Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,053 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Itsekiri Oil Producing Communities In Edo Allege Marginalisation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Itsekiri Oil Producing Communities In Edo Allege Marginalisation (605 Views)

Marginalisation: Ekweremadu, Obi, Soludo, Others To Meet / Lagos Now Officially An Oil Producing State- Ambode / Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Itsekiri Oil Producing Communities In Edo Allege Marginalisation by spanishkid(m): 8:46am On Sep 17, 2015
LEADERS of Itsekiri oil producing communities in Edo State, namely, Ajamimogha, Ajoki, Kolokolo, Ajatiton and Ikara, yesterday, lamented what they described as their continued marginalisation over the years by successive administrations in the stata, despite being the major area that makes the state one of the oil producing states in the country.

Leaders of the communities, under the aegis of Leaders Forum of Itsekiri Oil and Gas Producing Communities, LFIOGPC, have meanwhile called on the state governor, Mr Adams Oshiomhole, to change their situation, urging him to compel the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC, to give urgent attention to their communities in terms of infrastructural development.

In a statement by its President, Samuel Ireokane, they said: “As a matter of fact, we have not witnessed a situation where the state or local government officially commissions government project in these communities, despite being key oil and gas communities, which makes the state to be regarded as one of the oil and gas producing states in Nigeria.

“Non-oil and gas producing communities in the state are benefiting more than us, making our situation to be like the goose that lays the golden egg, but yet circumvented in the benefits and dividends due to them in the scheme of things. This is very pathetic because we suffer the environmental degradation and destruction of our aquatic lives.

“Furthermore, the NDDC and Edo State Oil Producing Areas Development Commission, EDSOPADEC, were created to drive the development of these oil and gas producing communities in the state, but rather than concentrate on developing the affected communities, the communities have not received a single infrastructural project from them.”
Re: Itsekiri Oil Producing Communities In Edo Allege Marginalisation by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 17, 2015
This kind mews they vex me I swear, mtchewww, Itsekiri Produces 70% of Delta state Revenue, about 80% Of Edo oil Cous I know Edo Don't have oil tat much, Still yet my people re been marginalized ...

Pls FG integrate d Itsekiri Community back to delta State, We want our brothers Back, We want Our Kins Back... Stupid News... mtchewwwww, angry mode....

I even prefer itsekiri in Ondo than Edo.... mtchewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

(1) (Reply)

Abacha Is One Of The Most Currupt Free President Nigeria Ever Had: Buhari, IBB / Pro Lawan Senators Move To Impeach Saraki - PUNCH / Nigeria’s Oil Reserves Will Dry Up By 2050 - Experts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.