Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

5 Improvements In PES 2016 - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / 5 Improvements In PES 2016 (4772 Views)

Who Can Beat Me In Pes 2017 / How To Activate Multiplayer Mode On PES 2016 ISO PSP On Android / How To Fix VRAM Issues On Pes 2016, Changing Your Shared VRAM To Dedicated VRAM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Improvements In PES 2016 by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 9:00am On Sep 18, 2015
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2870327_pes2016_jpegbc4a84f0595b4e41c995630e8312ce51

So, I just got the highly-praised Pro Evolution Soccer (PES) 2016 for the Playstation 4 yesterday from Jumia.com and it feels great! I believe that PES 2016 deserves all the positive reception it has been getting from videogame reviewers. There have been many improvements in this particular PES that have been missing from previous editions over the years, and it is not surprising that Konami would put so much effort in PES 2016 since it marks the 20th anniversary of the series. I also predicted that this game would be great. Hopefully it can compete with FIFA 2016 but we will have to wait and see.

So, without further ado, here are 5 gameplay improvements in PES 2016 that make the game great;

1) Balanced finesse shooting; in the previous edition of PES 2016 (i.e PES 2015), the finesse shooting was overpowered- any player with good shooting ability could bend in-swinging shots into the far corner of the post on his stronger foot, even from odd angles. To be precise, a left-footed Arjen Robben could could score ridiculous goals from the right side of the pitch by curling an in-swinging shot to the left corner of the post. This has been balanced out in PES 2016 as only well-timed finesse shots from precise angles can be scored, especially if trying from outside the box.

2) Better commentary; while not strictly influencing the gameplay directly, the gameplay experience is enhanced with interesting commentary. The commentary in PES 2016 is the best I have heard in the series and I have played almost all the games in the PES series since Playstation 1. One clear milestone is the fact that the commentators can now keep up with the action on the pitch. This was one of the major problems I have had in the previous PES games in the series- the commentary was just lagging and laughably inaccurate on many occasions. I doubt that PES 2016’s commentary has reached the standard that the FIFA series from EA Sports has set, however, I must say it is a great benchmark for the PES series. Furthermore, PES 2016 has new commentators in the form of Peter Drury and Marco Hagemann.

3) Faster passing; I wouldn’t argue that the passing in general is more balanced but the faster passing in PES 2016 is an improvement over the delayed passing in PES 2015. In fact, PES 2016 is a very fast game generally when it comes to gameplay. This is a welcome improvement over the sluggishness in PES 2015 that made both passing and tackling difficult. The pass support in PES 2016, irrespective of the level (levels go from 1 to 3) seems better as I have had less wasted passes in the game compared to PES 2015.

4) Sweeter tackling and defending; have you ever felt like upending that dribbling speed-demon called Cristiano Ronaldo? Well, you can in PES 2016, for the price of one yellow card! The refereeing in PES 2016 is quite lenient and allows for a free-flowing game of football. While some might not see this as an improvement, I do. This is because the harsh refereeing system in PES 2015 made defending a real chore and red cards a normal occurrence in every match. Defending in PES 2016 is very basic and simple as pressuring an attacker off the ball or off balance is very straightforward- there is no need for complex preemptive covering-up and guessing.

5) Overall classic Winning Eleven/PES feel; PES 2016 plays like the classic (early Playstation 1 and 2) editions in its series. It is a simple game that is intuitive and therefore, learning the game comes naturally to any fan of football videogames. I played this game without any tutorials and I understood it completely. The defending, the counter-attacking, the shooting, the passing and the tackling are all straightforward. I say this because I played against a friend who normally plays FIFA and I didn’t need to do too much explaining for him to understand PES 2016. PES 2016 of course, is not perfect but simplicity is the fastest way to perfection. On gameplay alone, PES might be able to stand up to FIFA this year

http://allnaijablog.com/5-gameplaymatch-improvements-in-pro-evolution-soccer-pes-2016
Re: 5 Improvements In PES 2016 by mayordadon(m): 10:12am On Sep 18, 2015
waooo i will b waiting for pc own...
Re: 5 Improvements In PES 2016 by cao(f): 10:12am On Sep 18, 2015
I'm jealous of your PS4, I finally used a PS4 yesterday, the controller is slightly bigger and wider than I thought it would be. Anywho AllNaijaBlogger, you just want to flaunt your copy of PES 2016 & your white PS4. wink
Re: 5 Improvements In PES 2016 by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 10:19am On Sep 18, 2015
cao:
I'm jealous of your PS4, I finally used a PS4 yesterday, the controller is slightly bigger and wider than I thought it would be. Anywho AllNaijaBlogger, you just want to flaunt your copy of PES 2016 & your white PS4. wink

cool cool cool
Re: 5 Improvements In PES 2016 by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 10:20am On Sep 18, 2015
mayordadon:

PS4 is better. It comes in better resolution, or so I heard.
Re: 5 Improvements In PES 2016 by drey08(m): 1:06pm On Sep 18, 2015
love the new commentary
Re: 5 Improvements In PES 2016 by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 1:13pm On Sep 18, 2015
drey08:
love the new commentary

Yeah, the commentary is great
Re: 5 Improvements In PES 2016 by Singapore1(m): 4:53pm On Sep 18, 2015
mayordadon:
currentlY downloading pc version
Re: 5 Improvements In PES 2016 by drey08(m): 5:22pm On Sep 18, 2015
mayordadon:
get it here https://www.nairaland.com/2607019/official-pes-16-pc-thread
Re: 5 Improvements In PES 2016 by parrotibaba(m): 5:49pm On Sep 18, 2015
@op hv they solved the defending mishap that plagued the PES 15? like having to double tap the x button before ur player can put in a tackle or when u hv perfectly timed a sliding tackle, u end up being sent off or how a defender like Ramos can't mark a certain balotelli or origi side by side like in PES 12 n gets easily bullied by less fancied strikers? Glad to hear that the ref's harshness have been tamed cos it's uber-ridiculous!

To my next question, how is the master league in terms of improvements like for example, u play a league match today n 2 days later u r playing again which means ur players cannot fully recover for the next match or u play a match today n tomorrow ur players go out on international duty when u hv a match 2 days later?

How about certain player's endurance? like how Messi who plays almost up to 58 matches n more in a season to the full not last the first half in PES 15( FIFA 13 made this mistake in Rooney)

What about the ridiculous goalkeeping during penalty kicks? i.e the goalkeeper dives after the ball has gone past him.

Sorry about the numerous questions.
Re: 5 Improvements In PES 2016 by parrotibaba(m): 6:02pm On Sep 18, 2015
If u want to find the various flaws in PES 15 just play the superstar level. And another shtako moment in PES 15(in fact all PES games) is when the ball is about to go out for a throw in, ur player who is no longer under ur control helps the ball out whilst "trying" to control it thereby giving the opponent the throw in.
Re: 5 Improvements In PES 2016 by Chidexter(m): 7:08pm On Sep 18, 2015
Fifa Fans no go like this thread at all
Re: 5 Improvements In PES 2016 by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 7:37pm On Sep 18, 2015
parrotibaba:
@op hv they solved the defending mishap that plagued the PES 15? like having to double tap the x button before ur player can put in a tackle or when u hv perfectly timed a sliding tackle, u end up being sent off or how a defender like Ramos can't mark a certain balotelli or origi side by side like in PES 12 n gets easily bullied by less fancied strikers? Glad to hear that the ref's harshness have been tamed cos it's uber-ridiculous!

To my next question, how is the master league in terms of improvements like for example, u play a league match today n 2 days later u r playing again which means ur players cannot fully recover for the next match or u play a match today n tomorrow ur players go out on international duty when u hv a match 2 days later?

How about certain player's endurance? like how Messi who plays almost up to 58 matches n more in a season to the full not last the first half in PES 15( FIFA 13 made this mistake in Rooney)

What about the ridiculous goalkeeping during penalty kicks? i.e the goalkeeper dives after the ball has gone past him.

Sorry about the numerous questions.

They have changed many things

First, defending is easier. Pressing the pressure button (X on the PS4 pad) is enough to tackle any attacker. And you don't get red cards like you do in pes 2015.

Also, the fatigue is not as evident as it is in pes 2015. You hardly notice your player getting tired. But when they are tired they lose the ball easily when tackled

That's all I can say. I haven't had time to play master's league. But the game is madddd!
Re: 5 Improvements In PES 2016 by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 7:38pm On Sep 18, 2015
parrotibaba:
If u want to find the various flaws in PES 15 just play the superstar level. And another shtako moment in PES 15(in fact all PES games) is when the ball is about to go out for a throw in, ur player who is no longer under ur control helps the ball out whilst "trying" to control it thereby giving the opponent the throw in.

The most painful in pes 2015 is the ridiculous amount of fouls and cards. The referees were wicked!
Re: 5 Improvements In PES 2016 by parrotibaba(m): 7:57pm On Sep 18, 2015
@op shey the players dey walk like normal human beings for this PES 16 cos they d waka like zombies in 15 with their shorts flying upandan like say breeze the blow am.
Re: 5 Improvements In PES 2016 by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 8:05pm On Sep 18, 2015
Chidexter:

grin grin grin
Re: 5 Improvements In PES 2016 by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 18, 2015
parrotibaba:
@op shey the players dey walk like normal human beings for this PES 16 cos they d waka like zombies in 15 with their shorts flying upandan like say breeze the blow am.
lol.. i hope so too.
Re: 5 Improvements In PES 2016 by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 8:42pm On Sep 18, 2015
parrotibaba:

Ochillary:
lol.. i hope so too.

don't worry, PES 2016 is faster
Re: 5 Improvements In PES 2016 by amicableSavage: 9:46pm On Sep 18, 2015
I'm already playing it on my PC. It's so dope. I love FIFA o but this pes 16 ehn...lemme just say "the pitch is ours" is better than "play beautiful"....rocking my pes 16 on my PC hard till FIFA and it's crack comes out.
..which is gonna tey.

Imagine I got it just two days after official release. I'm good.
Re: 5 Improvements In PES 2016 by mayordadon(m): 4:04pm On Sep 19, 2015
amicableSavage:
I'm already playing it on my PC. It's so dope. I love FIFA o but this pes 16 ehn...lemme just say "the pitch is ours" is better than "play beautiful"....rocking my pes 16 on my PC hard till FIFA and it's crack comes out.
..which is gonna tey.

plz wer du u download from nd wer du u stay
Re: 5 Improvements In PES 2016 by amicableSavage: 4:09pm On Sep 19, 2015
mayordadon:
plz wer du u download from nd wer du u stay
arepo, ogun state. I do frequent ketu sha.
Re: 5 Improvements In PES 2016 by Collinz2(m): 4:43pm On Sep 19, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

PS4 is better. It comes in better resolution, or so I heard.
but konami says pc version will be different and better
Re: 5 Improvements In PES 2016 by trigar12(m): 6:29pm On Sep 19, 2015
amicableSavage:
..which is gonna tey.

Pls did u buy it or you downloaded it
Re: 5 Improvements In PES 2016 by amicableSavage: 8:16pm On Sep 19, 2015
trigar12:

downloaded. I'll give you freely if you are in Lagos or anywhere. Just come to Lagos ok.
Re: 5 Improvements In PES 2016 by amicableSavage: 8:30pm On Sep 19, 2015
trigar12:

downloaded. I'll give you freely if you are in Lagos or anywhere. Just come to Lagos ok.
Re: 5 Improvements In PES 2016 by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 20, 2015
Chidexter:

We are not bothered,fifa is the benchmark of how every soccer game should be.
Re: 5 Improvements In PES 2016 by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 20, 2015
cao:

Get onboard already grin
Re: 5 Improvements In PES 2016 by cao(f): 3:44pm On Sep 20, 2015
youmour:

Get onboard already grin
Shey na you give me money?
Re: 5 Improvements In PES 2016 by Sektion: 8:17pm On Sep 20, 2015
I guess the improvement includes arsenal playing with one other unknown team on the scoreboard of every stadium in the game(Pc version) don't knw if this applies to consoles. The gameplay is better than pes15 anyway. grin.......PC players try to confirm this scoreboard error when u wanna play goal kick or u score and the scoreboard is displayed on camera.(Without Patch)
Re: 5 Improvements In PES 2016 by Donsammi(m): 12:47pm On Sep 22, 2015
If you are in kubwa Abuja.... Contact me for the game.... PES 2016 PC version WhatsApp*
Re: 5 Improvements In PES 2016 by segs2k: 8:00pm On Oct 31, 2015
I am an ardent pes 16 fan n am looking 4 players in abuja.
Holla me on Twitter @segs2k

(1) (Reply)

How I Solved Black Pitch Issue On FIFA 19 For PC / Playstation 2 Emulator On Android!!! / The Last Of Us Vs Uncharted 4, Which Did You Fall In Love The Most?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.