Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,098 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

Goat Farming - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Goat Farming (16426 Views)

Some Body Help Me About Goat Farming / Why Doesnt Anyone Do Goat Farming? / Goat Farming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goat Farming by igelomo(m): 6:58pm On Apr 10, 2009
Hello,
I am a young graduate who intends to start an animal husbandry farm in nigeria.I specifically want to invest in goat farming. Does any one have an idea or a kind of advice for me on starting out.PLs you culd reach me here on niraland o my mail ewuoso_adeyombo@yahoo.com

Ade.
Re: Goat Farming by Thethy(m): 11:34am On Jun 27, 2009
Re: Goat Farming by ifyalways(f): 11:48am On Jun 28, 2009
A graduate intrested in Goat farming/animal husbandry? shocked
Thats the first am hearing of it,u are really courageous.wish u all da best ! ! !
Re: Goat Farming by Fhemmmy: 7:03pm On Jun 30, 2009
good luck dude but with any animal husbandry in Nigeria, you will need a lot of patience
Re: Goat Farming by stagger: 8:20pm On Jun 30, 2009
I am about to go into cattle business, thanks to one of my staff who reared cows as a young boy. we are thinking of buying cows somewhere at the rate of between N35,000 to N120,000 per head, and reselling same at double the price in Abuja.

I've seen cows going for as much as N250,000 per head. For those who do not know, ex-Ghanaian international Nee Odartey Lamptey is into cow business. Animal husbandry is good business, but like any other business, you need a marketing plan to properly dispose of your stock getting your cash at hand and not having people owing you up and down.

Go for it my brother!

1 Like

Re: Goat Farming by mount1ng(m): 4:45pm On Jan 18, 2011
This is a very lucrative business. All you need is space and location. You can multiply your stock 3 to 4 times in a year. Carry go.
Re: Goat Farming by Thethy(m): 7:10pm On Jan 20, 2011
Where to buy your grasscutters and snails: THE THY SNAIL & GRASSCUTTER FARMS, Tel: 08023050835, 07033632285.

Re: Goat Farming by Thethy(m): 7:13pm On Jan 20, 2011
Where to buy your grasscutters and snails: THE THY SNAIL & GRASSCUTTER FARMS, Tel: 08023050835, 07033632285.

Re: Goat Farming by steel5800(m): 12:07am On Jan 21, 2011
ifyalways:

A graduate intrested in Goat farming/animal husbandry? shocked
Thats the first am hearing of it,u are really courageous.wish u all da best ! ! !

Now come on. I'am a graduate of computer science with 2:1 honors but I presently own a small fish farm, thinking of expanding like 300% in say march or april. Yeah and I also have plans of going into cattle, goats, poultry(I tried this before and its very profitable), etc

@Thethy; I didn't hear from you again
Re: Goat Farming by Thethy(m): 11:22am On Jan 21, 2011
@  steel5800,

Please,what was our last discussion.

Thank you.
Re: Goat Farming by zogo(m): 1:59pm On Jan 21, 2011
My brother, when there are graduates flooded over the whole place with very few jobs for these graduates, it then boils down to the critical question- why do government/schools admit more than they can employ after graduation? Well, gone are the days when people wait for non existent government jobs. Anything can be a job to you. Good you understand this fact by considering the goat farming idea. Myself i have a degree in Political/Administration, but i don't think, i have the patience for those non-existing jobs. I do Heliculture (Snail Farming) on Part Time coupled with other businesses.

You can incorprate Heliculture to your goatfarming and watch the profit yearly. Snail farmig is as simple as ABC if only you follow the practical guides. All you need to know about Heliculture and succed is downloaded here for you. follow the link: www.snailfarmingng..com

1 Like

Re: Goat Farming by oludashmi(f): 2:19pm On Jan 21, 2011
Hi poster,
I love your courage
Sometinmes, the reason some pple remain stagnant is just cos they cant think outside the box

I did some online searching after reading your post and came up with these:

http://www.startupbizhub.com/startup-goat-farming-business.htm

http://www.cassavabiz.org/agroenterprise/ent%20images/goat_01.pdf

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/wealth-creation-thru-agric/1923-goat-farming-1

You will need to do more online search, talk to pple one-on-one (you may not disclose your intention) and you could devote a month to work in an husbandry for a little pay or without pay, just for you to achieve your goal.

1 Like

Re: Goat Farming by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 21, 2011
@igelomo

smart move, i am personally saving tons of capital and hope with time i could join you very soon. i need this as secondary income generating biz.
i have a friend who is down at ilaro, ogun state, he has his own goat farm, and some herds of cows and he recently boast of making a net profit of 2.5 mil every month.
he started with just 50 goats, and he almost regretted it and would complain bitterly daily, but today he's acquired about 11 acres of land and has over 500 goats.
the goats and cows are cheaper to rear because they consume mostly soy and beans waste which you get cheaply at ketu per ton and they also consume grasses which is as good as free, but you need a good link in either chad or the north where you can consecutively pack them at immature age. that way, its dirt cheap. you only spend on transporting them down to where you have your farm in either ikorodu or ifo, etc.
and a fully matured wild goat goes as atleast for #10,000 at the market, maturity of wild goats take 3 months, and feeds is extremely cheap.
cows take about 8 months depending on provision of soy waste and fresh grass. a small calf goes for around #40k to #50k and sells for atleast #120,000 at maturity, the older the cows get, the more expensive it becomes. we recently purchased an 11 month old cow for #320,000 from my same friend for a burial.
but note; location and security is the key, and knowing all the local abattoirs will help a lot,

its a great biz, but its front loaded, you need plenty capital, and lots of patience, and ofcourse, experience,
i advice you to find a young mallam you trust who has done the job, partner with him on some tiny percentage; give him accommodation on the farm and watch yourself becomes the next multimillionaire in no time. i have a blueprint for this business, im still battling with the poultry biz im running with my construction profession, next stop is the husbandry biz.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goat Farming by steel5800(m): 12:05am On Jan 22, 2011
@Thethy: about the Freight Forwarder stuff
Re: Goat Farming by igelomo(m): 5:45pm On Mar 31, 2011
Its been a while i posted this comment, do u guys believe i just intend
aasog1:

@igelomo

smart move, i am personally saving tons of capital and hope with time i could join you very soon. i need this as secondary income generating biz.
i have a friend who is down at ilaro, ogun state, he has his own goat farm, and some herds of cows and he recently boast of making a net profit of 2.5 mil every month.
he started with just 50 goats, and he almost regretted it and would complain bitterly daily, but today he's acquired about 11 acres of land and has over 500 goats.
the goats and cows are cheaper to rear because they consume mostly soy and beans waste which you get cheaply at ketu per ton and they also consume grasses which is as good as free, but you need a good link in either chad or the north where you can consecutively pack them at immature age. that way, its dirt cheap. you only spend on transporting them down to where you have your farm in either ikorodu or ifo, etc.
and a fully matured wild goat goes as atleast for #10,000 at the market, maturity of wild goats take 3 months, and feeds is extremely cheap.
cows take about 8 months depending on provision of soy waste and fresh grass. a small calf goes for around #40k to #50k and sells for atleast #120,000 at maturity, the older the cows get, the more expensive it becomes. we recently purchased an 11 month old cow for #320,000 from my same friend for a burial.
but note; location and security is the key, and knowing all the local abattoirs will help a lot,

its a great biz, but its front loaded, you need plenty capital, and lots of patience, and ofcourse, experience,
i advice you to find a young mallam you trust who has done the job, partner with him on some tiny percentage; give him accommodation on the farm and watch yourself becomes the next multimillionaire in no time. i have a blueprint for this business, im still battling with the poultry biz im running with my construction profession, next stop is the husbandry biz.
to start out now/ the reason was because i needed to understand the terrain very well but off i goo
Re: Goat Farming by Thethy(m): 6:49pm On Mar 31, 2011
Re: Goat Farming by babaijesha: 2:53pm On Jun 10, 2011
D
Thethy:

Good day,

See: http://goatfarming.tripod.com
e

Do you have an idea of any comm goat farm in Nigeria ? I need to visit one and see live farm management!

Igelomo - there is a knowledge based online certification program on comm goat meat production in US university, u can download it freely or complete the program and paid a small amount of money for the certification. The program is very informative for a beginner and includes basic farm budgets on Xcel for such biz.
Re: Goat Farming by Nobody: 12:53am On Aug 26, 2011
babaijesha,

where is the site to your message on d online certification course.
Re: Goat Farming by xtayle(m): 3:07pm On Sep 13, 2011
Does anyone have knowledge based suggestion on how much it takes to start animal husbandry from scratch to profit.

I like to includes goats and cows. Detail technicalities will be appreciated. xtayle@gmail.com
Re: Goat Farming by babaijesha: 5:10pm On Sep 13, 2011
xtayle:

Does anyone have knowledge based suggestion on how much it takes to start animal husbandry from scratch to profit.

I like to includes goats and cows. Detail technicalities will be appreciated. xtayle@gmail.com

This is diffilcult to get as u hardly see any big time commercial animal husbandry farm ard. Though we have farms up in the North, most of them are handled by Fulanis and record keeping is done in the primitive way,
Re: Goat Farming by xtayle(m): 5:23pm On Sep 13, 2011
I feel you.

That will mean trying through errors. Meanwhile someone somewhere have done it in the south without our knowledge. We hope that someone will visit this thread soon and throw light on it so we dont have to re-invent the wheel.

1 Like

Re: Goat Farming by ihedioramma: 8:58pm On Dec 21, 2012
i want to go into goat farming some body help me on ihedioramma@yahoo.ca
Re: Goat Farming by aAK1(m): 7:53am On Dec 22, 2012
I must tell u guys the very truth.goat is not a profitable venture except they are free ranged.I would advice u go for rams and ships.cows r also good
Re: Goat Farming by osca123(m): 9:52am On Dec 22, 2012
a.A.K:
I must tell u guys the very truth.goat is not a profitable venture except they are free ranged.I would advice u go for rams and ships.cows r also good
what are ur reasons? Because i ve seen people into d biz
Re: Goat Farming by ihedioramma: 10:29pm On Dec 24, 2012
OK MY BROTHER THANK'S FOR UR POST FOR ME TO STOP GOAT FARM . AND NOW PLS TEACH ME HOW TO BRING UP RAM,SHIP E.T.C AND SELL FOR PROFIT AND HOW EVERY THING WORKS AND THD FOOD THAT MAKE THEM BIG ,
Re: Goat Farming by osca123(m): 8:00am On Dec 25, 2012
ihedioramma: OK MY BROTHER THANK'S FOR UR POST FOR ME TO STOP GOAT FARM . AND NOW PLS TEACH ME HOW TO BRING UP RAM,SHIP E.T.C AND SELL FOR PROFIT AND HOW EVERY THING WORKS AND THD FOOD THAT MAKE THEM BIG ,
are u into it already? Wat are ur experiences so far...like ur housing method or are u using free range method?
Re: Goat Farming by ihedioramma: 9:48pm On Dec 25, 2012
I AM NOT INTO IT NOW. BOUT I NEED SOME ONE THAT WILL TEACH ME ABOUT IT AND ALL IT TALKS TO BRING THEM UP FOR SELL
Re: Goat Farming by ihedioramma: 8:33pm On Jan 28, 2013
osca123:
are u into it already? Wat are ur experiences so far...like ur housing method or are u using free range method?
Re: Goat Farming by Samc3: 12:39pm On Mar 04, 2013
Goat Farming business is a profitable venture for you because goats do not need high maintenance and are relatively cheap to tend.

The returns are great since almost every part of the goat can be used.

Its meat is sought-after, its wool is utilized to create sweaters and jackets and most importantly, its milk is harvested.

You can find more information about goat farming here:

http://www.how-to-start-guides.com/how-to-start-a-goat-farming-business

Have a good reading
Re: Goat Farming by pyx: 1:33pm On Mar 04, 2013
This Is Interesting But Unfortunately Most Graduate Do More Talking Than Action. I Ve Posted Sometimes How I am making My Millions. Many Called From NairaLand But Could Not Do What Am Doing. animal fattening is good my broda.

1 Like

Re: Goat Farming by ihedioramma: 7:07pm On Mar 04, 2013
MY BROS TEACH ME HOW I CAN START AND HOW I WILL MAKE COOL MONEY FROM IT. AND THERE FOODS, WHAT FOODS MAKE THEM BIG ? LIKE HOW MANY ONE CAN BORN? E.T.C

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dangote Faults Kenya Over Corruption: Is Kenya More Corrupt Than Nigeria? / How To Get Sponsorship Deals For Your Events And Projects / Tony Elumelu & UBA Staffs In Happy In Selfies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.