Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Armed Robbers Stole Materials I Used During Rivers Elections - Gesilah Khan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Armed Robbers Stole Materials I Used During Rivers Elections - Gesilah Khan (1924 Views)

Hisbah Seizes Musical Instruments Used During Gov Tambuwal Daughter's Wedding / INEC, Police, Army Culpable In Rivers Elections Violence — Report / INEC Releases 10 Results, Suspends Rivers Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Armed Robbers Stole Materials I Used During Rivers Elections - Gesilah Khan by theV0ice: 3:42pm On Sep 16, 2015
Tuesday, September 15th at the Rivers state election tribunal

The Resident Electoral Commisioner incharge of Rivers State Dame Gesilah Khan today through a documents submitted by Counsel to the Commision stated that the whole electoral Materials used during the conduct of the Rivers South East Senatorial District election was carted away immediately results were announced

The first respondent (INEC), through its counsel had brought to the tribunal a letter purportedly written by Dame Gesila Khan, the Resident Electoral Commissioner of INEC in Rivers State, with a police extract as an attachment thereto, informing the tribunal the reason why she cannot bring the ballot papers used in Rivers South-East Senatorial District during the National Assembly election of the 28th of March, 2015.
In that letter dated 13th of April, 2015, the REC had purportedly stated that all the ballot papers used for the said election were stolen by unknown persons, and therefore, the INEC is no longer in a position to produce them in court. Attached to the letter was purported police extract confirming the theft.

The Petitioner's counsel, Afolabi SAN, however vigorously objected to the letter on the grounds that it has been in existence since the 13th of April, 2015, even before the petitioner filed his petition. The counsel also stressed that at the time the first respondent responded to the petition of the petitioner, the letter was also in existence, yet, no mention or reference was made to it in the response.
He further argued that by virtue of paragraph 12 of the first schedule to the Electoral Act, the letter cannot be admitted into evidence at this stage of the trial.

Counsels to the first, second and third respondents objected to the argument of the Petitioner's counsel and urged their Lordships to discountenance it on the ground that what determines admissibility of evidence is its relevance. Particularly, Okey Wali (SAN), counsel to the second respondent argued that the documents in question were subpoenaed at the instance of the petitioner, and therefore the petitioner can't object to admitting same into evidence. Afolabi (SAN) retorted that the subpoenaed documents were ballot papers and sensitive INEC documents, not a letter from the REC or police extract.

Delivering its ruling, the tribunal upheld the objection of the Petitioner's counsel on the ground that the Police extract was not signed, and that the letter purportedly written by Gesila Khan was not which the first respondent counsel sought to tender was not a certified true copy.
The letter was therefore jettisoned, rejected and marked as inadmissible by the tribunal.
The effect of this ruling is that INEC cannot show any ballot papers as votes scored by Olaka Wogu in the National Assembly election of 28th of March, 2015.

Recall that INEC declared Sen.Olaka Wogu of the PDP,winner of the march 28th Senatorial Election in Rivers,and a paltry votes was allocated to Senator Magnus Abe of the APC

http://www.puoreports.com/2015/09/arm-robbers-stole-materials-i-used.html
Re: Armed Robbers Stole Materials I Used During Rivers Elections - Gesilah Khan by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 16, 2015
Ok
Re: Armed Robbers Stole Materials I Used During Rivers Elections - Gesilah Khan by NgeneUkwenu(f): 3:44pm On Sep 16, 2015
grin

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Stole Materials I Used During Rivers Elections - Gesilah Khan by ddippset(m): 3:45pm On Sep 16, 2015
Gesilia Kan should be a room mate to diezanni Alison maduekwe at gwantanamo. Thank God Obama hasnt demolished yet.

2 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Stole Materials I Used During Rivers Elections - Gesilah Khan by yimikaa: 3:48pm On Sep 16, 2015
cool
Re: Armed Robbers Stole Materials I Used During Rivers Elections - Gesilah Khan by SeverusSnape(m): 3:49pm On Sep 16, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
grin
Bros madam grin
Re: Armed Robbers Stole Materials I Used During Rivers Elections - Gesilah Khan by Alphaoscar: 3:50pm On Sep 16, 2015
That REC of a woman is a disgrace to her family.

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Stole Materials I Used During Rivers Elections - Gesilah Khan by kazmanbanjoko(m): 3:52pm On Sep 16, 2015
See talk
Re: Armed Robbers Stole Materials I Used During Rivers Elections - Gesilah Khan by alcmene: 3:54pm On Sep 16, 2015
APC robbers am sure

party of violent and unruly PDP drop-outs

I hate Buhari for deceiving the gullible minds

Re: Armed Robbers Stole Materials I Used During Rivers Elections - Gesilah Khan by theV0ice: 3:59pm On Sep 16, 2015
Why did Wike throw all caution to the wind in his rigging of an election he was by all considerations poised to win?? (my opinion anyway)

Was it simply to justify the arbitrary results allocated on March 28th?

It beggars belief the extent he, Khan, PEJ and the security forces took it to.

Well......i wish them goodluck in their defence of it all cool

Edit:Lalasticlala.....can this be promoted to FP?
Re: Armed Robbers Stole Materials I Used During Rivers Elections - Gesilah Khan by franchizy(m): 4:50pm On Sep 16, 2015
PDP were destined to win the elections without rigging or violence.
Im suprise the extent PEJ, WIKE and the REC took the elections too.
How can a REC say sensitive materials were stolen after results were anounced and she has in her possession a police extract not signed.
I think with this the tribunal will have no choice than to declare the petitioner as the winner of the senatorial election.
I still dont believe wike can win a re-run election.
His weakness shall
NO POLICE
NO DSS
NO MILITARY
NO CIVIL DEFENSE

And finally the APC might take the advantages of been in the centre and control of the security agancies to over run wike and the PDP.

My thoughts though.
Re: Armed Robbers Stole Materials I Used During Rivers Elections - Gesilah Khan by theV0ice: 4:56pm On Sep 16, 2015
franchizy:
How can a REC say sensitive materials were stolen after results were anounced and she has in her possession a police extract not signed.
I think with this the tribunal will have no choice than to declare the petitioner as the winner of the senatorial election.
His weakness shall
NO POLICE
NO DSS
NO MILITARY
NO CIVIL DEFENSE

And finally the APC might take the advantages of been in the centre and control of the security agancies to over run wike and the PDP.

My thoughts though.

Honestly the mindless rigging is annoying but knowing Wike since his days as Obio/Akpor LGA chairman, no one should be overly surprised

I will be disappointed if the bold happens in the event that the tribunal orders a re-run.

Anyway, The tribunal is still sitting and anything can still happen depending on the brilliance, intelligence and cunning of the 3 lawyers representing the respondents.

The law is still an a$$ cool
Re: Armed Robbers Stole Materials I Used During Rivers Elections - Gesilah Khan by modath(f): 5:08pm On Sep 16, 2015
franchizy:
His weakness shall
NO POLICE
NO DSS
NO MILITARY
NO CIVIL DEFENSE

My thoughts though.

I agree with you minus the APC federal might angle..

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Stole Materials I Used During Rivers Elections - Gesilah Khan by franchizy(m): 5:49pm On Sep 16, 2015
modath:

I agree with you minus the APC federal might angle..

You are right. Its just thought though as no one can be trusted in politics.

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Stole Materials I Used During Rivers Elections - Gesilah Khan by Alphaoscar: 5:49pm On Sep 16, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
grin

Another product of GEJ's transformation! She suppose transform to a REC in kirikiri

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Stole Materials I Used During Rivers Elections - Gesilah Khan by Alphaoscar: 5:54pm On Sep 16, 2015
Lala di lalasticala baba, wetin dey happen? Are you on strike ni? Plenty soup don dey read for dispatching to the FP. Come do the needful Bro.

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Stole Materials I Used During Rivers Elections - Gesilah Khan by franchizy(m): 5:56pm On Sep 16, 2015
theV0ice:

Honestly the mindless rigging is annoying but knowing Wike since his days as Obio/Akpor LGA chairman, no one should be overly surprised

I will be disappointed if the bold happens in the event that the tribunal orders a re-run.

Anyway, The tribunal is still sitting and anything can still happen depending on the brilliance, intelligence and cunning of the 3 lawyers representing the respondents.

The law is still an a$$ cool

My dear politics is dirty in Nigeria and for the fact that majority of the gamblers in APC were PDP members in the past, i doubt wike and PDP chances of winning a re-run.
Honestly wike and PDP messed up their golden opportunity.
Let Rivers people decide, i fear their might be an alliance against wike hingeing on the upland and Riverine philosophy.
The Riverines and the ogonis might turn there back against wike and vote for their own.
My thought though.

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Stole Materials I Used During Rivers Elections - Gesilah Khan by modath(f): 5:57pm On Sep 16, 2015
franchizy:

You are right. Its just thought though as no one can be trusted in politics.

Sure, but PMB will not fall into that trap.

If Riverians prefer Wike,its their lot but he should get the seat responsibly & FAIRLY..

Too much blood was shed!!!
Re: Armed Robbers Stole Materials I Used During Rivers Elections - Gesilah Khan by philips70(m): 5:57pm On Sep 16, 2015
I think this woman might just find her way to jail one day with the way events are going. She must have been paid heavily to take all this risk and also never envisaged the PDP will not win the presidential elections. Now she really have to battle hard to save herself. But coming to swear under oath all ballot papers used in a senatorial election were carted away by hoodlums after announcing someone winner is a risk taken too far. God help her, because when the hammer will fall on her not even the cry of witch hunt by the PDP will save her.

3 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Stole Materials I Used During Rivers Elections - Gesilah Khan by franchizy(m): 6:04pm On Sep 16, 2015
modath:

Sure, but PMB will not fall into that trap.

If Riverians prefer Wike,its their lot but he should get the seat responsibly & FAIRLY..

Too much blood was shed!!!

I totally agree with you but i fear there might be an alliance against wike by the riverines.

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Stole Materials I Used During Rivers Elections - Gesilah Khan by franchizy(m): 6:06pm On Sep 16, 2015
philips70:
I think this woman might just find her way to jail one day with the way events are going. She must have been paid heavily to take all this risk and also never envisaged the PDP will not win the presidential primaries. Now she really have to battle hard to save herself. But coming to swear under oath all ballot papers used in a senatorial election were carted away by hoodlums after announcing someone winner is a risk taken too far. God help her, because when the hammer will fall on her not even the cry of witch hunt by the PDP will save her.

God bless you for this post. i pray our wailing wailers dont evade this thread and attack youfor saying the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Stole Materials I Used During Rivers Elections - Gesilah Khan by philips70(m): 6:15pm On Sep 16, 2015
franchizy:

God bless you for this post. i pray our wailing wailers dont evade this thread and attack you for saying the truth.

The original wailing wailers know I take no prisoners. They are fully aware. No tata for nyornyor.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Judge Who Tried To Stop Saraki’s Arraignment Had Played Dubious Role Before / Hmm, this restaurant insists employees should dress half-naked to promote sales! / Saraki:To Hell With Morality, Senate Tells Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.