Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Alas! 4G Confirmed To Work On Tecno Phantom 5 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Alas! 4G Confirmed To Work On Tecno Phantom 5 (4396 Views)

Infinix Confirmed To Launch The Infinix Hot 6 And Hot 6 Pro / My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W / The Tecno Phantom 5 & The LED TV + Multitasking / Battery Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alas! 4G Confirmed To Work On Tecno Phantom 5 by Cerebrum(m): 11:55am On Sep 17, 2015
So earlier today on twitter, I saw a tweet that the new Phantom 5 works the 4G network effectively, because Smile (pun intended). I was shocked to see someone cut his Sim and try such. Amazeballz. Really looks like Tecno has upped their game. Doesn't look anything like a joking sturvz.

Here's what Mr. Mobility says on trying it out.

Yesterday, it occurred to me that since the new TECNO Phantom 5 flagship is both 4G/LTE and Dual SIM, it would be great to put my Smile 4G SIM in it and not have to carry a separate mifi device around with me. You see, I love to travel light. The question was whether or not the Phantom 5 supported Smile’s LTE band.

Well, you know how we get excited here at MobilityArena.com when we get an opportunity to experiment. So, I set my heart to find out.

Today, I cut my Smile SIM into microSIM size, then put it into the Phantom alongside my Glo SIM. The phone immediately recognised both SIMs and asked me to pick which SIM would serve for calls, which for SMS, and which for data. I picked Glo for the first two and Smile for the last.

Next, I went to Mobile Networks and pegged the Smile SIM to 4G Only.

Then, I setup an APN for Smile (I named it “Smile 4G”), as follows:

APN Name: internet
Password: Nil (No password needed)
Proxy : Nil (No proxy needed)
IP Version: IPv4
I then selected that APN, and thereafter turned on mobile data. *drum roll*

The 4G icon popped up in the notification bar at the top of the phone and I was connected at broadband speeds immediately. And I, Mister Mobility, lived happily ever after.

To God be the glory.

God knows I'ld get this device, only to provoke my MTN and Airtel brothers. Yeah! I know, I'm Vain.

Source: http://mobilityarena.com/this-was-what-happened-when-i-put-my-smile-4g-sim-in-tecno-phantom-5/

Re: Alas! 4G Confirmed To Work On Tecno Phantom 5 by cooldays(m): 12:05pm On Sep 17, 2015
Power you Tecno with SME data plan from Airtel for as low as 250mb for 400 Naira

http://www.gsmgist.com/2015/09/airtel-sme-data-250mb-for-400-naira.html?m=1
Re: Alas! 4G Confirmed To Work On Tecno Phantom 5 by Femikutti: 12:08pm On Sep 17, 2015
Confirm.....
But only with a 4g enabled netwrk
Re: Alas! 4G Confirmed To Work On Tecno Phantom 5 by NCP: 12:12pm On Sep 17, 2015
Tecno Ph5 no be the first LTE enable device in Naija many others don exist before now, And I believe 4G LTE dey all over Naija abi. Some peps sef.

1 Like

Re: Alas! 4G Confirmed To Work On Tecno Phantom 5 by Cerebrum(m): 1:29pm On Sep 17, 2015
NCP:
Tecno Ph5 no be the first LTE enable device in Naija many others don exist before now, And I believe 4G LTE dey all over Naija abi. Some peps sef.

You no sabi English? The article says CONFIRMED to use 4G LTE. Its the first confirmed to work. Tecno users need not go for other brands again. Because, the new Phantom has got what it takes. Premium features.

1 Like

Re: Alas! 4G Confirmed To Work On Tecno Phantom 5 by Cerebrum(m): 1:30pm On Sep 17, 2015
Femikutti:
Confirm.....

Before! In 4G enabled areas too.
Re: Alas! 4G Confirmed To Work On Tecno Phantom 5 by NCP: 1:47pm On Sep 17, 2015
If it Walks like a Duck, Looks Like A Duck and Quacks Like A Duck, Definitely It Is a Duck

Give a Pig Good Name, Dress It in a Nice Looking Suit and Place It in a Cool Looking Environment in Banana Island. Bro. Na Still Pig Character Hin Go Exhibit.

Premium my backside.

Cerebrum:

Because, the new Phantom has got what it takes. Premium features.

3 Likes

Re: Alas! 4G Confirmed To Work On Tecno Phantom 5 by Cerebrum(m): 1:55pm On Sep 17, 2015
NCP:
If it Walks like a Duck, Looks Like A Duck and Quacks Like A Duck, Definitely It Is a Duck

Give a Pig Good Name, Dress It in a Nice Looking Suit and Place It in a Cool Looking Environment in Banana Island. Bro. Na Still Pig Character Hin Go Exhibit.

Premium my backside.

No point made. Run along.

1 Like

Re: Alas! 4G Confirmed To Work On Tecno Phantom 5 by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 17, 2015
Cerebrum:
So earlier today on twitter, I saw a tweet that the new Phantom 5 works the 4G network effectively, because Smile (pun intended). I was shocked to see someone cut his Sim and try such. Amazeballz. Really looks like Tecno has upped their game. Doesn't look anything like a joking sturvz.

Yesterday, it occurred to me that since the new TECNO Phantom 5 flagship is both 4G/LTE and Dual SIM, it would be great to put my Smile 4G SIM in it and not have to carry a separate mifi device around with me. You see, I love to travel light. The question was whether or not the Phantom 5 supported Smile’s LTE band.

Well, you know how we get excited here at MobilityArena.com when we get an opportunity to experiment. So, I set my heart to find out.

Today, I cut my Smile SIM into microSIM size, then put it into the Phantom alongside my Glo SIM. The phone immediately recognised both SIMs and asked me to pick which SIM would serve for calls, which for SMS, and which for data. I picked Glo for the first two and Smile for the last.

The 4G icon popped up in the notification bar at the top of the phone and I was connected at broadband speeds immediately. And I, Mister Mobility, lived happily ever after.

To God be the glory.

God knows I'ld get this device, only to provoke my MTN and Airtel brothers. Yeah! I know, I'm Vain.

Source: http://mobilityarena.com/this-was-what-happened-when-i-put-my-smile-4g-sim-in-tecno-phantom-5/
I can't do this argument again.wen u gat d phantom 5 put ur mtn,airtel,glo or etisalat sim and start using ur spiritual non exixtent lte.
Re: Alas! 4G Confirmed To Work On Tecno Phantom 5 by omoalajah(m): 3:26pm On Sep 17, 2015
This is good news . had been anticipating the DAY I will be able to use my spectranet on mobile phone. no more to mobile networks cheating with expensive internet.
Re: Alas! 4G Confirmed To Work On Tecno Phantom 5 by omoalajah(m): 3:29pm On Sep 17, 2015
What are you insinuating bro... did he tell you that Mtn Airtel, Glo or Etisalat has a working 4G LTE network he was specific with smile which is one of the 4G LTE network provider we have.
davthom:
I can't do this argument again.wen u gat d phantom 5 put ur mtn,airtel,glo or etisalat sim and start using ur spiritual non exixtent lte.
Re: Alas! 4G Confirmed To Work On Tecno Phantom 5 by Nobody: 4:17pm On Sep 17, 2015
omoalajah:
What are you insinuating bro... did he tell you that Mtn Airtel, Glo or Etisalat has a working 4G LTE network he was specific with smile which is one of the 4G LTE network provider we have.
OK didn't see that.but if its smile then its limited to only browsing.and will probably only function in some states.plus there are many other late smart phones in Nigeria that can use smile lte

1 Like

Re: Alas! 4G Confirmed To Work On Tecno Phantom 5 by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 17, 2015
Impressive. So sweet. Top notch. But this price mehn. Only for the rich. The broke ones shouldnt come out and start dissing this mighty giant oo. If your money no reach go buy Camon grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Alas! 4G Confirmed To Work On Tecno Phantom 5 by Youngpo413: 8:55pm On Sep 17, 2015
Nice one
Re: Alas! 4G Confirmed To Work On Tecno Phantom 5 by Cerebrum(m): 6:57pm On Sep 18, 2015
davthom:

Why so slow? How much proof do you require? It works with Sims like Smile, spectranet, swift. Abi you don't know Smile ni? One Sim allows for 4G network (confirmed to work on PT 5) and the other allows for 3G networks like MTN, airtel, Etisalat and Co. Hian.
Re: Alas! 4G Confirmed To Work On Tecno Phantom 5 by Cerebrum(m): 7:00pm On Sep 18, 2015
omoalajah:
This is good news . had been anticipating the DAY I will be able to use my spectranet on mobile phone. no more to mobile networks cheating with expensive internet.

Gbam! Exactly. I bet this could cause 4G networks to start selling Sims apart from modems
Re: Alas! 4G Confirmed To Work On Tecno Phantom 5 by Cerebrum(m): 7:00pm On Sep 18, 2015
Youngpo413:
Nice one

Fresh one. TECNO dey try. God sef dey their back.
Re: Alas! 4G Confirmed To Work On Tecno Phantom 5 by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 18, 2015
Cerebrum:

Why so slow? How much proof do you require? It works with Sims like Smile, spectranet, swift. Abi you don't know Smile ni? One Sim allows for 4G network (confirmed to work on PT 5) and the other allows for 3G networks like MTN, airtel, Etisalat and Co. Hian.
you shed read d comment were I wrote lte sims like smile and others won't be able to make calls and send SMS.if you are phone with that and just want to use it as your browsing sim the prob lem then becomes that lte in smart,spectra net are limited to 2 or 3 states out of 36 states
Re: Alas! 4G Confirmed To Work On Tecno Phantom 5 by Cerebrum(m): 11:30pm On Sep 18, 2015
davthom:
you shed read d comment were I wrote lte sims like smile and others won't be able to make calls and send SMS.if you are phone with that and just want to use it as your browsing sim the prob lem then becomes that lte in smart,spectra net are limited to 2 or 3 states out of 36 states

Exactly. We all know LTE sims haven't made calls and SMS available in the country. We are only advocating for powerful top notch mobile internet speed, and that's now available. This could very well suggest the call and SMS idea to these companies. Yeah! Spectranet seeing this development could very well increase their bandwidth.
Re: Alas! 4G Confirmed To Work On Tecno Phantom 5 by ChidinmaRose(f): 11:14am On Sep 19, 2015
Yes ooo. The 4G stuff is very cool. grin

Femikutti:
Confirm.....
Re: Alas! 4G Confirmed To Work On Tecno Phantom 5 by BenKafor(m): 11:50am On Sep 19, 2015
hahaha MTN will have your head for this post. The 4G is cool though

Cerebrum:

To God be the glory.

Re: Alas! 4G Confirmed To Work On Tecno Phantom 5 by BenKafor(m): 11:51am On Sep 19, 2015
Premium features for premium people.

Cerebrum:

You no sabi English? The article says CONFIRMED to use 4G LTE. Its the first confirmed to work. Tecno users need not go for other brands again. Because, the new Phantom has got what it takes. Premium features.
Re: Alas! 4G Confirmed To Work On Tecno Phantom 5 by BenKafor(m): 11:51am On Sep 19, 2015
Exactly

Cerebrum:

Exactly. We all know LTE sims haven't made calls and SMS available in the country. We are only advocating for powerful top notch mobile internet speed, and that's now available. This could very well suggest the call and SMS idea to these companies. Yeah! Spectranet seeing this development could very well increase their bandwidth.
Re: Alas! 4G Confirmed To Work On Tecno Phantom 5 by BenKafor(m): 11:52am On Sep 19, 2015
Don't ind him, He doesnt understand what we are all talking about here.

Cerebrum:

Re: Alas! 4G Confirmed To Work On Tecno Phantom 5 by BenKafor(m): 11:53am On Sep 19, 2015
LOL. Its only 70k I am sure you can afford it joor. cool

Babs876:
Impressive. So sweet. Top notch. But this price mehn. Only for the rich. The broke ones shouldnt come out and start dissing this mighty giant oo. If your money no reach go buy Camon grin grin grin grin
Re: Alas! 4G Confirmed To Work On Tecno Phantom 5 by BenKafor(m): 11:56am On Sep 19, 2015
I just dey wonder o

omoalajah:
Re: Alas! 4G Confirmed To Work On Tecno Phantom 5 by BenKafor(m): 12:01pm On Sep 19, 2015
You can say that again.

ChidinmaRose:
Yes ooo. The 4G stuff is very cool. grin

Re: Alas! 4G Confirmed To Work On Tecno Phantom 5 by Ana5000(f): 12:33pm On Sep 19, 2015
70 k is much o, but i expected it to be this expensive because of it features

BenKafor:
LOL. Its only 70k I am sure you can afford it joor. cool

Re: Alas! 4G Confirmed To Work On Tecno Phantom 5 by Ana5000(f): 12:33pm On Sep 19, 2015
Only the big boys will have it.

BenKafor:
Premium features for premium people.

Re: Alas! 4G Confirmed To Work On Tecno Phantom 5 by Ana5000(f): 12:34pm On Sep 19, 2015
This phone will be one fast phone. I mean 3GB RAM, Octacore. woaw
Re: Alas! 4G Confirmed To Work On Tecno Phantom 5 by Cerebrum(m): 10:03am On Sep 21, 2015
BenKafor:
Don't ind him, He doesnt understand what we are all talking about here.

Before.. I don't have time to be convincing somebody of stuff on here.
Re: Alas! 4G Confirmed To Work On Tecno Phantom 5 by Cerebrum(m): 10:05am On Sep 21, 2015
BenKafor:
Exactly

Na good suggestion na. Doesn't Tecno just know how to relate with her environment? Great stuff, you get my point, yeah?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Repair The Mouth Piece Of Your Phone -do It Yourself / Enjoy 2gb MTN Data For 500 Naira / Samsung Galaxy Phones Below 50000, 40000 Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.