Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Ethnic Nationalities To Hold Peace Conference In Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ethnic Nationalities To Hold Peace Conference In Abuja (1234 Views)

Uchechi Okwu Kanu At Biafran Children Conference In Abia (Photos) / Biafra Is The Enslavement Of Minority Ethnic Nationalities In Niger Delta / Burkina Faso Prime Minister Died Suddenly During A Press Conference In Turkey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ethnic Nationalities To Hold Peace Conference In Abuja by teeebugs: 7:04am On Sep 18, 2015
The National Peace Building Outreach (NPBC) will in collaboration with Nigeria National Volunteer Services (NNVS) hold a conference where the need to live in peace will form the agenda.

Also, President Muhammadu Burahi is expected to address the conference that will be held at the International Conference Centre (ICC), from November 23 to 24.
Briefing journalists at the conference room of the Office of the Secretary of the Government of the Federation (OSGF), President, National Peace Initiatives, Kennedy Iyere, said there was no alternatives to peaceful and mutual coexistence.

According to him, ethnic nationalities in Nigeria under the auspices of Nigeria For Peace Innitiatives, had mapped out plans to host the 2015 National Peace Building Stakeholders Conference.

He noted that the conference was designed to improve governance and ensure a sustainable peaceful coexistence amongst all Nigerians.
Iyere added that the focus of the conference is not based on regions, tribe, ethnicity or religion, but based on Nigerians as a people.

“Nigeria is the only country we have to call our own, regardless of where we are from. If we have an intense crisis in Nigeria, the Ijaw man would feel the pains as much as the Hausa, Yoruba, Edo and other ethnic groups would feel it.

“Wherever you are from, that is not the issue. The issue is to be able to give a helping hand to the government in ensuring that democratic dividends are delivered to Nigeria. In doing that, we have to look at the essential factor of peace and relate that to a family, that, when there is turbulence in a house, there are some plans that cannot be carried out by the family.

Read full story
http://monitor9ja.com/2015/09/ethnic-nationalities-to-hold-peace-conference-in-abuja/

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Nationalities To Hold Peace Conference In Abuja by MizTyna(f): 7:07am On Sep 18, 2015
Much needed
Re: Ethnic Nationalities To Hold Peace Conference In Abuja by betty202020(m): 7:13am On Sep 18, 2015
Any peace talk that is not channelled on how to free GREAT BIAFRA out of this mere geographic conglomerate is a mirage. nigeria is not a nation. we biafrans demand independent nation west and north and some parts of south who wish to join them in their nigeria can go with them. Any igbo man who attend the meeting without raising the issue of biafra will be excommunicated when he comes back.

8 Likes

Re: Ethnic Nationalities To Hold Peace Conference In Abuja by stanech: 7:14am On Sep 18, 2015
Buhari who promised to soak the baboons in blood talking about peace. Jonathan should speak at the event not the duara dull"lard

We don't want peace, we wan equAl rights and justice for all

7 Likes

Re: Ethnic Nationalities To Hold Peace Conference In Abuja by stanech: 7:14am On Sep 18, 2015
Re: Ethnic Nationalities To Hold Peace Conference In Abuja by bonechamberlain(m): 7:19am On Sep 18, 2015
peace conference my foot, pass the recommendation of the national conference into law, that's the only conference Nigeria knows

6 Likes

Re: Ethnic Nationalities To Hold Peace Conference In Abuja by M4gunners: 7:21am On Sep 18, 2015
Following
Re: Ethnic Nationalities To Hold Peace Conference In Abuja by laffytaffy1: 7:23am On Sep 18, 2015
If I was a suicide bomber, the venue of this conference or what ever they calling it is where I'll explode my bomb.

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Nationalities To Hold Peace Conference In Abuja by OfoIgbo: 7:27am On Sep 18, 2015
NO JUSTICE NO PEACE. Simple and short.

You cannot be talking about peace and coexistence without first of all, meeting the principal preconditions, which are JUSTICE and FAIRNESS TO ALL.

As such, there will be no peace in the absence of a restructured Nigeria which brings about fairness and justice, thus opening up the doorway for sustainable PEACE. No need glossing over the main issue.

The Mumu in Aso Rock better realise that Igbos are too smart for this trap.

4 Likes

Re: Ethnic Nationalities To Hold Peace Conference In Abuja by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 18, 2015
Any conference or summit without the inputs of we concern tribalists in Niarland will be met with vehement resistance grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

We have not been consulted dully over the development of the so called peace summit, so I hereby urge every concerned tribalist in Nairaland to ignore the call untill further notice.

Signed.

Comrade BuddahMonk
Chairman Association of Nairaland Based Tribalists and Ethnicists.

6 Likes

Re: Ethnic Nationalities To Hold Peace Conference In Abuja by kenny987(f): 7:38am On Sep 18, 2015
Peace without equality at all levels will amount to a farce! This will only be achieved by autonomy of regions. Provided one central individual or govt calls d shots and involves itself in mundane matters like education, health, resource control, internal security et al, it will not work.

No one should be seen as more superior or having opportunities skewed in their favour and that is what our current system encourages. Until that anomaly is addressed, we will not have real sustainable peace necessary for development. Interests of some will keep overriding that of others and that remains a major problem.

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Nationalities To Hold Peace Conference In Abuja by kenny987(f): 7:45am On Sep 18, 2015
OfoIgbo:
NO JUSTICE NO PEACE. Simple and short.

You cannot be talking about peace and coexistence without first of all, meeting the principal preconditions, which are JUSTICE and FAIRNESS TO ALL.

As such, there will be no peace in the absence of a restructured Nigeria which brings about fairness and justice, thus opening up the doorway for sustainable PEACE. No need glossing over the main issue.

The Mumu in Aso Rock better realise that Igbos are too smart for this trap.

God bless you! It's like u read my mind and I commented even b4 reading ur post.

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Nationalities To Hold Peace Conference In Abuja by Nobody: 7:56am On Sep 18, 2015
kenny987:

God bless you! It's like u read my mind and I commented even b4 reading ur post.

Thank God we still have smart people like you guys

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Nationalities To Hold Peace Conference In Abuja by funlord(m): 8:04am On Sep 18, 2015
grin

Nigerias problem is and has always been "poverty" as a result of bad leadership! If any new conference is not interested in finding out how these twin axis of evil factors can be eradicated amongst our citizens, then it would only end up being another useless tribal and religious gathering of nitwits with nothing tangible to say as well as another pointless exercise in futility!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ethnic Nationalities To Hold Peace Conference In Abuja by Candyrain(m): 8:19am On Sep 18, 2015
Restructure the country or you allow us take a walk.
Re: Ethnic Nationalities To Hold Peace Conference In Abuja by Kingspin(m): 8:50am On Sep 18, 2015
Nothing will come out it. Politics
Re: Ethnic Nationalities To Hold Peace Conference In Abuja by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:54am On Sep 18, 2015
A welcome development...
Re: Ethnic Nationalities To Hold Peace Conference In Abuja by orunto27: 1:56pm On Sep 18, 2015
No subterfuge!!!!
Re: Ethnic Nationalities To Hold Peace Conference In Abuja by 1MCN: 2:20pm On Sep 18, 2015
Now I confirm that Nigeria is a very big mess. This piece of news was read on Radio Biafra about 2weeks ago. This is when it's appearing on Nigeria's online and mainstream media!

I wonder who does the espionage for those Radio Biafra guys.

This is a very clear confirmation that the issue of Biafra is giving the Nigerian govt severe headache up to the extent of migraine.

2 Likes

Re: Ethnic Nationalities To Hold Peace Conference In Abuja by ArodewilliamsT: 3:19pm On Sep 18, 2015
i dey look buhari dey laugh.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnic Nationalities To Hold Peace Conference In Abuja by wisdomguy4u(m): 3:22pm On Sep 18, 2015
We don't want peace - what we want is equal right and justice

True federalism or biafra

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Nationalities To Hold Peace Conference In Abuja by OfoIgbo: 3:39pm On Sep 18, 2015
kenny987:

Daalu. May God bless you too. Great minds think alike wink

Buhari is obviously deeply concerned about the Biafran agitation and the call for the implementation of last year's conference.
This is their way of selling another dummy to the nation, but people are a little wiser now.
Re: Ethnic Nationalities To Hold Peace Conference In Abuja by tpiander: 3:52pm On Sep 18, 2015
any excuse to siphon money.
Re: Ethnic Nationalities To Hold Peace Conference In Abuja by ibadantiti(f): 4:02pm On Sep 18, 2015
The zoo must fall first

Then we can listen to them cool

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Nationalities To Hold Peace Conference In Abuja by rudebouy: 4:06pm On Sep 18, 2015
kenny987:
Peace without equality at all levels will amount to a farce! This will only be achieved by autonomy of regions. Provided one central individual or govt calls d shots and involves itself in mundane matters like education, health, resource control, internal security et al, it will not work.

No one should be seen as more superior or having opportunities skewed in their favour and that is what our current system encourages. Until that anomaly is addressed, we will not have real sustainable peace necessary for development. Interests of some will keep overriding that of others and that remains a major problem.

I totally agree with you.

Everybody is calling for true federalism and we forget that the civil war occured when we were practising true federalism.

Until the hatred we have for each other is dealt with, no system of government can solve our problems.
Re: Ethnic Nationalities To Hold Peace Conference In Abuja by rudebouy: 4:11pm On Sep 18, 2015
wisdomguy4u:

True federalism or biafra

I totally agree with you.

Everybody is calling for true federalism and we forget that the civil war occured when we were practising true federalism.

Until the hatred we have for each other is dealt with, no system of government can solve our problems.
Re: Ethnic Nationalities To Hold Peace Conference In Abuja by docsholz(m): 4:23pm On Sep 18, 2015
Nigeria is its own problem, it needs to divide so there can be peace
Re: Ethnic Nationalities To Hold Peace Conference In Abuja by EasternLionn: 4:25pm On Sep 18, 2015
I thought you people said Nigeria was peaceful and Radio Biafra is igniting hate and violence?

Hahaha, so why would you need a peace convention if there was peace?

Jokers, ndi ara.

Anyway, those of them representing indigenous Biafrans must demand Biafra and nothing else, infact tell them the zoo must fall if they don't give us Biafra,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnic Nationalities To Hold Peace Conference In Abuja by biafranking: 5:34pm On Sep 18, 2015
the zoooooooooo must fallllllllllllllllllllllll........

The zooooooo must falllllllll......

The end of zoological republic of goats and sheep is over...
it s matter of time..
Re: Ethnic Nationalities To Hold Peace Conference In Abuja by Kestolovee95(f): 6:16pm On Sep 18, 2015
After Buhari has divided and destroyed the country with "dogs and baboon, soaked in blood" threats and killings to achieve power, he now wants to mend the country he fought hard to destroy, he wants to enjoy a peaceful reign. ahahahahaha!

He has damaged the country forever with his divisive and hateful statements. The geographical expression is gone good and Biafra has risen, it will surely outlive him. He can bet on that.

(1) (Reply)

OPC Launches Manhunt For Falae, Abductors / Wamakko: Saraki’s Removal Will Spark Endless Crises / Senators Withdraw Vote Of Confidence On Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.