Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Olaoluwa Rasheed Visits Kunle Afolayan's Movie Set (Photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olaoluwa Rasheed Visits Kunle Afolayan's Movie Set (Photo) (28395 Views)

Florence Ita-Giwa And Oba Rasheed & His Wife Strike A Pose / Ademola Adeleke Prostrates For Oba Rasheed Akanbi (Photos) / Fashola Will One Day Be The President Of Nigeria - Actor Kunle Afolayan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olaoluwa Rasheed Visits Kunle Afolayan's Movie Set (Photo) by harbdulrasaq88(m): 4:50pm On Sep 18, 2015
[img]http://2.bp..com/-v_NHyMFAmXs/Vfww76Lmu5I/AAAAAAAGnTs/Xsu_HkFrniQ/s1600/1.jpg[/img]
It was a kind of moral boosting for award-winning film maker, Kunle Afolayan and his team weekend, when the Chief Executive Officer of Bank of Industry,BoI, Mr. Olaoluwa Rasheed stormed the popular Inagbe Grand Resorts & Leisure, Lagos, where he’s currently on location shooting his latest movie, The CEO".

Filmmaker Kunle Afolayan with the MD of Bank of Industry, Mr. Rasheed Olaoluwa, during the bank' s visit to the set of Afolayan's new movie, The CEO, at Inagbe Resort recently.
The BoI boss was at the place to show solidarity as well as appreciate the level of progress that the award-winning filmmaker has recorded since he started shooting his latest film two weeks ago.

The bank is one of the major financiers of the project. Briefing Mr. Rasheed, on the progress he has recorded so far, Afolayan said, the team will be moving to Nairobi, Kenya, and South Africa to shoot some scenes soon. He said, his new film will lead a revolution in African cinema, adding “It is no longer about Nigeria, it is taking Africa to the world.”

Responding, Mr. Olaoluwa said the bank is proud to be associated with Kunle Afolayan, who he describes as a pace-setter in the movie industry in Africa. “We are proud that you are a pace setter in this regard. You have done very successful productions in the past. We have no doubt that this film is going to be a blast."

According to him, being the first beneficiary of the NollyFund, which the bank introduced recently to support film makers and to take the industry to the next level,BoI boss has no doubt that Kunle's new film will raise the bar in African cinema.

Speaking further, Mr Rasheed said, while the bank is still working actualizing the community cinema project to boost film distribution in the country, BoI is also planning to support the establishments of international quality movie studios in Nigeria. "At the bank of industry, we have decided that Nollywood should be supported and very strongly for us to move to the next level.

When we introduced the fund, we have three objectives, one to ensure that people like Kunle who have shown that quality and helped in elevating African films to international standard, and secondly, we ensure we can support the movie distribution in a different paradigm." "We are still working on the community cinema and we will continue enterprenures that want to do business in that regard. The third objective is to support the establishments of international quality movie studios in Nigeria we are really pleased to be here.

You happened to be the very first beneficiary under our NollyFund and we thought it was important that we come here to show our support for you and the cast while you are still on set. This is just the beginning, we plan to do a lot more, we are development bank and our objective is to ensure that all the critical sectors in Nigeria get support from Bank of Industry.

We are proud that you are a pace setter in this regard. You have done a very successful productions in the past, w have no doubt that this film is going to be a blast." The cast of The CEO include Grammy Award-winning singer, songwriter, entertainer and activist from Benin, Angélique Kidjo; Haitan actor and model Jimmy Jean-Louis, best known for his role as The Haitan on the NBC television series Heroes; consummate actor, and founder of the New Nigeria Cinema movement, Wale Ojo; French-Ivorian actress and model, Aurelie Eliam; South African actor and presenter, Nicolaos Panagiotopoulos; Nigerian actress, Kemi Lala Akindoju; Moroccan star, Fatim Layachi; Kenyan actor Peter King, and Nigerian actress, Hilda Dokubo among others

[img]http://1.bp..com/-VZ3ym0c9FW4/Vfww8nrmEvI/AAAAAAAGnT0/CZy-cHpzLko/s400/3.jpgimg]
[img]http://3.bp..com/-yqe28zdbvss/Vfww9O0WOcI/AAAAAAAGnT4/aHerXt-scI0/s400/5.jpg[/img]

http://www.newshelm.com/2015/09/photos-bank-of-industry-boss-visits-set.html

cc lalasticlala

8 Likes

Re: Olaoluwa Rasheed Visits Kunle Afolayan's Movie Set (Photo) by donholy28(m): 5:04pm On Sep 18, 2015
Well done...he dey try.

1 Like

Re: Olaoluwa Rasheed Visits Kunle Afolayan's Movie Set (Photo) by WukedP(m): 5:04pm On Sep 18, 2015
Interesting, good to encourage them brothers who are hard workers

6 Likes

Re: Olaoluwa Rasheed Visits Kunle Afolayan's Movie Set (Photo) by klem93(m): 5:05pm On Sep 18, 2015
Kunle is know for his creativity. Making the Nollywood Yoruba proud... I Love Ya work bros right from SAWOROIDE TO OCTOBER 1 ... am sure CEO will also be a blast

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Olaoluwa Rasheed Visits Kunle Afolayan's Movie Set (Photo) by Vock(m): 5:05pm On Sep 18, 2015
Now this is good news, Kunle is finally reaping the fruits of October 1
We should support people like this, not actors and producers with shitt*y movies

They should protect the final product from The Alaba people

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olaoluwa Rasheed Visits Kunle Afolayan's Movie Set (Photo) by cosby02(m): 5:06pm On Sep 18, 2015
Tor
Re: Olaoluwa Rasheed Visits Kunle Afolayan's Movie Set (Photo) by ribbit: 5:06pm On Sep 18, 2015
Cool....

Kunle afoloyan, the only I reason I watch nollywood once a while .

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olaoluwa Rasheed Visits Kunle Afolayan's Movie Set (Photo) by damiloladuke: 5:06pm On Sep 18, 2015
conceptless film in the making -- JUST CAMERA

YOU THINK BLOGGING IS A JOKE...SEE WHAT MY ENGLISH CLIENT SENT TO ME TODAY

3 Likes

Re: Olaoluwa Rasheed Visits Kunle Afolayan's Movie Set (Photo) by Abeyjide: 5:06pm On Sep 18, 2015
he really tried in (first october)

6 Likes

Re: Olaoluwa Rasheed Visits Kunle Afolayan's Movie Set (Photo) by loadedmax(m): 5:06pm On Sep 18, 2015
Nice

1 Like

Re: Olaoluwa Rasheed Visits Kunle Afolayan's Movie Set (Photo) by PentiumPro(f): 5:07pm On Sep 18, 2015
We can only pray that the economic saboteurs in Alaba will not mess up the film when it comes out.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olaoluwa Rasheed Visits Kunle Afolayan's Movie Set (Photo) by scholes0(m): 5:08pm On Sep 18, 2015
Most successful Film director in NIGERIA
FACT.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Olaoluwa Rasheed Visits Kunle Afolayan's Movie Set (Photo) by GabrielSuswam(m): 5:08pm On Sep 18, 2015
Nice One Kunle

TGIF

Hearts are clingy to it...
The Bass hits you by its pulse...
Beams of splendid allure...
Light up your paths...
Splashed by an array of liquors...
Lost in Love in an amiable throng...
Spend these minutes of time You live...
Making memories to relish...
Say this citation without a stutter...
"Friday Night At The BANK, this is My getaway...This is where I belong"

The BANK Wuse2, Abuja

1 Like

Re: Olaoluwa Rasheed Visits Kunle Afolayan's Movie Set (Photo) by mrlaw93(m): 5:09pm On Sep 18, 2015
Another long meaningless epistle on Nairaland's homepage.

3 Likes

Re: Olaoluwa Rasheed Visits Kunle Afolayan's Movie Set (Photo) by TeamSimple(m): 5:11pm On Sep 18, 2015
scholes0:
Most successful Film director in NIGERIA
FACT.
Seconded

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Olaoluwa Rasheed Visits Kunle Afolayan's Movie Set (Photo) by Esejojo: 5:11pm On Sep 18, 2015
Nice one there.

2 Likes

Re: Olaoluwa Rasheed Visits Kunle Afolayan's Movie Set (Photo) by Sammyramires(m): 5:11pm On Sep 18, 2015
God bless my hustle.... Amen!!

1 Like

Re: Olaoluwa Rasheed Visits Kunle Afolayan's Movie Set (Photo) by damton(m): 5:12pm On Sep 18, 2015
ok
Re: Olaoluwa Rasheed Visits Kunle Afolayan's Movie Set (Photo) by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 18, 2015
After shooting the movie, he will go to Twitter and start crying about IGBOS pirating his useless movie! Y***ba Caveman

9 Likes

Re: Olaoluwa Rasheed Visits Kunle Afolayan's Movie Set (Photo) by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 18, 2015
Great guy deserves more

2 Likes

Re: Olaoluwa Rasheed Visits Kunle Afolayan's Movie Set (Photo) by teniola55(m): 5:13pm On Sep 18, 2015
i was here
Re: Olaoluwa Rasheed Visits Kunle Afolayan's Movie Set (Photo) by GspotAngela(f): 5:14pm On Sep 18, 2015
Igbos are very foolish

20 Likes

Re: Olaoluwa Rasheed Visits Kunle Afolayan's Movie Set (Photo) by midecrown(m): 5:14pm On Sep 18, 2015
Kudos to him..(Figurine)

1 Like

Re: Olaoluwa Rasheed Visits Kunle Afolayan's Movie Set (Photo) by Ilekeh(f): 5:14pm On Sep 18, 2015
lawanson44:
After shooting the movie, he will go to Twitter and start crying about IGBOS pirating his useless movie!

Is it a lie?

If his movies are useless they wouldn't have the highest grossing #s.

If his moves are useless, your Aba boys won't be pirating it.

Instead of stealing from other people's creativity, why don't you Igbo boys come up with something unique.

Message for Kunle from one of your fan (me). I hope you read this thread.

Please elevate Yoruba nollywood by:

1. Reduce amount of juju and make it more family-friendly.

2. Reduce the mediocrity in NOLLYWOOD

3. Market out Yoruba culture to the globe because apparently, the world loves Yoruba culture more than Yoruba people sef.

4. Pleaseeeeeeee employ professional Technical writers/ media writers for our English subtitles.

5. Make Yoruba movies more approachable.... i.e diversity in religion (atheism, islam, chrisitianity, etc), events people can relate to, everyday events, realistic human conditions etc.

Please read my post because my non-Yoruba friends love Yoruba movies. Please.

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Olaoluwa Rasheed Visits Kunle Afolayan's Movie Set (Photo) by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 5:14pm On Sep 18, 2015
The most hyped director in nigeria. The guy only makes noise with technology with the help of the yoruba press. I am yoruba so no tribal sentiments here.

And to all those commiting fallacy of hasty generalization who think because u belong to a particular tribe u must defend all those from dat tribe. Its just plain stupid. I have not seen anything that distinguish d guy from ur average nollywood director. Like I said he has acess to technology and he only makes hype around it to market his movies. once agin with the help of press.

10 Likes

Re: Olaoluwa Rasheed Visits Kunle Afolayan's Movie Set (Photo) by BizBayo: 5:16pm On Sep 18, 2015
must haters follow every thread?

Big up bro. we share the same vision about our Africa. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Olaoluwa Rasheed Visits Kunle Afolayan's Movie Set (Photo) by Rotjijatau(m): 5:17pm On Sep 18, 2015
.Another nonsense film like Oct 1.

Next Please!!! Make him go use him money do better things instead of movies.... ***My Opinion****

1 Like

Re: Olaoluwa Rasheed Visits Kunle Afolayan's Movie Set (Photo) by gaetano: 5:18pm On Sep 18, 2015
CEO, waiting for alaba boiz to make it cheaper so i can buy.

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Olaoluwa Rasheed Visits Kunle Afolayan's Movie Set (Photo) by Demmzy15(m): 5:19pm On Sep 18, 2015
Yeebhoe people see what a Yoruba man is doing. cheesy

Yeebhoe people go for IT jor! tongue

6 Likes

Re: Olaoluwa Rasheed Visits Kunle Afolayan's Movie Set (Photo) by GabrielSuswam(m): 5:20pm On Sep 18, 2015
GspotAngela:
Igbos are very foolish

Get Sense

2 Likes

Re: Olaoluwa Rasheed Visits Kunle Afolayan's Movie Set (Photo) by ibkgab001: 5:20pm On Sep 18, 2015
Oct 1 hacked
Re: Olaoluwa Rasheed Visits Kunle Afolayan's Movie Set (Photo) by saintkel(m): 5:20pm On Sep 18, 2015
GspotAngela:
Igbos are very foolish
just like ur family didn't train u well, pig

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Under Buhari, Cows Fare Better": Udom Distances Self From Aide's Comment / 51 Killed In Fresh Zamfara Attacks / 2023: Rochas Okorocha Declares bid To Run For President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.