Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

What Has God Done For You? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Has God Done For You? (4985 Views)

What Has God Done For You In 2017; That Deserves His Praise? / Has God Ever Done Any Irrefutable Miracle For You Before? Come In And Share / What Has God Done For U? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Has God Done For You? by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 17, 2015
I'm curious o
What has He personally done for you?

When you're blessed, you praise His name.
When you're distraught, you call Satan.

When someone that does weed all day and has never been to church 'thanks' God for his blessings, I'm just....confused embarassed
Is God just something we call to feel good?

Nigeria is the most religious country I can think of
But compared to other countries who believe in atheism, homosexuality, science, they are flourishing more than us even

What convinces you He exists?
What is one thing He has done for you that atheists don't have?

I just want to know sad

3 Likes

Re: What Has God Done For You? by ammyluv2002(f): 9:01am On Sep 17, 2015
I believe in God.

God is creator of the Universe...He loves us all no matter the religion. You don't expect Him to cease the breath of an atheist, a scientist etc.

He's slow to anger and full of mercy.

5 Likes

Re: What Has God Done For You? by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 17, 2015
Great time to address this....More concerned to answer this cus its from you and you the same chick who came on my thread some time ago to call me out for being atheist.

This question according to you is what every intelligent head ask and am glad you starting to act in that regard and ask questions but I tell you what,asking questions like this would never make you run out of more questions to ask and in the process you 'd realize,you have been stuck in the matrix.

Like you already know,I'm the internal atheist outside the matrix who is able to disable all god(s) mentally and leave religion concepts sounds more like literature metaphor to empirical reality.

god does nothing for nobody but the inner you which is your mind is the conscience of god in you to perceive the none existent god but yourself. To prove my hypothesis

In the book Ronson that starts with AA, For every winner who attributes his success to god is also another looser who blames god. #proudAtheist #ill mind #Nerd #Poc #Logic #hopsin #Dizzy right #goodwithoutgod #godless #nofuckgiven

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Has God Done For You? by HomoSapiien: 12:03pm On Sep 17, 2015
THE WORLD HAS NO MEANING, WE ARE THE ONE GIVING IT MEANING IN OUR OWN WAYS.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Has God Done For You? by HomoSapiien: 12:05pm On Sep 17, 2015
MzNelly:
I'm curious o
What has He personally done for you? When you're blessed, you praise His name. When you're distraught, you call Satan.
When someone that does weed all day and has never been to church 'thanks' God for his blessings, I'm just....confused embarassed
Is God just something we call to feel good? Nigeria is the most religious country I can think of But compared to other countries who believe in atheism, homosexuality, science, they are flourishing more than us even What convinces you He exists? What is one thing He has done for you that atheists don't have? I just want to know sad

god exists, but of course he's got nothing to do with this fvcking world of ours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Has God Done For You? by lilmax(m): 12:12pm On Sep 17, 2015
This one don turn atheist too cheesy
Re: What Has God Done For You? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 17, 2015
HI MzNElly
Re: What Has God Done For You? by iamtewwy(m): 3:48pm On Sep 17, 2015
i stopped believing in d sky daddy abt 3-4 yrs ago! and guess wat! i am even more bettter. naw. d guy gat no importance in my life

2 Likes

Re: What Has God Done For You? by plappville(f): 4:04pm On Sep 17, 2015
(Nigeria is the most religious country I can think of)

I think it is a culture thing for most Nigeria Christians to over do things. Most are self righteous. Believing they are the first to know God and will be the first to see Christ at his second coming. I call it Outward Christianity. The heart of a man is the very first key.

( (But compared to other countries who believe in atheism, homosexuality, science, they are flourishing more than us even ) )

This has nothing to do with believing in God or not. It is "Common Grace" from the Creator to all mankind. You believe or not u will still die, be rich or poor, sick or health, marry and have kids, eat or hungry etc. The word "common" here means something that is common to all pple and is not restricted to believers or to the elect only. In distinction from common grace, the grace of God tht brings pple to salvation is often called "saving grace". Of course, when we talk about "common grace" and "saving grace" we are not implying tht there re two different kinds of grace in God himself, but only tht God's grace manifests itself in the world in two different ways. Common grace is different from saving grace in its results *it does not bring about salvation*, in its recipients (its given to believers and unbelievers alike).

((What convinces you He exists?
What is one thing He has done for you that atheists don't have?))

D problem here is tht it is not God’s desire to just convince pple that he exists. But his desire for people to believe in him by faith. See (2 Peter 3:9) and accept by faith His gift of salvation (John 3:16). God has proved his existence many tyms in the OT (Genesis 6-9; Exodus 14:21-22; 1 Kings 18:19-31). Did the people believe tht God exists? Of course yes. Did dey turn 4rom their evil ways and obey God? Of course no. If a man is not willin to accpt God’s existence by faith, then he is definitely not ready to accept Jesus Christ as Savior by faith (Ephesians 2:8-9).

Yes i have Christ. But an athiest does not. John 6:26 Jesus answered, the work of God is this:to believe in the one he has sent. And Roman 10:9 If you confess with your mouth tht Jesus is Lord and believed in your heart that God raised him from dead, you will be Saved.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Has God Done For You? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 17, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
HI MzNElly

Hey babe
Re: What Has God Done For You? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 17, 2015
HomoSapiien:

god exists, but of course he's got nothing to do with this fvcking world of ours.

I wonder why sad

1 Like

Re: What Has God Done For You? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 17, 2015
plappville:

I think it is a culture thing for most Nigeria Christians to over do things. Most are self righteous. Believing they are the first to know God and will be the first to see Christ at his second coming. I call it Outward Christianity. The heart of a man is the very first key.

This has nothing to do with believing in God or not. It is "Common Grace" from the Creator to all mankind. You believe or not u will still die, be rich or poor, sick or health, marry and have kids, eat or hungry etc. The word "common" here means something that is common to all pple and is not restricted to believers or to the elect only. In distinction from common grace, the grace of God tht brings pple to salvation is often called "saving grace". Of course, when we talk about "common grace" and "saving grace" we are not implying tht there re two different kinds of grace in God himself, but only tht God's grace manifests itself in the world in two different ways. Common grace is different from saving grace in its results *it does not bring about salvation*, in its recipients (its given to believers and unbelievers alike).

D problem here is tht it is not God’s desire to just convince pple that he exists. But his desire for people to believe in him by faith. See (2 Peter 3:9) and accept by faith His gift of salvation (John 3:16). God has proved his existence many tyms in the OT (Genesis 6-9; Exodus 14:21-22; 1 Kings 18:19-31). Did the people believe tht God exists? Of course yes. Did dey turn 4rom their evil ways and obey God? Of course no. If a man is not willin to accpt God’s existence by faith, then he is definitely not ready to accept Jesus Christ as Savior by faith (Ephesians 2:8-9).

Yes i have Christ. But an athiest does not. John 6:26 Jesus answered, the work of God is this:to believe in the one he has sent. And Roman 10:9 If you confess with your mouth tht Jesus is Lord and believed in your heart that God raised him from dead, you will be Saved.

Thank you for your concise answer. smiley
Re: What Has God Done For You? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 17, 2015
aaronson:
Great time to address this....More concerned to answer this cus its from you and you the same chick who came on my thread some time ago to call me out for being atheist.

This question according to you is what every intelligent head ask and am glad you starting to act in that regard and ask questions but I tell you what,asking questions like this would never make you run out of more questions to ask and in the process you 'd realize,you have been stuck in the matrix.

Like you already know,I'm the internal atheist outside the matrix who is able to disable all god(s) mentally and leave religion concepts sounds more like literature metaphor to empirical reality.

god does nothing for nobody but the inner you which is your mind is the conscience of god in you to perceive the none existent god but yourself. To prove my hypothesis

In the book Ronson that starts with AA, For every winner who attributes his success to god is also another looser who blames god. #proudAtheist #ill mind #Nerd #Poc #Logic #hopsin #Dizzy right #goodwithoutgod #godless #nofuckgiven

shocked shocked

grin grin

Thanks. smiley
Re: What Has God Done For You? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 17, 2015
lilmax:
This one don turn atheist too cheesy

I'm not. undecided
Re: What Has God Done For You? by HomoSapiien: 5:19pm On Sep 17, 2015
MzNelly:

I wonder why sad

When you think about the vastness of the entire universe, you will no doubt understand the fact that the creator doesn't have time for one small planet called 'earth' talkless of some ants living in it. You grab my drift?
Re: What Has God Done For You? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Sep 17, 2015
HomoSapiien:

When you think about the vastness of the entire universe, you will no doubt understand the fact that the creator doesn't have time for one small planet called 'earth' talkless of some ants living in it. You grab my drift?

Yeah
Re: What Has God Done For You? by Nobody: 3:51am On Sep 18, 2015
MzNelly:

Hey babe
Hi boo. How are you doing? Hope you're good.
Re: What Has God Done For You? by frank317: 7:24am On Sep 18, 2015
The mind works in mysterious ways. When a mad man speaks to himself, do you wonder what his reality is? He seeS what is not there from your own point of view, but to him something/someone is actually communicating to him.

The seemingly right thinking mind could also be delusion in this like. The mind needs answers to a lot of things but the activity of digging and thinking deep can be stressful to the brain hence the 'God did' it answer.

Thanking God for goods things is an easy way out in understanding complex events. So many people accept religious teachings because it provides an escape from endless wonder of what life and its activities are all about and provides a comfort to the worrisome possibility that we could actually be here, going though the stress and drama of life for nothing.

After so many hardship in our environment, stress and working hard, the thought of God and the believe in his love is the only way our people can find peace.

I personally write books to escape reality... Different people do all sort of things to escape the feeling if vaniity that tends to overwhelm us at times.

But what and who is God? A being humans spend all their lives worshipin and arguing yet he has always been no where to be found.

Recall our forefathers believed in something too, thy had idols and believed it was also good to them just the way present age now internalize their idol and believe it is nice to them too.

ITS ALL IN THE MIND.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Has God Done For You? by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 18, 2015
frank317:
The mind works in mysterious ways. When a mad man speaks to himself, do you wonder what his reality is? He seeS what is not there from your own point of view, but to him something/someone is actually communicating to him.

The seemingly right thinking mind could also be delusion in this like. The mind needs answers to a lot of things but the activity of digging and thinking deep can be stressful to the brain hence the 'God did' it answer.

Thanking God for goods things is an easy way out in understanding complex events. So many people accept religious teachings because it provides an escape from endless wonder of what life and its activities are all about and provides a comfort to the worrisome possibility that we could actually be here, going though the stress and drama of life for nothing.

After so many hardship in our environment, stress and working hard, the thought of God and the believe in his love is the only way our people can find peace.

I personally write books to escape reality... Different people do all sort of things to escape the feeling if vaniity that tends to overwhelm us at times.

But what and who is God? A being humans spend all their lives worshipin and arguing yet he has always been no where to be found.

Recall our forefathers believed in something too, thy had idols and believed it was also good to them just the way present age now internalize their idol and believe it is nice to them too.

ITS ALL IN THE MIND.

Wow shocked

I'm in love with you. smiley
Re: What Has God Done For You? by naijathings(m): 11:16am On Sep 18, 2015
plappville:

I find it very annoying when someone who (let us assume) does not know anything about the Bible and God, asks a question such as this maybe so that he/she can learn from Christians and then we see Christians come to give answers but all they can do is to quote the Bible and tell us what John, Paul, Mathew, Moses and the rest said without being able to say how it personally concerns or affects them.

WHAT HAS GOD DONE FOR YOU? this is a very plain question void of ambiguity that demands a firm and personal answer as it concerns you personally but here we have people quoting the Bible and not really answering the question posed by MzNelly.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Has God Done For You? by Pidggin(f): 12:08pm On Sep 18, 2015
MzNelly:
I'm curious o
What has He personally done for you?

When you're blessed, you praise His name.
When you're distraught, you call Satan.

Is God just something we call to feel good?

Nigeria is the most religious country I can think of
But compared to other countries who believe in atheism, homosexuality, science, they are flourishing more than us even

What convinces you He exists?
What is one thing He has done for you that atheists don't have?

I just want to know sad

I remember when i fainted as a kid, life didn't end even though i was unconscious, God exists.
Re: What Has God Done For You? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 18, 2015
Pidggin:

I remember when i fainted as a kid, life didn't end even though i was unconscious, God exists.

Re: What Has God Done For You? by johnydon22(m): 1:57pm On Sep 18, 2015
[b]I have always affirmed that religious ideologies are ones derived to make a psychological soft landing pillow for people even when such postulations do not conform to the reality of the subject.

We have always heard statement like "God will provide" mustered by a mind that intends to derive hope from the channel of his/her circumstance to an abstract concept there fore creating a pillow of the mind where the mind embraces hope even if it's not there.

And this has being infused into every aspect of human life that it is hard to separate human society from the effects of religious ideologies.

To the most dangerous and unfair part of this that this psychological escape route rids people of their ability to take responsibility for their actions to the extent that we see people Thanking a God for the results of their actions or the actions of the people around them or blaming a devil for their failures.

An unjust idea and one of the most pernicious of such ideologies is that it makes the culpable end up begging a God for forgiveness to rid their guilt instead of apologizing to the people they have actually harmed or offended.

I have looked at the world from both a religious and an irreligious point of view, even though we look for magics, we look up to deities and other concepts that can be dubbed imaginative to pilot or affect our circumstances and actions.

One truth stands out, we are the only ones that can affect our actions and circumstances of ourselves and also that of others around us.

I do not need a God to determine my actions or purpose, neither will i give any abstract concept credit for my accomplishments or that of mankind.

I will never for one moment think that unfortunate events are part of the plans or the games of a deity be it a devil or a god.

Amidst all this "faith" "hope" and clamor for an escape route, i have always affirmed that:

"We do not need the help of any God or devil or any other vague concepts human have and revere, but rather we only need ourselves and each other."
[/b]

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Has God Done For You? by hahn(m): 2:22pm On Sep 18, 2015
Pidggin:

Just like when I went to the toilet to take a dump. I thought it would hurt but the poopoo came out with ease. It(god) exists

undecided

1 Like

Re: What Has God Done For You? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 18, 2015
ammyluv2002:
I believe in God.

God is creator of the Universe...He loves us all no matter the religion. You don't expect Him to cease the breath of an atheist, a scientist etc.

He's slow to anger and full of mercy.

That's the lie they told you which every other ignorant persons repeat without any evidence.
Re: What Has God Done For You? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 18, 2015
Pidggin:

You fainted ok, did you see god or aliens?
Re: What Has God Done For You? by Pidggin(f): 2:48pm On Sep 18, 2015
ifeness:

You fainted ok, did you see god or aliens?

I still had my body but in an immortal form, still nearby watching people attend to me, but not able to hear or communicate with them, felt an overwhelming sense of peace, only remember seeing very clear bright/blue light, then I regained consciousness.

You can doubt or believe what you want, it's really up to you, Shallom.
Re: What Has God Done For You? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 18, 2015
Pidggin:

I still had my body but in an immortal form, still nearby watching people attend to me, but not able to hear or communicate with them, felt an overwhelming sense of peace, only remember seeing very clear bright/blue light, then I regained consciousness.

You can doubt or believe what you want, it's really up to you.

Fair enough,but you did not see god. You are obviously not your body,when you die you are still you. That's what you experienced. The body is only a Vehicle. You claimed you felt overwhelming sense of peace which means you briefly turned into pure energy as you were out of your cage.

Religion,god,jesus are meant to belittle humans. We are all gods and goddesses
Re: What Has God Done For You? by ammyluv2002(f): 3:06pm On Sep 18, 2015
ifeness:

That's the lie they told you which every other ignorant persons repeat without any evidence.
Do i need to prove anything to you? NO! I don't need to convince you on the things He has done for me. It's a personal thing....
Re: What Has God Done For You? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 18, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Do i need to prove anything to you? NO! I don't need to convince you on the things He has done for me. It's a personal thing....

How do we know you are telling the truth?
Re: What Has God Done For You? by ammyluv2002(f): 3:13pm On Sep 18, 2015
ifeness:

How do we know you are telling the truth?
Cause I'm alive

1 Like

Re: What Has God Done For You? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 18, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Cause I'm alive

But you claimed you felt more alive when you passed out. That means whoever put u in your body is wicked.

Shows you have been ill-educated

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atheists How Is This Possible.(Viewers Discretion is Advised) / Catholic Church And August Meeting. / Some Of Satan's Tricks To Get Us To Lose Faith In Christ Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.