Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,539 members, 7,823,362 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Quantity Or Quality? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Quantity Or Quality? (1169 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Quantity Or Quality? by sojioguns(m): 6:04pm On Apr 11, 2009
Hello good people,
There is no need to over emphasize on the global recession. This has affected clients' budgets and they all negotiate impossible budgets. Hence my question:
- Do creative guys just take on as many jobs as they can with the belief that they have a good turnover and eventually some profit or 'try' to step up their game to still give clients 'value' for money and retain the previous or as close to the previous budgets as possible?
Re: Quantity Or Quality? by Lfunk: 7:06pm On Apr 11, 2009
I feel that creative people should always try to be creative if circumstances  permit.
When negotiating with clients I believe that your bargaining power lies in how much your work is appreciated and valued.
Sometimes people feel that the client is doing them a favour (especially if a lot of money is involved) and so agree to impossible deadlines and ridiculously low budgets and sometimes because of this trends are set ( it becomes the norm).
I for one believe that one should have very high standards the highest possible
Never under value  your work ( although sometimes this is easier said than done)
Do and be the best you can be
and take pride in your work

Stay Kool
L_Funk
wink

(1) (Reply)

Work We Are Up to Here at EVCL / The Theatre Proposal Short / I Need A Logo And Flyers Designed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.