Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,954 members, 7,835,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health (21189 Views)

How Can I Cure And Restore My Sunburn Permanently? / How A Man Helped A Mentally Unstable Woman Roaming The Streets Of Abuja. PICS / Chinese Doctor Grows New Ear On Man's Arm To Restore His Hearing(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by Geesanni: 2:43pm On Sep 16, 2015
ACTUALLY,NOT SELF MEDICATION REALLY,IT IS USING D INTERNET TO ACQUIRE WIDE KNWOLDGE ND NOT SOCIAL MEDIA EV ERYTIME,FUNNY ENOF I CAME ACROSS SOYABEAN ARTICLE LAST WEEK ON D NET AND READ EVERTHING ABOUT SOYABEANS.I WAS SO SHOCKED FOR D FINDINGS I GOT ABOUT DIS FOOD,I USED TO BELIEVE IT TO B D BEST PROTEINOUS FOOD B4,FUNNY ENOF,I WENT TO BOARDIN SKOOL WHERE WE WERE FED DIS FOOD DAILY,OMO MEN,I WAS SO SHOCKED ABT HOW BAD SOYA BEANS IS BAD TO EVERYBODY HEALTH(IT CAUSES CANCER TO WOMEN,CAUSES PROBLEM TO MALE SEXUAL ORGAN AND NOW CAUSES SIEZURE TO BABIES,NAIJA PLS READ WIDE
free2ryhme:

Good for you however it will be wise not to encourage this form of self medication through the internet humans are bound to go the extreme.

Dont just jump into conclusion. you might not be lucky next time

It is advisable to see a doctor atleast for monitoring purposes and professional advise
Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by Kudducini(m): 2:44pm On Sep 16, 2015
Now I Dont Need To Go To School Any More I Have Google
Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by professore(m): 2:44pm On Sep 16, 2015
I also make research like this on the internet,if you click the right cache,google is good
Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by udysweet(f): 2:46pm On Sep 16, 2015
@op,thank God for your baby's life o. and yes the internet has been of immense help to a whole lot of us. i cannot begin to quantify mine but i say a big GOD BLESS YOU to the person who invented the internet!
lol
Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by eluquenson(m): 2:47pm On Sep 16, 2015
Congrats to you, that's why someone need to ask google for possible solutions to issues like this, i really commend your effort as a caring father and a good mother.

1 Like

Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by mysteryman2014: 2:56pm On Sep 16, 2015
- "It was so severe that it worried me and her mum so much that we though it was a spiritual attack". What nonsense is this?
- "Every time it occurred, we felt like weeping as the ever lovely baby seemed to have been strangely hijacked".What nonsense is this?

Anyway, next time consult a pediatrician....not a generalist medical practitioner.

Can you be kind to share the brand name of this soya formula?

Embrace science .....

Sure it is good to embrace science however be mindful science cant explain everything about mankind.

While not being dogmatic, the Bible provides answers to questions of our very existence.
Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 16, 2015
Honestly, it does help a lot, my wife was able to discover a lot of website when we had our our first child and I'm telling u it really helped in a lot of ways, mentally growth, physically, everything works great when she discovered some sites like babycentre, mums world etc. get more through Internet even after getting a doctor's recommendation, God bless the little angel as she grows
kennysteve77:
Fellow Nairalanders,

With great joy in my heart I give this brief account of how the internet helped restore my baby's health and prevented possible long-term complications. My lovely eight-month old baby suddenly began having seizures few days ago. It was so severe that it worried me and her mum so much that we though it was a spiritual attack. She would suddenly stiffen her neck and shake with great energy (seemingly unconscious), and then return to normal mode in less than a minute.

It happened like 3-5 times every 15minutes. Everytime it occurred, we felt like weeping as the ever lovely baby seemed to have been strangely hijacked. We rushed to the hospital and some blood tests were recommended. On seeing the results, the Doctors quickly knew it was a brain infection coupled with Malaria. Although some of them were worried that all other symptoms of Malaria and infection were absent in the baby - no high temperature, no yellow eyes, baby actively playing and sucking. The doctors immediately commenced treatment with strong antibiotics passed directly into her bloodstream + antimalarial drugs. Twice daily she was receiving the medications but on the third day, they got more worried that there was no improvement.

My wife was drastically losing her joy while everyone else was praying. On the evening of that third day, my wife picked her phone and began an extensive research on Google.com for possible causes of such condition. She stumbled on a research paper that presented the Negative Effects of Soybean in Babies. This paper caught her attention because two days before the seizures began, she introduced Soybean into our baby's food formula (on a Doctor's recommendation). The article stated that Soybean inhibits the production of Trypsin which is very essential for infants and also triggers irregular impulse in the brain neurotransmitters thereby causing frequent seizures which, after a long period, could render the child epileptic. The paper added that the inhibition of Trypsin could lower the immune system (which could make doctors believe it to be an infection).

We immediately stopped feeding the baby with the formula but we didn't notify anyone of the finding to allow a continued treatment. By the following day, the seizures started fading and in just two days, it went away completely. We are still in awe with this discovery while we are very glad that the baby is back to normal life, but I felt - this might help someone someday.

Cc: lalasticlala
Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by GodnGold: 3:06pm On Sep 16, 2015
A very big thank you sir for this information.And to say that I hustle introduced soybean to my baby's food two days ago.Thank you.Kind regards to your baby.
Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by destinyay(m): 3:10pm On Sep 16, 2015
grin
Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by babaireti(m): 3:11pm On Sep 16, 2015
I'm indeed very happy for the Baby and for the parent,we give glory to God
Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 16, 2015
Why are you giving formular to 8months,you parents dnt learn until nature itself teach you in a hard way,only breastmilk and weaning food is sufficient.
kennysteve77:
Fellow Nairalanders,

With great joy in my heart I give this brief account of how the internet helped restore my baby's health and prevented possible long-term complications. My lovely eight-month old baby suddenly began having seizures few days ago. It was so severe that it worried me and her mum so much that we though it was a spiritual attack. She would suddenly stiffen her neck and shake with great energy (seemingly unconscious), and then return to normal mode in less than a minute.

It happened like 3-5 times every 15minutes. Everytime it occurred, we felt like weeping as the ever lovely baby seemed to have been strangely hijacked. We rushed to the hospital and some blood tests were recommended. On seeing the results, the Doctors quickly knew it was a bction coupled with Malaria. Although some of them were worried that all other symptoms of Malaria and infection were absent in the baby - no high temperature, no yellow eyes, baby actively playing and sucking. The doctors immediately commenced treatment with strong antibiotics passed directly into her bloodstream + antimalarial drugs. Twice daily she was receiving the medications but on the third day, they got more worried that there was no improvement.

My wife was drastically losing her joy while everyone else was praying. On the evening of that third day, my wife picked her phone and began an extensive research on Google.com for possible causes of such condition. She stumbled on a research paper that presented the Negative Effects of Soybean in Babies. This paper caught her attention because two days before the seizures began, she introduced Soybean into our baby's food formula (on a Doctor's recommendation). The article stated that Soybean inhibits the production of Trypsin which is very essential for infants and also triggers irregular impulse in the brain neurotransmitters thereby causing frequent seizures which, after a long period, could render the child epileptic. The paper added that the inhibition of Trypsin could lower the immune system (which could make doctors believe it to be an infection).

We immediately stopped feeding the baby with the formula but we didn't notify anyone of the finding to allow a continued treatment. By the following day, the seizures started fading and in just two days, it went away completely. We are still in awe with this discovery while we are very glad that the baby is back to normal life, but I felt - this might help someone someday.

Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 16, 2015
U can imagine how that Dr would have caused some problems to the girl' health administering anti-biotics when it wasn't needed, a lot of things u can learn from the Internet, pls gather enough informations on the Internet, you learn from other parent's experience and you can query your doctor if what he/she says abt your babies, give enough time to give details when u visit your doctors, the food you fed the baby, even the diapers, I mean everything you administer on your baby before showing symptoms. At 8months that's too early and pls query the person who prescribed it

1 Like

Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by debbydee(f): 3:13pm On Sep 16, 2015
congrats to your family

the internet has really helped

i will also give kudos to nairaland

1 Like

Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by Moneyab(m): 3:17pm On Sep 16, 2015
Congratulations my bro and thank God for your wife's determination to source for solutions online. I can relate to your experience. My two years plus daughter had continued virtual non stop running nose from birth. We had been to several paediatric doctors and spent so much until sometime last year I went online in search of possible clues and solutions to this problem. A foreign medical site had an article that said babies with such conditions should stop being fed milk and sugary pastries from 7 p.m to avoid possible nasal congestion. I showed the article to my wife and we quickly tried out that option and in two weeks we noticed drastic reduction in her nasal congestion. She now sleeps peacefully in the night and we made sure from then henceforth that her meals in the evenings/night were devoid of milk, beverages and sugary stuff. She could have all that minimally during the day but at night is a no no for us. Mean while the doctors were fleecing us big time and two actually suggested surgery to correct some supposed anormally in her nasal cavity. God help us!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by bosunjohns(m): 3:31pm On Sep 16, 2015
Thanks for this great info. Very timely.
kennysteve77:
Fellow Nairalanders,

It happened like 3-5 times every 15minutes. Everytime it occurred, we felt like weeping as the ever lovely baby seemed to have been strangely hijacked. We rushed to the hospital and some blood tests were recommended. On seeing the results, the Doctors quickly knew it was a brain infection coupled with Malaria. Although some of them were worried that all other symptoms of Malaria and infection were absent in the baby - no high temperature, no yellow eyes, baby actively playing and sucking. The doctors immediately commenced treatment with strong antibiotics passed directly into her bloodstream + antimalarial drugs. Twice daily she was receiving the medications but on the third day, they got more worried that there was no improvement.

Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by Neduzze5(m): 3:32pm On Sep 16, 2015
aderonkedeborah:
no wonder..

No wonder say wetin happen? angry
Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by delors(m): 3:36pm On Sep 16, 2015
Thank God! This is why it makes sense to marry a wife who is literate enough to not just come here on Nairaland to start accusing her mother-in-law of withcraft, running from one Alfa to Idibia and being scammed, and even worsening the issue. A simple research and everything returned to normal! In the "fullness of time" I will also give my own testimony onhow internet research has helped change my story.
Thank God for the poor boy is ok now. And I suggest the OP writes the author of the online article on how his/her piece helped save your baby's life.

Selah

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by rocoh(m): 3:36pm On Sep 16, 2015
GOD BLESS YOU FOR SHARING. i WILL BE A GREAT DAD. grin grin grin grin grin grin
kennysteve77:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by smartcount002: 3:50pm On Sep 16, 2015
Thank God for directing you to make this research. I once suffered severe ulcer which I treated for many years with Doctors prescriptions, without solutions. One day I decided to make research on the internet, and that was when I stumbled on one American doctor's blog. I was so surprised that many people have had similar ulcer issue as me. But they were able to treat it completely with the prescriptions and instructions of the doctor right there on his blog page.
I did the same thing and after completing the dosages within the time frame, I never experienced the ulcer again. It's years now.
While not neglecting the importance of seeing a doctor, it's also essentially important to also make our independent researches on certain issues that may be affecting us.

2 Likes

Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by kode12: 3:58pm On Sep 16, 2015
free2ryhme:

Good for you however it will be wise not to encourage this form of self medication through the internet humans are bound to go the extreme.

It is advisable to see a doctor atleast for monitoring purposes and professional advise
Where did the OP state they self medicated? last i checked soybean isnt a medication and even in this case twas on the doctors orders that the parents gave the baby soybean. Congrats OP,and God bless your smart wife for having the thought to research things herself cos sometimes even doctors can worsen a seemingly simple medical condition with uneccessary medication.

1 Like

Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by Dfavouredone: 4:03pm On Sep 16, 2015
kennysteve77:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Wow, while i am very happy for you to know that joy would have returned to you family again, there is another lesson in your story.

Lesson Is good to have a smart wife that can take initiative.

1 Like

Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by bosunjohns(m): 4:07pm On Sep 16, 2015
gbengus17:
INTERNET HAS HELPED ME A LOT IN MANAGING MY DIABETES. I DONT TAKE AN INSULIN AGAIN. I JUST PLACE MY SELF ON DIETS/ LOT OF VEGETABLES/DRINKING LOTS OF WATER AND PHYSICAL EXECISES 2X A DAY AND AM OKAY. MY DOCTOR WAS SHOCKED AND SINCE THEN, I DONT TAKE ANY DRUGS. I EVEN JOINED DIABETES FORUM ONLINE.
Great.

1 Like

Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by ynkthomas: 4:33pm On Sep 16, 2015
free2ryhme:

Did you read the writeup? What self medication are you referring to?

They stopped feeding the baby soy beans and the symptoms slowly disappeared. Is that self medication to you?

2 Likes

Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by ewizard1: 4:41pm On Sep 16, 2015
Like i have always said... My kids would listen to the internet more than their teachers.

Son/Daughter : Dad, our teacher said .....
Me : Really? Have you checked the Internet?

grin

2 Likes

Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by timothybet2(m): 4:45pm On Sep 16, 2015
Good day everyone, here is our won ticket from weekend fixed matches, i congratulate those that subscribed and won with me, my next games are available for this weekend with an odd of 987 and 50 odds, for those who want to partake on my weekend games should call me or add me up on whatsapp with this number 080 6074 5109.

Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by free2ryhme: 4:47pm On Sep 16, 2015
ynkthomas:

Did you read the writeup? What self medication are you referring to?

They stopped feeding the baby soy beans and the symptoms slowly disappeared. Is that self medication to you?

People like u don't know left from right
Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by adanny01(m): 5:15pm On Sep 16, 2015
Internet is a very good tool that helps.

I had my first son assisted by google via www.babycenter.com.

After our wedding we agreed to take at least a 6month period before we got pregnant. Unfortunately, since we are now married there was the urge to drop our usual contraceptive (condoms). With the many unprotected sex we had and 2 months past with no pregnancy, my wife got scared of the worst and wanted to get pregnant immediately but it wasnt happening which made her restless.

I took to google and found baby center. The website gave us specific ovulation days and even EDD (expected date of delivery). There were weekly and montly e mails that track my baby's development. Every thing went perfect as she got pregnant immediately while we enjoyed support from the site.

Our friends a couple got married and went through a 6month ordeal trying to get pregnant. She mentioned to my wife who recommended the site. Armed with day of last period and her usual cycle period she got pregnant immediately just like ours.

My boy is 4 and theirs 3.

2 Likes

Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by refreshrate: 5:25pm On Sep 16, 2015
OP i feel like buying your wife a bottle of beer! grin

If not for her timely God given wisdom those ones would have been treating for infection that only they saw. Pray what then was the blood work carried out for and who interpreted it in such a perverse way?

Seriously take that woman out to dinner this weekend.

For me, na to begin abuse people wey no get sense with na the soyabeans dem give you when you small dey worry you so. grin

The internet, i tell people keeping me off food is no fast, remove internet and im dead.or you want me to stay indoors, provide internet na you go beg me to commot eventually.

Friday last week ran home from work to come and stay with my internet in peace, then the worst happened. DEAR CUSTOMER YOU HAVE USED UP YOUR DATA ALLOCATION KINDLY RELOAD TO CONTINUE ENJOYING INTERNET ACCESS...meanwhile weekends nything i see i like i buy so i have an account with no online anything or ATM card to restrain me. Thats where i keep most of my money. That friday money i had arranged for the entire weekend plus feeding ati gbogboe was just plus 500Naira above subscription renewal cost.

Guy i trekked to where i could get recharge for data o paid the whole money i budgeted for the weekend just to be back online.

Remaining 500Naira wetin concern me?

The weekend was rough indomie and things and the likes but i no send.

if i had food and money on me with no internet i would have been miserable.

If anything comes to my head for answer google.com straight so tay even calculations now na on top google.

I have this app someone introduced to me on NL here called modbro on my phone. More TV stations than dstv will ever imagine, so when awon olori buruku take light and i need to watch tv modbro connect and bamn! im on! stopped paying subscriptions to Tiyamiyu savage people, better make i use the money pay for internet subscription and since my modem is the portable kind nothing like rushing home to catch anything when im out.

TV series i dont catch on modbro torrentz is there.

in fact im begging dstv to increase price by 50% again wetin consign me? awon werey

Just wish we could have the kind of service cost sky has in the UK, na that one go finish everything.

Once again my salute to your wife and congratulations on the baby getting better.

2 Likes

Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by kennethchidi(m): 5:52pm On Sep 16, 2015
taiwolusol:
Heard of BabyFix?

Goto BabayFix.com

You (and your Baby) thank me later wink
u nor c as I prostrate dey thank u! akpamu!
Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by mekybabe1: 6:08pm On Sep 16, 2015
Knowledge is power grin. I am happy for u two.

1 Like

Re: How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health by donodion(m): 6:13pm On Sep 16, 2015
kennysteve77:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Dear op..thank you for sharing this us. Spreading the word already..........

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

CJN Tanko Muhammad Tests Positive For COVID-19 / Lagos Lady Dies After Drinking Insecticide / Unsafe Skin Whiteners...beware!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.