Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria (9158 Views)

India Offers To Buy N367bn Pulse Beans From Nigeria / I Received N740 Thousand Naira In My Bank Account Instead Of N370 Thousand Naira / The High Value Of The Naira In The Eighties (Picture Proof) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by makzeze: 7:04am On Sep 19, 2015
A controversial and powerful United Nations population agency has offered to boost the Nigerian Naira in exchange for the federal government to change its position on reproductive health and abortion in the country.

Reports say there have been setbacks in advancing abortion and sexual rights for adolescents in Africa.

The UN Population Fund (UNFPA) told Nigeria to take back its reservations on “sexual and reproductive health” and “reproductive rights” in a new UN development agreement. The controversial terms are the cornerstone of the decades-long campaign to create an international right to abortion, and expand sexual rights for minors.

“If Nigeria withdraws her reservation on the two targets, the country will get maximum value for Naira [the Nigerian currency],” the agency’s representative, Ms Ratidzai Ndhlovu, told a gathering of population experts in Abuja, according to the News Agency of Nigeria.

Nigeria’s reservations are not new or controversial, but they undermine the goals of the UN population agency—backed by wealthy European governments and the United States—to reduce population growth in Africa.

source:http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/united-nations-offers-to-boost-naira-in-exchange-for-legalization-of-abortion-in-nigeria.120467/

cc: lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by menix(m): 7:07am On Sep 19, 2015
When I talk say we dey sell our birth right with all these foreign trips shebi una don see am...

Soon they will tell us to recognize _incest so that 1naira=$1...

We have truly lost our prestige..

Modified:
If I say FTC now, it won't still stop PMB frm selling us on a platter of 1 calf...

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by DEXTROVERT: 7:07am On Sep 19, 2015
Y
Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:05am On Sep 19, 2015
E don day enter naija small small Oooo ish.....
Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by Tonnierichy(m): 8:25am On Sep 19, 2015
This is a big one!! Am not in support of the idea of abortion because its not Godly!! But I just feel its a better option in some cases....a good example is d issue of d women impregnated by d boko haram sects....Leaving them to produce d babies inside them will most likely traumatize them for the rest of their lives....What if there's nothing to remind them often of the things they went through?! Wouldn't that help them live a better and an inch-happy life!?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by dave2meek(m): 8:25am On Sep 19, 2015
You see what Baba is turning Nigeria to...Jumping from one country to another with no tangible result.

3 Likes

Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by koxi: 8:26am On Sep 19, 2015
They should keep their silly offer to themselves

7 Likes

Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by Neduzze5(m): 8:26am On Sep 19, 2015
Thunder!

The kin thunder wey go fire those idiots is still on it's way from Sambisa to the UN!

Fools! Mofos!! angry

8 Likes

Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by Collinsemegreat(m): 8:27am On Sep 19, 2015
Those that means naira is being held down intensitionaly?.

2 Likes

Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by geedeex2(m): 8:27am On Sep 19, 2015
Thats how they want to start abi? Firstly cajole us to legalise abortion and give minors sexual rights. we know where you're heading UN .We will resist any ploy to legalise same sex marriage .

4 Likes

Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 19, 2015
Hmmmmm....

1.The UN Agency for Population is not an economics group. They cannot give us a loan to ''boost our naira''.

2.The only global bodies that can do something close to boosting our economy via loans are the IMF and the World Bank.

3.The comment quoted below...

“If Nigeria withdraws her reservation on the two targets, the country will get maximum value for Naira [the Nigerian currency],” the agency’s representative, Ms Ratidzai Ndhlovu, told a gathering of population experts in Abuja, according to the News Agency of Nigeria

could be interpreted to mean that if Nigeria implements abortion rights.......it would improve our economy.....IE....there would be less mouths to feed....and by extension more money saved....boosting our economy. That is what is meant by ''value for naira''

4.The only way we can boost the value of our naira is by an increase in the oil price....or by Nigeria becoming an industrial economy. Taking a loan to boost the value of the naira.....even under generous conditions like ''we will leave you alone on abortion rights''....is not good economic practice.

5.While I am opposed to abortion (many countries with liberal abortion/contraceptive laws also have serious demographic crises...which means they do not have enough young people to pay for the old ones....which is why many European countries take in immigrants).....it is disengenous to beleive that the UNFPA can influence economic policy just like that.

6.Whoever wrote the article the OP posted is basically telling tall tales to sell his newspaper.

For the benefit of doubters.....the UN cannot force Nigeria to implement abortion laws....in return for money to boost our naira. (which is bad economic practice anyway).So....bogus report.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 19, 2015
Rubbish!!!
Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by udemzyudex(m): 8:27am On Sep 19, 2015
Lol... So this is Buhari and the CBN governor plan.... Hmmm
Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by An2elect2(f): 8:27am On Sep 19, 2015
This is another form of blackmail.

2 Likes

Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by lilmax(m): 8:27am On Sep 19, 2015
Them don come again
Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by pretydiva(f): 8:27am On Sep 19, 2015
Thunder fire their left yansh..we don't need their help. They should go 2 hell with it..bloody murderers

4 Likes

Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by Rowlandjude(m): 8:27am On Sep 19, 2015
UN please leave our Currency alone. What we need is constant Electricity and Job, U can Have oil but not the Abortion stuff.

1 Like

Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by ndaman25: 8:27am On Sep 19, 2015
we Dnt need it
Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by hardywaltz(m): 8:28am On Sep 19, 2015
Taaa
Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by UnknownT: 8:28am On Sep 19, 2015
The name is Ndlovu which is prolly a Zimbabwean name. At least i know our naira is stronger than zimbabwean dollars so the UN agent should start the improvement with her country

4 Likes

Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by damton(m): 8:28am On Sep 19, 2015
So it is now for the UN to give us Conditions in order to get any assistance. Hmmm. this reeks of imperialism and neo-colonial tendencies

1 Like

Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by sheunsheun(m): 8:28am On Sep 19, 2015
What will it tk us 2 legalise abortion, our ever grwin populatin nids 2 b controlled.
Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by Freelancer007(m): 8:28am On Sep 19, 2015
grin
Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by Neduzze5(m): 8:28am On Sep 19, 2015
Hollabesea:
Rubbish!!!

Total rubbish!

At times, I wonder what kind of brain those idiots possess! angry

2 Likes

Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by Jbond(m): 8:28am On Sep 19, 2015
Filha da Puta UN.
Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by akinlex(m): 8:28am On Sep 19, 2015
Let me read first

Modified

Are we now being hypocritical here? The kind of comments i see here made me to jump into conclusion of us being hypocritical.

But let me ask one question, have we not been carrying out abortion secretly and openly before? Ladies i need answers from you on this particular one.

NB I am not in support of abortion
Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by sweatlana: 8:28am On Sep 19, 2015
Na wa o!

All these are signs of the end time!

Give your life to Christ and live right.

2 Likes

Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by Bacteriocin(m): 8:28am On Sep 19, 2015
JP Morgan and co.......
Now dem don dey come one by one
grin
Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by jazinogold(m): 8:28am On Sep 19, 2015
dy wan use PMB campaign promises take hunt m! shey b e talk say e go mk 1naira = 1dollars!
Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by datguru: 8:28am On Sep 19, 2015
The bible says NO

The Koran says NO

Even Amadioha and Sango says NO

So Nigeria Says NOOOOOO

2 Likes

Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by olayincar(m): 8:29am On Sep 19, 2015
Ok
Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by emmybliz(m): 8:29am On Sep 19, 2015
http://PayRefe.com/?ref=5228 click here and thank me later

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4m Grant From Ishiba. How True? / See This Modern 4bedroom Bungalow Architectural Design For 50 X 100ft Land / Dollar Supply Rises To $11 Billion, Naira Closes 1,572/$

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.