Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,281 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Mary J Blige Vs Mariah Carey (mimi) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Mary J Blige Vs Mariah Carey (mimi) (885 Views)

2face And Mary.j Blige New Song / Power Of Naija 2face Idibia Ft. Mary J. Blige / Tuface Records Single With Mary J Blige. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mary J Blige Vs Mariah Carey (mimi) by saintkola(m): 12:23am On Oct 06, 2006
whos got it going on big time as per talent, beauty, character etc. any gists on any of them ?
Re: Mary J Blige Vs Mariah Carey (mimi) by drrionelli(m): 9:11pm On Oct 19, 2006
Are we comparing just the two you've mentioned? Or, are we considering others in the same genre?
Re: Mary J Blige Vs Mariah Carey (mimi) by saintkola(m): 11:43pm On Oct 19, 2006
just these two
Re: Mary J Blige Vs Mariah Carey (mimi) by drrionelli(m): 5:29pm On Oct 20, 2006
Well, beauty is much more subjective than talent.  I think both ladies are attractive in their own ways.

As to talent, I personally feel there is no contest.  Mariah has vocal ability that is amazing!   I'll go as far as to say that she has more voice than she needs for the type of music she performs!

In fact, that's a frustration for me when it comes to Mariah.  I like her music and all, but there's really not a lot of substance to it.  So she ends up doing all those vocal acrobatics in her songs.  And, it's not so much the ultra-high whistle-register notes she sings (which are very impressive   shocked) but rather all those unnecessary melismatic flourishes that make the song seem overwrought. It's like she's trying too hard to make the song sound like it's saying something.   But, again, that's just a matter of taste.

Character?  Of course I can't comment as I know neither of them, but I wish they'd both dump the "diva" thing.  It has become a bit silly for them and tiring for the rest of us.

(1) (Reply)

The Hottest Hip Hop Album By A Nigerian! / Flava's (d Nu Sound Of Naija) Launch On 9raland! / What Kanye West Said On Ema

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.