Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,138 members, 7,860,093 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:50 AM

Have U Ever Been Scammed, Share Your Experience - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have U Ever Been Scammed, Share Your Experience (1006 Views)

Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. / Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. / Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Story! Change Our Culture, We Are 55 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have U Ever Been Scammed, Share Your Experience by emmyojo22(m): 2:18pm On Sep 18, 2015
It was on thursday the 17th of September. I received a friend request on bbm from one Harry Brooks. He claimed he stays in manchester and would like to know me, he asked if I was gay and I replied him no, he asked if I am on Ichat that he would like to see my face while chatting with me, I told him that I don't have a laptop and before I knew it, he asked for my details claiming that he wants to send me one (I.e laptop). Suspecting that he was a scammer, I decided to play along, I sent him my details, in the evening of thursday the 17th of september, he sent me a snapshot of the proof that he has sent the laptop and that it will be delivered to me on the 18th of setember I.e today, seeing the snapshot, I was tempted to believe him cos everything seemed so real. On the snapshot was a customer care agent's number, he told me to call the customer care the following day that as at that time, the laptop will be in Nigeria. On friday which is today, I called the customer care agent and she told me that the goods have been brought to their office at abuja (meanwhile I told harry brooks that I reside in lagos), that I should come to abuja maitama to come and retrieve the goods or I should pay 7,500 to their account so that the goods can be brought to lagos. On hearing this I reported to Brooks who told me that the laptop will be delivered to me in Lagos and his reply was 'u're a fool, how much is 7500 that I cannot pay to collect my laptop '. So as to be sure that I was being scammed, I googled the courier that was used (I.e British Cargo Airways) and found out that there was no good sent from manchester to abuja on thursday and friday. It was at this point I knew that Mr Harry Brooks is a scammer who connived with the so called customer care agent to dupe me of my money

Picture of the Document

Grammatical corrections are welcomed

Re: Have U Ever Been Scammed, Share Your Experience by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 18, 2015
No
Re: Have U Ever Been Scammed, Share Your Experience by boboLIL(m): 2:21pm On Sep 18, 2015
I'm scam-proof** they nva born that brain wey go scam me
Re: Have U Ever Been Scammed, Share Your Experience by delishpot: 2:23pm On Sep 18, 2015
You are lucky you were not greedy sha. They would have chopped you for waaay more than that 7500 naira
Re: Have U Ever Been Scammed, Share Your Experience by whirlwind7(m): 2:25pm On Sep 18, 2015
Have never been scammed, and I hope I would never be. I'm not greedy enough wink
To start with, why would I want to make friends with a stranger online, when we have absolutely nothing in common, with almost zero chance of meeting, and no reason to?
Is his life so empty that he was craving for such friendship? One has to be both greedy and utterly dumb to fall for certain cons.

I am very suspicious in nature. I question every motive, no matter how upright it seemed.
Meet a stranger one day.
You don't own a laptop, and he offered to send one same day.
Next, you got a notice that your laptop has arrived next day!

I believe in luck, but I don't believe in dumb luck.

1 Like

Re: Have U Ever Been Scammed, Share Your Experience by emmyojo22(m): 2:25pm On Sep 18, 2015
delishpot:
You are lucky you were not greedy sha. They would have chopped you for waaay more than that 7500 naira
True oo, but it seemed so real
If I had paid the 7,500 they would have devised another means to collect more money
Re: Have U Ever Been Scammed, Share Your Experience by emmyojo22(m): 2:44pm On Sep 18, 2015
boboLIL:
I'm scam-proof** they nva born that brain wey go scam me

So you think... Just pray u don't meet them.
Re: Have U Ever Been Scammed, Share Your Experience by boboLIL(m): 2:47pm On Sep 18, 2015
emmyojo22:

So you think... Just pray u don't meet them.
I don't reap wea I didn't sow.....try and listen to dis track ***nwa aba** by ruffcoin
Re: Have U Ever Been Scammed, Share Your Experience by IamRespected: 3:14pm On Sep 18, 2015
Ok lemme share mine, it happened with a nairalander, inspired autos, gave him money 2 import a 2003 honda accord, initially we agreed on 1.250, gave him 700 as deposit, 2 weeks later he demnded for 500 claiming that it is for clearing and that the business he did not get up to 50k, he then later told me 2 bring 200k, after all the debate we agreed on 100, two weeks after that no car nothing nothing, he then started ignoring my calls, after abt 1month of all the hassles he said that the car is in Nigeria and that I will give him another 50k on seeing the car which I agreed, so I saw the car, the sound system, the air conditioning was not working and it had a huge dent at the back, the car so much looked like a salvaged car, I refused giving him that money because I said all those faults will cost money, the man started threatening me with thugs, later discovered that he himself is a thug

1 Like

Re: Have U Ever Been Scammed, Share Your Experience by emmyojo22(m): 5:00pm On Sep 18, 2015
IamRespected:
Op u get luck sha ooo, coming back 2 share mine
Patiently waiting
Re: Have U Ever Been Scammed, Share Your Experience by delishpot: 5:28pm On Sep 18, 2015
emmyojo22:

True oo, but it seemed so real
If I had paid the 7,500 they would have devised another means to collect more money

Yes. The throw a bait small money at first then they ask for maybe even less lets say 2500 more then they clain another wayo and say you have to pay customs that the goods are worth 30k and you have to pay 10k to claim it. Na so you go pay tire grin
Re: Have U Ever Been Scammed, Share Your Experience by emmyojo22(m): 5:46pm On Sep 18, 2015
delishpot:

Yes. The throw a bait small money at first then they ask for maybe even less lets say 2500 more then they clain another wayo and say you have to pay customs that the goods are worth 30k and you have to pay 10k to claim it. Na so you go pay tire grin
grin
delishpot:

No be who get money go pay
Re: Have U Ever Been Scammed, Share Your Experience by delishpot: 5:50pm On Sep 18, 2015
emmyojo22:
grin

No be who get money go pay

Na so na. Dem go use the big eye try to draw am out. Lol. Na there you go see people even borrow money to claim goods. D3m go even calculate howmuch dem go make when dem sell some of the stuff grin

1 Like

Re: Have U Ever Been Scammed, Share Your Experience by Chidexter(m): 6:38pm On Sep 18, 2015
If i start to share my experience, nairaland bot go ban me for spamming o.

Infact i don dey plan to create e-book on am.
Re: Have U Ever Been Scammed, Share Your Experience by emmyojo22(m): 7:01pm On Sep 18, 2015
Chidexter:
If i start to share my experience, nairaland bot go ban me for spamming o.

Infact i don dey plan to create e-book on am.

The E-book part go make sense, as e go show many people the sense wey dose scammers them dae use
Re: Have U Ever Been Scammed, Share Your Experience by Seuncoded(f): 7:36pm On Sep 18, 2015
17 Times
Re: Have U Ever Been Scammed, Share Your Experience by emmyojo22(m): 8:09pm On Sep 18, 2015
IamRespected:
Ok lemme share mine, it happened with a nairalander, inspired autos, gave him money 2 import a 2003 honda accord, initially we agreed on 1.250, gave him 700 as deposit, 2 weeks later he demnded for 500 claiming that it is for clearing and that the business he did not get up to 50k, he then later told me 2 bring 200k, after all the debate we agreed on 100, two weeks after that no car nothing nothing, he then started ignoring my calls, after abt 1month of all the hassles he said that the car is in Nigeria and that I will give him another 50k on seeing the car which I agreed, so I saw the car, the sound system, the air conditioning was not working and it had a huge dent at the back, the car so much looked like a salvaged car, I refused giving him that money because I said all those faults will cost money, the man started threatening me with thugs, later discovered that he himself is a thug

Yours is strong oo, this one is corporate and continous scamming
Re: Have U Ever Been Scammed, Share Your Experience by Nina4u(f): 12:56am On Sep 19, 2015
http://www.nina4uuu..com/2014/01/facebook-scammer.html?m=1lol i sent the guy to the bank 15 times ....this is copied from my inbox on fbook ...funny reading ...

(1) (Reply)

PICS : Fatal Accident Currently Happening Along Ilobu - Ogbomosho Road / Abubakar Audu's Sons & Friends In Another Scandalous Allegation..They have guns! / Missing Person

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.