Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Alhaji Lai Muhammed And The Burden Of Being Too Good At Your Job - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alhaji Lai Muhammed And The Burden Of Being Too Good At Your Job (858 Views)

''Jonathan's Government Bought Substandard Weapons'' - Alhaji Lai Mohammed / Donald Trump: ''Africans Are Lazy Fools Only Good At Lovemaking And Stealing” / Saraki, Other kwara Senators endorse Lai Muhammed!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alhaji Lai Muhammed And The Burden Of Being Too Good At Your Job by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 15, 2015
I’ve been thinking of the APC spokesperson for a while now and I couldn’t help but tag him ‘a classic case of where been brilliant at what you do becomes your Achilles’ heel’. I have a lot of admiration for the APC spokesman but now all I have for him lately is pity. Why?

I recall I’d been in this same position before and I remember it was not an enviable position to be in. I was supposed to move up the ladder in my organization but the management thought vacating my then seat may create a big void in the organization that may end up rubbing badly on their profit. We concluded I should train others and I did, and the management themselves passed them fit to take over the mantle from me. But they still developed cold feet in letting me move up. I was left to consider two options, under-perform or quit the company. Unfortunately, the later triumphed.

Coming back to Alhaji Lai Muhammed, I’ve watched him over the years in his role as the spokesperson of his party and I make bold to say that, the only other person that could be said to have trumped him in that sector that I know is probably the late Senator Uche Chukwumerije when he was the information egghead of the defunct Biafra Republic during the Nigerian civil war. I remember during the transmutation of ACN to APC, all other officers of ACN lost their position except Alhaji Lai Muhammed and the symbolic broom. He was so good then as the spokesperson of the ACN that they had to retain him as the spokesperson of the new party, APC.

Now that the party is in power and are about to form a cabinet, as much as I believed he should be on the list of the top five people that should be considered to join the cabinet of President Muhammadu Buhari, I fear he might be deemed a big loss in the party’s PR department and may not be considered for a cabinet position. Sadly, despite the fact that I think he has done more than many politicians to ensure the success of the party in the last election, I fear he may not be considered. His “over competence” might be his undoing. How can one therefore choose to be less himself just so he can get promoted?

https://www.facebook.com/kayode.odeyemi?fref=nf

Re: Alhaji Lai Muhammed And The Burden Of Being Too Good At Your Job by BTT(m): 9:22pm On Sep 15, 2015
A few gaffes here and there, but the guy is very good at what he does. And I think his party is better for it.

The #WailingWailers are coming...
Re: Alhaji Lai Muhammed And The Burden Of Being Too Good At Your Job by vazsily(m): 9:28pm On Sep 15, 2015
Alhaji Lai is indeed exceptional & I believe a strong party member. Remember b4 & during d campaign, it was always interesting 2 hear him speak, never a dull moment. He was by d end of d election d slayer of PDP
Re: Alhaji Lai Muhammed And The Burden Of Being Too Good At Your Job by psucc(m): 9:32pm On Sep 15, 2015
Lai is good no doubt but all of them (those southerners who helped to build, fund and worked foe the APC) were only contractors.

Now that they have completed the building(election) and handed over (power) to the owner(north), they don't have share in the house(administration).
Re: Alhaji Lai Muhammed And The Burden Of Being Too Good At Your Job by yanabasee(m): 9:34pm On Sep 15, 2015
There is nothing more to do, than to pity a LIAR.... Best of its kind.
Re: Alhaji Lai Muhammed And The Burden Of Being Too Good At Your Job by OZAOEKPE(f): 9:35pm On Sep 15, 2015
"lai muhammed gave up his 'star' just to please his masters, the northerners have 'afonja' him".
Re: Alhaji Lai Muhammed And The Burden Of Being Too Good At Your Job by oduastates: 9:38pm On Sep 15, 2015
If Buhari messes up ,and I believe that he is probably Nigeria's last chance ,Lai Mohammed will be very useful in the liberation movement.
Fashola ,Lai Mohammed are skilled at what they do and they will useful regardless of the way things go.
I've never been as keen of Nigeria as most others because I'm a realist .
The problems are staring at you in the face .
With desertification up north , civil strife ,climate change resulting in fresh water shortages, over population resulting from high birth rates from other parts , the time to leave Nigeria is now because many of those problems will land in the SW pot .
Nigeria's future is bleak just from a socio economic point of view alone . That is before we consider the socio political issues

1 Like

Re: Alhaji Lai Muhammed And The Burden Of Being Too Good At Your Job by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 15, 2015
Lai is a quintessential image maker. Its as if he's always prepared for possible assault. He is a better professional at public relations than all the spokesperson of other political parties. He will make a good information minister for Buhari's government
Re: Alhaji Lai Muhammed And The Burden Of Being Too Good At Your Job by OZAOEKPE(f): 9:39pm On Sep 15, 2015
oduastates:
If Buhari messes up ,and I believe that he is probably Nigeria's last chance ,Lai Mohammed will be very useful in the liberation movement.
I've never been as keen of Nigeria as most others because I'm a realist .
The problems are staring at you in the face .
With desertification up north , civil strife ,climate change resulting in fresh water shortages, over population resulting from high birth rates from other parts , the time to leave Nigeria is now because many of those problems will land in the SW pot .
Nigeria's future is bleak
"thank God this 'afonja' has seen the light".
Re: Alhaji Lai Muhammed And The Burden Of Being Too Good At Your Job by Nobody: 7:26am On Sep 16, 2015
Alhaji Lai Mohammed is a Lawyer and Co-founded the thriving legal firm of Edu & Mohammed as a Senior Partner in 1989. Alhaji Lai Mohammed is an Astute Businessman and an active politician and is the National Secretary of Actions Congress Nigeria (ACN). Alhaji Mohammed served as the Chairman of Optmedia Limited, a subsidiary of Afromedia Plc since December 18, 2008. He served as a Director of Afromedia PLC since May 2011. Alhaji Mohammed is also a fellow of the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR) and worked as Public Relations Officer for almost 10 years with the Nigerian Airport Authority, now Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria (FAAN).
Re: Alhaji Lai Muhammed And The Burden Of Being Too Good At Your Job by miqos02(m): 11:35am On Oct 06, 2015
sanky346:
Alhaji Lai Mohammed is a Lawyer and Co-founded the thriving legal firm of Edu & Mohammed as a Senior Partner in 1989. Alhaji Lai Mohammed is an Astute Businessman and an active politician and is the National Secretary of Actions Congress Nigeria (ACN). Alhaji Mohammed served as the Chairman of Optmedia Limited, a subsidiary of Afromedia Plc since December 18, 2008. He served as a Director of Afromedia PLC since May 2011. Alhaji Mohammed is also a fellow of the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR) and worked as Public Relations Officer for almost 10 years with the Nigerian Airport Authority, now Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria (FAAN).

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Might Still Break Up Under Buhari(pointblanknews) / A Cry Of A Man From Capt Idris Wada Village Kogi State Governor Village / US House Speaker John Boehner To Resign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.