Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,599 members, 7,827,259 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

No Nigerian University Made "World's Best 700". - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / No Nigerian University Made "World's Best 700". (19521 Views)

University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best / Admission In ISFOP-BENIN University Made Easy / Only One Nigerian University Made The List Of Top 800 Universities In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Nigerian University Made "World's Best 700". by Nobody: 5:39am On Sep 18, 2015
BeloHorizonte14:

i have checked through google but nothing meaningful.

Please help me with the website.

Websites in next post
Re: No Nigerian University Made "World's Best 700". by Nobody: 5:39am On Sep 18, 2015
BeloHorizonte14:

i have checked through google but nothing meaningful.

Please help me with the website.

Main website for MIT international applicants

Click here also
Re: No Nigerian University Made "World's Best 700". by saipn: 6:59am On Sep 18, 2015
flokii:

my friend keep your mouth shut...

the Unilag, OAU and co. you are trying to mock probably cos you were denied admission bfor ending up in private uni where they pay alot to buy certificates they dnt merit has been in existence bfor your glorified secondary skols and will continue to be and maintain its standard..

I am proud to have attended Unilag, the uni. of first choice and nation's pride as I wasn't ordered around.. I lived and survived as an adult capable of facing real-life challenges..
my parents are not politicians that send their kids abroad for the best education neglecting their own lands..

what Pride do you have really?
you should be the one to keep your stinky mouth shut....if your parents are priviledge to be appointed in any political post in this country,you will not end up in that poo you called university.........

1 Like

Re: No Nigerian University Made "World's Best 700". by abdulfuntai: 7:10am On Sep 18, 2015
Excellent7:
Who is surprised?
I am not surprised!
Six performance criteria were used; "global reputation, research impact, staffing levels and international complexion”
To enhance good understanding of these criteria, permit me to interrogate some of these criteria individually.

Global reputation: How well know are our schools internationally? What is the international perception of each of our schools.Do people and how many foreigners know the strengths of our institutions and want to school or work there.

Research Impact: What new and significant findings are linked to our ivory towers. In what genre of journals are our academics publishing? First grade journals in their fields, 2nd grade or un-rated journals, predatory journals etc. What is the scientific, social, and technological impact of these publications.
How much is the research budget of our universities collectively and individually for the past five years. Is there an established culture of research?

Staffing Levels: What is the quality of staff in our universities? percentage of PhDs on teaching and technical staff? Where did they train? How is there research profile? How much international exposure and collaboration do they have? How many foreign scientists are on our institutions' teaching staff individually and collectively?

International Complexion: What percentage of our students and teaching staff are non-Nigerians. How many flags are represented in this percentage

I guess is clearer why we are so far behind in these rankings.
Significant improvement in our ranking needs deliberate and strategic planning, policy changes and time (at least 6 years).
Teaching is different from research.

Poor command of english.
Mechanical accuracy 0/10
Content 1/10
Presention 0/10
Organisation 1/10
Expression 0/10
Analysis 0/10

Am 100% sure you are a product of nigerian university, you can improve your english skills using A 1 english text book.

1 Like

Re: No Nigerian University Made "World's Best 700". by princemillla(m): 7:14am On Sep 18, 2015
How do you expect any of them to made it on the list..... when we were being taught the same thing with our forefather. Nigeria institutions lack future research. By now, we ought to av start teaching what is available to us and not some uranium that I didn't see for good 9 years of my academic career.
Re: No Nigerian University Made "World's Best 700". by afrika(f): 7:28am On Sep 18, 2015
icemann:
It's not like we don't have the Human Potentials, We just have been unfortunate to be governed by stupid Military dictators.

Explain to me how come we have Harvard type Professors and graduates making us proud in the US and Uk but in Nigeria the story is different.

It is those that know the value and meaning of education and health care can only champion for the best. If u don't ve a certificate, then how would u know it's value. Majority of our leaders today, governors etc bought their way into their offices.
Re: No Nigerian University Made "World's Best 700". by babtunns(m): 7:33am On Sep 18, 2015
[b]now does Ui and Unilag pupils we say na we be Baba... #iranu abasha #in lil kesh tone
Re: No Nigerian University Made "World's Best 700". by babeface3: 9:39am On Sep 18, 2015
The matter speaks for itself (res ipsa loquitur) grin
icemann:
It's not like we don't have the Human Potentials, We just have been unfortunate to be governed by stupid Military dictators.

Explain to me how come we have Harvard type Professors and graduates making us proud in the US and Uk but in Nigeria the story is different.
Re: No Nigerian University Made "World's Best 700". by flokii: 9:41am On Sep 18, 2015
saipn:
you should be the one to keep your stinky mouth shut....if your parents are priviledge to be appointed in any political post in this country,you will not end up in that poo you called university.........

Can you see how stupiid and shallow-minded you are now...
I'm so sure you are a product of one of those glorified sec. skols where they don't know right from left..

How will this country ever move forward with youths like you ..HOW?
Re: No Nigerian University Made "World's Best 700". by babeface3: 10:11am On Sep 18, 2015
Nigerian educational system is warped. TETFUND that is supposed to be used for revitalization of the sector is an opportunity to bridge the gap between lecturers and politicians. Its an opportunity to build a house and throw thrash as research for which the grant is given. Give some key people their cuts and all mouths are shut.

I visited a university in Nigeria and discovered the same books I used in the 90s as an undergraduate are still being used even by lecturers. I checked the books and found out it had not even been revised. Lecturers copy verbatim from the books, type and give students as handouts. They also pay some journals private journals in the Europe and America to publish articles which they count at "publication in international journals" and use them for promotion.

I asked of internet facility or virtual library but that was asking too much. Some of the students have never seen or heard of some academic materials that are common among their mates even in an average academia in SA.

A professor not up to 50 years in age told me he had never made use of internet facility in all his research years shocked I gogooled his name and realised he had neither published in any international journal of repute not attended any international conference. His materials were principally based in his university. How in the world did he become a professor

The lower academia is not left out in this.

Where are those educational inspectors that would take the classroom teacher unawares participating in his class disguised as a student?

Where are those educational inspectors that would creep into the class and check the notebooks of the pupils accompanied with necessary questions about the teacher?

Where are the large playgrounds that used to be as big as the whole Alimosho Local Government?

Where are the march past in the morning assembly with the beat of bands in beautiful rhythm transforming us to patriots who are ready to die for the cause of the nation while we march around large ground with pride?

Where are the dedicated teachers who will not spare the rods lest the child spoils, who will not sacrifice discipline for fear of parents?

We have fooled around for so long!!

2 Likes

Re: No Nigerian University Made "World's Best 700". by saipn: 12:41pm On Sep 18, 2015
flokii:

Can you see how stupiid and shallow-minded you are now...
I'm so sure you are a product of one of those glorified sec. skols where they don't know right from left..

How will this country ever move forward with youths like you ..HOW?
hmmm,you are the stupiid one here and what makes you think i finished from a private univ?i repeat again if your parents are priviledge to be appointed in any political post in nigeria and your parents prefer you study in developed country will you decline?

1 Like

Re: No Nigerian University Made "World's Best 700". by flokii: 1:04pm On Sep 18, 2015
saipn:
hmmm,you are the stupiid one here and what makes you think i finished from a private univ?i repeat again if your parents are priviledge to be appointed in any political post in nigeria and your parents prefer you study in developed country will you decline?

Hmmm...

well you might be right.. I might not be able to decline but that doen't make it right..

Jst like I'm againt rich men flying abroad for treatment.. ot speaks ill of the country
Re: No Nigerian University Made "World's Best 700". by willian10: 2:53pm On Sep 18, 2015
yorke1:
Why will they rank your universities as one of the best in the world when you guys elected an illiterate as president over a literate.
Baddest guy, when Goodluck was der, shaybee OAU was better than Harvard university, it's because of buhari
Dumbass

1 Like

Re: No Nigerian University Made "World's Best 700". by willian10: 3:05pm On Sep 18, 2015
saipn:
Ur head correct
Re: No Nigerian University Made "World's Best 700". by willian10: 3:20pm On Sep 18, 2015
I know one thing for sure, if ur rich, even if u re more brilliant than Einstein, u won't want to study in the Public Universities.
If u v ur $$ goto the university of ur choice, if u re otherwise do otherwise.
As we know Nigeria things are inferior compared to other developed countries.... U ll get to know that if you're applying for a professional job, they consider International students first
If the rate of cultism is to be considered, I'm sure those oyinbo knows the rate of cultism in some universities, some won't be among the ranking
Re: No Nigerian University Made "World's Best 700". by preciousMI1(f): 10:55pm On Sep 18, 2015
even our private universities couldn't bail u?
Re: No Nigerian University Made "World's Best 700". by BeloHorizonte14: 1:33pm On Sep 19, 2015
bushdoc9919:

No it isn't.

But (assuming you are in secondary school).....if you want to make it to MIT....your SAT scores would have to be sky high....and your WAEC has to be filled with A's.Plus....you have to show some evidence of extra-curricular activites, and you have to have some good money in the bank.
Thank you sir
Re: No Nigerian University Made "World's Best 700". by WenHigh(f): 5:55pm On Sep 22, 2015
trigar12:
Some people go dey shout up n down, the best uni, better by far, great!!!! .... See am now o grin grin
And to top it up
Bush ppl
Lecturers will be threatening students "you can't get an A in my course" "No one has graduated with first class in this department" etc all na waah

Re: No Nigerian University Made "World's Best 700". by Excellent7(m): 11:24pm On Sep 30, 2015
abdulfuntai:

Poor command of english.
Mechanical accuracy 0/10
Content 1/10
Presention 0/10
Organisation 1/10
Expression 0/10
Analysis 0/10

Am 100% sure you are a product of nigerian university, you can improve your english skills using A 1 english text book.

Hello!
Please can I get a copy of your marking scheme, since your are now marking Nairaland comments.
I am responsible for what I post, but you are responsible for what you understand.
It is very obvious that you are hard of understanding and most probably a product of the skewed double digit admission system.
I made it clear, I was interrogating some of the criteria, but in your challenged comprehension you might have been expecting an essay, and chose to pick on my post instead of making your contribution to the thread.
I just checked your profile and understand that you are looking to start or have started your NYSC and if so, you are posted to a school and may be handling primary or secondary school kids in English.
I also guess that this could have been way beyond your dreams and so you think yourself qualified to start grading Nairaland post. I would have spared time to teach you some types of literary expression, but unfortunately I am at the moment very busy in real life.
I looked at my post and except for some question marks, I missed putting, I conveyed my thoughts.
I guess you never came across it in the literary circles that you can make an issue clearer just by asking questions and not answering it, so that the audience get involved by answering the questions and drawing their own conclusions.
I looked at your profile and your posts and observed that in 2015, you most probably a graduate of your sound academic system, cannot take screenshot from your phone, challenged in handling your business on the NYSC portal, have never made any reasonable post since you joined the forum and have turned the Forum to your "go to" site for problem solving.
When next you see a thread if you do not have any reasonable comment or contribution to make keep off.
You can never compare one thing. You have to have two things before you can make comparison.
Finish your service, do your GMAT or whatever and have a taste education in other climes, then you can be in a position to compare.

1 Like

Re: No Nigerian University Made "World's Best 700". by saipn: 4:28am On Oct 01, 2015
Excellent7:

Hello!
Please can I get a copy of your marking scheme, since your are now marking Nairaland comments.
I am responsible for what I post, but you are responsible for what you understand.
It is very obvious that you are hard of understanding and most probably a product of the skewed double digit admission system.
I made it clear, I was interrogating some of the criteria, but in your challenged comprehension you might have been expecting an essay, and chose to pick on my post instead of making your contribution to the thread.
I just checked your profile and understand that you are looking to start or have started your NYSC and if so, you are posted to a school and may be handling primary or secondary school kids in English.
I also guess that this could have been way beyond your dreams and so you think yourself qualified to start grading Nairaland post. I would have spared time to teach you some types of literary expression, but unfortunately I am at the moment very busy in real life.
I looked at my post and except for some question marks, I missed putting, I conveyed my thoughts.
I guess you never came across it in the literary circles that you can make an issue clearer just by asking questions and not answering it, so that the audience get involved by answering the questions and drawing their own conclusions.
I looked at your profile and your posts and observed that in 2015, you most probably a graduate of your sound academic system, cannot take screenshot from your phone, challenged in handling your business on the NYSC portal, have never made any reasonable post since you joined the forum and have turned the Forum to your "go to" site for problem solving.
When next you see a thread if you do not have any reasonable comment or contribution to make keep off.
You can never compare one thing. You have to have two things before you can make comparison.
Finish your service, do your GMAT or whatever and have a taste education in other climes, then you can be in a position to compare.
nice write up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Check Ur Unilorin List Here And Good Luck / Peace Mass Transit Boss, Sam Onyishi Set To Extend Midas’ To University Educatio / Difference Between University And Poly Diploma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.