Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,055 members, 7,828,716 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Opinion: Buhari Negotiates With Himself To Free 'chibok' Girls??? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Buhari Negotiates With Himself To Free 'chibok' Girls??? (734 Views)

FG Negotiates With US On Looted Funds / Ibe Kachikwu Negotiates $15Billion Oil Deal In India / If Buhari Negotiates With NDA We Will Have Another Civil War: Dr Junaid Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Buhari Negotiates With Himself To Free 'chibok' Girls??? by Nobody: 6:54am On Sep 17, 2015
Buhari was quoted as saying that he has started negotiation with Boko Haram to free Chibok girls.

"President Muhammadu Buhari has promised to grant amnesty to Boko Haram fighters on the condition that they release all the abducted Chibok schoolgirls. The President, who is on a three-day visit to France, said this during an interview with Agence France Presse on Wednesday.
Buhari told AFP that the Federal Government was talking to Boko Haram’s prisoners and could offer them amnesty if the extremist group hands over more than 200 schoolgirls abducted from their hostel at the Chibok Government Secondary School, Chibok, Borno State on April 14, 2014.
He added that he was confident that conventional attacks by the terrorists would be rooted out by November but cautioned that deadly suicide attacks, some of them waged by children, were likely to continue.

He said, “We are trying to see whether we can negotiate with the Boko Haram prisoners in our custody for the release of the Chibok girls.
“If the Boko Haram leadership eventually agrees to turn over the Chibok girls to us, the complete number, then we may decide to give them (the prisoners) amnesty.” Buhari, who has promised to stamp out the group’s bloody six-year insurgency, said the government would not release any prisoners unless it was convinced it could “get the girls in reasonably healthy condition.”

But he cautioned that negotiating with Boko Haram militants was fraught with difficulties.

“We are trying to establish if they are bona fide, how useful they are in Boko Haram, have they reached a position of leadership where their absence is of relevance to the operation of Boko Haram?” he said.

Buhari said he was confident that the military would defeat Boko Haram before the end of the year but expressed pessimism over the possibility of stopping the terrorists from attacking ‘soft’ targets.

He added, “The main conventional attacks, where Boko Haram use armoured cars they took from the Nigerian troops, or mounted machine-guns on pick-up vehicles and so on, we believe by the end of the three months, we will see the end of that.

“What may not absolutely stop is the occasional bombings by the use of improvised explosive devices.“We do not expect a 100 per cent stoppage of the insurgency.”
http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-to-bharam-release-chibok-girls-get-amnesty/

[size=14pt]The frequently asked questions Buhari need to provide answers to are:[/size]

#1. Who is Buhari negotiating with? We all knew when Yar'dua and Jonathan were negotiating with the Niger Delta militant. We knew the gladiators then - Asari Dokubo, Tompolo, Boyloaf, etc. Who are the Boko Haram representatives that Buhari and APC are in talks with

#2. With the spate of probes going on, several panels of inquiry are being set up. The military high command is being probed, the customs is being probed, oil theft and several other Germain national issues are being probed. Why has Buhari not deem it fit to set up a judicial panel of inquiry on the abduction of Chibok girls?

#3. The Chibok girls were said to have been called back to school in preparation for WAEC Physics Practical Examination. Interesting!? My questions is, How many Schools in Nigeria can boast of 70 students offering Physics in WAEC? Even the Kings and Queens Colleges in Lagos do not have such numbers. How come in spite of the fact that the core North known is educationally disadvantaged, Government Secondary School, Chibok could boast of 276 girls offering Physics Practicals in WAEC?

#4. Recently, my president told us that the Chibok girls have been married out and scattered. As the nation's chief security officer, the president receives intelligence reports on national and global issues. As such when he speaks, we are sure he must be speaking from the standpoint of an INFORMED PRESIDENT. I am asking, "What informed the president's new position?"

#5. My president wants to give amnesty to Boko Haram. How thoughtful Mr. President!!! So, are we saying that if tomorrow, we are told that Chibok girls have been found, then, Shekau will be welcomed to Aso Rock for a handshake??

#6. The Chibok girls were said to have been registered to take WAEC examinations. Clearly any student taking WAEC has a profile with WAEC. A passport, name, address, WAEC number, etc. Why have these information remained ELUSIVE since April, 2014. How come noone had demanded to have their pictures and names circulated in the event they are seen anywhere

#7. When is Buhari, APC and Shetimma planning to release the "Chibok" girls Because, I recalled that Governor Shetimma said sometime ago that the girls might be hidden in a bunker in Sambisa Forest.

#8. The President was quoted as saying "The government would not release any prisoners unless it was convinced it could get the girls in reasonably healthy condition.” This statement is not one that can be referred to as cautious optimism. Why is Mr. President so SURE of the state of the Chibok girls

#9. Again, my President said “What may not absolutely stop is the occasional bombings by the use of improvised explosive devices. We do not expect a 100 per cent stoppage of the insurgency.” If that is the case, why is Mr President going ahead with negotiation Why is President Buhari proposing amnesty if people will continue to be killed and maimed, churches will continue to be attacked. WHY?

#10. Where are the BBOG campaigners?? Are they also part of the negotiation?? Where is Oby Ezekwesili? Where is Hajia BBOG?? Where is Lai Mohammed? Suddenly Oby Ezekwesili has forgotten her pet project. This is not a true reflection of MADAM DUE PROCESS nor a PLATITUDE OF GENUINE PASTORAL CALLING.

#11. I consider this a "Jara" question. Since the President took oath of office, he has not for once addressed the nation. Rather, he chooses to travel to other countries to announce to us at home any national development or issues. Case of "President of West Germany" (Germany), "97% and 5%" (USA), "I am too old to be president" (South Africa), "Don't come back home, we cannot take care of you" (Benin), "I will name my ministers before Setember 30" (Ghana) and now "Amnesty for Boko Haram" (France). Why is Buhari not able to address Nigerian on national issues? Why run to foreign land to issue press release

I have aired my views and it is up to you to say whatever pleases you. If you chose to remain a "robot", it is entirely up to you. I know a sane person would use his or her brains anyhow. However, us all search our consciences and so put down our thoughts. If we truly believe in a new Nigeria, then let us all be truthful. Any structure built on sandy foundation of "LIES, DECEITS, SCAM" cannot stand. It cannot stand the next whirlwind.
Re: Opinion: Buhari Negotiates With Himself To Free 'chibok' Girls??? by GlorifiedTunde(m): 6:56am On Sep 17, 2015
undecided

Bros, I no know where you got some of your stories from but the truth be say you're still jobless ooo - That's the truth.

THIS IS NOT YOUR CALLING, TRY SOMETHING ELSE grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Buhari Negotiates With Himself To Free 'chibok' Girls??? by efilefun(m): 6:58am On Sep 17, 2015
You asked who Buhari is Negotiating with? Who had Dr Stephen Davis been negotiating with sure that name doesn't ring a bell right Well that was GEJ's Chief Boko Haram Negotiator, you need to make in-depth research before coming on here to spew dust. And point of correction Yar Adua granted the militants amnesty not GEJ.

How come you forgot so quickly when GEJ also made the same statement that he doesn't know the whereabouts of the girls and he was sure some must have been married off to those animals while some might have been sold.

Ain't in support of granting those animals amnesty but wasn't the same amnesty that gave that FAT PIG Asari the liver to walk freely and join GEJ in embezzling funds to build a private university in Benin Republic

The BBOG campaign was more loud during GEJ's tenure cuz he never gave them a listening ear, they were teargassed and attacked severally unlike this administration that invited them to Aso Rock to listen to their cries.

When GEJ's chief Boko Haram Negotiator named Azubuike Ihejirika as one of the chief sponsors of Boko Haram what were the steps taken by GEJ? Ordinary EFCC never invited the dude and you here ranting like a psychiatric home escapee .

Aint you ashamed to come on here to drop trash like this trying to support someone who watched boko haram grow from a knife carrying sect to a more sophisticated weapon carrying terrorists under that his fat nose like PDP torn umbrella
Re: Opinion: Buhari Negotiates With Himself To Free 'chibok' Girls??? by Gombs(m): 6:59am On Sep 17, 2015
Hmmm

Buhari told AFP that the [b]Federal Government was talking to Boko Haram’s prisoners and could offer them amnesty if the extremist group hands over more than 200 schoolgirls abducted from their hostel [/b]at the Chibok Government Secondary School, Chibok, Borno State on April 14, 2014.

Is it just me? But the above bold is very very annoying.
angry

Oh, those good days of ihejirika? Shey you want to offer them amnesty? And send them to Saudi Arabia for Arabic studies, abi?

These guys have killed almost 20,000 folks and displaced millions. angry angry

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Buhari Negotiates With Himself To Free 'chibok' Girls??? by drey076(m): 7:02am On Sep 17, 2015
Epistle
Re: Opinion: Buhari Negotiates With Himself To Free 'chibok' Girls??? by shamack: 7:07am On Sep 17, 2015
Na season film....This is a retired general u can't expect him to do things like that of GEJ........Do u just ask him about Chibok girls coming back home Withing how many days?

Even the American Military can't do dat
Re: Opinion: Buhari Negotiates With Himself To Free 'chibok' Girls??? by ajani1978(m): 7:27am On Sep 17, 2015
You are enemy of your country
Re: Opinion: Buhari Negotiates With Himself To Free 'chibok' Girls??? by Nobody: 7:35am On Sep 17, 2015
ajani1978:
You are enemy of your country

Yes, enemy of my country, but a friend of my NATION.
Truth is BITTER. Conscience however is an OPEN WOUND.
You do not build a NATION on LIES.
Re: Opinion: Buhari Negotiates With Himself To Free 'chibok' Girls??? by Trut(m): 7:41am On Sep 17, 2015
All the Baboons and Monkeys above should stop attacking the OP, he raised valid questions and aired his view.

You robots should get life and use your God given brain to think like a normal human being.
Re: Opinion: Buhari Negotiates With Himself To Free 'chibok' Girls??? by dridowu: 7:54am On Sep 17, 2015
Xetima Buhari is negotiating with thuggery department of PDP so that they can release the girls they kidnap.
"Boko Haram is PDP" "PDP is Boko Haram"-Late Andrew Azazi Former NSA , appointed by PDP led Government
"Boko Haram are fighting for Justice" - Pa Bamangar Tukur, Ex-National Chairman PDP
Xetima kindly tell your beloveth party to release the Chibok girls so that the affected families can smile again.
God Bless Nigeria
Re: Opinion: Buhari Negotiates With Himself To Free 'chibok' Girls??? by doublewisdom: 7:56am On Sep 17, 2015
Yes because he's president he's also Boko Haram.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Buhari Negotiates With Himself To Free 'chibok' Girls??? by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 17, 2015
dridowu:
Xetima Buhari is negotiating with thuggery department of PDP so that they can release the girls they kidnap.
"Boko Haram is PDP" "PDP is Boko Haram"-Late Andrew Azazi Former NSA , appointed by PDP led Government
"Boko Haram are fighting for Justice" - Pa Bamangar Tukur, Ex-National Chairman PDP
Xetima kindly tell your beloveth party to release the Chibok girls so that the affected families can smile again.
God Bless Nigeria

You missed one importat one though! Let me remind you hereunder

"Any attack on Boko Haram is an attack on the North" - Buhari

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Buhari Negotiates With Himself To Free 'chibok' Girls??? by dridowu: 8:15am On Sep 17, 2015
Xetima:

You missed one importat one though! Let me remind you hereunder

"Any attack on Boko Haram is an attack on the North" - Buhari
@bolded, Buhari is a Northerner and he would want to defend the north. Yes, it might be true also cos an attack on boko haram will also cost an innocent citizen which i believe Buhari is trying to prevent but their is no way an innocent citizen would not be attack in a raid againt boko haram.
Now what about Andrew Azazi is he a northerner also ? Was he appointed by by then opposition party ? Andrew Azazi is from same state with GEJ .
Andrew Azazi make that statement in full confidence not under pressure.
GEJ appointed him because he found Late Andrew Azazi is trustworthy for such sensitive post.
Xetima until you can counter Late Azazi statement before i believe you.
Re: Opinion: Buhari Negotiates With Himself To Free 'chibok' Girls??? by Flets: 8:19am On Sep 17, 2015
ok

(1) (Reply)

Guys, Y'all Need To Read This Gallant Nigerian Soldier's Vow To Us All / Photos Of Buhari Addressing The UN General Assembly / Acer Packard Bell Easynote Intel Celeron (2GB,500GB HDD) 10.1- ₦ 47,990

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.