Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,793 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Pastor W.F Kumuyi's Wife Is Dead? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor W.F Kumuyi's Wife Is Dead? (32450 Views)

Pastor W.f Kumuyi In Tivs Attire. / 2014 Prophecy By W.f. Kumuyi Of Deeper Life / Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor W.F Kumuyi's Wife Is Dead? by oluwdashmi(f): 12:04pm On Apr 20, 2009
May her humble soul rest in the heart of the Lord.
Re: Pastor W.F Kumuyi's Wife Is Dead? by mopelola2(f): 1:32pm On Apr 20, 2009
Yes, Our mummy in the Lord,the virtous woman has gone home to meet The Lord. I saw her last at the annual conference  for 2009 at Blackpool in U.K.
He died during the easter retreat time. We were unaware of her death until the end of the programme.
The author of God's women mirror which won lots of souls for Christ including me. Oh death where is thy
stings! Satan is a looser. Everyone has to learn lesson from her death. There is no doubt her 57 years of holiness and serving
God has won her crowns and eternity of enjoyment in the presence of Jesus. It is true that without HOLINESS, no man can please The Lord.
I have tried it and this is really working for me like a magic. May God help all of us who are christians to abide till the end.Amen.
May God console Daddy Kunmuyi,Jerry,John,Mother,relative left behind, ministers of God and the members of Deeper life Bible Churches at home and abroad through the power of holy spirit.
Adieu MAMA, we love u,but Jesus loves u more.Rest In Peace
Re: Pastor W.F Kumuyi's Wife Is Dead? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 20, 2009
I thought I was going to write about my feelings in here -about my meeting with her some days before her demise, -how we trully chatted about some issues -I never knew it was my last opportunity to be so close to her. . . .  . . .but I'm restrained. . . .

Instead, this song keeps coming to my mind. . . . .To GOD BE THE GLORY

http://nethymnal.org/htm/t/o/togodbe.htm

To God be the glory, great things He has done;
So loved He the world that He gave us His Son,
Who yielded His life an atonement for sin,
And opened the life gate that all may go in.

Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
Let the earth hear His voice!
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
Let the people rejoice!
O come to the Father, through Jesus the Son,
And give Him the glory, great things He has done.

O perfect redemption, the purchase of blood,
To every believer the promise of God;
The vilest offender who truly believes,
That moment from Jesus a pardon receives.

Great things He has taught us, great things He has done,
And great our rejoicing through Jesus the Son;
But purer, and higher, and greater will be
Our wonder, our transport, when Jesus we see.

It's never a time to mourn, but a time to give thanks to God for great things He has wroth. For her death is great gain.

I just don't know how i got this courage to write this piece. I've been sober for days about her demise. . . . .
Re: Pastor W.F Kumuyi's Wife Is Dead? by tpia: 12:43am On Apr 21, 2009
Re: Pastor W.F Kumuyi's Wife Is Dead? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 21, 2009
Lovely!
Re: Pastor W.F Kumuyi's Wife Is Dead? by favcom(m): 12:24pm On Apr 23, 2009
I attended the service of songs yesterday
Just coming to the reality
Re: Pastor W.F Kumuyi's Wife Is Dead? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 23, 2009
"The advantage of living is not measured by length, but by use; some men have lived long, and lived little; attend to it while you are in it. It lies in your will, not in the number of years, for you to have lived enough."

Adieu Mama.
Re: Pastor W.F Kumuyi's Wife Is Dead? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 23, 2009
Her story is an inspiration not just to women but to men too. God bless her ad her family.
Re: Pastor W.F Kumuyi's Wife Is Dead? by hubreality(m): 7:38am On Apr 24, 2009
To God be all the glory. Hallelujah!
Re: Pastor W.F Kumuyi's Wife Is Dead? by tpiah: 7:59am On Apr 24, 2009
I watched part of today's service, and I really feel for Pastor Kumuyi and the kids.

Lord have mercy sha. A wonderful woman- her children look like they had a mother who was beautiful in spirit. First time I'm seeing them, btw.

I wish she'd received all these accolades before her death.

God is in control. One should give praise when its due- you never know if tomorrow will be too late. I'm really learning a lesson from her life.
Re: Pastor W.F Kumuyi's Wife Is Dead? by JJYOU: 12:45pm On Apr 24, 2009
tpiah:

I watched part of today's service, and I really feel for Pastor Kumuyi and the kids.

Lord have mercy sha. A wonderful woman- her children look like they had a mother who was beautiful in spirit. First time I'm seeing them, btw.

I wish she'd received all these accolades before her death.

God is in control. One should give praise when its due- you never know if tomorrow will be too late. I'm really learning a lesson from her life.

lady T, so you are now sister T? this is wonderful. i didnt know you wazzz a sister. NL is very good. what was your name yesterday? sherifatou or something like that?
Re: Pastor W.F Kumuyi's Wife Is Dead? by tpiah: 3:47am On Apr 25, 2009
God is omnipotent.
Re: Pastor W.F Kumuyi's Wife Is Dead? by debyruby: 1:13pm On Apr 25, 2009
what a lose
Re: Pastor W.F Kumuyi's Wife Is Dead? by danfido(m): 4:15pm On Apr 25, 2009
A life well lived,
A Vision well pursued,
A Call faithfully answered,
That is the beauty of Christianity.
Re: Pastor W.F Kumuyi's Wife Is Dead? by oluwalosoga(m): 11:11pm On Apr 26, 2009
This is my first time reply on a topic here: Pastor Mrs Abiodun Kumuyi is not know to me, but I read "Chrian Women Mirror" even those who are not Christian read and get blessed by it. I have also seen her work on one of the young ladies of Deeper Life. This lady (Deborah by name) is a proof that young ladies can still be holy.

I am (humanly) sure that this woman is in heaven now. And I am humbly requesting THE LORD to let me see her in a revelation. I will be honoured to come give feed back in Nairaland. Sincerely I desire to live a worthy life too. I humbly request that you guys should pray for me so that I overcome this intense temptation in Port-Harcourt and Nigeria.

Haaaa! Oh! GOD! I promise to be very thankful when you get me to heaven, I want to be there, LORD JESUS, you know all my inner weakness, Pls help me
Re: Pastor W.F Kumuyi's Wife Is Dead? by mopelola2(f): 4:02pm On Apr 27, 2009
Well, we all know this, that without holiness no man can please the Lord.
we need to pray and determined against the word SIN and Temptation
S I N -   S- Satan, I- imputed, N- Nature as defined by Mama in one of her preaching to
young women. We have to fight the battle and won. Heaven is very very good but Satan is
busy populating his kingdom(Hell). Mummy Biodun Kunmuyi has fought a good fight of faith and no doubt
she has won and be with the Lord. She had laid the legacy for us all to follow.
We have to be careful of what we do in life. One day it will surely be my turn or your turn.
The Question is where will you, i, spend eternity? is it Hell or heaven. May God help us to abide till the end. Amen
Lets try our best so that we ask God to let us die the death of righteous, so that our end be like this,
Bye mummy,the virtous one.
Re: Pastor W.F Kumuyi's Wife Is Dead? by tpiah: 9:00pm On Apr 27, 2009
Kumuyi’s wife we knew, by sons, sympathisers

FOR two weeks, the International Bible Training Centre, IBTC, Ayobo, a suburb of Lagos, became a Jerusalem of some sort where a sea of faithful daily thronged to pay their last respects to a jewel who was taken back to heaven on April 11, after singing her own Nunc dimitis.

Born to the Olowu Family of Epe on January 7, 1952, Abiodun attended Baptist Primary School, Surulere in Lagos, She had her secondary education at the New Era Girls Secondary School, Lagos and then proceeded to the Federal College of Education, Akoka, Yaba, Lagos where she read Business and Secretarial Studies. On September 13, 1980, Abiodun married her erstwhile Bible study teacher, Pastor William Folorunsho Kumuyi. He had defied all pressures from friends and family concerning marriage, preferring instead to pray and wait for God to direct him to the partner He had chosen specially for him. God answered that prayer in Abiodun and the union was blessed with two sons, Jeremiah and John.

In his tribute to mother, Jeremiah, 27, said: “It’s been difficult for me to come to terms with my mum’s departure. Sometimes, I try to hold back tears and other times I’m still in utter shock. But I get consoled in the fact that she lived a dedicated life and has gone to be with the Lord. Words obviously cannot begin to describe how much she meant to me. I don’t think there would come a time when I would actually know what to say. I keep looking at her pictures from time to time remembering her counsel and how much she inspired me to live a devoted Christian life, As much as my heart aches and tears continue to flow, I believe God has a reason for everything.” His younger brother, John, in his tribute, said: “A true mother she was, that taught me and enforced the principles of humility and modesty, which she exemplified by her lifestyle. She has touched many lives far beyond her immediate family circle, She had been an inspirational support to my dad and the ministry as we won’t have gotten thus far without her. It’s definitely hard to see her go so soon, but if God says her ministry is complete, may the will of the Lord be done. We are all here today to celebrate the going home of my dear mother and yours also. My prayer is that we will all get to see her again when Christ comes and receive those resounding words, ‘Well done my child.”

The list of personalities that attended the funeral service is legion and many of them paid glowing tributes to the departed wife of the general superintendent of Deeper Christian Life Church, Pastor William Kumuyi. Erstwhile head of state, Gen. Yakubu Gowon, pleaded with Pastor Kumuyi to accept our sincere condolences especially at this crucial moment of great challenges for the family.  “Pastor, please accept our condolences for the passing away of our great mother to all of us. We wish you her eternal rest in the Lord. We all admire her for the noble strides she accomplished is such a shirt space of time she sojourned here on earth,  She was a shining example to all faithful mothers in Christ. May her gentle soul rest in perfect peace.”

Governor Raji Fashola, on behalf of himself and the people of Lagos State, also extended sincere condolences to the bereaved family, saying: “Reading the biography, it seems to me that the Deeper Christian Life Church has been around for ever. As you grief, sir, I beseech you to only grief in the physical because her great works have spoken eloquently about her great works here and has gone to joined her maker.”

Bishop Oyedepo described Pastor Kumuyi as a great man of God who needs all the support now because the journey had just begun for him. “It can only get better! May the Lord who has began a great thing in your family bring to a great fulfillment. May her soul rest in perfect peace.” Preaching the only sermon of the day, Pastor, Kumuyi who, maintained a philosophical silence in the last two weeks, smiling, said: “Traditionally, nobody would expect me to preach on a day like this, but when she was alive, and she is still alive, she accepted me as her teacher, husband and her pastor and she would prefer that her pastor should preach at her funeral service.”  The pastor also used the occasion to confirm Vanguard’s story that he refused to pray for the resurrection of the dead wife when he arrived the scene from the retreat ground. According to him, the wife actually opted to go with him to the retreat on Wednesday when he departed, but he prevailed on her not to because she was too weak to go for such a programme, and she watched the programme daily on satellite in their home. “When I called her on Friday evening to ask her how she was doing, she sounded so radiantly that I was encouraged to believe she was coming back to life but on Saturday morning when I called after the faith clinic, they told me her phone was no longer available.

“I rushed home without letting anybody know where I was going and when I got home, the elders were praying and wanted me to join them but I shove aside to go and see what was happening. When I saw her on the bed, she was looking very radiant with joy on her face but when I touched her and pushed her, I found that her body was here but her soul was gone.  When I was told, I just said ‘Praise the Lord’. I simply told the people there that she had gone home on the wings of my preaching and prayers. I bowed to the perfect will of God. I never thought of bringing her to this sinful world again and I went back to the retreat to continue to preach the gospel because she has gone to a better place and the gospel must be preached. I am still preaching the gospel.”

The two children were driven in a black Toyota Camry car marked GY 590 GGE while their father came in a black Mercedes Benz GL 459 FE 325 ABC. The ceremonies which began on Thursday were attended by a representative of the vice president, Dr. Jonathan Goodluck. He was represented by the  Aso Rock champlain, Venerable Ozurumba.

Mrs. Abimbola Fashola, Mrs. Roli Uduaghan, Justice Niki Tobi, Mr. Adidi, the advisor of Finance of Benin Republic, Pastor Michael Ojo who represented Pastor Enoch Adeboye, Pastor Lazarus Muoka, Bishop Mike Fadeyi, Bishop Godwin Eremobor, Rev. Solomon, Kumolu, Rear Admiral Ihenreh, Bishop Francis Wale Oke, and a representative of the Anglican Archbishop of Lagos, Most Rev. Ephraim Ademowo. The Oba of Ayobo also represented the traditional institution. She was laid to rest at about 2.03 p.m. amidst subdued tears.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/apr/25/311.html
Re: Pastor W.F Kumuyi's Wife Is Dead? by tpiah: 9:56pm On Apr 27, 2009

Interview with Pastor Kumuyi

By Jonah Iboma and Bosede Olusola-Obasa

Why didn't you grief over the death of your wife?  

It is because I know that our mother in the Lord, Mummy Kumuyi, had served the Lord while she was alive. From all indications, not just for me but for everybody who she had contact with, she went to be with the Lord and going to be with the Lord is my own dream and desire for her. I know it is a good thing that has happened to her. That is because being with the Lord, whom she loved and whom I love, is better than being here. That is why the joy of the Lord has filled my heart. The lesson that this holds for those of us who are still alive is to live our lives in a particular way as to have such glorious home calling when it is time; a life of sacrifice.

How would life without your wife be for you?

It depends on what you mean by being without her, because there is a physical presence and a spiritual presence. Actually, living without her would only mean living without her being physically present. But in the real sense of it I am not living without her.

How would you describe her?

I would describe her as a lovely, wonderful, spiritual and inspiring wife, mother and Christian leader. She was everything good you could think about. She was a great gift.

What would you miss about her?

What would I miss about her? I think I will prefer to keep that detail to myself.

As the Editor-In-Chief, won't her passage affect the publication of The Christian Women Mirror?

No, because she was not doing everything alone. She was a servant leader that carried everybody along. The vision is still there and those who were working with her would keep the vision running.

Can you remember the last word she said to you?

The last word she said to me. It is a bit difficult to point out, because we shared and spoke together a lot. And when you speak with someone often, it is difficult to remember the last word was. We communicated often.

Are you likely to take another wife?

Let us say that you are not a Christian leader; not even a Christian at all, and not in any religion, and your wife died and in less than two weeks someone asked you about remarrying another wife, how would you address such a question? I do not think that question is appropriate.

What is your advice for women in relating with their husbands?

Whatever dream, goals or aspiration you have, self efforts would only go so far. You want to be humble wife, you want to be successful, you want to have this and that, but most of the time, we want to achieve those on our own. That is why most of the time, we fail. God is the one that can provide all that we need to become the great persons we desire to be. My counsel would be that we should link up with Him. All the qualities, virtues, strength and traits we need would thereby be supplied. Mummy was such a humble person. She never argued with me whenever I offered direction on how things should be done. Our children never saw us arguing or disagreeing with ourselves. Most of the time, she tells me that although she is my wife, she also accepts me as her pastor. She was very devoted to the word of God and even cross checks references with me on my messages if there is an area she did not quite understand. It was a thing of joy for me that she went home on the wings of my preaching during the Easter retreat. We knew the Lord in our youth and that has provided that wisdom and strength from within for all our endeavours.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/apr/25/415.html
Re: Pastor W.F Kumuyi's Wife Is Dead? by mopelola2(f): 8:35am On Apr 28, 2009
Exactly. It is very intresting and inspirational. God almighty will continue to take care
of the family.
One of the lessons we learn is that one day, it will surely be my turn or your turn
to die. The question is ; where will you spend your eternity? Heaven or Hell
Hebrews 4:14 '' Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into
the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our proffession''
we should follow the legacy laid down by preaching the true gospel to the
people who are yet to be saved. Winning souls for Christ through propagation of the
word of God, living a good exampliary christian life and the doers of the word. This is the
great commission.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. / *~ Goshen360 Voted Religion Section Poster Of 2012*~ Congratulations! / Masquerades Invade Plateau Church, Flog Pastor, Worshipers (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.