Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,228 members, 7,846,065 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Mechanic Confusing Me!! - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mechanic Confusing Me!! (4096 Views)

Is This The Most Confusing Road Sign? / See The Photo Confusing Nigerians On Social Media / Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mechanic Confusing Me!! by Kashif(m): 8:48am On Sep 24, 2015
kingreign:

this is evil advice, OP use toyota genuine ATF type T-IV

You seem to like the word 'evil', and it is harsh.

Dextron is what the transmission uses, but T-IV is better.
Re: Mechanic Confusing Me!! by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 24, 2015
Thanks all
Re: Mechanic Confusing Me!! by mayor2013: 12:06pm On Sep 24, 2015
kingreign:

this is evil advice, OP use toyota genuine ATF type T-IV

Young man what makes it evil when its clearly written on the transmission dipstick on the type of atf you are to use. Dont forget. I personally do not like the dextron 2 and 3 sold this days. Except you getting them overseas
Re: Mechanic Confusing Me!! by Nobody: 12:38am On Oct 31, 2015
I have to thank you guys for the advice, although I had to do some repairs based on the car is used, the car engine was leaking Oil from rare mail seal or wetin sef, and another seal close to water pump roller sha, I changed all the seal from that car and that's all I did, the car stiil steams even though my kazeem convinced me if I use Synthetic oil that it won't have any effect so far the engine is used on naija soil, I didn't noticed the leak from purchase, finally I'm am enjoying the car although it steams and not smoking now, hey it was smoking black smoke before and it consumed more fuel and doesn't fire as a healthy car shoud, took it to kazeem rewire and said it's the brainbox and said it will cost me 20k(workmanship excluded o) to replace it with siena brainbox or so, with tendency of destruction(red eye) took it back to the dealer and requested my money back, he knows I b werey sha, he replaced it and later said if na another person, e don buy am b that. I smiled and zoom off and still tell him if sud anything major sud happen to d carin six months I will bring it back. But was my kazeem mecho ryt? For a car that still steams, shey using synthetic will do more harm than good to the car? Another thing v6 AC mad and the funny thing is I don't see any difference big difference in fuel consumption as most pipu assumes, I have bin using 2500# fuel since Wednesday with full AC and enough cruising for IB although I prefer to pass wrong way wt no traffic than to get stuck in sango traffic, and still the fuel will still carry me for tomorrow if I cruise the way I did today but I read something on nairaland not to rev beyong 2000rpm or 3000rpm in city and I thing it's a very good idea. Thanks, answer me abt my kazeem o, if I cn still use synthetic oil....4cyl engines actually perform wonders by force but v6 does it wt no stress. The noise less part of it makes more sense.
Re: Mechanic Confusing Me!! by Nobody: 12:50am On Oct 31, 2015
I'm still trying to figure out your answer to which would be more exhausted, 4 people pushing a car, the 4 pipu will be exhausted before the 6 people but i still don't get it very well.

GAZZUZZ:

Same body parts.

The V6 engine is cheaper.

Which would be more exhausted? 4 people pushing a car or 6 people pushing a car.

40liters from ibadan to edo (maybe benin?) your corrola must have had a problem grin

Re: Mechanic Confusing Me!! by lonelydora: 1:44am On Oct 31, 2015
achinaboy:
just enjoy your car, my sis got one,and it's moving like bbomb, just make sure you fuel it before it enters reserve or red,,if the engine gives you problems, you take it out and put 4cylinder, but before that would happen,you might have finish enjoying the car to the last,

A very bad advice. The mechanic might be better than you.

2 Likes

Re: Mechanic Confusing Me!! by kingreign(m): 4:05am On Oct 31, 2015
OriEyeLe:
I have to thank you guys for the advice, although I had to do some repairs based on the car is used, the car engine was leaking Oil from rare mail seal or wetin sef, and another seal close to water pump roller sha, I changed all the seal from that car and that's all I did, the car stiil steams even though my kazeem convinced me if I use Synthetic oil that it won't have any effect so far the engine is used on naija soil, I didn't noticed the leak from purchase, finally I'm am enjoying the car although it steams and not smoking now, hey it was smoking black smoke before and it consumed more fuel and doesn't fire as a healthy car shoud, took it to kazeem rewire and said it's the brainbox and said it will cost me 20k(workmanship excluded o) to replace it with siena brainbox or so, with tendency of destruction(red eye) took it back to the dealer and requested my money back, he knows I b werey sha, he replaced it and later said if na another person, e don buy am b that. I smiled and zoom off and still tell him if sud anything major sud happen to d carin six months I will bring it back. But was my kazeem mecho ryt? For a car that still steams, shey using synthetic will do more harm than good to the car? Another thing v6 AC mad and the funny thing is I don't see any difference big difference in fuel consumption as most pipu assumes, I have bin using 2500# fuel since Wednesday with full AC and enough cruising for IB although I prefer to pass wrong way wt no traffic than to get stuck in sango traffic, and still the fuel will still carry me for tomorrow if I cruise the way I did today but I read something on nairaland not to rev beyong 2000rpm or 3000rpm in city and I thing it's a very good idea. Thanks, answer me abt my kazeem o, if I cn still use synthetic oil....4cyl engines actually perform wonders by force but v6 does it wt no stress. The noise less part of it makes more sense.

Eleyi gidi gaaan shocked shocked shocked
Re: Mechanic Confusing Me!! by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:05am On Oct 31, 2015
OriEyeLe:
I'm still trying to figure out your answer to which would be more exhausted, 4 people pushing a car, the 4 pipu will be exhausted before the 6 people but i still don't get it very well.

4donkeys pulling a cart or 6donkeys, which would be faster? How many donkeys do you have to feed?
Re: Mechanic Confusing Me!! by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 31, 2015
6 donkeys
Re: Mechanic Confusing Me!! by pek(m): 5:25pm On Nov 03, 2015
OriEyeLe:
, finally I'm took it to kazeem rewire and said it's the brainbox and said it will cost me 20k(workmanship excluded o) to replace it with siena brainbox or so, with tendency of destruction(red eye) took it back to the dealer and .
I laugh in Latin. No wonder. Sienna and Camry brainbox are not interchangeable.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Kind Of Camry Is This? / Buy Or Not To Buy? Converted Nissan Primera SE / Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.