Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Requesting For Scholarship Suggestions - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Requesting For Scholarship Suggestions (1198 Views)

Jigawa Govt Releases N127m For Scholarship. / Why Should We Consider You For Scholarship / New Read Information For Scholarship To Study Abroad, Deadline - 30/09/08 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Requesting For Scholarship Suggestions by ireke(m): 7:31am On Oct 06, 2006
I am a Nigerian and I just got an offer of admission for a Masters Program in University of Houston starting in Spring semester (January 2007). I will be studying as an International Student so I won't be allowed to work outside the campus. Do you think I can get a scholarship between now and January? Where, How?
Re: Requesting For Scholarship Suggestions by Omonla(f): 5:34am On Nov 13, 2006
You likely won't be able to get a scholarship so soon before school resumes. Your best bet to obtaining scholarships at U of H now is complete 12 credit hours or more during your first semester and be in good academic standing i.e. 3.0 grade point average or better (on a scale of 4.0), It would be best to have at least a 3.5 because there is so much competition for those scholarships. Then, you will be able to apply for scholarships for the next semester.

The office of international students offers grants and in-state tuition waivers to international students who have high GPAs. The in-state tuition will allow you to pay fees as if you were a Texas/U.S. resident (much cheaper than the international tuition that you would have to pay in your first semester). You get the waiver only if you obtain the scholarship - Or find a job on campus as a research assistant (or graduate assistant, if you are a graduate student).

Check out the international students web site and the info on grants and scholarships:

http://www.issso.uh.edu/finances/tpegisssoscholarship.html
Re: Requesting For Scholarship Suggestions by Omonla(f): 5:36am On Nov 13, 2006
I went to school in the deep south, by the way.
Re: Requesting For Scholarship Suggestions by ireke(m): 4:28pm On Nov 15, 2006
Thanks Omonla. that info is useful. I still dey pray make dem give me visa sha.

(1) (Reply)

Elect/Elect HNd Holder: What Degree Should I Aim For? / Jamb Exam In Uk / Unijos Or Uniabuja Pre Degree Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.