Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,139 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Exclusive… Arm Cache: Noose Tightens Around Akpabio - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exclusive… Arm Cache: Noose Tightens Around Akpabio (1041 Views)

More Troubles For Diezani: FG, UK Police Tighten Noose On Her / Looted Billions: Buhari Tightens Noose On Jonathan’s Men - Vanguard / CBN orderss BDCs to provide BVN of customers - noose tightens on Dollar movement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exclusive… Arm Cache: Noose Tightens Around Akpabio by realjoker(m): 11:15pm On Sep 18, 2015
Former governor of Akwa Ibom State and now Senate Minority Leader, Godswill Akpabio who is outside the country on a medical trip may not be in a hurry to return. Reason: he is likely to be picked up by security agents to answer question about the purported arms and ammunitions that were found during a recent raid of the Akwa Ibom Government House. It would be recalled that operatives from the Department of State Security (DSS) reportedly stormed the Akwa Ibom State Government House in Uyo, the state capital where a stockpile of arms and foreign currencies were allegedly discovered in a large room. On arrival, the team reportedly went straight to the State Presidential lodge located within the Government House premises and broke the iron and mental door of a large safe built in the lodge, in which the arms and cash were said to have been stacked. It was gathered that former Governor Akpabio was still in-charge of the Presidential lodge, and now he is reportedly wanted in connection with the arms and cash found there. Read also: Akpabio flown abroad for treatment According to Ripples sources, Akpabio may be aware that he is likely to be picked up on arrival in Nigeria, and has been reportedly making frantic calls to some chieftains of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) to prevail on the security agencies, and bail him out “He has been calling oga, and I hear that he has also been calling others too to see how they can help”, our source stated. He continued, “I don’t think Akpabio is the main target. I think he is just a means to an end, and I’m sure if he plays ball, the evil cup may be lifted over his head”, he said. Political watchers believe that the coming travails of Akpabio may not be unconnected with the election of the leadership in the National Assembly where Bukola Saraki and Ike Ekweremadu emerged as Senate president and Deputy Senate president respectively against the wishes of the APC.
Re: Exclusive… Arm Cache: Noose Tightens Around Akpabio by realjoker(m): 11:16pm On Sep 18, 2015
Re: Exclusive… Arm Cache: Noose Tightens Around Akpabio by Eeser: 11:18pm On Sep 18, 2015
Aiit
Re: Exclusive… Arm Cache: Noose Tightens Around Akpabio by Demmocrats(m): 11:21pm On Sep 18, 2015
Re: Exclusive… Arm Cache: Noose Tightens Around Akpabio by igbinigiejeff(m): 11:45pm On Sep 18, 2015
Politics!Don't play with the man on power.
Re: Exclusive… Arm Cache: Noose Tightens Around Akpabio by MrZachs(m): 11:47pm On Sep 18, 2015
We dey Watch in 12D
Re: Exclusive… Arm Cache: Noose Tightens Around Akpabio by frankyychiji(f): 11:56pm On Sep 18, 2015
realjoker:
Former governor of Akwa Ibom State and now Senate
Minority Leader, Godswill Akpabio who is outside the
country on a medical trip may not be in a hurry to
return. Reason: he is likely to be picked up by security
agents to answer question about the purported arms
and ammunitions that were found during a recent raid
of the Akwa Ibom Government House.
It would be recalled that operatives from the
Department of State Security (DSS) reportedly stormed
the Akwa Ibom State Government House in Uyo, the
state capital where a stockpile of arms and foreign
currencies were allegedly discovered in a large room.
On arrival, the team reportedly went straight to the
State Presidential lodge located within the Government
House premises and broke the iron and mental door of
a large safe built in the lodge, in which the arms and
cash were said to have been stacked.
It was gathered that former Governor Akpabio was still
in-charge of the Presidential lodge, and now he is
reportedly wanted in connection with the arms and
cash found there.
Read also: Akpabio flown abroad for treatment
According to Ripples sources, Akpabio may be aware
that he is likely to be picked up on arrival in Nigeria,
and has been reportedly making frantic calls to some
chieftains of the ruling All Progressives Congress
(APC) to prevail on the security agencies, and bail him
out “He has been calling oga, and I hear that he has also
been calling others too to see how they can help”, our
source stated.
He continued, “I don’t think Akpabio is the main target.
I think he is just a means to an end, and I’m sure if he
plays ball, the evil cup may be lifted over his head”, he
said.
Political watchers believe that the coming travails of
Akpabio may not be unconnected with the election of
the leadership in the National Assembly where Bukola
Saraki and Ike Ekweremadu emerged as Senate
president and Deputy Senate president respectively
against the wishes of the APC.
TRASH FROM AN ATTENTION SEEKER, PLS DISCOUNTENANCE! undecided
Re: Exclusive… Arm Cache: Noose Tightens Around Akpabio by DaBullIT(m): 2:32am On Sep 19, 2015
A is for Apple

B is for Ball

C is for Cat

W is for Wailing Wailers
Re: Exclusive… Arm Cache: Noose Tightens Around Akpabio by realjoker(m): 9:16am On Sep 19, 2015
frankyychiji:
TRASH FROM AN ATTENTION SEEKER, PLS DISCOUNTENANCE! undecided
And if I may ask, seeking for whose attention?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Delta Speaker Igbuya Describes Women As "Big Arse " / Igbo, The Lost Black Jewish Tribe. Don't Fear My Brothers, We Shall Conquer! / I Can't Take These Anymore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.