Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,030 members, 7,821,568 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Hameed Ali Goes Tough, Sends DSS After Corrupt Customs Officers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hameed Ali Goes Tough, Sends DSS After Corrupt Customs Officers (1257 Views)

Photos Of Hameed Ali Answering Questions In The Senate Today / Senators Hold Close Door Meeting With Customs Boss Hameed Ali. Photos / Ikenga Imo Ugochinyere Released By DSS After A Month In Detention. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hameed Ali Goes Tough, Sends DSS After Corrupt Customs Officers by skak(m): 4:41pm On Sep 16, 2015
Customs Comptroller-General, Hameed Ali has requested for the files of serving Customs officers found to have been involved in corrupt practices in the past with a view to determining their fate over the next few days.

Ali, who formally resumed duties as the new Customs boss on Thursday said that President Muhammadu Buhari gave him a three-point mandate to reform, restructure and boost Customs revenue.

“The mandate he has given me are three basic things: go to Customs, reform Customs, restructure Customs and increase the revenue generation, simple. I don’t think that is ambiguous, I don’t think that is cumbersome. It is precise and I believe that is what all of you are here to do,” Ali told Customs officers in Abuja on Thursday.

In fulfilling the mandate, SHIPS & PORTS DAILY gathered that Ali, over the weekend, in addition to demanding for the files of top officers of the NCS especially those from the ranks of Comptrollers and above, also reportedly enlisted the support of the Department for State Security (DSS) to investigate top Customs officers especially Customs Area Controllers, Assistant Comptroller-Generals and Deputy Comptroller-Generals to track down their wealth and property across the country.

“It goes beyond sacking them. Many of them will forfeit illegally acquired property to government in addition to losing their jobs. Some will also be prosecuted. It is the beginning of a new era in Customs. It can no longer be business as usual,” a source at the Presidency told SHIPS & PORTS DAILY.

The source said President Buhari was particularly concerned about high level of corrupt in the NCS and the perception that “Customs is one of the most corrupt agencies in the country”.

It was also gathered that a mass purge is imminent in the Service as part of efforts to carry out the President’s directive.

It was also gathered that the past Customs Comptroller-General, Dikko Abdullahi’s tenure will be probed with a view to recovering lost revenue.

Ali has also reportedly directed the implementation of zero tolerance for smuggling, underdeclaration and Customs duty evasion.

“Any importer or agent found culpable for any of these acts going forward will be prosecuted. No more slap on the wrist as it used to happen in the past,” a Customs officer who did not want his name in print told SHIPS & PORTS DAILY

http://shipsandports.com.ng/ali-goes-tough-sends-dss-after-corrupt-customs-officers/

Lalasticlala

Re: Hameed Ali Goes Tough, Sends DSS After Corrupt Customs Officers by bluaero(m): 4:42pm On Sep 16, 2015
ehen
Re: Hameed Ali Goes Tough, Sends DSS After Corrupt Customs Officers by Mutuwa(m): 4:43pm On Sep 16, 2015
embarassed

this kind face no need make up to act horror scene.
nice job man.
Re: Hameed Ali Goes Tough, Sends DSS After Corrupt Customs Officers by OZAOEKPE(f): 4:44pm On Sep 16, 2015
"1983 style".
Re: Hameed Ali Goes Tough, Sends DSS After Corrupt Customs Officers by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 16, 2015
Wow! Good job sir

GOD bless CCG Hameed Ali

GOD bless PMB/PYO for bringing this man

GOD bless Nigeria. Haters and Wailers can go and die for all we(sane) Nigerians care.
Re: Hameed Ali Goes Tough, Sends DSS After Corrupt Customs Officers by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 16, 2015
cry
Re: Hameed Ali Goes Tough, Sends DSS After Corrupt Customs Officers by daniska3yaro(m): 4:47pm On Sep 16, 2015
The rise of the kaduna mafia empire.
Re: Hameed Ali Goes Tough, Sends DSS After Corrupt Customs Officers by GboyegaD(m): 4:57pm On Sep 16, 2015
This is how you know people who mean business.
Re: Hameed Ali Goes Tough, Sends DSS After Corrupt Customs Officers by asha80(m): 4:58pm On Sep 16, 2015
I hope this man is covered by enough odieshi and otumokpo this one he invited dss to track any properties or wealth of top customs men around the country

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali Goes Tough, Sends DSS After Corrupt Customs Officers by nwaanambra1(m): 5:33pm On Sep 16, 2015
asha80:
I hope this man is covered by enough odieshi and otumokpo this one he invited dss to track any properties or wealth of top customs men around the country

the man's face on its own is mega odeshi! any other odeshi dey fear him cheesy

his face alone is enough to scare the devil out of anybody! his reputation is causing serious stomach purge among the customs ogas! grin

u need to see how scared they all are! go to customs headquarters at area 1, the silence there is like a grave yard despite all the poeple in the premises! wetin dey fear them pass be say them say the new comprollers own na straith to jail after him don consficate everything from you - say abeg no dey him dictionary! lipsrsealed

i pity the custom officer's men! the gbege wey dey their side now no get part two! cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali Goes Tough, Sends DSS After Corrupt Customs Officers by asha80(m): 5:41pm On Sep 16, 2015
nwaanambra1:

the man's face on its own is mega odeshi! any other odeshi dey fear him cheesy

his face alone is enough to scare the devil out of anybody! his reputation is causing serious stomach purge among the customs ogas! grin

u need to see how scared they all are! go to customs headquarters at area 1, the silence there is like a grave yard despite all the poeple in the premises! wetin dey fear them pass be say them say the new comprollers own na straith to jail after him don consficate everything from you - say abeg no dey him dictionary! lipsrsealed

i pity the custom officer's men! the gbege wey dey their side now no get part two! cheesy grin
you do business around or within customs I guess...heard that this man is actually more hardened and mean than buhari self..even from the article he wants to look into the previous comptroller (dikko) administration...i wonder how dikko would be feeling now...i have heard countless stories of juju scare in that customs na why I ask if yhis man get enough odieshi to withstand wetin go come because I know say those corrupt custom guys no go down without a fight

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali Goes Tough, Sends DSS After Corrupt Customs Officers by Realdeals(m): 5:50pm On Sep 16, 2015
This change dey sweet o. PMB mission is reset Nigeria.
Re: Hameed Ali Goes Tough, Sends DSS After Corrupt Customs Officers by nwaanambra1(m): 5:57pm On Sep 16, 2015
asha80:
you do business around or within customs I guess...heard that this man is actually more hardened and mean than buhari self..even from the article he wants to look into the previous comptroller (dikko) administration...i wonder how dikko would be feeling now...i have heard countless stories of juju scare in that customs na why I ask if yhis man get enough odieshi to withstand wetin go come because I know say those corrupt custom guys no go down without a fight

there is this very funny story going round at customs now - it is rumoured that a top customs officer from the southwest - let me not mention his name - went to his babalawos to ask for charms to make the CG to over look any of his issues, they said that the first babalawo screamed out loud and ran out of his shrine as the shrine caught fire when he mentioned the CG's name to his juju! similar thing happend to other babalawo's that he visited! they said the big oga has taken sick leave since the resumption of the new CG! grin

All of the ogas are so scared now that they dont knw the fate that will befail them. some are even saying that if its only retirement, they wouldnt be worried - but what scares them the most is wht follows after retirement! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali Goes Tough, Sends DSS After Corrupt Customs Officers by asha80(m): 6:07pm On Sep 16, 2015
nwaanambra1:

there is this very funny story going round at customs now - it is rumoured that a top customs officer from the southwest - let me not mention his name - went to his babalawos to ask for charms to make the CG to over look any of his issues, they said that the first babalawo screamed out loud and ran out of his shrine as the shrine caught fire when he mentioned the CG's name to his juju! similar thing happend to other babalawo's that he visited! they said the big oga has taken sick leave since the resumption of the new CG! grin

All of the ogas are so scared now that they dont knw the fate that will befail them. some are even saying that if its only retirement, they wouldnt be worried - but what scares them the most is wht follows after retirement! cheesy
haha very funny and grim at the same time...i think genuine importers and exporters would be happy with this man's appointment
Re: Hameed Ali Goes Tough, Sends DSS After Corrupt Customs Officers by emzila(m): 6:07pm On Sep 16, 2015
the genesis
Re: Hameed Ali Goes Tough, Sends DSS After Corrupt Customs Officers by hedonistic: 6:58pm On Sep 16, 2015
Let's see whether this man can successfully take on the entire confraternity of Customs officers - who collectively have endless ways and means at their disposal.

It would most likely be a futile and perhaps ultimately fatal undertaking.

(1) (Reply)

All Biafrans Sign This Pitition: A Call To Boycott Buhari And British-nigeria / Live, Saraki Leads Ministerial Screening Despite Silly Reports / Is South South people Now Enemy Of Ibo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.