Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,648 members, 7,861,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:14 AM

Condoms..birth Control..nigeria! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Condoms..birth Control..nigeria! (359 Views)

Female Twitter User Shares Crazy New Method Of Birth Control / Is It Ok For Ladies To Carry Condoms In Their Bags? / NGOs Distribute Free Condoms In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Condoms..birth Control..nigeria! by Afromano: 9:51am On Sep 18, 2015
I see lots of miscreants/hawkers etc. on the streets and I think; It's not their fault mehn. They never asked to be born. They would have totally declined to be created if they had foreseen the kind of life they were coming into. Yet certain irresponsible people fxcked them into this world and then fxcked up their lives. Why? Did those individuals not think that they may not be able to cater for the kids? Were they out of condoms? or is it that they could not afford condoms (in which case they should be downright denied the right to have kids), or they WANTED TO PROVE TO THEIR FAMILY AND VILLAGE FOLK THAT THEY ARE INDEED FERTILE OR "BLESSED" (this is the reason I hate the most). You would put somebody through a lifetime of sorrow, intimidation and mental torture just for the sake of validation? Just because you want to be seen as fertile...blessed etc. Just to feel among or accepted? Selfish People!!

The problem is not illiteracy as much as it is tribalistic and cultural stupidity! People still believe that "the more children means u are sooo blessed" well ain't no problem having many kids UNLESS YOU DON'T HAVE THE NECESSARY FUNDS TO CATER FOR THEM! Even them Abraham and all those biblical role models were wealthy people. research it. Wealthy people! When would people get that it is so UNFAIR and INHUMANE to bring a child into a life of suffering and pain and loneliness? Its just like capturing people and turning them to slaves- they ain't got a choice do they? IT IS A CRIMINAL OFFENSE!

I've always thought a public-sensitization campaign or birth control should have been implemented long ago to check the population growth but it seems all those in power seats are just as ignorant on the subject as the masses they lead. Isn't it Pathetic?

What do you think?

1 Like

Re: Condoms..birth Control..nigeria! by Sirex(m): 11:31am On Sep 18, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Relationship Matters: Ladies, Would You Propose To A Man? / Guys/girls Will You Celebrate The Love For Your Spouse With A Love Padlock? / Things To Consider When Naming Your Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.