Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,530 members, 7,865,197 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 01:47 PM

Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB (33151 Views)

A Reply To Reno Omokri By Lauretta Onochie On Hillary Clinton's Election Funding / Some Ministers Are Squatting In Abuja - Amaechi / Buhari's Ministers Are Practical, Energetic And Of Good Reputation~The Economist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by bashydemy(m): 11:16am On Sep 17, 2015
hinwazaka:
You can google NOI's wikipedia page in 2008. Maybe that will help you reach a conclusion.
You see where you fail, she was appointed in 2006 by OBJ and then she wasn't a politician, she works with world bank then. She only join PDP fully after being appointed minsiter.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by Sagamite(m): 11:19am On Sep 17, 2015
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by fejikudz(m): 11:21am On Sep 17, 2015
mrvitalis:
Tonye... the fact that people actually praise ur analysis shows the level of decay in Nigerian educational system
Let me educate u a little bit
1) a minister is a mere representative of the president in that ministry
2) the president can pass his directives or give instructions based on his manifesto to any ministery WITH OR WITHOUT A MINISTER
3) ministers are only needed when the president wants to reduce the work load on him.... And if the president is not complaining..... I wonder y u should.. ....
You've just confirmed that you're an illiterate like your master buhari..

Management will eventually yield result in the absence of leadership.

But what you and your dullard don't know is that LEADERSHIP is a catalyst in managerial affairs

It is LEADERSHIP that hastens the path of progress and result in any management structure.

Get that into your skull
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by kobe79: 11:24am On Sep 17, 2015
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
BraniacX:

Now that's more like it

you are a wasted speeerrrrrrm borne by an olosho mother
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by BraniacX(m): 11:27am On Sep 17, 2015
naijadeyhia:

Yep big bang ish kind of thing. I bet it was a eureka moment for you when you realised your iq level was negative 50. Dude a small slice of my brain and intelligence would make you and your voltron clan look like kids in diapers. I must say that you have some form of intelligence albeit very low and impossible to Ignore but still if that floats your boat I have no choice but concur.

UnHoly shyte!!! shocked

You don't mean to......

You don't mean......... shocked

I need a super re-enforced force field around me shocked

If a small slice of your brain can make me comparable to a kid in diapers then i can rightly infer that your grey matter is made up of or infested with a specifically designed virus or particulate that reverses the process of mental maturation so please keep your brain matter to yourself undecided no thanks! I like mine the way it is and having established this probability, you'll agree with me that you're in no position to judge my I.Q and on the plus side am way beyond eureka moments grin

I leave that for some peeps who are still struggling to evolve into the sapiens stage of the primate homini wink didn't mention names or monikers oh! shocked but if you feel it applies to you then congratulations grin you'll get there someday "hopefully" cool

And don't think you've successfully derailed me from the topic of the thread or the question i posed you on the missing phantom N3trillion because "you fittin't succeed if you tried hard!!" cool
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by BraniacX(m): 11:31am On Sep 17, 2015
kobe79:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

you are a wasted speeerrrrrrm borne by an olosho mother

Type in english motherfvcker grin

'Cos unlike you i wasn't conceived and schooled at an agbero motor park beside a notorious ashewo joint cheesy
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by laterthings: 11:33am On Sep 17, 2015
too much half baked analysis these days
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by kobe79: 11:43am On Sep 17, 2015
BraniacX:

Type in english motherfvcker grin

'Cos unlike you i wasn't conceived and schooled at an agbero motor park beside a notorious ashewo joint cheesy

where were u "conceived and schooled" at?

inside bush wen conji hold ur mentally deranged father and couldn't hold but fuuucccck ur mommas rotten pusssssyyyyy
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 17, 2015
BraniacX:

UnHoly shyte!!! shocked

You don't mean to......

You don't mean......... shocked

I need a super re-enforced force field around me shocked

If a small slice of your brain can make me comparable to a kid in diapers then i can rightly infer that your grey matter is made up of or infested with a specifically designed virus or particulate that reverses the process of mental maturation so please keep your brain matter to yourself undecided no thanks! I like mine the way it is and having established this probability, you'll agree with me that you're in no position to judge my I.Q and on the plus side am way beyond eureka moments grin

I leave that for some peeps who are still struggling to evolve into the sapiens stage of the primate homini wink didn't mention names or monikers oh! shocked but if you feel it applies to you then congratulations grin you'll get there someday "hopefully" cool

And don't think you've successfully derailed me from the topic of the thread or the question i posed you on the missing phantom N3trillion because "you fittin't succeed if you tried hard!!" cool

I wasn't trying to derail your phantom theory as for that I wouldn't be breaking a sweat for. I was running a simple psychological assessment on you and your latest cacophonous response has given me what I seek. I never would believe that barcanista would solicit for the help of kids to fight his battles. We are done here.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by BraniacX(m): 11:49am On Sep 17, 2015
kobe79:

where were u "conceived and schooled" at?

inside bush wen conji hold ur mentally deranged father and couldn't hold but fuuucccck ur mommas rotten pussy

You asked the question and as such can not profer an answer olodo! cheesy and as such i can rightly deduce you're trying to extrapolate your life experience on to me but nah!! I'm not of your kind nor ilk fleabag cool neither are my parents but if you must write your autobiography, do it after i have properly schooled you okay! truly ashewo joint is no place to raise a kid, just look at yourself undecided what a pity embarassed
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by kobe79: 11:52am On Sep 17, 2015
BraniacX:

You asked the question and as such can not profer an answer olodo! cheesy and as such i can rightly deduce you're trying to extrapolate your life experience on to me but nah!! I'm not of your kind nor ilk fleabag cool neither are my parents but if you must write your autobiography, do it after i have properly schooled you okay! truly ashewo joint is no place to raise a kid, just look at yourself undecided what a pity embarassed

you say?
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by BraniacX(m): 11:59am On Sep 17, 2015
naijadeyhia:

I wasn't trying to derail your phantom theory as for that I wouldn't be breaking a sweat for. I was running a simple psychological assessment on you and your latest cacophonous response has given me what I seek. I never would believe that barcanista would solicit for the help of kids to fight his battles. We are done here.

Oooooooooh! cheesy my psyche is neing assessed over the internet grin how original(-ly stup1d) And on the N3trillion (your theory if you remember, not mine) give us an audited breakdown of the source, the exit and the mode of transit as established by your most reputable (*smirks cheesy*) auditing firm or a court of competent jurisdiction as buhari is known to have said on abacha's alleged corruption grin and Cacophony it (my post) would be to an infantile or kid-ish brain of course and as for your subtly waiving a white flag, permission to flee granted so flee........ FLEE for your life grin lols
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by BraniacX(m): 12:02pm On Sep 17, 2015
kobe79:

you say?
Did i string far too many english words far too soon for your comprehension? shocked
Eeeeeeyah!! cheesy
Go back to school you hear grin and a proper school this time wink
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 17, 2015
mrvitalis:
I hope u read my post...
If a president... Has a clear cut out policy in his mind. .... do he need a minister?
Yes ministers are important but not a most for any government to function well. ... .. There job can be neglected and still have an effective government
I pity whoever sponsored you education. Do u really know what a policy is? Going by ur analysis, we don't need a head of government (executive branch of govt), but a head of service. People like you are the one urging Messiah Buhari to dictatorship. I love my President, but he is losing it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by Mrco2: 12:03pm On Sep 17, 2015
Buhari only showed he lacks the understanding of government and its working. If this was a parliamentary system he would have been shown the way out a long time ago, the economy is bleeding because of lack of policy no one knows where we are heading all we hear is anti-corruption with no arrest. its absurd that three months down the line government has not taken shape all because the president that is suppose to provide leadership doesn't understand what the concept of leadership and governance is all about.

2 Likes

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by hinwazaka: 12:03pm On Sep 17, 2015
bashydemy:
You see where you fail, she was appointed in 2006 by OBJ and then she wasn't a politician, she works with world bank then. She only join PDP fully after being appointed minsiter.
I used 2008 as a reference and as a pun. If you couldn't see that , then am afraid your IQ is rather low
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by enitiObanke(m): 12:18pm On Sep 17, 2015
mrvitalis:
Tonye... the fact that people actually praise ur analysis shows the level of decay in Nigerian educational system
2) the president can pass his directives or give instructions based on his manifesto to any ministery WITH OR WITHOUT A MINISTER
3) ministers are only needed when the president wants to reduce the work load on him.... And if the president is not complaining..... I wonder y u should.. ....

Yea, our educational system is toast. But the main reason tonye barcanista has a semblance of following on NL is simply because 85% of Nairalanders are kids, teenagers,....people still been spoon fed by mum and dad. Barcanista should take his trashy commentaries to Twitter, premiumtimesng.com, nigerianvillagesquare.com Facebook or saharareporters.com and let's see if he is going to be read on those platforms at all, talkless been followed.
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. Barcanista is simply 'king' of Nairaland's kids.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 17, 2015
enitiObanke:

Yea, our educational system is toast. But the main reason tonye barcanista has a semblance of following on NL is simply because 85% of Nairalanders are kids, teenagers,....people still been spoon fed by mum and dad. Barcanista should take his trashy commentaries to Twitter, premiumtimesng.com, nigerianvillagesquare.com Facebook or saharareporters.com and let's see if he is going to be read on those platforms at all, talkless been followed.
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. Barcanista is simply 'king' of Nairaland's kids.

Permit me to put this your write up on replay... mo gba du e gan. Kids running around everywhere on NL. They do say that if u have one arm and you pump it up to 10 times its size it can never take d place of 2 skinny arms. Sadly the skinny armed kids on NL are being ruled by the one armed misfit.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by otil1: 12:41pm On Sep 17, 2015
Don't burst an artery please, please.

If Barcanister has the facts and skills to convey to younger minds, that sounds like strength to me.

Btw, I'm not being spoon fed ( I spoon feed), and I like the viewpoints. So, say something else. Your generalisation has floored your message.

enitiObanke:

1 Like

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by ExInferis(m): 12:43pm On Sep 17, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Cc: Truckpusher Rozayx5 bomsilaga exxel erunz dunsman Nigerianvenom Phockphockman, nwadiuko1, ibokUtoroh, Koded, Ecoterrors, iPrinz20 Aprokoman, OcheJoseph, Dearpreye, Firefire, Francizy, Temitemi1, Hinwazaka Ecoterrors, Dumkem21 Biafranqueen, Mogidi, Mizmycoli, IsraeliAirforce, Candyrain, Ambivert, Rose2014, Provacateur, Opiaoku, NDPVF, Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi, ahaika23, coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93 DebateNigeria and all patriots

Aha! I knew he was gonna call out to his dogs to back him up.

2 Likes

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by Ephemmm: 12:45pm On Sep 17, 2015
mrvitalis:

God bless you. What some fails to realize is that ministerial appointments are like the post of Non-Executive Directors who are just members of the board to bring balance and scrutiny to the activities of the Executive Directors and CEO.

Therefore, just like ministerial appointments, the presence of NEDs has little or no effect on the operational activities of the firm except in the aspect of decision making, the knowledge most of the occupants of the ministerial list have been lacking so far in their responsibilities.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by bugativeron: 12:52pm On Sep 17, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
I'm compelled to write this piece not to spite President Muhammadu Buhari but to cure his misconception of ministers. Earlier today, Mr President was quoted to have made a statement that suggest that ministers are not to relevant in the running of government. According to President Buhari

UNDERSTANDING Ministers and Civil Servants Roles:
Ministers:

Firstly, we have to appreciate the purpose of ministers of the federation. We all we agree that all political parties and candidates standing for elections come with their own program and agenda. These programs are highlighted in their respective document called their Manifesto. The Manifesto is usually in concordance with the overall ideology of the respective parties. When a party's Presidential candidate get elected, he assemble a team of men and women of intellectual standing and believers of his vision to help formulate policies, supervise implementations and defend these policies before the public to actualise the vision and fulfil the President's electoral programs. These group of people are called Ministers. The loyalty of the ministers are to the occupant of the President's office, the country and in most cases the ruling party. Ministers sit and deliberate on policy issues and strategy with the president

Civil Servants:
Every country have a workforce that carry out day-2-day activities of the government in power. We all agree that it is impossible for every government to come on board with their own workforce every 4-8years, hence the country provide for a 'permanent' workforce that will work with every administration. This workforce is called the Civil Service. They are non-partisan career people. They are not to help any political party or candidate formulate policies but are to work with every ruling party and administration to IMPLEMENT policies. They are technocrats and bureaucrats. Their loyalty is not to the ruling party or individual in power but to the "Office of the President" and the Country. They have NO business deliberating on policy issues and strategy with the president or his party. They only take instruction. Let's see a case study...

Case Study: Petroleum Ministry
In the Ministry of Petroleum Resources, there is the Minister, the Permanent Secretary and career Civil Servants, and other agencies and department (eg NNPC, PPPRA etc) under the ministry.

The Minister sit with the President to formulate policies and programs for the sector in line with the President's agenda. S/he prepares budget for the ministry, see to the implementation of this program/policies (supervision) and is answerable to the President, the party and the public. Statutorily, S/he is the Chairperson of the NNPC. She also supervises other department and agencies under her ministry on behalf of the President.

The Permanent Secretary is the Account officer of the ministry and most senior civil servant(rank) in the ministry. S/he is responsible for the implementation of the Minister's policies/program. S/he is the head of the ministerial tender board BUT any contract approved by the board has to be countersigned by the minister (to ensure that they are in tune with the Minister's/President's agenda). He/she is not a member of the Cabinet, neither can S/he replace the minister as the Chairperson of NNPC except S/he resigns and is appointed minister thereafter.

The roles of the minister and permanent secretary are distinct and straight forward. The importance of ministers cannot be over-emphasised. It is instructive to note that Nigeria is not an isolated case when it comes to ministers/permanent secretaries. The United States for instance have Under-Secretaries, which is Nigeria equivalent of Permanent Secretaries, and Secretaries which is ministers equivalent.

Contraty to Buhari's perception, ministers are not for 'noisemaking', neither are they meant to 'fill space' except the incompetent and clueless ones. Without cabinet ministers, a country will be likened to one on 'Auto-piloting'. More importantly, our constitution provide for offices of Ministers just as it provide for the offices of the President and Vice President.

To be fair with the President, his perception of Ministers is inappropriate. I wonder what prompted him to utter such statement when he was a former minister under the General Olusegun Obasanjo military regime between 1977-79. Is he trying to say that he was a 'noisemaking' minister in General Obasanjo cabinet?

May God Bless Us All

You are becoming pathetic with each passing day. I really pity you as your wailing days are numbered.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by odomanis: 12:57pm On Sep 17, 2015
mrvitalis:

My brother, do you really think because he has not complained he should be allowed to supervise all the ministries alone ? What about the constitutional provisions on ministers ? May be he should get the constitution amended first,to enable him work without ministers. learn to stand by the truth always.

1 Like

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 17, 2015
Wait o. Something just occurred to me. There is a serious money making business available for the jobless kids on NL.

If they could begin selling handkerchiefs here on NL to the wailing wailers association of Nairaland (WWAN) dem go hammer o. 4 yrs of daily hanky sales in daily truckloads no be beans o shocked .

Oya entrepreneur youths over to you
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by Splashme: 1:21pm On Sep 17, 2015
bugativeron:

You are becoming pathetic with each passing day. I really pity you as your wailing days are numbered.

Another dullard like his oga in Aso Rock
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by susolzik(m): 1:24pm On Sep 17, 2015
[quote author=VickJames post=38076808]Buhari made a very stupeed statement when he said ministers are not needed. Who submits economic plans, ideas, and manage the ministries?

So, Buhari is trying to say what Adesina did in the agricultural sector was mere noise-making? Or what some Akunyili in the information ministry was mere noise-making?
Is it the ministries where we still have old men with 1970 brains that he is calling technocrats? So, they've been technocrats all these years and all the ministries are more or less dead except with the timely intervention of some ministers who gave many of their jobs to some consulting firms to save them from mass sack.

A ministry without minister is like an army without a commander. They know how to kill, but they don't know who to kill.

When I say the economy is run by someone who lacks the mental capacity to think of the box, they'll say someone is wailing. [/
quote]

If you can only single out akunyili out of 42 ministers inYar'adua regime and only Adesina in GEJ regime, then I think Ministers are mere noise-makers.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by pelmart: 1:40pm On Sep 17, 2015
To criticise government is democratic. I wonder why some complain. Any government that does not want criticism should then, does the right thing.
I support the writer, it is lack of understanding to say ministers are not needed. I would not believe to say we now have government that lacks understanding of ''governance''.
ENOUGH OF NOISE-MAKING
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 17, 2015
Splashme:

Another dullard like his oga in Aso Rock

I guess GEJ was so smart that at his touch ogogoro turned to water or vise versa. That was obviously his passion throughout his tenure.

1 Like

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 17, 2015
[b]A POEM TO THE WAILERS.

‘Twas just a few months after the swearing in before the eve of greater things
When wailers from another land
Were eager to be seen,
To make their mischief where they can
And even in between -
Wherever they can bring about
Rants and trash, pitilessly mean.

Between the hours of two and three,
Or was it three and four
On such a day as I recall
I trembled to the core,
For out of greyness in the sky
There came a mighty roar,
That splintered every pane of glass
And rattled every door.

The sky grew dark as if the night
Had suddenly besmeared
The afternoon with daubs of ink,
Astonishingly weird,
As with a moaning and a howl
barcanista and the wailing crew appeared,
With eyes aflame and gaping mouth
That positively sneered.

The wail had no embodiment,
Well, none that I could see
And wondered if their wailing meant
My own deaths prophesy -
The wailers must be witches and playing tricks
With spells as dark as night,
Or was I dreaming nightmares long
Before the morning light
I must be hallucinating, aye but its alright.
As I wake up in the morning to behold a glorious sight
A man tall and straight with vision and passion
Poised to make everything alright[/b]
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by BushidoBlue(m): 2:07pm On Sep 17, 2015
sammyj:
Wailers response to everything. This post and On can be best describe as wailing wailers association! !! grin grin

You and your 15 likes can move to North Korea where nothing is responded to by the populace because they don't have freedom of speech or expression.
Meanwhile this is a Democracy and as such he is the #1 Civil servant not a dictator and is accountable to the people.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by enitiObanke(m): 2:11pm On Sep 17, 2015
naijadeyhia:

Permit me to put this your write up on replay... mo gba du e gan. Kids running around everywhere on NL. They do say that if u have one arm and you pump it up to 10 times its size it can never take d place of 2 skinny arms. Sadly the skinny armed kids on NL are being ruled by the one armed misfit.

Naijadeyhia my bros from Revlution's thread (.....u familiar wit Frankie9ice?), I hail oh!!!
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by sammyj: 2:12pm On Sep 17, 2015
..................................... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
BushidoBlue:

You and your 15 likes can move to North Korea where nothing is responded to by the populace because they don't have freedom of speech or expression.
Meanwhile this is a Democracy and as such he is the #1 Civil servant not a dictator and is accountable to the people.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Heads To Roll As President's Anti-Corruption War Kicks Off / Obasanjo Lands At Anambra International Airport Ahead Of Anyaoku Symposium / President Tinubu Receives Mr. Sunil Bharti Mittal, Global Chairman, Airtel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.