Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,129 members, 7,867,275 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:16 PM

Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB (33159 Views)

A Reply To Reno Omokri By Lauretta Onochie On Hillary Clinton's Election Funding / Some Ministers Are Squatting In Abuja - Amaechi / Buhari's Ministers Are Practical, Energetic And Of Good Reputation~The Economist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by bashydemy(m): 10:17am On Sep 17, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

The constitution is very Clear on ministerial appointment.

1. The President nominate candidate-ministers
2. He send the nominations to the Senate for clearance
3. He performs oath of office on those cleared

If he wants Perm secretaries to be ministers, all he had to do is nominate them and send their names to the Senate. The nominees will immediately RÉSIGN their positions as Permanent Sercretaries the moment they accept the nomination. There are no backdoors to thism
Thanks for enlightening your E-followers.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by AprokoMan: 10:20am On Sep 17, 2015
wristbangle:

[s]The person I quoted did not say anything but your dim nitwit brain have the effontery to buldge into my comment spewing nonsense.

If what I said pained you, why cant you resort into suicide other than coming here to fling your frustration on me.

It is my opinion and if you are against it, there are better ways to place diplomatic comments rather than behaving like a retaarded buffoon.[/s]

still the IDIOT i called u earlier. hit ur head on the wall and die
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by AprokoMan: 10:23am On Sep 17, 2015
naijadeyhia:

Stole from the Internet? Lol very funny. You see lies and thievery go hand in hand and since lying is your bane then you know d rest.

If I drink milk from Buharis farm thats because his milk is highly sensitizing and nourishing unlike yours who only had ogogoro to offer which you received dregs of them daily. Internet voltron clan

yes, u drink milk from Buhari's infected cows, that's why ur a DULLARD grin
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 17, 2015
BraniacX:

And my family being who and who? grin (mind you am not related to you oh! shocked !!)

You're too young to have alzheimers you know shocked though dementia is an already confirmed diagnosis grin as is lycantropy cheesy

Just don't go rabid and bite me you hear!! cheesy

if i hear pim again from you, then i will expose you to NL.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by BraniacX(m): 10:28am On Sep 17, 2015
farem:

If buhari is the definition of an illiterate, especially from his foray into the management team of Nigeria since 70s vis-à-vis his modest achievements so far, I THINK I WILL LIKE TO BE AN ILLITERATE! This resolve becomes so pressing when I consider the last PhD president and 'achievements' right from university classes to balyesa govt house and to transformation agenda (sorry, I mean deformation agenda) recently experienced.

Please define modest achievements according to you and buhari circa 1970 till date undecided
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by jaymichael(m): 10:29am On Sep 17, 2015
hinwazaka:

You are not even worth shinning my shoe on any issue. On no planet will a speck like you measure up to me. Even though, I studied economics and statistics in college, I had A's in my Pol 111, 121, 214 and 224.
You had As on your pols as you claim, yet you u take the opinion of a TV presenter as authority. In that case, you need a refund. Your education should have cured you of your ignorance hate and bigotry that can't make you see beyond your nose. Like I said earlier your case is BEYOND REDEMPTION.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by bashydemy(m): 10:32am On Sep 17, 2015
hinwazaka:

I would like to believe you are using a JAVA browser, because you don't want to know what I think of you right now
The question is was she a member of PDP before her appointment by OBJ?
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by BraniacX(m): 10:33am On Sep 17, 2015
PDPwayoo:

Education? don't go there cos i'm your superior when it has to do with education and intelligence.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha gringringringringrin

Very hilarious and ironic coming from you cheesy
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by hinwazaka: 10:34am On Sep 17, 2015
bashydemy:
Yes Bola Ige is a politician from another Party, Remember the comment i qoute says he must be member the ruling political party... During OBJ second term, The AD reject everything OBJ brought to them due to betrayer of OBJ during the 2003 election...
This is how students fail jamb. So to you the AD rejected plum appointments because of their pride, dream on.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by kobe79: 10:35am On Sep 17, 2015
Mogidi:

@the emboldened, would Buhari appoint ministers considering they're "distractions"?

Yea cos the constitution has put him in such precarious situation.

Get a life a good one at that. your moniker sounds more like "shigidi" it's affecting your way of life.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by BraniacX(m): 10:35am On Sep 17, 2015
PDPwayoo:

if i hear pim again from you, then i will expose you to NL.
Oh shove it arsewipe undecided
Or better yet since you asked for it, pim!!! grin
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by OboloMAN: 10:36am On Sep 17, 2015
"President Muhammadu Buhari should resign and hand over power to the Head Of Service since politicians are noise makers.Enough of self promotion & gratification." Kmanero Woke [ APC Chieftain, Rivers State]
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by bashydemy(m): 10:36am On Sep 17, 2015
hinwazaka:
This is how students fail jamb. So to you the AD rejected plum appointments because of their pride, dream on.
Go and ask who know about Nigerian politics and what happen between OBJ Govt and AD in 2003 and they will tell you.. Mind you in 2003 Tinubu is in control of AD.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 17, 2015
BraniacX:

And your proof is?

Buccal diarrhoea of course undecided

Dimwit!!

Meanwhile in three months, investors loose over $2b dollars in the stock and capital market under buhari.................and that is not verbal diarrhoea cool

I will not be coerced into responding to your retorical subterfuge as that would mean you achieved in bringing me DOWN to your level. Boot lickers!
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by BraniacX(m): 10:38am On Sep 17, 2015
kaboninc:

IT is people like you who are blasting our ears with the idea that ministers are not really needed for a smooth government operation. It is people like you who are advising our dear President to make 'further' delay in appointing ministers. It is people like you who are propagating the status of Super Permanent Secretaty! The world has moved on sir!

And that is why State Governors are following suit since their comrade (President Buhari) has set a precedent. Tomorrow you'll come here to wail about Governors not conducting Local Government Elections in their respective states.

Maybe be a large corporation/organisation will appoint only a Chairman (non-executive for that matter) without 'directors' most especially 'executive directors' to run their organisation.

For once, not every action of President Buhari should be supported. Telling him where he makes mistakes makes you a better, credible man!

You sir! Are a worthy buhari loyalist

1 Like

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by rolchi(m): 10:38am On Sep 17, 2015
Reptyle:

Please what exactly have you said in this very long essay that is new and could not have been expressed in 5 sentences or less?

What PMB was saying simply is that the civil servants and technocrats do most of the heavy lifting while politicians as ministers are merely figureheads. The Adesina you spoke about for instance, was a technocrat as was the lady who headed the communications sector under President GEJ's government. He may not have expressed himself quite clearly but I am sure that the import of his statement was not lost on you.

I just wonder when you will quit this pointless and unnecessary crusade of criticizing every action or speech just to appear intelligent to your cheering band of hallelujah boys.

it is becoming very old.

The import of his message is simple: He doesn't want to appoint ministers. He doesn't need them. Thank God for the Constitution. PMB has just informed us that his ministers' opinion will be irrelevant after 30th September 2015.

1 Like

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by kobe79: 10:39am On Sep 17, 2015
[[s]0

The roles of the minister and permanent secretary are distinct and straight forward. The importance of ministers cannot be over-emphasised. It is instructive to note that Nigeria is not an isolated case when it comes to ministers/permanent secretaries. The United States for instance have Under-Secretaries, which is Nigeria equivalent of Permanent Secretaries, and Secretaries which is ministers equivalent.

Contraty to Buhari's perception, ministers are not for 'noisemaking', neither are they meant to 'fill space' except the incompetent and clueless ones. Without cabinet ministers, a country will be likened to one on 'Auto-piloting'. More importantly, our constitution provide for offices of Ministers just as it provide for the offices of the President and Vice President.

To be fair with the President, his perception of Ministers is inappropriate. I wonder what prompted him to utter such statement when he was a former minister under the General Olusegun Obasanjo military regime between 1977-79. Is he trying to say that he was a 'noisemaking' minister in General Obasanjo cabinet?

May God Bless Us All[/quote][/s]

[size=18pt]TonyeTHEBASTARD[/size]

Seriously get a real job!!!!! this hasn't paid you shishi
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by BraniacX(m): 10:41am On Sep 17, 2015
Ikiriye:

When there are issues or presentations,is it the perm.sec that acts or the ministers.first world govt.don't do without ministers why should gullible Nigerians see things this way.

Good question

But unfortunately, when you're sai-high on APC propaganda, wrong becomes right
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 17, 2015
kobe79:
[[s]0

The roles of the minister and permanent secretary are distinct and straight forward. The importance of ministers cannot be over-emphasised. It is instructive to note that Nigeria is not an isolated case when it comes to ministers/permanent secretaries. The United States for instance have Under-Secretaries, which is Nigeria equivalent of Permanent Secretaries, and Secretaries which is ministers equivalent.

Contraty to Buhari's perception, ministers are not for 'noisemaking', neither are they meant to 'fill space' except the incompetent and clueless ones. Without cabinet ministers, a country will be likened to one on 'Auto-piloting'. More importantly, our constitution provide for offices of Ministers just as it provide for the offices of the President and Vice President.

To be fair with the President, his perception of Ministers is inappropriate. I wonder what prompted him to utter such statement when he was a former minister under the General Olusegun Obasanjo military regime between 1977-79. Is he trying to say that he was a 'noisemaking' minister in General Obasanjo cabinet?

May God Bless Us All[/s]

[size=18pt]TonyeTHEBASTARD[/size]

Seriously get a real job!!!!! this hasn't paid you shishi

It has not paid him shi not to mention shishi

1 Like

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 17, 2015
BraniacX:

And idiocy is thinking with your ar$e angry you'll notice i didn't mention your moniker either grin
MAD MAN!!!!grin grin
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by kobe79: 10:46am On Sep 17, 2015
naijadeyhia:

It has not paid him shi not to mention shishi

He thinks its by posting jagbajantis on nairaland.

ask am for him PDP membership card or him ward chairman name he no sabi
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by BraniacX(m): 10:50am On Sep 17, 2015
wakacome:
MAD MAN!!!!grin grin
DUNGHILL COCKROACH!!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by Reptyle(m): 10:52am On Sep 17, 2015
rolchi:

The import of his message is simple: He doesn't want to appoint ministers. He doesn't need them. Thank God for the Constitution. PMB has just informed us that his ministers' opinion will be irrelevant after 30th September 2015.

The import of the message is that technocrats will make better ministers than politicians. The import is that a lot of thot needs to go into the selection and appointment of ministers over and above the federal character principle of the constitution and the desire by politicians to nominate ministerial candidates as a reward or incentive rather than on their capacity to do the work.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by hinwazaka: 10:52am On Sep 17, 2015
jaymichael:
You had As on your pols as you claim, yet you use the opinion of a reporter as authority. In that case, you need a refund. Your education should have cured you of your ignorance hate and bigotry that can't make you see beyond your nose. Like I said earlier your case is BEYOND REDEMPTION.
I know what discipline I was awarded a BSC in. You don't know if it was economics or government you filled in your JAMB. That begs the question, if you actually know what a college of education looks like.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by jaymichael(m): 10:54am On Sep 17, 2015
hinwazaka:

I know what discipline I was awarded a BSC in. You don't know if it was economics or government you filled in your JAMB. That begs the question, if you actually know what a college of education looks like.
As much as you try, you CANNOT bring me down to your level.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by BraniacX(m): 10:58am On Sep 17, 2015
naijadeyhia:

I will not be coerced into responding to your retorical subterfuge as that would mean you achieved in bringing me DOWN to your level. Boot lickers!

Of course you won't be coerced gringrin

Why would you when you'll obviously end up looking stup1d or should i say as smart as oshiomole? cheesy

And on getting to my level, for you that would be a monumental upgrade of universal proportions (big bang-ish kinda stuff) wink

Fvcking hypocrites undecided

Plus learn how to spell okay! Its rhetoric for the record cool
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 17, 2015
BraniacX:

Of course you won't be coerced gringrin

Why would you when you'll obviously end up looking stup1d or should i say as smart as oshiomole? cheesy

And on getting to my level, for you that would be a monumental upgrade of universal proportions (big bang-ish kinda stuff) wink

Fvcking hypocrites undecided

Plus learn how to spell okay! Its rhetoric for the record cool

Yep big bang ish kind of thing. I bet it was a eureka moment for you when you realised your iq level was negative 50. Dude a small slice of my brain and intelligence would make you and your voltron clan look like kids in diapers. I must say that you have some form of intelligence albeit very low and impossible to Ignore but still if that floats your boat I have no choice but concur.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by hinwazaka: 11:09am On Sep 17, 2015
bashydemy:
The question is was she a member of PDP before her appointment by OBJ?
You can google NOI's wikipedia page in 2008. Maybe that will help you reach a conclusion.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by BraniacX(m): 11:11am On Sep 17, 2015
kobe79:
[[s]0

May God Bless Us All[/s]

[size=18pt]kobeTHEBASTARD[/size]

Seriously i need to get a real job!!!!! this hasn't paid me shishi

Now that's more like it
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by freshvine(f): 11:12am On Sep 17, 2015
mrvitalis:
Tonye... the fact that people actually praise ur analysis shows the level of decay in Nigerian educational system
Let me educate u a little bit
1) a minister is a mere representative of the president in that ministry
2) the president can pass his directives or give instructions based on his manifesto to any ministery WITH OR WITHOUT A MINISTER
3) ministers are only needed when the president wants to reduce the work load on him.... And if the president is not complaining..... I wonder y u should.. ....

Mumu. You can't even write Ministry well yet you feel you have an opinion.

Civil service is career oriented arm of governance and it cannot be mixed with politics and politicians. They must not be seen as partisan but to implement policies and programs of the government in power.
To separate civil service from politics and allow them to be really professionals, A politician / individual need to be appointed to represent the sitting government in any ministry it so desire. Then it is the duty of the Minister to formulate policies, programs and ensure the ministry runs on the Political party Agenda or manifestos. The duty of the Minister and of course the eye of the President in a specific Ministry is to always brief the President, attend Executive Council, Party Functions and then work in liason with the Ministry he supervise.

Without a Minister, Ministries are at standstill except the President decide to use the perm secretaries as 'stand in minister' for the period being which is dangerous to the civil service ethics of profession. Exposing the civil service to politics is bad in its entirety.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by ManTiger(m): 11:12am On Sep 17, 2015
Smh for some people. They keep spending their life on the affairs they have very little knowledge on.
Re: Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB by muredo(m): 11:13am On Sep 17, 2015
mrvitalis:
Tonye... the fact that people actually praise ur analysis shows the level of decay in Nigerian educational system
Let me educate u a little bit
1) a minister is a mere representative of the president in that ministry
2) the president can pass his directives or give instructions based on his manifesto to any ministery WITH OR WITHOUT A MINISTER
3) ministers are only needed when the president wants to reduce the work load on him.... And if the president is not complaining..... I wonder y u should.. ....

May God bless your entire generation in Jesus name
Short and accurate answer for a novice

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

President Tinubu Receives Mr. Sunil Bharti Mittal, Global Chairman, Airtel / #AtikuIsComing vs #AtikuBusted Trend Over Impending Tribunal Judgement / "Buhari’s Government Harassing My Family" - Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.