Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Its Not All About Regular Specifications, Here Are Phone Features You Ignore - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Its Not All About Regular Specifications, Here Are Phone Features You Ignore (47702 Views)

Five Features You Must Disable On New Smartphones / 5 Features You Should Spot If You Like To Watch Movies On Your Phone / 6 Cool Camon CX Features You Should Be Using (Pics Inside) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Its Not All About Regular Specifications, Here Are Phone Features You Ignore by BomboyOnline: 4:44am On Sep 17, 2015
Mayweather is not a heavy weight.
Re: Its Not All About Regular Specifications, Here Are Phone Features You Ignore by cristweeezy(m): 5:10am On Sep 17, 2015
kingslly:
Price: some very expensive phones can't even multi-task ,so u see that it's not every expensive phone that is a Smart phone eg iPhone 6,6plus etc grin tongue
tell him. Seems d guy is an iphone fan...

1 Like

Re: Its Not All About Regular Specifications, Here Are Phone Features You Ignore by babakess: 5:22am On Sep 17, 2015
DjAndroid:
So, about the battery life, will I use the phone first to check the battery life before paying the seller?

Read reviews online before going to buy the phone..
Re: Its Not All About Regular Specifications, Here Are Phone Features You Ignore by Ola17: 5:34am On Sep 17, 2015
tolugar:

What do u understand by multi- tasking.

Try en handle iPhone 6, 6plus.

Then redefine smartness
Thank you my brother. Ignorant peeps be talking shît about what they haven't operated not to talk of owning.

1 Like

Re: Its Not All About Regular Specifications, Here Are Phone Features You Ignore by networkgenuis: 5:41am On Sep 17, 2015
runzlord:

No. The issue here is you have no point. You can't back up your claims then you shift attention to price.
Free that guy bro. The only issue he has with iPhone 6 is the price.
Re: Its Not All About Regular Specifications, Here Are Phone Features You Ignore by Nobody: 6:04am On Sep 17, 2015
dexterinc2003:

Its not 2 face ooo Its not 2face's younger brother ooo Its not the younger brother's ex gf ooooo Its now d younger sister of an ex gf!!!
Bros which kain 'runz' b dis na....abeg free the mods. grin
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Its Not All About Regular Specifications, Here Are Phone Features You Ignore by Nobody: 6:08am On Sep 17, 2015
runzlord:

Abeg help me tell those modretors o!
All my articles, no one got to front page probably because the modretors hate me. The last time I got to fp I hade to beg lalasticala to do his job, which I can't do again. Even seun won't be happy if this kinds of post don't make fp. Than what exacly makes fp? "Tuface younger brother ex girlfriend sister flaunts curves in new photos" mtseeew

*Modified*
I thank the mods o.

After posting two of my songs link that have gotten 50k downloads it never made it to fp but others will post there own and it will make it to fp
Re: Its Not All About Regular Specifications, Here Are Phone Features You Ignore by Nobody: 6:14am On Sep 17, 2015
Hizzy:

After posting two of my songs link that have gotten 50k downloads it never made it to fp but others will post there own and it will make it to fp
Others are popular. You need to somehow get your name noticed here first like airforce1 did
Re: Its Not All About Regular Specifications, Here Are Phone Features You Ignore by Nobody: 6:19am On Sep 17, 2015
BomboyOnline:
Mayweather is not a heavy weight.
Is he lightweight?

1 Like

Re: Its Not All About Regular Specifications, Here Are Phone Features You Ignore by Nobody: 6:21am On Sep 17, 2015
ollah1:

You are wrong. Nexus 6 has a better screen than M8. AMOLED is generally better than LCD
He might not be wrong. Display of screen varies among consumers, some people prefer LCD some prefer AMOLED, whichever you prefer has a better screen to you. They both have their prons and cons on each other, no one is outrightly better. But the nexus 6 has a much bigger screen than m8, so I expect stuff to turn out more compact and neat on the m8. But I won't say any is better.

CC
Techthins:
Nice post! To add to the first point "Screen resolution" I think there is a little more to a phone's display than the pixels dimension, the type of display panel also matters.
For example, the HTC One M8 has a LCD panel with a 1080 x 1920 resolution while the Nexus 6 has an AMOLED panel with a 1440 x 2560 resolution. On paper, one is inclined to say the Nexus 6 has a better display, but its the other way round in real life!
The M8's display is clearer and more natural to the eyes despite the fact that it has lesser pixels in it. This is possible because LCD panels produce more natural colours than AMOLED display panels.
So Its important to also look out for the display panel of a phone when phone hunting! Start your phone hunting here:http://techthins.com/compare/devices/
Re: Its Not All About Regular Specifications, Here Are Phone Features You Ignore by refreshrate: 6:25am On Sep 17, 2015
OP your reference to rice is noted

I just want to find out if its jollof rice you mean or white rice

secondly if its jollof rice is it the one they serve at parties made with firewood? Na dat type i dey gbadun pass

...case in point i dont see the relevance of your rice comparison when trying to emphasize difference between battery size and battery life.

but what do i know na sagem phone me i dey use

2 Likes

Re: Its Not All About Regular Specifications, Here Are Phone Features You Ignore by callmelanner(m): 6:27am On Sep 17, 2015
runzlord:

Sure! Like HTC front facing boom speakers, that others don't have.
Chai!
My head fit tear if I get dat one...
Maybe I go don turn Dr dre
Re: Its Not All About Regular Specifications, Here Are Phone Features You Ignore by Nobody: 6:36am On Sep 17, 2015
runzlord:

Others are popular. You need to somehow get your name noticed here first like airforce1 did
That's true but here are the links to my 2 tracks you can rat them
JIM JIM on http://www.datafilehost.com/d/f92c1041

OR
BOUNCE on http://www.datafilehost.com/d/18a38f55
please wen you finished let me know or check my Profile
Re: Its Not All About Regular Specifications, Here Are Phone Features You Ignore by INTROVER: 6:38am On Sep 17, 2015
coolI think the phone that has it all is still sony Z series cool
Re: Its Not All About Regular Specifications, Here Are Phone Features You Ignore by Nobody: 6:42am On Sep 17, 2015
Hizzy:
That's true but here are the links to my 2 tracks you can rat them JIM JIM on http://www.datafilehost.com/d/f92c1041
OR BOUNCE on http://www.datafilehost.com/d/18a38f55 please wen you finished let me know or check my Profile
You would have to chill small. I don't have enough data now.
Re: Its Not All About Regular Specifications, Here Are Phone Features You Ignore by Nobody: 6:45am On Sep 17, 2015
runzlord:
You would have to chill small. I don't have enough data now.
OK, nice post but I used Lg phone L70
Re: Its Not All About Regular Specifications, Here Are Phone Features You Ignore by kefedmayor: 6:49am On Sep 17, 2015
This is the educative things I want pple to be talking about not mere lies. I ve learnt a lot. 3 gbosa gun for u
Re: Its Not All About Regular Specifications, Here Are Phone Features You Ignore by Acidosis(m): 6:50am On Sep 17, 2015
cool piece
Re: Its Not All About Regular Specifications, Here Are Phone Features You Ignore by kefedmayor: 6:51am On Sep 17, 2015
Once again thanks for d gud write up. but which UK used phones will u recommend for us to used wth dis qualities nd price shld not exceed 22k
Re: Its Not All About Regular Specifications, Here Are Phone Features You Ignore by Acidosis(m): 6:51am On Sep 17, 2015
At least our half baked tech gurus on Nairaland will stop reviewing phones base on RAM size, SCREEN SIZE, & HEAVINESS grin
Re: Its Not All About Regular Specifications, Here Are Phone Features You Ignore by dokJ: 6:58am On Sep 17, 2015
runzlord:

Yes, I won't be giving money, but I would get recognized
local recognition.
Re: Its Not All About Regular Specifications, Here Are Phone Features You Ignore by godson99(m): 7:16am On Sep 17, 2015
wel said, but my issue is basically about my phone memory always full ,whenever i delete some apps it stil keeps notifying me that it is full techno phone to be precised.. pls tell me how to go about it
runzlord:
Now, you might be exited when you here a phone specifications to be, 3500mah battery, 5" inch screen, 16mp camera and so on, but you end up buying the phone and disliking it. Why? Because there are some little thing you ignore in a phone. And most of these things, cheap, starter manufacturers ignore them too when building their phones.

1. Screen Resolution
Sure, most times you don't ignore screen size but you ignore its resolution, some phones with loud specifications, could actually come with a very poor resolution, so poor you would hate looking at the screen, watching movies or just viewing pictures as they would produce very little detail and poor colours with a lot of noise. For example HD 1080p is alright for a 5" screen, anything lower than that might not make good impressions to your eyes.

2. Battery Life
Yes Battey Life not Battery Size, these are two different things, look at it this way, a plate of rice for breakfast could last some people till evening, while others, by 12 noon, they are hungry again, the plate of rice here, is the battery size! And depending on the person which is the Phone, it could take them for either half a day or a full day, which is the battery life! So next time you want to buy a phone, don't just be carried away by 3500mAh, there are phones with just 2000mAh that would last twice longer.

Someone asked me to expanciate this point.
There are some companies that focus on optimising the phone to use less battery power, one company that has been the best at doing this is Sony, they put time in working out how an amount of power should keep the phone up, and cutting down every other place power leaks or is over used. Some other companies don't care, they believe the bigger the battery the longer the life. Again, Samsung galaxy note 4 has a battery size of 3220mAh and battery life of 8 hours 43 minutes but Samsung Galaxy Note 5(the newer version) has a battery size of 3000mAh(220mAh less) and a battrey life of 9 hours 11 minutes (28 minutes more) so think again.

3. Charge Time
Back to the plate of rice, some people (like my younger brother) can take hours just to eat a plate of rice, but others (like me), mehn no time, na sharp sharp tinz, it should take around 5-10 mins. Back to phones. Just because our phones has the same battery size does not mean they would use the same charging times, a phone might have just 1500mAh battery but would spend minutes longer than a phone with 3500mAh to charge. You know its very annoying to charge your phone for almost an hour, and its just in 60%. So next time you want to buy a phone, try to find out how long it takes to charge full.

4. Camera quality
Again, another thing we skip is the quality of pictures taken by the phone's camera, mega-pixel does not determine quality, no! Quality of a phone camera varies with devices even when they have the same mega-pixel, an example is the iPhone. Apart from recently announced iPhone 6s, previous versions had 8 mega-pixel cameras up to iPhone 4, but each had progressing camera quality, as iPhone 8-mega-pixel are compared to other phones 13/16/20 mp cameras. Likewise there is no 8 mega-pixel camera (aside from top brands) that can be compared to iPhone's own, and iPhone 8 mega-pixel even produce better pictures than some phone 16 mega-pixels camera. So you might want to check this out before buying your next phone and not just rely on the mega-pixels.

5. Camera Flash Brightness
All Flashlight aint the same!! Just like every touch light does not have the same brightness, there are phones with flashlight that if you see them, you would prefer the phone had no flash. Like my friend former tecno(can't remb the brand). A candle would out shine the flash on that phone. So don't just see "flash light" in the phone specifications and be happy, check how bright it is first before purchasing the phone.

6. Phone size
Again, Phone Size is not Screen Size, I'm writing this article believing people reading it are not too concerned with technology, so I'm trying to detail every point to be as easy to understand as possible. There is what is called Screen-to-body ratio, this is a specification category telling you how wide the phone bezel(the part on the front of your phone that is not the screen) are. This is to say even if two phones both have 5" inch screen, they won't actually have the same body size. Some phones are really sleek in your hands, and some are buggy, for example, samsung galaxy s6 has 5.1" inch screen, but some phones like iphone 6 with 4.7" inch screen is almost as big as it(the s6). This might be a problem when pocketing your phone or trying to put it in a purse, And you wanted a big screen phone. So next time, you might want to check this out.

7. Phone Weight
Some phones can break floyd mayweather HEAVYWEIGHT record, an example is one injoo(or whatever the name is) phone I held, it was what I call HEAVY, unlike the iPhone that's like paper. Weight becomes a problem when you carry your phone about especially without a bag, in your pockets whereby a heavy phone could draw your trousers down, or make your hands hurt while just holding it. You could actually use some heavy phones to build your muscles grin (just exaggerating). So when next you're shopping, try to lift the phone up for a few seconds and see if you are comfortable with it.

8. Internal Memory (Android Phones Only)
If I you were to see the specifications of some phone, you would see 16gb internal memory, if Samsung tells you that, believe it. If Tecno tells you that, go and check the phone first! Now most phones especially the new brands and so called affordable phones, separates the actually internal memory from phones memory, with popular brands, these memory are joined together. Example is my fly era nano 8. The phone specification reads 4gb internal, well, the actual internal memory is 1GB, and it has a phone memory of 4GB. The internal memory is where the operating system and pre installed apps are, also with android there are some apps that can only stay in the internal memory, example are Whatsapp and BBM, and all primary app data stays in the internal memory, so it then get full sometimes, you get notifications that your memory is full, but can see more that enough space in your Phone memory, this is because the phone memory act like an in-built SD card. Not internal memory. But most phone would not write how big the actual internal memory is, but would write is as the phone memory or just write 4GB Rom. If you are the type that installs a lot of apps and updates all apps even stock apps, this is going to be a Big MIGHTY problem, the negative results creates an endless list. Its like having a limited memory phone with no SD card slot. So next time you on the verge to get a new phone, I would advice you pick one with a real internal memory, and real size of above 2GB. Or else go check out the phones actual internal memory size. By going to settings>>memory. Don't just read 16GB rom and relax.

Please add more... If you want to. I don't know it all!
Another Runzlord's article!
Please and Please join my BBM channel, and vote for me [see signature]
Mods, you know na wink
Re: Its Not All About Regular Specifications, Here Are Phone Features You Ignore by Nobody: 7:19am On Sep 17, 2015
dokJ:
local recognition.
You have to start from somewhere.
Re: Its Not All About Regular Specifications, Here Are Phone Features You Ignore by Rexyl(m): 7:20am On Sep 17, 2015
These days some brands will just put incorrect figure for certain features. Is it possible to know the real value of phone features before buying the phone?
Re: Its Not All About Regular Specifications, Here Are Phone Features You Ignore by onward4life(m): 7:24am On Sep 17, 2015
My bro Guu. Moning, I use God beg u no post this kind demand again ooo if u want make chibok girl dissappear for ever abeg!!!!! U wan kill companies ni!!! ..

my dream-phone specs:
1. torch-light
2. lighter
3. satellite dish(micro)
4. mirror
5. loudspeaker(20.55mm)
6. shaving stick
7. key holder

and it's os must be android 7.1.1 'cowbell'..[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Its Not All About Regular Specifications, Here Are Phone Features You Ignore by Lero15(m): 7:33am On Sep 17, 2015
For phone specs and reviews, go to www.gsmarena.com
Re: Its Not All About Regular Specifications, Here Are Phone Features You Ignore by kingslly(m): 7:36am On Sep 17, 2015
runzlord:

No. The issue here is you have no point. You can't back up your claims then you shift attention to price.
go thru our conversation again and u'll realise u r the one that has no point,is price not a criteria you consider when u want to buy a phone again?
Re: Its Not All About Regular Specifications, Here Are Phone Features You Ignore by MizJayne(f): 7:42am On Sep 17, 2015
runzlord:

pls btw Microsoft lumia and infinix hot note,which do u tink I shud go for,pls reply it urgent,tanks
Re: Its Not All About Regular Specifications, Here Are Phone Features You Ignore by Rexyl(m): 7:44am On Sep 17, 2015
runzlord:

4. Camera quality
Again, another thing we skip is the quality of pictures taken by the phone's camera, mega-pixel does not determine quality, no! Quality of a phone camera varies with devices even when they have the same mega-pixel, an example is the iPhone. Apart from recently announced iPhone 6s, previous versions had 8 mega-pixel cameras up to iPhone 4, but each had progressing camera quality, as iPhone 8-mega-pixel are compared to other phones 13/16/20 mp cameras. Likewise there is no 8 mega-pixel camera (aside from tove the same body size. Some phones are really sleek in your hands, and some are buggy, for example, samsung galaxy s6 has 5.1" inch screen, but some phones like iphone 6 with 4.7" inch screen is almost as big as it(the s6). This might be a pro

What could have caused camera quality of some brands to reduce with time? I have used some phones that produced very sharp images during the first few days, thereafter the image quality started to get poorer. A 13 megapixel phone may not be better than 5 megapixel with time.

Which brands don't fall to this category?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Airtel Ng Officially Launches New Blackberry Plans. / Glo Data Awoof- Get 5.2GB For N100 And 10.4GB For N200 / Think Twice Before You Buy Any Innjoo Product!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.