Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,166 members, 7,849,602 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:33 AM

Satan Goes To Church : As Ritualists Storm Abia Church, Abduct Prophetess' Daughter, Strangle Her, - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Satan Goes To Church : As Ritualists Storm Abia Church, Abduct Prophetess' Daughter, Strangle Her, (2689 Views)

Dasukigate: I Won't Come To Court, Unless You Abduct Me - Dasuki / Major Jack Wears Slippers To Church - Photos / 117 Year Old Man Goes To Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Satan Goes To Church : As Ritualists Storm Abia Church, Abduct Prophetess' Daughter, Strangle Her, by nwosas(m): 1:10pm On Apr 11, 2009
Two blood thirsty eye-plucking ritualists, who have no fear for God have defiled the holiest of places. They stormed a church, the Jerusalem Christ Healing church in Ohiya Community of Umuahia South Local Government Area of Abia state.
But that was not all the sacrilege these satans in human form committed: they abducted a sleeping 10-year-old grand daughter of the Female shepherd in charge of the church to a nearby bush where they strangled her with her sleeping wrapper and then, went ahead to pluck out her two eyes.
The evil men who were said to have stormed the church under the cover of darkness in the wee hours of the fateful day had knocked at the gate leading into the church compound, commanding a male voice that asked them of their mission to open the gate of the Church for them or face the consequences if they eventually forced their way in.
Frightened that they would make good their threat if they came in, the man, said to be undergoing some days of prayers and vigil inside the church hall, asked them to go and come back in the morning.
When they persisted with their threat and endless knocking, he was said to have quietly opened the back door and sneaked into the cover of darkness.
Furious that their command was not obeyed, the ritual killers scaled the fence of the church, to come after the praying man who they did not know had also sneaked out through the back door of the building, knowing that if they caught him inside, he would be in serious trouble.
He was said to have run to the nearby buildings to alert the occupants of the dangers which the shepherd and her sleeping grand daughter were likely to be in.
While there, trying to get help, the men of the night who by now were inside the compound, with their torchlight commenced their search for him, determined to deal with him for refusing to open the gate of the church compound for them.
The first person they saw was the Prophetess, 60 years old Mrs Anna Onyemachi, who by now was shivering near the altar where she had run to for safety,believing that the people would not come after her at the altar of God. But she was wrong.
To her amazement, the ritual killers, who showed no fear of God or man pounced on her and while one of them was trying to choke the life out of her, the other was serious trying to pluck out her two eyes with his finger nails.
While the struggle was going on, a source within the church told Daily Sun, they were beating her to demobilize her to allow them to pluck out her eyes.
At a point, she realized that if she continued talking and struggling with them, they would keep on beating her and so she suddenly feigned to have lost all energy and pretended to have died.
At this juncture, they left her to go and search for the man who refused to open the door for them to probably come back and accomplish their mission of removing her two eyes.
Immediately they left she crawled out of the church hall, opened the back yard door and ran into the cover of darkness as well.
When her assailants came back for her and did not see her, they got angry and started throwing chairs and tables upside down in search of her and any other person who might still be inside the church.
It was on this process of searching for her that they stumbled onto her sleeping 10 year old grand daughter, called Chiamaka, an Orphan, whose parents had died leaving her at the care of her grand mother, the prophetess.
Chiamaka, a primary school pupil who is actually nine-going-on-ten, had been living with her granny since her father and mother died.
They quickly abducted her in her sleeping state, eventhough she was said to have woken and started crying out to her grand mother and others for help.
The innocent girl was said to have been asking her assailants "what have I done to you", until they forced the clothe with which she sleeping into her mouth to stop her from shouting further.
Our source said that they took her into a nearby bush, few poles away from the church, where they strangled her with her sleeping cloth. They then spread out her body on the ground like an animal meant for satanic sacrifice and plucked out her two eyes.
Another unconfirmed report said that the assailants also removed something from her private organs as well as her little breast they were only just beginning to form and disappeared into the darkness of the night.
Meanwhile, the Abia State Criminal Investigative Department ( State CID Umuagu Ibeku, ) of the of the Nigerian Police has waded into the matter to unravel the mystery behind the killing and mutilation of late Chiamaka.
Recently, a meeting was held between the girls' parents' relations from Anambra State and her maternal home people, at which the decision was taken to bury her remains, since the investigation had not yielded any fruit after long after she was murdered in cold blood.
Jerusalem Christ Healing Mission is a church whose headquarters is in Azumiri area of Aba, Abia state. The Ohiya branch was said to have been brought by the late Pastor Onyemachi 20years ago. At his death, Pastor Onyemachi's wife, Anna (now 60 years old) took over the pastoring of the church.
Meanwhile, the church which has been existing in the family house of the Onyemachis has allegedly been uprooted by an elderly son of the family (names withheld) who is said not to have been supportive of the mother still running a church in their family house.
Our source said that he came back from Abuja after the incident, uprooted the altar and removed everything that has to do with the church, asking the mother to look for a neutral place if she still wants to continue with pastoring the church.
Also, one of his sisters who was also not in support of their mother running the church in their family house allegedly came home to set the remaining property of the church still in their house ablaze.
When Daily Sun visited the church earlier in the week, some burnt property of the church were seen littering the front of the building which hitherto housed the Jerusalem Christ healing Mission.
Residents who live near the church said that ever since the church was burnt down, the pastor of the church had not been seen. "We heard that she has ran away from home after the children destroyed the church property."
Incidentally, until the visit by Daily Sun, everything about the dastardly act had been kept hush-hush. The sign which shows that the house was once a church has equally been covered with a splash of paint.
Re: Satan Goes To Church : As Ritualists Storm Abia Church, Abduct Prophetess' Daughter, Strangle Her, by jona2: 1:18pm On Apr 11, 2009
nwosas:

[b]Two blood thirsty eye-plucking ritualists, who have no fear for God have defiled the holiest of places. They stormed a church, the Jerusalem Christ Healing church in Ohiya Community of Umuahia South Local Government Area of Abia state.
But that was not all the sacrilege these satans in human form committed: they abducted a sleeping 10-year-old grand daughter of the Female shepherd in charge of the church to a nearby bush where they strangled her with her sleeping wrapper and then, went ahead to pluck out her two eyes.
The evil men who were said to have stormed the church under the cover of darkness in the wee hours of the fateful day had knocked at the gate leading into the church compound, commanding a male voice that asked them of their mission to open the gate of the Church for them or face the consequences if they eventually forced their way in.
Frightened that they would make good their threat if they came in, the man, said to be undergoing some days of prayers and vigil inside the church hall, asked them to go and come back in the morning.
When they persisted with their threat and endless knocking, he was said to have quietly opened the back door and sneaked into the cover of darkness.
Furious that their command was not obeyed, the ritual killers scaled the fence of the church, to come after the praying man who they did not know had also sneaked out through the back door of the building, knowing that if they caught him inside, he would be in serious trouble.
He was said to have run to the nearby buildings to alert the occupants of the dangers which the shepherd and her sleeping grand daughter were likely to be in.
While there, trying to get help, the men of the night who by now were inside the compound, with their torchlight commenced their search for him, determined to deal with him for refusing to open the gate of the church compound for them.
The first person they saw was the Prophetess, 60 years old Mrs Anna Onyemachi, who by now was shivering near the altar where she had run to for safety,believing that the people would not come after her at the altar of God. But she was wrong.
To her amazement, the ritual killers, who showed no fear of God or man pounced on her and while one of them was trying to choke the life out of her, the other was serious trying to pluck out her two eyes with his finger nails.
While the struggle was going on, a source within the church told Daily Sun, they were beating her to demobilize her to allow them to pluck out her eyes.
At a point, she realized that if she continued talking and struggling with them, they would keep on beating her and so she suddenly feigned to have lost all energy and pretended to have died.
At this juncture, they left her to go and search for the man who refused to open the door for them to probably come back and accomplish their mission of removing her two eyes.
Immediately they left she crawled out of the church hall, opened the back yard door and ran into the cover of darkness as well.
When her assailants came back for her and did not see her, they got angry and started throwing chairs and tables upside down in search of her and any other person who might still be inside the church.
It was on this process of searching for her that they stumbled onto her sleeping 10 year old grand daughter, called Chiamaka, an Orphan, whose parents had died leaving her at the care of her grand mother, the prophetess.
Chiamaka, a primary school pupil who is actually nine-going-on-ten, had been living with her granny since her father and mother died.
They quickly abducted her in her sleeping state, eventhough she was said to have woken and started crying out to her grand mother and others for help.
The innocent girl was said to have been asking her assailants "what have I done to you", until they forced the clothe with which she sleeping into her mouth to stop her from shouting further.
Our source said that they took her into a nearby bush, few poles away from the church, where they strangled her with her sleeping cloth. They then spread out her body on the ground like an animal meant for satanic sacrifice and plucked out her two eyes.
Another unconfirmed report said that the assailants also removed something from her private organs as well as her little breast they were only just beginning to form and disappeared into the darkness of the night.
Meanwhile, the Abia State Criminal Investigative Department ( State CID Umuagu Ibeku, ) of the of the Nigerian Police has waded into the matter to unravel the mystery behind the killing and mutilation of late Chiamaka.
Recently, a meeting was held between the girls' parents' relations from Anambra State and her maternal home people, at which the decision was taken to bury her remains, since the investigation had not yielded any fruit after long after she was murdered in cold blood.
Jerusalem Christ Healing Mission is a church whose headquarters is in Azumiri area of Aba, Abia state. The Ohiya branch was said to have been brought by the late Pastor Onyemachi 20years ago. At his death, Pastor Onyemachi's wife, Anna (now 60 years old) took over the pastoring of the church.
Meanwhile, the church which has been existing in the family house of the Onyemachis has allegedly been uprooted by an elderly son of the family (names withheld) who is said not to have been supportive of the mother still running a church in their family house.
Our source said that he came back from Abuja after the incident, uprooted the altar and removed everything that has to do with the church, asking the mother to look for a neutral place if she still wants to continue with pastoring the church[/b].
Also, one of his sisters who was also not in support of their mother running the church in their family house allegedly came home to set the remaining property of the church still in their house ablaze.
When Daily Sun visited the church earlier in the week, some burnt property of the church were seen littering the front of the building which hitherto housed the Jerusalem Christ healing Mission.
Residents who live near the church said that ever since the church was burnt down, the pastor of the church had not been seen. "We heard that she has ran away from home after the children destroyed the church property."
Incidentally, until the visit by Daily Sun, everything about the dastardly act had been kept hush-hush. The sign which shows that the house was once a church has equally been covered with a splash of paint.
[b][/b]
Re: Satan Goes To Church : As Ritualists Storm Abia Church, Abduct Prophetess' Daughter, Strangle Her, by jona2: 1:19pm On Apr 11, 2009
sad shocked
Re: Satan Goes To Church : As Ritualists Storm Abia Church, Abduct Prophetess' Daughter, Strangle Her, by oderemo(m): 1:23pm On Apr 11, 2009
justice is in the hand of GOD not man. GOD will punish these guys at his apportioned time, lets wait.
Re: Satan Goes To Church : As Ritualists Storm Abia Church, Abduct Prophetess' Daughter, Strangle Her, by redsun(m): 1:42pm On Apr 11, 2009
Ngeria is becoming more and more gruesomely backward.Kai,the effects of mental slavery,people are like walking dead,educated or not.Eyes wide open that can't see.
Re: Satan Goes To Church : As Ritualists Storm Abia Church, Abduct Prophetess' Daughter, Strangle Her, by lucabrasi(m): 2:32pm On Apr 11, 2009
really sad,just wondering why it took so long for people to get there and engage the ritualists, considering the first guy that sneaked out purpotedly went into the town/village to sound an alarm,not only that but the foster mum as well,it would have taken them several minutes if not more than 1 hr to scatter the church,then proceed to tie and take the girl out,strangle her and then proceed to remove her eyes and other parts,where were the ppl
Re: Satan Goes To Church : As Ritualists Storm Abia Church, Abduct Prophetess' Daughter, Strangle Her, by ElRazur: 4:36pm On Apr 11, 2009
If the story is even remotely true, I suppose this proves there is no god as far as am concerned. Man exist and rules period.

Surely if god exist, he would have forewarned his own people about the impending attack, after all he knows everything isn't? I mean, what kind of God sits back and watch his own people die? That young girl that was killed in a brutal way do not deserve to die or is this her destiny as written by God?

It is pathetic that at this young girl funeral, some ignorant people will claim it is all an act of God and it was meant to be. I even have a feeling the Pastor will be there to "pray" for the parent and everyone, Gosh. Ignorance at the highest level.

People need to emancipate their minds from these religion non-sense and engage their brains instead.

Before, all the religion fanatics come attacking me, I suppose they can answer those questions I asked in my post. Surely, it shouldn't be hard to explain.
Re: Satan Goes To Church : As Ritualists Storm Abia Church, Abduct Prophetess' Daughter, Strangle Her, by Kobojunkie: 4:46pm On Apr 11, 2009
WOW!!! Africa, save thine own self!!!
Re: Satan Goes To Church : As Ritualists Storm Abia Church, Abduct Prophetess' Daughter, Strangle Her, by Frizy(m): 4:56pm On Apr 11, 2009
ElRazur:

If the story is even remotely true, I suppose this proves there is no god as far as am concerned. Man exist and rules period.

Surely if god exist, he would have forewarned his own people about the impending attack,

Am sorry my friend, but you lack wisdom. A thing far fetched from beings that have no sense.

after all he knows everything isn't? I mean, what kind of God sits back and watch his own people die? That young girl that was killed in a brutal well do not deserve to die or is this her destiny as written by God?

God sits back, to drag your kind to hell. Just wait. angry

It is pathetic that at this young girl funeral, some ignorant people will claim it is all an act of God and it was meant to be. I even have a feeling the Pastor will be there to "pray" for the parent and everyone, Gosh. Ignorance at the highest level.

Your own ignorance can't be overemphasized either.

People need to emancipate their minds from these religion non-sense and engage their brains instead.

Now you claim you have brains? The best brains are those who realize their imperfection.

Before, all the religion fanatics come attacking me, I suppose they can answer those questions I asked in my post. Surely, it shouldn't be hard to explain.

Why did you even post, do you act before thinking? angry
Re: Satan Goes To Church : As Ritualists Storm Abia Church, Abduct Prophetess' Daughter, Strangle Her, by ElRazur: 5:15pm On Apr 11, 2009
@Frizy.

There is nothing ignorant about what I posted. All I asked are simple common sense and logical questions that anyone will ask. smiley

I noticed you never provide any answer directly to my questions, and instead just ranted. When you do, I will probably reply.
Re: Satan Goes To Church : As Ritualists Storm Abia Church, Abduct Prophetess' Daughter, Strangle Her, by amarilo: 5:44pm On Apr 11, 2009
There is nothing ignorant about what I posted. All I asked are simple common sense and logical questions that anyone will ask.
Things of God are not done on logic dude
Re: Satan Goes To Church : As Ritualists Storm Abia Church, Abduct Prophetess' Daughter, Strangle Her, by ElRazur: 5:51pm On Apr 11, 2009
amarilo:

I hear that all the time and quite frankly, I think it is a line used as a "get out of jail card" when debating religion. It is also common for Christians/Muslims to claim the "only the foolish says their is no God" etc.

Look it makes no sense for that young girl to die like that. Period. Assuming she was "created" by God and her destiny was "written" by God. Do you not see that this so called God is not benevolent at all?

There are many things, I can say but I need to keep this on track and I look forward to an "insult free" debate from those who believe and can actually answer my questions I raised in my first post. smiley
Re: Satan Goes To Church : As Ritualists Storm Abia Church, Abduct Prophetess' Daughter, Strangle Her, by Kobojunkie: 6:04pm On Apr 11, 2009
ElRazur:

I hear that all the time and quite frankly, I think it is a line used as a "get out of jail card" when debating religion. It is also common for Christians/Muslims to claim the "only the foolish says their is no God" etc.
Look it makes no sense for that young girl to die like that. Period. Assuming she was "created" by God and her destiny was "written" by God. Do you not see that this so called God is not benevolent at all?
There are many things, I can say but I need to keep this on track and I look forward to an "insult free" debate from those who believe and can actually answer my questions I raised in my first post. smiley

Why do you care about what others believe when it comes to God? The girl is dead, and there is nothing you can do about it. She is dead. So, if you think it does not make sense and all, why not direct your answers at God himself and accept whatever answers you get as his version? I mean why come in to attack people for not seeing things as you choose to?

The girl did not die at the hands of religion, she died at the hands of wicked human beings with flesh and blood. Why come to attack people for believing in God? If you want to pretend to care, at least focus on the problem and not go around attacking others for having a different opinion on the God issue.
Re: Satan Goes To Church : As Ritualists Storm Abia Church, Abduct Prophetess' Daughter, Strangle Her, by Nemeziz9ja: 6:17pm On Apr 11, 2009
ElRazur:

A fool says in his heart that there is no God!
Re: Satan Goes To Church : As Ritualists Storm Abia Church, Abduct Prophetess' Daughter, Strangle Her, by Jarus(m): 6:32pm On Apr 11, 2009
Height of cruelty. This is pathetic. Justice needs to be done here on earth!!!
Re: Satan Goes To Church : As Ritualists Storm Abia Church, Abduct Prophetess' Daughter, Strangle Her, by oderemo(m): 6:56pm On Apr 11, 2009
Justice needs to be done here on earth!!!

man speak. GOD strike when he wants , we dont fight for GOD , i think he can do i himself. for justice yes, on earth.
Re: Satan Goes To Church : As Ritualists Storm Abia Church, Abduct Prophetess' Daughter, Strangle Her, by Kobojunkie: 6:58pm On Apr 11, 2009
ode remo:

man speak. GOD strike when he wants , we dont fight for GOD , i think he can do i himself. for justice yes, on earth.
Oh please!!! So man should not go after these men and make sure they pay dearly for their crime? God has given us information on exactly what to do in a case like this, why do we need to wait for God to come himself to serve up justice?
Re: Satan Goes To Church : As Ritualists Storm Abia Church, Abduct Prophetess' Daughter, Strangle Her, by oderemo(m): 7:08pm On Apr 11, 2009
@ kobo,

i said for justice on earth yes lets go after them , i personally will pull the snooze round their neck, but tell me will that be enough purnishment?
Re: Satan Goes To Church : As Ritualists Storm Abia Church, Abduct Prophetess' Daughter, Strangle Her, by ElRazur: 7:13pm On Apr 11, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Why do you care about what others believe when it comes to God? The girl is dead, and there is nothing you can do about it. She is dead. So, if you think it does not make sense and all, why not direct your answers at God himself and accept whatever answers you get as his version? I mean why come in to attack people for not seeing things as you choose to?

The girl did not die at the hands of religion, she died at the hands of wicked human beings with flesh and blood. Why come to attack people for believing in God? If you want to pretend to care, at least focus on the problem and not go around attacking others for having a different opinion on the God issue.

At what point have I mentioned I care about anyone's belief in this particular thread? I think I am entitle to post how I feel without fear of retribution. That is one of the great thing about online world you see. smiley

Yes the girl is dead. That you are correct about. However, she died in a circumstances that makes me query the existence of God even more. I disagree partially that she died at the end wicked humans. She more or less died at the hand of those who believe in one form of "God" or the other.

She was in an environment of where her "almighty God" is suppose to dwell when these people strikes and killed her cold-blooded. I mean, what kind of God watches his devotees die? Especially young innocent one? I think that is my point all along. smiley

I am not pretending about caring. I am just sick of what I see as a mental slavery as a result of religion/spiritualism that is engulfing my people period.
Re: Satan Goes To Church : As Ritualists Storm Abia Church, Abduct Prophetess' Daughter, Strangle Her, by ElRazur: 7:17pm On Apr 11, 2009
ode remo:

Tell that to those who have killed in the name of God. Tell that to those who believe in 42 virgins in heaven. Tell that to those who their holy books advocate the killing of non-believers, Jews and homosexuals. smiley

Personally, I feel that is a wrong approach. We need to act and do something.

Nemeziz9ja:

A fool says in his heart that there is no God!

Clearly you never read my post that you quoted. smiley Instead of telling me what I already heard a million times over, can you please provide answers to some of the questions I asked in my first post in this thread? smiley
Re: Satan Goes To Church : As Ritualists Storm Abia Church, Abduct Prophetess' Daughter, Strangle Her, by Kobojunkie: 7:32pm On Apr 11, 2009
ElRazur:

At what point have I mentioned I care about anyone's belief in this particular thread? I think I am entitle to post how I feel without fear of retribution. That is one of the great thing about online world you see. smiley

Let me break it down to you like this. The minute you start asking questions about God as you have done up till now, you reveal to all that you care about what they believe. It’s just as simple as that. I did not threaten you or tell you that you are not entitled to posting on here. I simply asked why you attack them when it is obvious it is God you have a problem with, going by the questions you have chosen to ask.

ElRazur:

Yes the girl is dead. That you are correct about. However, she died in a circumstances that makes me query the existence of God even more. I disagree partially that she died at the end wicked humans. She more or less died at the hand of those who believe in one form of "God" or the other.

So, why not query the form of God that you believe she was supposedly killed for? I am not sure what you expect to get from all this but more chaos and nothing, at the end of the day, as is the case with most of these debates on here and everywhere else.

If you seriously believe you are a logical person, do you think it really matters what God is involved here? The fact is this girl was murdered. Had she believed in water god, nature, or even no god, she would still be dead considering what was done to her, so this is no question about what God will do this or do that. It does not matter what God those who did this believe in; the law is against murder and they ought to serve for their crimes. Simple Logic!! No need trying to rationalize the irrational and somehow thing that makes you brilliant or something!!

ElRazur:

She was in an environment of where her "almighty God" is suppose to dwell when these people strikes and killed her cold-blooded. I mean, what kind of God watches his devotees die? Especially young innocent one? I think that is my point all along. smiley

Look, she did not tell you that her almighty God was not there. She did not tell her death, and the way she died, changed anything. You however have taken upon yourself to question her belief, and she is not going to offer you a counter since she is, again, DEAD. If you want to know what kind of God watches his devotees die then I suggest you ask God himself or accept that he is not for you or maybe does not exist in your world, simple!!

I really don’t know how best to approach this, for you to better understand it. If you do not believe in God at all, then you ought not to care what “delusions” people choose to subscribe to and ought not to worry yourself about the kind of God.

ElRazur:

I am not pretending about caring. I am just sick of what I see as a mental slavery as a result of religion/spiritualism that is engulfing my people period.

It is ok that you choose to see it as mental slavery and that is fine. But why do you make it your place to SAVE the people from what you have, in your mind, deemed mental slavery? Are you making yourself some sort of MESSIAH here? If I willingly choose to subscribe to the God “delusion”, what right do you have to tell me not to or question the logic of my choice when you have already concluded it is irrational? Don’t you think you risk contamination when you approach me with such questions? Or do you think you can ask such questions without yourself being viewed as someone with his own mental slavery by those whom you choose to question?
Re: Satan Goes To Church : As Ritualists Storm Abia Church, Abduct Prophetess' Daughter, Strangle Her, by ElRazur: 8:11pm On Apr 11, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Let me break it down to you like this. The minute you start asking questions about God as you have done up till now, you reveal to all that you care about what they believe. It’s just as simple as that.  I did not threaten you or tell you that you are not entitled to posting on here. I simply asked why you attack them when it is obvious it is God you have a problem with, going by the questions you have chosen to ask.

I think you will find that the events in the posted news made me ask questions. My question have been asked with consideration for those who are believers. I can be colourful if needed, but I haven't. If you then have a different view to what I am saying now, I am forced to say it is your prerogative and you really are getting it wrong.

Your post is more or less a threat to freedom of speech on the intraweb you see.

Kobojunkie:
So, why not query the form of God that you believe she was supposedly killed for? I am not sure what you expect to get from all this but more chaos and nothing at the end of the day as is the case with most of these debates on here and everywhere else.  If you seriously believe you are a logical person, do you think it really matters what God is involved here? The fact is this girl was murdered. It does not matter what God those who did believe in, the law is against murder and they ought to serve for their crimes. Simple Logic!! No need trying to rationalize the irrational and somehow thing that makes you brilliant or something!!

I think you will find that I made a reference to "religion/spiritualism" in my post. Perhaps, it is not obvious enough to you, but that little phrase covers all avenues of beliefs.

The problem with debate like this is that, it end up in chaos and bickering like you rightly pointed out. Hence why I have tried to ignore a few post and go for people who I feel are able to debate without result to insulting - You and a few others. smiley
How I wish things are simple as you are putting it. She was killed for and in a circumstances that perhaps could have been prevented if those outlets do not exist or people are more enlighten/know better? Just a thought.
This ain't about looking brilliant or amazing. I merely asked a set of questions in which no one is yet to answer, It do not make me brilliant in anyway. That is not what this debate is about.

Kobojunkie:
Look, she did not tell you that her almighty God was not there. She did not tell her death and the way she died changed any of that. You however have taken upon yourself to question her convictions and she is not going to offer you a counter since she is, again, DEAD.  If you want to know what kind of God watches his devotees die then I suggest you ask God himself or accept that he is not for you or maybe does not exist in your world, simple!!
I really don’t know how best to approach this, for you to better understand it. If you do not believe in God at all, then you ought not to care what “delusions” people choose to subscribe to and ought not to worry yourself about the kind of God.   

She didn't have to. You seem to miss the point again. From what I can read, it appears to me she was deserted by her God at her hour of need. Surely, a miracle of some kind should have saved her. Perhaps some kind of divine intervention? A ball of fire or brim stone falling and roasting those perpetrators like we read in the holy books, or is it all false? I am sure you can read between the line and see my point.

If you can point me to where God is, I will ask him/her. However, since he is everywhere and I cannot seem to find him, perhaps the followers of this God that allowed her to die, may provide me with some insight? Hence one of the many reason I made my original post [and not attacking "them" like you think]

Kobojunkie:

It is ok that you choose to see it as mental slavery and that is fine. But why do you make it your place to SAVE the people from what you have, in your mind, deemed mental slavery? Are you making yourself some sort of MESSIAH here? If I willingly choose to subscribe to the God “delusion”, what right do you have to tell me not to or question the logic of my choice when you have already concluded it is irrational? Don’t you think you risk contamination when you approach me with such questions? Or do you think you can ask such questions without yourself being viewed as someone with his own mental slavery by those whom you choose to question?

It is a mental slavery. I can go into details, but perhaps some other time? smiley
I do not see how I am trying to be a messiah here like you are trying to paint. Pointing out the obvious is not in anyway, trying to be "Brilliant" or "Messiah".
I respect your choice and what ever it is you believe in. However, it is a bit weak if you cannot defend something you so much believe in when the time an occasion arise. I am sorry, but if a God creates something just for it to die a horrible death is wrong in my opinion. I suppose you can tell me other wise and am willing to listen.
Re: Satan Goes To Church : As Ritualists Storm Abia Church, Abduct Prophetess' Daughter, Strangle Her, by Nemeziz9ja: 8:56pm On Apr 11, 2009
I was only replying to your statement above with a quote from the Holy Book. If you need more answers, get a copy and study it. Simple!
Re: Satan Goes To Church : As Ritualists Storm Abia Church, Abduct Prophetess' Daughter, Strangle Her, by Kobojunkie: 12:50am On Apr 12, 2009
ElRazur:

I think you will find that the events in the posted news made me ask questions. My question have been asked with consideration for those who are believers. I can be colourful if needed, but I haven't. If you then have a different view to what I am saying now, I am forced to say it is your prerogative and you really are getting it wrong.

But, I read the same article as the one you did and I did not come away with the same questions as you did. I happen to be a born again Christian and no inch of me felt to ask the same questions as the one you did. What does that tell you?

ElRazur:

Your post is more or less a threat to freedom of speech on the intraweb you see.
I think you will find that I made a reference to "religion/spiritualism" in my post. Perhaps, it is not obvious enough to you, but that little phrase covers all avenues of beliefs.

Dude . . . makes no difference. I covered the same in my response.

ElRazur:

The problem with debate like this is that, it end up in chaos and bickering like you rightly pointed out. Hence why I have tried to ignore a few post and go for people who I feel are able to debate without result to insulting - You and a few others. smiley
How I wish things are simple as you are putting it. She was killed for and in a circumstances that perhaps could have been prevented if those outlets do not exist or people are more enlighten/know better? Just a thought.

Dude. . . . I hate to break it to you, they are just as simple as they appear. These men were miffed and went after her. You claim it is about religion but there is no direct link between religion and murders. There are tons of evidence to show that people, both religious and non have the same tendencies. So again, logic would tell you to focus on the obvious and not try to turn it into an attack on that which you have little knowledge of.

ElRazur:

This ain't about looking brilliant or amazing. I merely asked a set of questions in which no one is yet to answer, It do not make me brilliant in anyway. That is not what this debate is about.
She didn't have to. You seem to miss the point again. From what I can read, it appears to me she was deserted by her God at her hour of need. Surely, a miracle of some kind should have saved her. Perhaps some kind of divine intervention? A ball of fire or brim stone falling and roasting those perpetrators like we read in the holy books, or is it all false? I am sure you can read between the line and see my point.

Do you have any proof that she was actually deserted by her God in her time of need? Do you have any proof that this God of hers promised her she would never be killed by anyone or that she would never die the way she did? I don’t even know how to proceed without getting some more details on this from you as you seem to assume to know a lot about her and her God.

ElRazur:

[b] If you can point me to where God is, I will ask him/her. However, since he is everywhere and I cannot seem to find him, perhaps the followers of this God that allowed her to die, may provide me with some insight? [b] Hence one of the many reason I made my original post [and not attacking "them" like you think]

If you believe God is everywhere, why then can’t you find him? I happen to be a follower of God and I am wondering if you know how senseless what you asked above really is, but then I wonder even more why you care? So what if her God, according to you abandoned her, how does it become your business? Shouldn’t she be the one asking him the questions?

ElRazur:

It is a mental slavery. I can go into details, but perhaps some other time? smiley

Do you believe people have a right to believe as they chose? If yes, then why not let those who you believe are enslaved to chose slavery as they want? I am sitting here thinking you come off as someone who is really tormented in some way but then that is expected. So why not keep your “delusions” while those who believe in God keep theirs?

ElRazur:

I do not see how I am trying to be a messiah here like you are trying to paint. Pointing out the obvious is not in anyway, trying to be "Brilliant" or "Messiah".

You are not pointing out anything obvious here. You are simply placing yourself in a position where you comfortably claim to know the answers for those whom you claim are mentally enslaved. If that is no messiah complex, then what is?

ElRazur:

I respect your choice and what ever it is you believe in. However, it is a bit weak if you cannot defend something you so much believe in when the time an occasion arise. I am sorry, but if a God creates something just for it to die a horrible death is wrong in my opinion. I suppose you can tell me other wise and am willing to listen.

Now you are just lying to us all. If you respected my choice to believe, you would not be here telling me I am mentally enslaved. Also, I find it preposterous that I am required by anyone, even you, to defend my CHOICE as a human being to believe what I want. I just think it is absurd for anyone who has his mental faculty intact or, or claims to, to demand another defend his belief in the supernatural. It is not only irrational, but absurd.

I happen to LOVE being “mentally enslaved”. I live and breathe this and I was incomplete without it and now I feel WHOLE with it and there is no way I would be willing to give this up for anything; it is a part of who I am.
We each have that which we cling to, just as you think what I have mentally enslaves me, I think what you have does the same to you. In fact, I think it tortures you but then again, that is my perception of you from the questions you have asked and your continued need to keep asking questions along the same lines.

See, we all have our “delusions”, so why condemn another for having his when you have yours? Now, if you feel yours is better, you will need to prove it or let us be with ours.

About the last bit about God you have there, you are free to believe as you want; if that is the picture of God you have with you, and then choose as you will. But won’t you rather find real answers than continue to push assumed ideas to be truth? If I wanted to learn about someone, I would think the best way would be to approach the person and get answers directly, rather than settle for what my mind cooks up and at the end of the day still not have much to go by.
Re: Satan Goes To Church : As Ritualists Storm Abia Church, Abduct Prophetess' Daughter, Strangle Her, by bawomolo(m): 1:04am On Apr 12, 2009

You are right if you speak of the judeo-christian God, He sure seem like an irrational dude once you read the bible.

I hope justice prevails in this sick case.
Re: Satan Goes To Church : As Ritualists Storm Abia Church, Abduct Prophetess' Daughter, Strangle Her, by Kobojunkie: 1:10am On Apr 12, 2009
It is illogical to expect the SUPERNATURAL to exist within the scope/box where we store that which we consider LOGICAL.
Re: Satan Goes To Church : As Ritualists Storm Abia Church, Abduct Prophetess' Daughter, Strangle Her, by bawomolo(m): 1:33am On Apr 12, 2009
Kobojunkie:

It is illogical to expect the SUPERNATURAL to exist within the scope/box where we store that which we consider LOGICAL.

Well how exactly does the logical mind know the illogical supernatural exists? How do you know the nature of the unknown?
Re: Satan Goes To Church : As Ritualists Storm Abia Church, Abduct Prophetess' Daughter, Strangle Her, by Kobojunkie: 1:39am On Apr 12, 2009
bawomolo:

Well how exactly does the logical mind know the illogical supernatural exists? How do you know the nature of the unknown?
Consider this. Most of what you consider logical today was once considered illogical/unknown/supernatural, at some point. What does that tell you?
Re: Satan Goes To Church : As Ritualists Storm Abia Church, Abduct Prophetess' Daughter, Strangle Her, by bawomolo(m): 2:21am On Apr 12, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Consider this. Most of what you consider logical today was once considered illogical/unknown/supernatural, at some point. What does that tell you? 

that humans attribute the unknown to something supernatural until it knows better?

Do we still see lightening as a punishment from God like the Puritans?
Re: Satan Goes To Church : As Ritualists Storm Abia Church, Abduct Prophetess' Daughter, Strangle Her, by Kobojunkie: 2:27am On Apr 12, 2009
bawomolo:

that humans attribute the unknown to something supernatural until it knows better?
hmmm . . .

bawomolo:
Do we still see lightening as a punishment from God like the Puritans?

you tell me. . . I asked you to consider the box called logic and it's relationship to that which we consider illogical/supernatural.
Re: Satan Goes To Church : As Ritualists Storm Abia Church, Abduct Prophetess' Daughter, Strangle Her, by ElRazur: 10:05am On Apr 12, 2009
Kobojunkie:

But, I read the same article as the one you did and I did not come away with the same questions as you did. I happen to be a born again Christian and no inch of me felt to ask the same questions as the one you did. What does that tell you?

It is where we are different and an individual. You have a different interpretation and vice versa. Only that your approach is more like trying to say my understanding is wrong. Or better still you are using your understanding to try and stop me from asking obvious questions. Which in the grand scheme of things, nothing wrong with the questions I asked by the way.

Do you really expect everyone around here to read the article and have exact understanding as you?

If no inch of you felt the need to ask the same question as I did, then I will go back to my previous point and say we are individual and as such have different understanding of the same thing. Only that you appear to be trying to not answer my questions and instead push me to not ask them too. smiley

Kobojunkie:
Dude. . . . I hate to break it to you, they are just as simple as they appear. These men were miffed and went after her. You claim it is about religion but there is no direct link between religion and murders. There are tons of evidence to show that people, both religious and non have the same tendencies. So again, logic would tell you to focus on the obvious and not try to turn it into an attack on that which you have little knowledge of.

The perpetrators where referred to a ritualist. The key word here is ritualist. Surely, ritualism and religion goes hand in hand? Are you still standing there saying this murder have no link with religon whatsoever? Are you seriously saying that?
I really do not understand you here. I am focusing on the obvious: A cold-blood murder done in the name of religion. How much more specific do you want me to get. She was a victim of a ritual killing by people who have believe in some sort of God. I really do not know how specific you want me to get.

Kobojunkie:
Do you have any proof that she was actually deserted by her God in her time of need? Do you have any proof that this God of hers promised her she would never be killed by anyone or that she would never die the way she did? I don’t even know how to proceed without getting some more details on this from you as you seem to assume to know a lot about her and her God.

See this is very interesting and I really was waiting for you to say this. smiley So from your post, you have claimed to be born again Christian right? As a born again Christain, you do understand the concept of destiny right? Are you still with me? Good.

Now the holy books will want us believing that "God is the architect of our lives" as he knows what we will be before we are even born etc. Are you indirectly saying that her destiny was written so she can die in this horrible manner? If you answer yes, then I am questioning the logic of God here. If you answer no, then I will proceed to my next point. smiley

Why didn't God saved her during the time she was being strangled? smiley Which ever way you look at it my friend, it makes no sense at all. This is why my anger and problem lies with the whole concept of God on this particular issue.

Kobojunkie:
If you believe God is everywhere, why then can’t you find him? I happen to be a follower of God and I am wondering if you know how senseless what you asked above really is, but then I wonder even more why you care? So what if her God, according to you abandoned her, how does it become your business? Shouldn’t she be the one asking him the questions?

No I am atheist, I really do not believe God exist or is every where. I am merely being sarcastic. Hence why I posed a logic of not finding him, when the believers will want us believing he is everywhere!

It is my business because, if these men are not mentally slaved to some form of religion that requires body part of fellow human for sacrifice, perhaps she would still be alive? Also, humans have a natural tendency of making an outcry when the young and innocent are killed in situation like this. Are you against the fact that I am showing human emotions by questioning situations surrounding her death and the manner she died?

Kobojunkie:
Do you believe people have a right to believe as they chose? If yes, then why not let those who you believe are enslaved to chose slavery as they want? I am sitting here thinking you come off as someone who is really tormented in some way but then that is expected. So why not keep your “delusions” while those who believe in God keep theirs?

People can believe what they want. However, they should be able to answer a few question as to why, how, what, when of their beliefs. smiley Right now you are displaying a classical symptom of a religious person - Failing to defend their beliefs and instead saying "oh leave us alone". Muslim take this further by inciting and perpetrating violence when questioned on certain beliefs of Islam too.
If something do not add up right, then it is important to remember that people will ask questions. How is this hard to understand?

Kobojunkie:
You are not pointing out anything obvious here. You are simply placing yourself in a position where you comfortably claim to know the answers for those whom you claim are mentally enslaved. If that is no messiah complex, then what is?

Every post of your tend to label me. Yet I have refrained from doing that to you. First I am "trying to be clever/brilliant, when am not" then comes the one that says i am "Irrational" and "tormented", All of these simply because I question logic behind the murder of a young girl. Do you even have any empathy at all?

To deal with your point raised, I have no "Saviour complex", I have nothing offered to save anyone. However, what I have is the ability to question what I see as illogical. A gift which you, me and every one reading this thread have, so you see it is nothing special.

Please point me to where I have claimed to have the answers. [Answers to what exactly, I am yet to lay my finger on it.]

Kobojunkie:
Now you are just lying to us all. If you respected my choice to believe, you would not be here telling me I am mentally enslaved. Also, I find it preposterous that I am required by anyone, even you, to defend my CHOICE as a human being to believe what I want. I just think it is absurd for anyone who has his mental faculty intact or, or claims to, to demand another defend his belief in the supernatural. It is not only irrational, but absurd.

Again your prerogative! Have I asked you not to believe what you want? Since you keep coming back with the same line like a broken record, I am forced to repeat myself that, believe what you want, but you should at least make attempts to answer question based on what you believe. Jesus was reported to answer question in the bible when questioned about the new religion he was teaching. Surely, as a follower of Christ, that should be something not new to you, or may be not.
If you have no reason or see a need to defend what you perceive as a challenge to your beliefs, perhaps you should have ignored my post from the onset? Just another thought.

PS
I ignored the last paragraph of your post as I felt, this have been covered above. Also labelling someone again do not exactly help in a debate. Remember, we are trying to stay away from insult and chaos. smiley
Re: Satan Goes To Church : As Ritualists Storm Abia Church, Abduct Prophetess' Daughter, Strangle Her, by Kobojunkie: 1:04pm On Apr 12, 2009
ElRazur:

It is where we are different and an individual. You have a different interpretation and vice versa. Only that your approach is more like trying to say my understanding is wrong. Or better still you are using your understanding to try and stop me from asking obvious questions. Which in the grand scheme of things, nothing wrong with the questions I asked by the way.
Do you really expect everyone around here to read the article and have exact understanding as you?
If no inch of you felt the need to ask the same question as I did, then I will go back to my previous point and say we are individual and as such have different understanding of the same thing. Only that you appear to be trying to not answer my questions and instead push me to not ask them too. smiley
Sigh!!!
ElRazur:

The perpetrators where referred to a ritualist. The key word here is ritualist. Surely, ritualism and religion goes hand in hand? Are you still standing there saying this murder have no link with religon whatsoever? Are you seriously saying that?
I really do not understand you here. I am focusing on the obvious: A cold-blood murder done in the name of religion. How much more specific do you want me to get. She was a victim of a ritual killing by people who have believe in some sort of God. I really do not know how specific you want me to get.
Sigh!!!
ElRazur:

See this is very interesting and I really was waiting for you to say this. smiley So from your post, you have claimed to be born again Christian right? As a born again Christain, you do understand the concept of destiny right? Are you still with me? Good.
Now the holy books will want us believing that "God is the architect of our lives" as he knows what we will be before we are even born etc. Are you indirectly saying that her destiny was written so she can die in this horrible manner? If you answer yes, then I am questioning the logic of God here. If you answer no, then I will proceed to my next point. smiley
Why didn't God saved her during the time she was being strangled? smiley Which ever way you look at it my friend, it makes no sense at all. This is why my anger and problem lies with the whole concept of God on this particular issue.
Answer: No need concerning yourself with concepts that do not apply to your belief. Since I am the born again here, allow me deal with what God has to say about my life while you can freely live your life without worrying about that. Hope that answer helps you understand what I have been saying you busy yourself with instead.

ElRazur:

No I am atheist, I really do not believe God exist or is every where. I am merely being sarcastic. Hence why I posed a logic of not finding him, when the believers will want us believing he is everywhere!

It is my business because, if these men are not mentally slaved to some form of religion that requires body part of fellow human for sacrifice, perhaps she would still be alive? Also, humans have a natural tendency of making an outcry when the young and innocent are killed in situation like this. Are you against the fact that I am showing human emotions by questioning situations surrounding her death and the manner she died?
People can believe what they want. However, they should be able to answer a few question as to why, how, what, when of their beliefs. smiley Right now you are displaying a classical symptom of a religious person - Failing to defend their beliefs and instead saying "oh leave us alone". Muslim take this further by inciting and perpetrating violence when questioned on certain beliefs of Islam too.
Well, If you feel people OWE you an explanation, you go right ahead and keep asking then.
ElRazur:

If something do not add up right, then it is important to remember that people will ask questions. How is this hard to understand?
Every post of your tend to label me. Yet I have refrained from doing that to you. First I am "trying to be clever/brilliant, when am not" then comes the one that says i am "Irrational" and "tormented", All of these simply because I question logic behind the murder of a young girl. Do you even have any empathy at all?
To deal with your point raised, I have no "Saviour complex", I have nothing offered to save anyone. However, what I have is the ability to question what I see as illogical. A gift which you, me and every one reading this thread have, so you see it is nothing special.
Please point me to where I have claimed to have the answers. Answers to what exactly, I am yet to lay my finger on it.
Again your prerogative! Have I asked you not to believe what you want? Since you keep coming back with the same line like a broken record, I am forced to repeat myself that, believe what you want, but you should at least make attempts to answer question based on what you believe. Jesus was reported to answer question in the bible when questioned about the new religion he was teaching. Surely, as a follower of Christ, that should be something not new to you, or may be not.
If you have no reason or see a need to defend what you perceive as a challenge to your beliefs, perhaps you should have ignored my post from the onset? Just another thought.
PS
I ignored the last paragraph of your post as I felt, this have been covered above. Also labelling someone again do not exactly help in a debate. Remember, we are trying to stay away from insult and chaos. smiley

Sigh!!!

I have talked to hundreds like you over the years. By the way, I was once an atheist; well, until April of 2004, when I started having doubts about my former belief. So, I have been where you are now and have over the years talked to hundreds more. You feel free to continue and maybe someday you will find someone who that actually believes he OWES some an explanation for his belief. I see you go around provoking people to tell you what you think they OWE you has yet to work for you since you are still asking the same set of questions. I personally do not believe in telling people what they do not necessarily need to know. If you want answers about God, best you ask God himself or be satisfied in your belief that he does not exist and live free and happy then.

(1) (2) (Reply)

U.s. Heightens Debate On Nigeria's Christians, Muslims Population / Amokachi’s Brother Murdered In Kaduna: Saharareporter / Can Sam Ewang Defeat The Pdp In Akwa Ibom?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.