Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,973 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria (9167 Views)

India Offers To Buy N367bn Pulse Beans From Nigeria / I Received N740 Thousand Naira In My Bank Account Instead Of N370 Thousand Naira / The High Value Of The Naira In The Eighties (Picture Proof) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by solonazzy: 8:39am On Sep 19, 2015
Pls let us stop pretending as a nation..... Acpt Dis mother fucking terms n boost d economy..... It's nt legal to abort, bt everyday abortion goes on in d country, even leading to further loss of lives as gals run to armatures to do it for dem... Over 50 percent of our gals hav aborted.... Y do we keep deceiving ourselves..... Same thing with d gay stuff.... I hav gays in ma area...u Dnt legalise an action, bt it still goes on as If it's legalised...... We r nothn bt super pretenders
Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by kode12: 8:39am On Sep 19, 2015
Though morally and ethically abortion is wrong and a since,its still being done around the country on a daily basis and because of the illegality of the process currently in Nigeria persons opting for abortion have to resort to ussing quacks further endangering their lives and that of the child they hope to terminate,so I ask you what really would Nigeria lose in legalizing abortion NOTHING. And now doing so would actually benefit the economy so why the hell not??What we have now is empty pride so we can as well drop it.
Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 19, 2015
But people still dey commit the abortion tire already na...make them accept the deal joor... grin grin grin
Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by Guyman02: 8:39am On Sep 19, 2015
Neduzze5:
Thunder!

The kin thunder wey go fire those idiots is still on it's way from Sambisa to the UN!

Fools! Mofos!! angry

It is UN and UNN, wetin Nsukka students do you. no be dem say make Govt legalise abortion na UN agency talk am sad sad
Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by possibilita(m): 8:40am On Sep 19, 2015
This isn't blackmail this is kidnapping,they just kidnapped our Naira and Presido and the ransom is abortion legalization,I just hope Buhari don't negotiate with these kidnappers

1 Like

Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:40am On Sep 19, 2015
UnknownT:
The name is Ndlovu which is prolly a Zimbabwean name. At least i know our naira is stronger than zimbabwean dollars so the UN agent should start the improvement with her country

Zimbabwe do not use their Zimbabwean dollar again... They stopped using it more than 6 years ago
Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by udemzyudex(m): 8:41am On Sep 19, 2015
Naff24:

See ur mouth like that of shekarahu

Smh... Like say she don see my golden mouth before... No be only shekarahu na Zachariah
Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by Neduzze5(m): 8:44am On Sep 19, 2015
Guyman02:

It is UN and UNN, wetin Nsukka students do you. no be dem say make Govt legalise abortion na UN agency talk am sad sad

Guy you no notice say ah don edit am ni? angry
Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 19, 2015
Abortion should be legalised in Naija.
Whether its legalised or not, ppl that will do abortion will still abort and 90% if not 99% of abortions done in nigeria are done by quacks. Many teenagers and even married women lose their lives with these quacks. Legalising it will give them the opportunity to use professionals and put quacks out of business.
Even if it is legalised, nobody will willingly get pregnant in order to commit abortion cos abortion is still very very risky.

Personally, I will advise anybody that gets pregnant to bear the child and if you can't take care of the child or bear to see the child, give the child up for adoption. . abortion can kill whether done legally or illegally.
Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 19, 2015
It's time we built a United states of Africa in order to harness the resources for a stronger Africa. Africa shouldn't be seen as a dump for unpatronizing foreign policies which is why I salute the courage of Mbeki by letting Omar Bashir to leave SA in disregard to the ICJ warrant of arrest.

He may be guilty of war crimes but I'm tempted to ask why Netanyahu had not been dragged to ICj for the killing of palesthines, why Bush and Blair aren't punished for the killings in Iraq and Afghan, why Assad is yet to to issued a warrant despite the continous killing of his own people and so many but they deemed it fit to sanction Taylor and now want Bashir to be humiliated because he's an African. A USAF will have its own court where erring leaders will be sanctioned.

Africa must take a stand else this neo-colonization will never end. Stop selling your resources ie gold, diamond, oil, cocoa, and so many others which Africa is blessed with and see if you won't get a fair deal in a highly globalized world where Africa has a very little competing influence !
Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by Chuksemi(m): 8:45am On Sep 19, 2015
Though I am very liberal. I don't seem to understand how this people plan to achieve this. appreciating naira in exchange for abortion rights, sounds like a coup to me.

1 Like

Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by ajealadick(m): 8:45am On Sep 19, 2015
I totally support the right to legalize abortion. Ask yourself how many percentage of women actually keep the pregnancy because its not legal? They go for illegal operations and self medication. This kills most times or destroy the womb totally.
Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by omojeesu(m): 8:46am On Sep 19, 2015
Abortion is murder of the innocent and helpless, except for some medical reasons to save the mother and some cases of rape, perhaps!

The esoterics is that abortion is human sacrifice, a great sin, wickedness and an abormination before God who is Love and Life and Author of both.

Our corruption has boxed us in for Satan's NWO agents to oppress, manipulate us and cause us to be target of God's wrath as they are.

1 Like

Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by okeyngene1: 8:47am On Sep 19, 2015
Abortion 'll continue weda legalize or not
Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by free2ryhme: 8:47am On Sep 19, 2015
They will soon ask to legalise gay marriage to help with our economic crisis

Yeye

1 Like

Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by ozomatanaira: 8:47am On Sep 19, 2015
That's. A good idea ..nigeria is rotten with corruption already having reproductive right n sexual rite will not make nigeria a holy nation ,,having our naira value will catapult nigeria to a higher height..it will develop nigeria economy. N better for its citizens .if nigeria does nt agree to this nigeria will keep depreciating .for over 9months teachers have nt been paid salary who dey chop the money..av nt seen any improvement in our government ..for a change we must accept this policy.atleast its our human right .why shuld one man decide less .this country is already on its way to hell acceptin that policy doesn't mean we will nt go to hell..
Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by ndcide(m): 8:47am On Sep 19, 2015
Na gay right dem be one talk.
Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by spothot: 8:48am On Sep 19, 2015
It's quite unfortunate that many are just ignorantly blaming the UN as if they are the one that hold the naira to ransom. What they are simply saying is that legalizing abortion will boost the economy and its subsequent knock-on effect on the naira
Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by franklingud(m): 8:49am On Sep 19, 2015
E don dey start small small..
Soon now dem go tell us to legalise gay marriage to make N1 and $1 the same.

1 Like

Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by omojeesu(m): 8:49am On Sep 19, 2015
ajealadick:
I totally support the right to legalize abortion. Ask yourself how many percentage of women actually keep the pregnancy because its not legal? They go for illegal operations and self medication. This kills most times or destroy the womb totally.

The aborted children hear you!
Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by omojeesu(m): 8:49am On Sep 19, 2015
franklingud:
E don dey start small small..
Soon now dem go tell us to legalise gay marriage to make N1 and $1 the same.

You are dead correct!
Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by omojeesu(m): 8:50am On Sep 19, 2015
spothot:
It's quite unfortunate that many are just ignorantly blaming the UN as if they are the one that hold the naira to ransom. What they are simply saying is that legalizing abortion will boost the economy and its subsequent knock-on effect on the naira

Please, how?
Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by emonkey(m): 8:51am On Sep 19, 2015
makzeze:
A controversial and powerful United Nations population agency has offered to boost the Nigerian Naira in exchange for the federal government to change its position on reproductive health and abortion in the country.

Reports say there have been setbacks in advancing abortion and sexual rights for adolescents in Africa.

The UN Population Fund (UNFPA) told Nigeria to take back its reservations on “sexual and reproductive health” and “reproductive rights” in a new UN development agreement. The controversial terms are the cornerstone of the decades-long campaign to create an international right to abortion, and expand sexual rights for minors.

“If Nigeria withdraws her reservation on the two targets, the country will get maximum value for Naira [the Nigerian currency],” the agency’s representative, Ms Ratidzai Ndhlovu, told a gathering of population experts in Abuja, according to the News Agency of Nigeria.

Nigeria’s reservations are not new or controversial, but they undermine the goals of the UN population agency—backed by wealthy European governments and the United States—to reduce population growth in Africa.

source:http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/united-nations-offers-to-boost-naira-in-exchange-for-legalization-of-abortion-in-nigeria.120467/

cc: lalasticlala
[size=18pt]
This OP does not understand English. "Get maximum value for Naira" simply means you will get your money's worth for your expenditure. The phrase "get maximum value for dollars" is quite commonly used in marketing, and has nothing to do with forex" . Now do you understand ?[/size]

1 Like

Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by streetzdreamz(m): 8:52am On Sep 19, 2015
I believe only the females should have a say on this issue, cuz they bear the burden alone, but from MA view I think it should be legalized as some pregnancies poses as threats to the carrier, leaving them with still births which a times ends the life of the mother too, have witnessed at least 5cases where both mother and child died due to complications,anyways I ain't a doc, so the doctors and the females in the house should give their opinion, as to y"al screaming no, you just being hypocritical...
Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by makzeze: 8:55am On Sep 19, 2015
emonkey:

[size=18pt]
This OP does not understand English. "Get maximum value for Naira" simply means you will get your money's worth for your expenditure. The phrase "get maximum value for dollars" is quite commonly used in marketing, and has nothing to do with forex" . Now do you understand ?[/size]
kai, monkey. what is the meaning of boost? the issue raised here is: where the UN is tying abortion to our currency Naira?it looks absurd.
Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by omonnakoda: 8:55am On Sep 19, 2015
How many people go to jail for abortion in Nigeria? How many are charged? Let us not create issues out of non-issues.
Anyone who wants an abortion in Nigeria today can get it
Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by omojeesu(m): 8:55am On Sep 19, 2015
ozomatanaira:
That's. A good idea ..nigeria is rotten with corruption already having reproductive right n sexual rite will not make nigeria a holy nation ,,having our naira value will catapult nigeria to a higher height..it will develop nigeria economy. N better for its citizens .if nigeria does nt agree to this nigeria will keep depreciating .for over 9months teachers have nt been paid salary who dey chop the money..av nt seen any improvement in our government ..for a change we must accept this policy.atleast its our human right .why shuld one man decide less .this country is already on its way to hell acceptin that policy doesn't mean we will nt go to hell..

WHAT LOGIC! SO WE SHOULD KEEP SINKING IN ROT? THE VOICE OF THE ABORTED CRIES AGAINST YOU AND THE MURDER SQUAD!!
Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by ifeomaekol(f): 8:56am On Sep 19, 2015
Ahh very soon UN ll ask us to legalize homosexuality so dt Visa wuld be made easy for any nigerian wishing to come into their country. God abeg oooo.

1 Like

Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by sympathy55(m): 8:57am On Sep 19, 2015
sweatlana:
Na wa o!
All these are signs of the end time!
Give your life to Christ and live right.
they dont understand what is hapening my friend. more are still coming.
Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by omenka(m): 8:57am On Sep 19, 2015
I think the writer of the article must have taken this out of context.
Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by eve22: 8:57am On Sep 19, 2015
my people let us increase our prayer life, 666 is gradually coming in God help us.

1 Like

Re: UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria by ZUBY77(m): 8:58am On Sep 19, 2015
menix:
When I talk say we dey sell our birth right with all these foreign trips shebi una don see am...

Soon they will tell us to recognize _incest so that 1naira=$1...

We have truly lost our prestige..

Modified:
If I say FTC now, it won't still stop PMB frm selling us on a platter of 1 calf...

Will you keep quiet there.

Sooner or later, you will legalise abortion.
Hypocrite.

Stay there and suffer until you die, because one God from one book says abortion is ungodly.

And you animals give birth to 10 or more children without money to raise or educate them.
And you keep shouting government is not helping out.
Why not run to your Bible to help you pay their school fees.

Animals..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fires Razes Multiple Shops In Ibadan Spare Parts Market / What Is First Bank's Current Exchange Rate To Dollar? / FIRS Arraigns Companies, 3 Others Over Tax Evasion And Assault On Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.