, NOT President Buhari Recovered The Money by OnReflection: 5:27pm On Sep 15, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
I was actually working on the FIRST article when I saw your mention with VALUABLE infor for the second. I had to merge them. Though I'd still have figured it out.
Thanks

My Analyst, why did the ICPC kick this one into the long grass for 8 whole months?
Do you not think there were subterranean moves to suppress the case, given Jonathan's insouciance to corruption?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remitted N973Million:Goodluck Jonathan, NOT President Buhari Recovered The Money by tucky200(m): 5:28pm On Sep 15, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Lalasticlala pls Sir, do the needful for a wider reach.
bros all d money recovered by efcc and icpc under jona's regime where are they today ?cos I remember clearly senate are accusing efcc boss of diverting 11trn

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Remitted N973Million:Goodluck Jonathan, NOT President Buhari Recovered The Money by PhockPhockMan: 5:29pm On Sep 15, 2015
Imortal001:
Am tired of all this jonathan sympatisers!
Simple put, you're tired of sincere people.

Op, ride on.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Remitted N973Million:Goodluck Jonathan, NOT President Buhari Recovered The Money by Tdarry: 5:32pm On Sep 15, 2015
You seem not to get the point, monies recovered by the last administration always ended up as either a pointless "record keeping" exercise or in pockets of government officials. It never get remitted to the federations account.
Recovered monies are now being remitted under Buhari and no matter how many old newspaper articles you dig up, the truth remains that GEJ's administration made trillions from crude oil sales and squandered it, and recovered trillions from looted funds of Abacha and others which never ended up in govt coffers

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Remitted N973Million:Goodluck Jonathan, NOT President Buhari Recovered The Money by OnReflection: 5:32pm On Sep 15, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
What are you saying? Money was recovered by ICPC, offenders arrested and the money kept. Don't you know that Police, ICPC, EFCC don't return moneies immediately after recovery? The most important is that the money was RECOVERED under GEJ, Kept by ICPC and they were asked to hand it over to Environmental Ministry by the Reps under GEJ.

10000000% credit goes to GEJ administration. Buhari is yet to recover N1 of stolen funds.

^^^LoL

To the emboldened portion of your post, I say: Jonathan's body language made it possible for both institutions to do as they wished, even as they failed to secure convictions in a lot of cases they investigated.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Remitted N973Million:Goodluck Jonathan, NOT President Buhari Recovered The Money by OnReflection: 5:33pm On Sep 15, 2015
tucky200:
bros all d money recovered by efcc and icpc under jona's regime where are they today ?cos I remember clearly senate are accusing efcc boss of diverting 11trn

What is your favourite poison bruv?
Mr Analyst must think we are all wet behind the ears.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kwara Assembly Speaker Dumps APC, Leads 23 Lawmakers To PDP / President Buhari Arrives Dubai For Annual Investment Meeting - Photos / Jonathan In London Clinic For Intestinal Problems - SaharaReporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.