Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Police Corporal Arraigned For Shooting Woman Dead In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Corporal Arraigned For Shooting Woman Dead In Lagos (610 Views)

Armed Robbers Shoot Woman Dead In Her House In Abia. Graphic Photo / Youths Chase SARS Officers In Yaba For Shooting Man (Photos / Video) / Police Corporal Shoots Tricyclist, Kills Mother Of Four Over N100 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Corporal Arraigned For Shooting Woman Dead In Lagos by oluwaSmith1(f): 6:24pm On Sep 17, 2015
A Police Corporal attached to Isheri Oshun Police Division in Lagos State, who allegedly shot a woman to death on Wednesday at the Isheri Oshun area of the state, has been arrested and undergoing disciplinary action.

According to reports, the Commissioner of Police, Mr Fatai Owoseni, confirmed the incident, stating that the incident happened on Wednesday while the deceased and her four children were going home on their tricycle, ‘Keke Marwa’.

The Commissioner, who said he had visited the family with a view to see what the police would do for them, affirmed that the Corporal was attached to the Isheri Oshun Police Division in Lagos and was already undergoing disciplinary action, adding that he will be arraigned on Friday.

He said, “The corporal opened fire on the tricycle killing the woman on the spot, while the husband, children and the rider sustained bullet wounds. As I speak with you, the corporal had been arrested and undergoing necessary disciplinary action according to the rule in the force.

“He will be charged to court on Friday for murder. This will serve as warning to others,” Owoseni added, stressing that the team leader of the operation that led to the killing will also face disciplinary action for not directing his men well.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/09/17/police-corporal-arraigned-for-shooting-woman-dead-in-lagos/

Re: Police Corporal Arraigned For Shooting Woman Dead In Lagos by DONSMITH123(m): 6:25pm On Sep 17, 2015
Idiot. This will serve as warning to others.
Re: Police Corporal Arraigned For Shooting Woman Dead In Lagos by sim37(m): 6:26pm On Sep 17, 2015
npf again
Re: Police Corporal Arraigned For Shooting Woman Dead In Lagos by GboyegaD(m): 6:34pm On Sep 17, 2015
Is that the picture of the murderer? Why are our policemen trigger happy all the time? I think they should enforce some laws such as, if you drink while on duty, you should be punished; also, a law against their collecting money at check points. These should help reduce the rising incidence of accidental discharge.
Re: Police Corporal Arraigned For Shooting Woman Dead In Lagos by kestolove95(m): 7:02pm On Sep 17, 2015
Dats why I said ibos shud not b allowed to join police...dey kill for rituals
Re: Police Corporal Arraigned For Shooting Woman Dead In Lagos by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 17, 2015
Dem no dey hear word. I wonder the kind of training they go through.
Re: Police Corporal Arraigned For Shooting Woman Dead In Lagos by cpapa: 4:50am On Sep 18, 2015
kestolove95:
Dats why I said ibos shud not b allowed to join police...dey kill for rituals
are u OK see dis mofo

(1) (Reply)

Police Uncover Body Of Edo Varsity's Abducted Lecturer / Police Officer Shoots Bus Driver To Death In Ogun / Legal Perspective: Re. Man To Die By Hanging Over N14,570 Robbery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.