Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,202 members, 7,822,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Can Bad Fuel Affect The Trottle Position Sensor (TPS)? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Can Bad Fuel Affect The Trottle Position Sensor (TPS)? (1354 Views)

This Is What Bad Fuel Will Do To Your Car: 7 Effects Of Bad Fuel In Your Car / Does My Car Have Good Or Bad Fuel Economy? / WARNING!!!! 5 Common Symptoms Of A Bad Fuel Pump. (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Bad Fuel Affect The Trottle Position Sensor (TPS)? by dandollar1: 12:16pm On Sep 17, 2015
Good day, good people. I refuelled my car, a 2007 Honda accord last week. The malfunction indicator came on about two days later,and a scan brought a code, P2138, showing there was a problem with the TPS. The car stalls and also jerks when shifting from gear 1 to 2 while in motion, and when the gear stick is shifted to R or from R while stationary.

Now, two of my office vehicles, both of them, Toyota had issues after buying fuel from the same source earlier that week, so that the fuel pump of one of them had to be changed.

Each time I reset the engine with the scanner, the light comes up in 5mins or less.

Could it be possible that it is the bad fuel that could be affecting the engine while the system is throwing a code p2138 that has to do with the TPS?

Please, I await your responses and suggestions. Thank you.
Re: Can Bad Fuel Affect The Trottle Position Sensor (TPS)? by kingreign(m): 5:34pm On Sep 17, 2015
dandollar1:
Good day, good people. I refuelled my car, a 2007 Honda accord last week. The malfunction indicator came on about two days later,and a scan brought a code, P2138, showing there was a problem with the TPS. The car stalls and also jerks when shifting from gear 1 to 2 while in motion, and when the gear stick is shifted to R or from R while stationary.

Now, two of my office vehicles, both of them, Toyota had issues after buying fuel from the same source earlier that week, so that the fuel pump of one of them had to be changed.

Each time I reset the engine with the scanner, the light comes up in 5mins or less.

Could it be possible that it is the bad fuel that could be affecting the engine while the system is throwing a code p2138 that has to do with the TPS?

If you're in Lagos, ask for Gazzuzz, 07023251039
If you're in Abuja, Mike 07034581213

Don't tamper anyhow with your TPS, its an "experienced technician only" serviceable part.
Thanks.
Re: Can Bad Fuel Affect The Trottle Position Sensor (TPS)? by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:59pm On Sep 17, 2015
dandollar1:

Introduce your engine type properly.

What type of throttle body does your vehicle have??

Drive by cable
[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdMHHOrps7lOIqAyplbrTACTcfVxHFk-wSBUqneOSAvzJKxwjZkQ[/img]

Electronic
[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTS1i4UQtgyzDq9ZyAlaj5Ok8N1-zGOogbsU1gLMdTlGa82usz4kw[/img]

If it is the first pic, disconnect the socket and check for corrosion and re-install you might be lucky.
Re: Can Bad Fuel Affect The Trottle Position Sensor (TPS)? by dandollar1: 8:32pm On Sep 17, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Introduce your engine type properly.

What type of throttle body does your vehicle have??

Drive by cable
[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdMHHOrps7lOIqAyplbrTACTcfVxHFk-wSBUqneOSAvzJKxwjZkQ[/img]

Electronic
[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTS1i4UQtgyzDq9ZyAlaj5Ok8N1-zGOogbsU1gLMdTlGa82usz4kw[/img]

If it is the first pic, disconnect the socket and check for corrosion and re-install you might be lucky.

thanks. My engine is a four cylinder engine. I removed the socket and sprayed with electrical contact cleaner two days ago. Nothing changed
Re: Can Bad Fuel Affect The Trottle Position Sensor (TPS)? by mayor2013: 8:37pm On Sep 17, 2015
dandollar1:
thanks. My engine is a four cylinder engine. I removed the socket and sprayed with electrical contact cleaner two days ago. Nothing changed

What did you spray. Your car has gone into" limp home mode" actual values on your scan tool would help out.

(1) (Reply)

Cost Of Toyota Avensis 2005 Power Steering Pump? / Does A V6 Camry Pencil Consumes Fuel Excessively? / Anybody Knows Why Government Rejects Made In Nigeria Cars?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.