Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,829 members, 7,828,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Mechanic Confusing Me!! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mechanic Confusing Me!! (4079 Views)

Is This The Most Confusing Road Sign? / See The Photo Confusing Nigerians On Social Media / Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mechanic Confusing Me!! by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 15, 2015
I got me a 2001 toyota camry v6 and my mechanic said why I go buy v6, he said he consume more fuel I said that's no problem, he now said v6 has problems...to be honest I love the smooth driving and I don't see any much fuel consumption. But the way he said this really scares me
Re: Mechanic Confusing Me!! by Marpol: 7:30pm On Sep 15, 2015
OriEyeLe:
I got me a 2001 toyota camry v6 and my mechanic said why I go buy v6, he said he consume more fuel I said that's no problem, he now said v6 has problems...to be honest I love the smooth driving and I don't see any much fuel consumption. But the way he said this really scares me

Don't go back to his workshop!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mechanic Confusing Me!! by achinaboy(m): 7:32pm On Sep 15, 2015
just enjoy your car, my sis got one,and it's moving like bbomb, just make sure you fuel it before it enters reserve or red,,if the engine gives you problems, you take it out and put 4cylinder, but before that would happen,you might have finish enjoying the car to the last,

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Confusing Me!! by Marpol: 7:35pm On Sep 15, 2015
achinaboy:
just enjoy your car, my sis got one,and it's moving like bbomb, just make sure you fuel it before it enters reserve or red,,if the engine gives you problems, you take it out and put 4cylinder, but before that would happen,you might have finish enjoying the car to the last,

You are worse than the mechanic! Why would you convert a V6 to 4 cylinder?

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mechanic Confusing Me!! by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 15, 2015
Thanks I won't go to his workshop again of course, is toyota camry 2001 V6 engine cost more than its v4? Instead of changing to v4, could get another v6. I got this car on Sunday and no dream of going to v4 again.

3 Likes

Re: Mechanic Confusing Me!! by achinaboy(m): 7:39pm On Sep 15, 2015
Marpol:

You are worse than the mechanic! Why would you convert a V6 to 4 cylinder?

well I said if if if the engine gives him problem, you can always take it out and put 4cylinder engine, is never a problem am into cars 4more than 20years, I think I know this one
Re: Mechanic Confusing Me!! by Promxy94(m): 8:07pm On Sep 15, 2015
For sedan cars especially camry crystal light or pencil light,most people prefer the normal four plugs camry engine to the V6......
Re: Mechanic Confusing Me!! by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 15, 2015
Reason for that please,what I hate most is when car break down on high way

Promxy94:
For sedan cars especially camry crystal light or pencil light,most people prefer the normal four plugs camry engine to the V6......
Re: Mechanic Confusing Me!! by abatically(m): 8:52pm On Sep 15, 2015
achinaboy:

How about changing to another v6. I mean why buy a v6 in the first place when u are going to change the engine to i4.

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Confusing Me!! by Marpol: 9:22pm On Sep 15, 2015
achinaboy:

well I said if if if the engine gives him problem, you can always take it out and put 4cylinder engine, is never a problem am into cars 4more than 20years, I think I know this one

You don't bro.

2 Likes

Re: Mechanic Confusing Me!! by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:13pm On Sep 15, 2015
OriEyeLe:

its your choice not his, you didnt complain fuel consumption to him
Re: Mechanic Confusing Me!! by kingreign(m): 10:55pm On Sep 15, 2015
Marpol:

You don't bro.
Correct reply sir.

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Confusing Me!! by Nobody: 3:38am On Sep 16, 2015
Sirs, you still never talk about engine issues please, the fuel consumption still the same With my 1996 Honda accord with no AC sef. Infact I don't really care about fuel so far I don't use extra half of what the v4 is consuming, my question is on engine issues. And please don't misled me, this is my first V6 ride, I have used 1996 Honda accord and 2001 corolla, I had to sell the corolla simply because the engine vibrates whenever in top speed like 130 or 140 on the odometer, same reason I sold the accord v4, I never use 2001 camry v4, I knew I won't get any better fuel consumption better than the corolla but did I made a wrong choice? The dealer maybe see me as a big boy sad , he told me to use the ride 4 a week of which I'm enjoying with the option that if I don't like it, he would get me a tiny light v4. This car is v6 envelope light, The dealer is like a brother to me tho But I trust no one so far money is involve, please I can do and undo 4 a week. I like the ride but I'm more concerned about the engine issues pls, I wud appreciate every opinion , ko rorun to buy car 4 naija o, ko easy to maintain it sef.
Re: Mechanic Confusing Me!! by mayor2013: 3:51am On Sep 16, 2015
OriEyeLe:
Sirs, you still never talk about engine issues please, the fuel consumption still the same With my 1996 Honda accord with no AC sef. Infact I don't really care about fuel so far I don't use extra half of what the v4 is consuming, my question is on engine issues. And please don't misled me, this is my first V6 ride, I have used 1996 Honda accord and 2001 corolla, I had to sell the corolla simply because the engine vibrates whenever in top speed like 130 or 140 on the odometer, same reason I sold the accord v4, I never use 2001 camry v4, I knew I won't get any better fuel consumption better than the corolla but did I made a wrong choice? The dealer maybe see me as a big boy sad , he told me to use the ride 4 a week of which I'm enjoying with the option that if I don't like it, he would get me a tiny light v4. This car is v6 envelope light, The dealer is like a brother to me tho But I trust no one so far money is involve, please I can do and undo 4 a week. I like the ride but I'm more concerned about the engine issues pls, I wud appreciate every opinion , ko rorun to buy car 4 naija o, ko easy to maintain it sef.

Just do your routine maintenance regularly and you are gud to go
Re: Mechanic Confusing Me!! by Nobody: 4:37am On Sep 16, 2015
mayor2013:

Just do your routine maintenance regularly and you are gud to go

How many months sud I be changing the oil? A friend is using a toyota camry 2008 v6, 10k. 4 his engine oil and 5k for his gear oil and he changes it every 5 or 6 months, depends on how he travel sha, one of the people advised me to go 4 v6 too, can't just understand why mechanics are condemning v6.
Re: Mechanic Confusing Me!! by Marpol: 5:53am On Sep 16, 2015
OriEyeLe:

How many months sud I be changing the oil? A friend is using a toyota camry 2008 v6, 10k. 4 his engine oil and 5k for his gear oil and he changes it every 5 or 6 months, depends on how he travel sha, one of the people advised me to go 4 v6 too, can't just understand why mechanics are condemning v6.

Use the recommended engine/transmission oil by the manufacturer.
Re: Mechanic Confusing Me!! by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:20am On Sep 16, 2015
OriEyeLe:

Iv owned both vehicles.

The V6 is really pleasurable to drive on the highways, a real Monster, engine is really solid and hardly gets bad.

The I4 is also good, but being an I4 not really a sprinter.

I sold the V6 and bought the I4 because I had no check engine light on but was getting 330-380km on a ful tank of 70liters!

Not very pocket friendly if you calculate what you spend on fuel per month. And per year (very important) I have a heavy foot, and in town I spent more than my budget on petrol.

The I4 was easier to maintain in the log run because

1. I spent less on engine oil at each service 4liter gallon as against the 4.7-4.8liter for the V6
2. Fewer suspension problems in the front wheels ( the V6 is heavy and prone to more suspension problems in front)

3. Spent less on parts and easier access to most components(6 cylinders, 6 spark plugs, coils, injectors)

Personally if I was always on the highway the v6 would be my option, but if you live in traffic prone cities it's just a waste of money and you don't even get to flex the muscle under the hood so what was the point?

4 Likes

Re: Mechanic Confusing Me!! by ukata16(m): 10:03am On Sep 16, 2015
@Gazzuzz a Honda Accord 98 i4 with 64 litre tank, what mileage (km) should expect on the average?

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Confusing Me!! by Exponental(m): 10:53am On Sep 16, 2015
if you are always on the highway and you ain't a slow driver, you will love it. it only consumes a little more fuel in traffic prone areas. Enjoy it, don't get discouraged.
speed kills and speed saves. drive wisely!
Re: Mechanic Confusing Me!! by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:28pm On Sep 16, 2015
Exponental:
if you are always on the highway and you ain't a slow driver, you will love it. it only consumes a little more fuel in traffic prone areas. Enjoy it, don't get discouraged.
speed kills and speed saves . drive wisely!

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Confusing Me!! by Nobody: 10:54pm On Sep 19, 2015
I am really enjoying the car now but my mechanic and his friends seem not to be okay with v6, the car has mileage of 139 and it was bought in tokunbo last year. I got one unknown good mechanic to test drive me and he said the engine is okay.i even boarded a micra cab in Ib today and I asked the driver wch he prefer, he said V6 is more powerful and good to drive, he said if v6 is going u Wud hardly hear noise although he said that in local language. On my way coming back too, I asked another driver and he said the samething, even this one said it depends on how I match the acceleration. Both of them said this in yoruba sha. I have few questions and will never bother about mechanics talk again. 1. Is toyota camry 2001 v4 and v6 using different body parts? 2. Is v4 engine last longer than the v6? 3. Are v6 engines prone to issues even when servicing at the right time? 4. If at all the engine is faulty is v6 engine cost much more than v4?. NOTE: I don't use car because of resale value or fuel comsumption so far the fuel it is consuming is not another half of what v4 is consuming, so far, I think the fuel economy of the car in question is okay. I drove the car to edo state today from ibadan using 3500# fuel wt no AC, I noticed I reached there much faster if not for the traffic in some parts. I used to drove my 2001 corolla to the same edo state wt same 3500# fuel with no AC but I reached edo 30mins or more more wt no stress of matching the acceleration completely wt the v6 as I studied today. I believe that I can get better response online, so I am more concern about the engine issues. How often does v6 get problem? If the engine is faulty today, if I buy another one with adequate servicing, I can use the new engine for how many more years? Note that I'm am talking about toyota camry
Re: Mechanic Confusing Me!! by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:43pm On Sep 20, 2015
OriEyeLe:
I am really enjoying the car now but my mechanic and his friends seem not to be okay with v6, the car has mileage of 139 and it was bought in tokunbo last year. I got one unknown good mechanic to test drive me and he said the engine is okay.i even boarded a micra cab in Ib today and I asked the driver wch he prefer, he said V6 is more powerful and good to drive, he said if v6 is going u Wud hardly hear noise although he said that in local language. On my way coming back too, I asked another driver and he said the samething, even this one said it depends on how I match the acceleration. Both of them said this in yoruba sha. I have few questions and will never bother about mechanics talk again. 1. Is toyota camry 2001 v4 and v6 using different body parts? 2. Is v4 engine last longer than the v6? 3. Are v6 engines prone to issues even when servicing at the right time? 4. If at all the engine is faulty is v6 engine cost much more than v4?. NOTE: I don't use car because of resale value or fuel comsumption so far the fuel it is consuming is not another half of what v4 is consuming, so far, I think the fuel economy of the car in question is okay. I drove the car to edo state today from ibadan using 3500# fuel wt no AC, I noticed I reached there much faster if not for the traffic in some parts. I used to drove my 2001 corolla to the same edo state wt same 3500# fuel with no AC but I reached edo 30mins or more more wt no stress of matching the acceleration completely wt the v6 as I studied today. I believe that I can get better response online, so I am more concern about the engine issues. How often does v6 get problem? If the engine is faulty today, if I buy another one with adequate servicing, I can use the new engine for how many more years? Note that I'm am talking about toyota camry

Same body parts.

The V6 engine is cheaper.

Which would be more exhausted? 4 people pushing a car or 6 people pushing a car.

40liters from ibadan to edo (maybe benin?) your corrola must have had a problem grin
Re: Mechanic Confusing Me!! by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 20, 2015
Maybe but I don't notice it when I was using it really.

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Confusing Me!! by naijafury: 10:52pm On Sep 20, 2015
ukata16:
@Gazzuzz a Honda Accord 98 i4 with 64 litre tank, what mileage (km) should expect on the average?
Minna - Awka, that's what I get with mine. Very economic.
Re: Mechanic Confusing Me!! by 9icetoo(m): 11:28pm On Sep 20, 2015
naijafury:
Minna - Awka, that's what I get with mine. Very economic.
Minna- Awka does not do any justice to the question. He wants to have actual kilometers (highway i guess). To OP, buy the v6 if fuel economy isn't really what keeps you awake at night. Its quieter than the i4, will last longer if maintained properly and is cheaper to replace should there be need for that.
Re: Mechanic Confusing Me!! by Ikenna351(m): 11:09pm On Sep 21, 2015
OriEyeLe:

The poor remains poor because of how they think, what they think, what they do and how they do it. The moment you realize this and turn away from it, then you are free.

If someone that drives a motorcycle argues its better to drive a motorcycle than a car because motorcycle conserve or consume less fuel than car, then forever he remains in that condition, because that's his wish, his prayer. What you think, murmur, say out loud or shout while kneeling down and praying at night is not what creates your current and future experiences or reality, its how you perceive yourself, which makes you have certain beliefs and act towards those beliefs, such as self doubts and feeling of unworthiness that you really deserve good life. Affirmations are useless if you really feel that you are unworthy.

God has uplifted you to greatness by given you something to enjoy (more power and thrill). All you have to do is to embrace that prosperity manifesting and more to manifest. If you think and feel you can't fuel that V6 because the world is telling you that you don't deserve that good life, then you will continue to have experience that will continue to make you complain of not having enough. How much are we talking about in different between fueling that V6 than the I-4 counterpart engine that you are considering or already repelling prosperity? Because that's what you are doing, saying no to better life and wealth.

The poor remain poorer, while the rich continue to be rich because of attitude each group give to money and perceive themselves as: Worthy and unworthy perception of self. It's written, "Even the one given to you will be taken away and given to one that already has, if one doesn't use it or appreciate that given to him".

V6 engines and Inline-4 petrol engines are as reliable and durable as the other. Difference is , levels are not the same. The happiness you derive is enough to keep you in the frequency that will keep bringing more success , prosperity or wealth to remain in that happy state.

Since 2011 I got my first Lion V6, more Peugeot V6s have been added in my life, with many more in other good life still coming. I am prospering, not the other way round. That's what happens when you say "Yes" to your heart desires , embrace them and be grateful.

Don't worry about fueling. Money is a means, not an end. Trust me, if you follow your desire and stick to it, give it one month, you will be amazed on how more have entered within a short while. I acquired two V6s that same 2011, to tell you how powerful ones happiness can draw in more.

Don't get distracted with people's choices and decisions in life. Your happiness is your responsibility, don't give the world/people that power to decide it for you, because it will ruin your life.

Find another mechanic that appreciate V6 engines. There is more than enough to go round. Always remember that.

Ikenna, the Lion King.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mechanic Confusing Me!! by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 23, 2015
Thanks so much sir. I am happy for myseld. V6 Rocks cheesy angry

Ikenna351:

The poor remains poor because of how they think, what they think, what they do and how they do it. The moment you realize this and turn away from it, then you are free.

If someone that drives a motorcycle argues its better to drive a motorcycle than a car because motorcycle conserve or consume less fuel than car, then forever he remains in that condition, because that's his wish, his prayer. What you think, murmur, say out loud or shout while kneeling down and praying at night is not what creates your current and future experiences or reality, its how you perceive yourself, which makes you have certain beliefs and act towards those beliefs, such as self doubts and feeling of unworthiness that you really deserve good life. Affirmations are useless if you really feel that you are unworthy.

God has uplifted you to greatness by given you something to enjoy (more power and thrill). All you have to do is to embrace that prosperity manifesting and more to manifest. If you think and feel you can't fuel that V6 because the world is telling you that you don't deserve that good life, then you will continue to have experience that will continue to make you complain of not having enough. How much are we talking about in different between fueling that V6 than the I-4 counterpart engine that you are considering or already repelling prosperity? Because that's what you are doing, saying no to better life and wealth.

The poor remain poorer, while the rich continue to be rich because of attitude each group give to money and perceive themselves as: Worthy and unworthy perception of self. It's written, "Even the one given to you will be taken away and given to one that already has, if one doesn't use it or appreciate that given to him".

V6 engines and Inline-4 petrol engines are as reliable and durable as the other. Difference is , levels are not the same. The happiness you derive is enough to keep you in the frequency that will keep bringing more success , prosperity or wealth to remain in that happy state.

Since 2011 I got my first Lion V6, more Peugeot V6s have been added in my life, with many more in other good life still coming. I am prospering, not the other way round. That's what happens when you say "Yes" to your heart desires , embrace them and be grateful.

Don't worry about fueling. Money is a means, not an end. Trust me, if you follow your desire and stick to it, give it one month, you will be amazed on how more have entered within a short while. I acquired two V6s that same 2011, to tell you how powerful ones happiness can draw in more.

Don't get distracted with people's choices and decisions in life. Your happiness is your responsibility, don't give the world/people that power to decide it for you, because it will ruin your life.

Find another mechanic that appreciate V6 engines. There is more than enough to go round. Always remember that.

Ikenna, the Lion King.

Re: Mechanic Confusing Me!! by Nobody: 5:05am On Sep 24, 2015
Please house! What engine oil and atf should I use to service this car please!.urgent
Re: Mechanic Confusing Me!! by Kashif(m): 5:50am On Sep 24, 2015
OriEyeLe:
Please house! What engine oil and atf should I use to service this car please!.urgent

Check the atf dip stick and the engine oil cap. If you don't find the information you seek, shout here.
Re: Mechanic Confusing Me!! by mayor2013: 6:16am On Sep 24, 2015
OriEyeLe:

Recommended engine oil is 5w30. And atf oil is either dextron 2 or 3
Re: Mechanic Confusing Me!! by kingreign(m): 8:18am On Sep 24, 2015
mayor2013:

Recommended engine oil is 5w30. And atf oil is either dextron 2 or 3
this is evil advice, OP use toyota genuine ATF type T-IV

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need A New Car / Report Your Stolen Vehicles For Free & Check Status Of The Car Before You Pay / Need Advice: Honda Accord 2010 Vs Toyota Camry 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.