Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,100 members, 7,821,801 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Shame On Nigeria Sports Commission - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Shame On Nigeria Sports Commission (580 Views)

What Hope For Nigeria’s Sports Under Dalung? / 7 Blunders Of Nigeria Sports / Apply To Be A Member Of The Country Of Western Nigeria Sports Commission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Shame On Nigeria Sports Commission by ValerianSteel(m): 8:47pm On Sep 16, 2015
It is disgraceful to see that the ongoing All Africa Games has further put on display lack of diversity in sporting events of Team Nigeria.

It is important to note that Nigeria has a lot of talents that can fill into some of these sports that are underrated and neglected by Nigerian officials.

Take for example Swimming.This event alone won South Africa 25 gold medals,18 silver,11 bronze to total at 54medals all in the Swimming event category.This is 2015,by now am sure Swimming is not regarding a low performance sport event.Swimming is a High Profile Sporting event and at such,much attention should be given to it.

The All African Games is one of the many other sports where we loose out on medal hopefuls,even at the International Level like The Olympics,Swimming and Gymnastics are two sporting events with lots of medals categories.

What exactly is hindering the development of these sports?

1.) Lack of standard training facilities and equipments.

2.) Lack of support by the Sports Commission.

3.) Inability to source for local talents.

4.) No Grassroot sports development especially at the primary and secondary school level.

5.) Inadequate funding and sponsorship.

Even the general populace has a lot to do.Let's encourage our younger ones to diversify into different sports and not the everyday football that is fast loosing its appeal due to recent poor performance.

ValerianSteel.
Re: Shame On Nigeria Sports Commission by CassieV(f): 9:50pm On Oct 11, 2015
I visited this sports section hoping to see topics on different types of sports but all I see is football clubs, bets and so on.

I've often wondered we never take other sports serious, there's volleyball, handball, basketball, tennis ball, Gymnastics, swimming and many more.

Does it mean that no one is interested in them? Or they just don't see them as a good sport?

1 Like

Re: Shame On Nigeria Sports Commission by ValerianSteel(m): 6:00pm On Oct 17, 2015
CassieV:
I visited this sports section hoping to see topics on different types of sports but all I see is football clubs, bets and so on.

I've often wondered we never take other sports serious, there's volleyball, handball, basketball, tennis ball, Gymnastics, swimming and many more.

Does it mean that no one is interested in them? Or they just don't see them as a good sport?
They just can't see the good in them.

Most people do not develop a passion of joy and satisfaction in sports in Nigeria,they only have passion to make a name and make money out of it.

That's why they run into popular sports especially football when there's a whole diversity out there.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Watch And Download Video: Dinamo Zagreb 2-1 Arsenal / Daniel Amokachi Quits As FC Ifeanyiubah Coach After Five Weeks / Victor Moses And Diafra Sakho Shock Manchester City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.