Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges (22666 Views)

Lawyers In Anti-DSS Protest In Abuja Over Judges Arrest (photos) / Fear Grips Buhari’s Men Over Judges' Bribery Allegations / Nigerians Condemn Nba’s Threat Over Judges’ Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by Oceemo(m): 9:33am On Sep 18, 2015
I can now see that many people in this forum are very sick and silly if not even crazy. Cus u don't support a government so u want everything 2 fail? Are u not a fool 2 want that. I see many comment here especially guys claiming 2 b from d south east sound so lame and very silly.

Some even claiming 2 know when d don't even no a thing. Bush men

SPIT!

1 Like

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by elderhimself(m): 9:33am On Sep 18, 2015
when it comes to correcting the corrupt country, they run to the constitution and the law which they give no regards to but when it comes to stealing (ooopsss, sorry, stealing is not corruption), i mean looting, they forget that there is ever such a thing. Will our dear Nigeria ever be great and better again? The "former giant" of Africa?? Our generation and that of the unborn is truly at risk.
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by tete7000(m): 9:35am On Sep 18, 2015
chukwudi44:

The useless committee can only make recomendations to the judiciary!! It has no powers to enforce anything!! It is just like someone giving an advice which you can either take or reject.

The judiciary is a seperate arm of Government without any control whatsoever of the president.

My brother to make the matter worse itsey sagay has this arrogant attitude. I have read some of his interview. Imagine him saying something like 'we don't expect judges to foolishly follow that path'. In another part of the interview he said something like 'that's what we expect any judge with common sense to do'. He basically was implying we have foolish judges and judges without common sense. How do then expect the judges to cooperate with someone with such arrogant attitude. I really don't see the committee doing much if the likes of Itsey Sagay won show decorum and respect in their use of language. Afterall people cannot be adjudged guilty of anything until court proves so. Why then is the committee saying many of the judges are corrupt. The onus is on them to prove it but they need the cooperation of the judiciary itself to prove anything.

1 Like

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by tsdarkside(m): 9:35am On Sep 18, 2015
Flets:
Exactly how you know an inept and unserious government.

After spending over three months screaming probe on the pages of newspaper, they just realized they needed a working judiciary to achieve an anti-corruption probe.

When we said it back then that sanitizing the judiciary was the first move towards corruption fight... they called us wailers and further told us that Buhari will jail all of us as if we were in a military dispensation. Illiteracy is our biggest problem as a country

you are lying...nobody called you wailer,when you were saying the truth....we didnt understand,what you mean....not every nigerian knows so much...for example,i am just learning now,what judiciary is...before, i didnt had a clue,what that is..... undecided undecided undecided
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 18, 2015
omenka:
The strength of a chain they say is in its weakest link- in this case, our courts.

Buhari's fears isn't without bases indeed as some judges have already began to show their reluctance to do thing rightly- take the judge preventing the prosecution of the senate president on a case bordering on money laundering and theft.

My biggest problem is- as the judges pussyfoot over these, all the blames would be directed at the president and some people would go- there is no difference between Buhari and Jonathan.

God help us.

I respect your opinion bro, but speak only about what you know.

The Judge only asked the CCB to come and show cause why they would prosecute Saraki. He did not ask them to stop prosecuting him. Saraki ran to the Courts via an ex parte application and His Lordship in his learned wisdom asked that the other party to be put on notice. This is hinged on one of the cardinal principles of justice; audi altrem pattem.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:38am On Sep 18, 2015
chukwudi44:

Lol funny dude!!! Comparing a military regime to a civillian regime.Abacha could have sacked all the judges and no one would have questioned him!! All he needed to do was to promulgate one useless decree giving him such powers.Buhari on the other hand as a civillian president does not have such powers.
Shut up! Abacha only set up the panel. It's headed by Justice Kayode Esho, a respected jurist. 47 judges were found guilty. Justices Akiola Aguda and F. R. A. Williams demanded that the report be implement to return sanity to the judiciary.
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by Ephemmm: 9:43am On Sep 18, 2015
Flets:

After spending over three months screaming probe on the pages of newspaper, they just realized they needed a working judiciary to achieve an anti-corruption probe.

When we said it back then that sanitizing the judiciary was the first move towards corruption fight... they called us wailers and further told us that Buhari will jail all of us as if we were in a military dispensation. Illiteracy is our biggest problem as a country

With domination in both upper and lower chamber for the past sixteen years, how far have you gone in sanitizing the judiciary? How many anti-corruption bills have been successfully enacted into law within such time frame? You knew this and you shut up when your ogogoro master was claiming he was fighting corruption through technology.

If good foundation has been laid, this present administration is supposed to move speedily, yet people like you without deep mental horizon are not ashamed of yourself: as clueless as ever.
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by idros4real: 9:44am On Sep 18, 2015
Yeske2:
Sack the corrupt, shameless judges, others will sit up.

Lol, that can't be possible in this democracy era however if he sack them even you know the rest.
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 18, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Shut up! Abacha only set up the panel. It's headed by Justice Kayode Esho, a respected jurist. 47 judges were found guilty. Justices Akiola Aguda and F. R. A. Williams demanded that the report be implement to return sanity to the judiciary.

Lol bros unlike Abacha,Buhari does not have any such powers to set up such a panel.Only the National Judicial council is so empowered!!
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 18, 2015
funlord:
grin

Get the national assembly to pass a bill and insert into the constitution a clause specifically for the creation of special courts to be manned by barristers, sans etc that would be granted special autonomy to investigate and deliver judgements in line with the cases of corruption before them on behalf of the government! Limit the age limit for the lawyers in charge of these special apellate courts to be not more than 50 and not less than 24 and watch how a new set of lawyers will write their names in gold!

You think it's Playstation 2?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by Anglovel: 9:49am On Sep 18, 2015
Our judiciary is in a Mess
Am waiting for an honest citizen to recommend me to head the Anti Corruption Court of Justice without fear or favour. . .am 30yearPost call to Bar,a former Magistrate!pls contact d necessary authorities u will be glad u did. ..08136984504 I have zero tolerance for corruption,thieves,oppressors etc.
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by Charly68: 9:49am On Sep 18, 2015
So what has the NJC been doing to sanitise the judiciary ...so many things are wrong with our judicial system..you will cases of fraud that ran to several millions nit being followed up or the prosecutor refused to attend the court & eventually case dismissed but when it comes to somebody stealing shoes or pants or goat the judge will come up with 20 years in jail without an option of fine..we hear all manner of laughable judgment in Naija...those that stole billions are left of the hook but those small small petty petty thieves are subjected to terrible harm of the law.. Honourable house or senators are no more honourable due to frauds,greed and the likes when shall we have a sane society .

1 Like

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 18, 2015

1 Like

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:05am On Sep 18, 2015
chukwudi44:

Lol bros unlike Abacha,Buhari does not have any such powers to set up such a panel.Only the National Judicial council is so empowered!!
So there was no NJC during the regime of Abacha, isi okpukpu?
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by DMerciful(m): 10:08am On Sep 18, 2015
Chukwudi44...you are highly calibrated......i dey feel you! cheesy
chukwudi44:

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by aalimco: 10:14am On Sep 18, 2015
with osinbajo everything's will be alright. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by Lucasbalo(m): 10:14am On Sep 18, 2015
Yeske2:
Sack the corrupt, shameless judges, others will sit up.
Gbam.
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by ndcide(m): 10:30am On Sep 18, 2015
Buhari wants to jump out of the window.
If buhari manipulates the judiciary, it will backfire.
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 18, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

So there was no NJC during the regime of Abacha, isi okpukpu?
Olodo did we operate a constitutional democracy under Abacha? I wonder if you have any grey matter inside that your numb skull
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by Caseless: 10:39am On Sep 18, 2015
Flets:

you won't just put ur head into use. After probe, what's the next step?
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by cabaliciouscabal: 10:42am On Sep 18, 2015
andresia:

anytime I remember I share same country with you, I feel so ashamed! never have seen one soo supportive of corruption like you.

oh, and I have seen pictures of you and you look so wretched!

The truth is dat in every 12 disciple there will always be one judas iscariot .

This guy indeed is one of d judas we av in Nigeria, and d funny thing is dat if Buhari failed to tackle corruption to it roots, same of his kind will go to d roof tops to cast different aspersions at him.

What matter most is dat Buhari has started on a gd footing and we progressives ar totally behind him.

He opined dat d NASS will stall all his plans, well my advice to him is dat he should wait, wen we get to d bridge we will know Weda we can cross it or not.

#Corrupt judges must be weeded out.
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by gagewonda(m): 10:46am On Sep 18, 2015
the judiciary itself is the sole reason corruption is endemic in Nigeria. there must be a way to reform it and urgently too. i believe d problem is in the way the judiciary is constituted, allowing d corrupt cult to hold top positions. i say CULT cos dats wat d judiciary really is if u look deep. i call d judiciary an organized crime in itself
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 18, 2015
So many 'proud' ignorant positions on this thread. Don't even know where to start from in educating you guys.
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by kday(m): 10:57am On Sep 18, 2015
wisdomguy4u:
What's all this? APC is really good in story telling. All we hear is "we will probe" everyday. When will we hear "we have probed" "we are probing" . We need results , enough of stories.

Get to work mofos

Forget all these childish rant. PMB is there cleaning the shit out of your surrounding but you are still not satisfied.
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:00am On Sep 18, 2015
chukwudi44:

Olodo did we operate a constitutional democracy under Abacha? I wonder if you have any grey matter inside that your numb skull
Olodo, you think the judiciary doesn't operate during military regime. FYI Nigeria being a signatory to certain global legal conventions makes it mandatory for the judiciary to function. Could you tell us why lawyers like Fawehinmi and Falana were outspoken during the military regimes?
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by AdeniyiA(m): 11:17am On Sep 18, 2015
SpermDonor:

Ok, I guess you are the one that have got the Original stuff, why don't you help me out here.

I've got a deal for you Mr Adeniyi, I want 50cl of your original sperm and I will be paying you $1 per cl.

deal ??
sorry, a Cl of it cost $1m cool
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 18, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Olodo, you think the judiciary doesn't operate during military regime. FYI Nigeria being a signatory to certain global legal conventions makes it mandatory for the judiciary to function. Could you tell us why lawyers like Fawehinmi and Falana were outspoken during the military regimes?
I think it is even a mistake debating with you, when Buhari starts sacking and appointing court judges,let me know
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by shaqhead: 11:30am On Sep 18, 2015
Acidosis:

actually, a difference exists. Jonathan is better

and FYI, Judges do not rely on Omenka-Barcanista online evaluations or Buhari or Shiroro Reporters Investigative-Retrogressive reports; they deal with concrete evidences
Yh d bench deals wt evidence but I guess u wl b able to explain to us where d same bench wt d evidenc of a stolen chicken sends d culprit to jail for years and an evidenc of billions in grand scale corruption and the culprit gets a few million fine.

1 Like

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by docadams: 11:47am On Sep 18, 2015
Acidosis:

actually, a difference exists. Jonathan is better

and FYI, Judges do not rely on Omenka-Barcanista online evaluations or Buhari or Shiroro Reporters Investigative-Retrogressive reports; they deal with concrete evidences

Your observation is on point but your assertion that GEJ is better is wrong. FYI, under GEJ, in particular and the 16years of PDP roaming in the wilderness of corruption, in general, our judiciary became impotent and compromised.

Then was when Ibori was discharged of 170 counts of corruption charges. The courts in UK successfully prosecuted him on only 6 counts. Igbinedion was granted a ridiculous plea bargain with a fine of only N3m naira on a N3b fraud. Alamesiegha was granted state pardon for being a successful fugitive. Dr Odili was granted an injuction from prosecution for life.

Need I go on? I don't think so, brother, because these few are enough to jar you from the sleep mode you've been on for the past 16years.

Thanks for agreeing that GEJ was the fraud-in-chief.
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by docadams: 11:53am On Sep 18, 2015
I wonder why anyone is still able to debate with Pa Chukwudi. He suffers from intellectual epilepsy.
Beremx, please, come and take your brother to where he belongs. The ibos I know have their faults, like other tribes, but not to this level.
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by nijanigga: 11:59am On Sep 18, 2015
Ibori had more than 100 counts of criminal acts filed against him in Nigeria and all were dismissed against him, but couldn't scale just a few charges in London. Ask Ibori if his as.s is still in tack .
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by docadams: 12:06pm On Sep 18, 2015
To end the news, here are the highlights: PDP bequeathed a judiciary where the rich must not cry. That system is what PMB wants to eliminate. Henceforth Equity has come to sit on the throne of justice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo, Masari, Ahmed Lawan Visit Bola Tinubu In Lagos (Pics) / Andy Uba Picks APC Form For Anambra Governorship Election (Photos) / The Experience 17: Peter Obi Recognized At The Experience 2022 Lagos (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.