Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Beware Of This Fraudulent Act! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Beware Of This Fraudulent Act! (441 Views)

Fraudulent Act By Bet9ja / How To Identify A Fraudulent Online Store / Giving Women Quotas For "Representation" Is Discriminatory And Fraudulent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of This Fraudulent Act! by Mekzmoney(m): 10:37am On Sep 16, 2015
The rate at which 9ja guys are really desperate to make money always baffles me.
Last month,a guy sent me a request on bbm, using a white man picture and told me that he's from UK and he works in manchester. He asked about myself which I gladly told him, thinking that I was chatting with oyibo grin...
He told me that he had a 7yr old son and he's a gay. He asked me if I have a laptop and I said no and he promised to send me a laptop, iphone and some cash. (That's when I loose interest because no man would send such things on the first day he knew someone, but I still played along).He also asked me if there's other things I need and I told him that I'm ok with the lapi n d fone.
He asked for my full name, phone number and my address and I shared it immediately (as long as it doesn't involve money cheesy).
He said he would send them after work and he ping me and told me that he has sent it. The next day, I got a text msg in my phone in the evening that my parcel is in abuja and that I should call them.
I called and there said I have to come down from lagos to abuja or better still,I should send 7500 for them to send it down to lagos. I told them to send the address so that my friend in abuja would get it for me, but they said he can't claim it for security reasons.
I told a friend and he started laughing, telling me that its 419. That it has happened to his friend, so I got angry and deleted the man from my bbm.

Why I shared this with my fellow N'landers is because the IDIOT added me again today and I decided to play along as I don't have anything doing. He used the same technique. But this time, I called and asked the lady that picked the call to call me back, that its urgent, and when she called,she told me that they are in abuja. I told them that I based in abuja and that she should text me the address let me come and pick the parcel myself and she said I have to pay the 7500 for home delivery. I heard a male voice in the background,telling her what to say. I wanted to say "U BE IDIOT" and she ended the call. I sent a msg to them and I believe you should know the content of the msg. grin

This is the contact: 07054654294.
I forgot to copy the bbm pin but his username name is Mr Brooks with oyibo pix on his dp.

So we should be very alert so that you don't fall a victim.
Re: Beware Of This Fraudulent Act! by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 16, 2015
Desperate guys, These guys don't just want to work again. Scams everywhere. When some of us are out there hustling and praying for better days. *smh*

1 Like

Re: Beware Of This Fraudulent Act! by JewelRegi(f): 10:52am On Sep 16, 2015
Heheheheheheheheheeeeehhhhhleeeee
Re: Beware Of This Fraudulent Act! by Abbeyme: 10:59am On Sep 16, 2015
Outside world is not smiling ooo. People are jobless and wants to live big...
Re: Beware Of This Fraudulent Act! by waleyp(m): 11:10am On Sep 16, 2015
Money must be made locally and internationally lol

(1) (Reply)

plss Help!! My 9 Years Old Relative / Fce Zaria Dean, Wife 2 Others Died In Accident. / 24 Karat Gold Bicycle That Cost US$1 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.