Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,290 members, 7,836,276 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) (43219 Views)

Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" / Killers Of Python In Calabar: Handling Snake Is Our Culture; no charms or juju / Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 21, 2015
Xsolutions:
Now listen...I was referring to MYSELF when I made that statement so I don't know what you are yapping about. I didn't even check your profile not to talk of knowing whether your name is AYO or not.

I ONLY saw a thread of Beautiful Colours and a Nice looking Culture and I COMMENDED IT; the 'Yoruba Dude' I was referring to was ME angry ..YOU ARE THE MAD MAN HERE SIR angry ,YOU SHOULD APOLOGISE TO ME FOR ATTACKING ME FOR NO REASON.

God bless you.

Sorry... I thought u were referring to me, u comment looks confusing... Any way, sorry..

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 21, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Sorry... I thought u were referring to me, u comment looks confusing... Any way, sorry..
Any way, ACCEPTED, I can understand the way Nairaland has become, it can be easier to mistake someone's comment for a 'Tribal Attack', ONE LOVE.
God bless you.

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by LeSudAfricaine: 4:16pm On Sep 21, 2015
all4naija:
Not that bad at all! Nigeria is culturally superior to South Africa indeed, most especially, to the xenophobic Zulus.
South Africa this, South Africa that on every thread are you mentally unstable?

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by alcuin(m): 4:59pm On Sep 21, 2015
Goodboiyy:

They re nt even from Urhobo, Ijaw or Itsekiri, Trying to create confusion, I dey Online to Destroy there plan.. most of dem re nt from SS.. Evil people that don't like our unity,

Mevwe omo Urhobo den den.....

Full blooded Deltan. ...and I repeat there is no such thing as Olu of Warri. ....it's a fallacy, created for political purposes. Anyway, I don't expect u to accept... I wish u peace.

Thanks.
Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 21, 2015
alcuin:

Mevwe omo Urhobo den den.....

Full blooded Deltan. ...and I repeat there is no such thing as Olu of Warri. ....it's a fallacy, created for political purposes. Anyway, I don't expect u to accept... I wish u peace.

Thanks.

Mi nie rhe'.

Ota e olu na, ota Eme'h ra... Olu or'doh Vie e otor Urhobo oo, Ovie otor e' Iwerre, fo'rr ki di'hey he wa' ri say'rhe Ovie e Iwerre (warri) .. Wor unstandand ee'..

mehh okwho Urhobo Den .. Oni meh Urhobo.. Ose mehh iwerre..

Sorry 4 not replying u in English just trying to pass a msg to u.. I luv Urhobo more than anything, But let's nt fight about This olu of Warri stuff.. We re all 1 brother..

Oghene Ri'or kewve

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by Nobody: 6:15pm On Sep 21, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:
South Africa this, South Africa that on every thread are you mentally unstable?
Leave me alone. I have the right to say whatever I want to say about your country. If you don't like it you can f**k off my posts. It is my human right!
Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by LeSudAfricaine: 6:40pm On Sep 21, 2015
all4naija:

Leave me alone. I have the right to say whatever I want to say about your country. If you don't like it you can f**k off my posts. It is my human right!
Well as long you keep talking nonsense about my nation you'll feel my wrath you jealous prick
Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 21, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:
Well as long you keep talking nonsense about my nation you'll feel my wrath you jealous prick
You can do nothing! You Zulu dick sucker!
Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by LeSudAfricaine: 9:39pm On Sep 21, 2015
all4naija:

You can do nothing! You Zulu dick sucker!
I'll happily suck Zulu dick anytime than busy bragging about somebody's private positions (Dangote's private jets) who's sucking dickk? grin

The problem with you is that you aren't that smart

The painfull part is that you aren't even aware of that fact grin
Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by Nobody: 11:42pm On Sep 21, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:
I'll happily suck Zulu dick anytime than busy bragging about somebody's private positions (Dangote's private jets) who's sucking dickk? grin

The problem with you is that you aren't that smart

The painfull part is that you aren't even aware of that fact grin
I keep asking this question all the time. Why is it that South Africa xenophobic Zulus don't shower?
Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by Nobody: 11:44pm On Sep 21, 2015
@ Goodboiyy: I have followed your example, let's keep the thread clean smiley
Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by LeSudAfricaine: 12:05am On Sep 22, 2015
all4naija:

I keep asking this question all the time. Why is it that South Africa xenophobic Zulus don't shower?
I'm also yet to get the answer as to why y'all eat each other? grin
Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by Nobody: 6:10am On Sep 22, 2015
Xsolutions:
@ Goodboiyy: I have followed your example, let's keep the thread clean smiley

#biggrin.. thanks boss

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by onuwaje(m): 6:28am On Sep 22, 2015
Goodboiyy:

#biggrin.. thanks boss
Check ur email
Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by EbiJUNIRO(m): 7:42am On Sep 22, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Ijaw/Izon People

[img]http://2.bp..com/-RNUsOhVPoUA/URWU7mMQ01I/AAAAAAAAMsU/ePfz1K4Cy4E/s1600/Isaiah-Inara-Anthonia-Bayelsa.jpg[/img]

http://kwekudee-tripdownmemorylane..nl/2013/02/ijaw-people-nigerias-aboriginal-water.html?m=1

http://www.nacd.gov.ng/Bayelsa_State_Fashion.htm

God bless The Big Trio

Thanx fr the post I've been looking fr something like this so as to drop indigenous hardcore songs
BlackGeez - Danger mp3
Download here https://www.dropbox.com/s/c4cwo5bnx4bi2rv/Black%20Geez-%20Danger.mp3?dl=0

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by Akposy(m): 9:53am On Sep 22, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Oniovo biko wor gu' or

Urhobo v'i Isoko ovi'or vo na..

am creating another thread abt our People, I will Include Isoko .. Sorry if this upset u.. 1 Luv..

No problem... Though am from both isoko and urhobo....
Why dont u love ur dad
Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by free37: 9:59am On Sep 22, 2015
Nice.
Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by postmann: 9:36am On Sep 23, 2015
fratermathy:

Anioma people, except for Ndokwa nation, have nothing in common with the people of the Niger Delta other than proximity. The Anioma stock has its own culture and are in no way similar to those of the Urhobo, Isoko or Izon. I guess that's why the op didn't include it. That's not to say Anioma culture is inferior though. Just that they have more ties with the Igboid culture than the Edoid stock.

Your comment suggests that itsekiri , Urhobos and Ijaws are the ONLY culture in Niger Delta. And that the Ndokwa nation comprises just Obiaruko and Kwale.

well, how well travelled are you? How vast is your knowledge in the diverse cultures of all the ethnicities of the people of niger delta?
The largest group of people in the niger delta are the igbo speaking people. And the anioma culture is similar to the Ikwerres, Ndonis, Amoku, Etches, Ahoada etc.

I dont know you but there's something unbearablly urhoboic about you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by spanishkid(m): 9:42am On Sep 23, 2015
Macelliot:

Lovely.
Looks more like Igbo.
thanks but my culture doesn't look like yours in anyway.
Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by fratermathy(m): 9:56am On Sep 23, 2015
postmann:

Your comment suggests that itsekiri , Urhobos and Ijaws are the ONLY culture in Niger Delta. And that the Ndokwa nation comprises just Obiaruko and Kwale.

well, how well travelled are you? How vast is your knowledge in the diverse cultures of all the ethnicities of the people of niger delta?
The largest group of people in the niger delta are the igbo speaking people. And the anioma culture is similar to the Ikwerres, Ndonis, Amoku, Etches, Ahoada etc.

I dont know you but there's something unbearablly urhoboic about you.

@Bolded: you just got me reeling. grin cheesy

Anyway, when I say Niger Delta, I'm referring to the Geographical Niger Delta region which houses the Ijaws, Itsekiris, Urhobo, Kalabari. I do not mean the cultural and sociopolitical Niger Delta.

Meanwhile, the ANIOMA nation is sociopolitically a Niger Deltan nation just like the Ikwerres and Andonis but they are not in geographical proximity with the Niger Delta.
Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by postmann: 10:14am On Sep 23, 2015
fratermathy:

@Bolded: you just got me reeling. grin cheesy

Anyway, when I say Niger Delta, I'm referring to the Geographical Niger Delta region which houses the Ijaws, Itsekiris, Urhobo, Kalabari. I do not mean the cultural and sociopolitical Niger Delta.

Meanwhile, the ANIOMA nation is sociopolitically a Niger Deltan nation just like the Ikwerres and Andonis but they are not in geographical proximity with the Niger Delta.

You're really poorly travelled. To the average Urhobo man, the niger delta region doesnt go beyond the handful ethnicities you just mentioned. That's very naive and insulting.

Geographical niger delta covers a large part of Ukwani, Ndokwa, Ikwerre, Diobu , Ahoada, Emoha. And these people have a very different culture from yours.
My line of work has taken me to diverse places of the niger delta.

If the Ikwerres who have there mouth pointing to the sea in PH are not geographically niger delta to you, how then is Abraka, Eku, Orogun etc niger delta?
That's why i said earlier that you are unbearably Urhoboic.
You didnt even include Akwa Ibom and Cross River which have pure niger delta towns in their states.
I doubt if you truely understand the geographical term "Delta".

2 Likes

Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by fratermathy(m): 10:26am On Sep 23, 2015
postmann:

You're really poorly travelled. To the average Urhobo man, the niger delta region doesnt go beyond the handful ethnicities you just mentioned. That's very naive and insulting.

Geographical niger delta covers a large part of Ukwani, Ndokwa, Ikwerre, Diobu , Ahoada, Emoha. And these people have a very different culture from yours.
My line of work has taken me to diverse places of the niger delta.

If the Ikwerres who have there mouth pointing to the sea in PH are not geographically niger delta to you, how then is Abraka, Eku, Orogun etc niger delta?
That's why i said earlier that you are unbearably Urhoboic.
You didnt even include Akwa Ibom and Cross River which have pure niger delta towns in their states.
I doubt if you truely understand the geographical term "Delta".

Issorai. A good morning this morning to you my well travelled virtual acquaintance.
Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by postmann: 10:40am On Sep 23, 2015
fratermathy:

Issorai. A good morning this morning to you my well travelled virtual acquaintance.

A blessed morning to you.
Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by Macelliot(m): 11:50am On Sep 23, 2015
spanishkid:
thanks but my culture doesn't look like yours in anyway.
Are you Urhobo?
Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by spanishkid(m): 1:02pm On Sep 23, 2015
Macelliot:

Are you Urhobo?
my culture doesn't look like yours period.
Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by Macelliot(m): 3:09pm On Sep 23, 2015
spanishkid:
my culture doesn't look like yours period.
Stop being childish! Low IQ.

I ask, Are you an Urhobo?
Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by lezz(m): 2:17pm On Sep 26, 2015
fr3do:

Ndokwa and Ijaw have nothing with you guys.
Ndokwa is part of Anioma.
Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by victor1464(m): 3:01pm On Sep 29, 2015
all i know is dat itsekiris r pure yorubas,The usobos r pure edos, and so r d Anioma and NDOKWAS with d igbos. No group is an independent tribe. nobody owns delta state.delta state is for d Igbos, Ezons, yorubas, and Edos. Im proudly Ukwuani/Ndowka 4 life. I sorry 4u people who don't know history! Thats pure foolishness to d core..
Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 29, 2015
victor1464:
all i know is dat itsekiris r pure yorubas,The usobos r pure edos, and so r d Anioma and NDOKWAS with d igbos. No group is an independent tribe. nobody owns delta state.delta state is for d Igbos, Ezons, yorubas, and Edos. Im proudly Ukwuani/Ndowka 4 life. I sorry 4u people who don't know history! Thats pure foolishness to d core..

I find you to be a very confusing person, wallahi. One minute you are hopping on the 'Ukwuani are not Igbo' line, the next minute you are saying the emboldened and the italicised.
Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by alcuin(m): 9:44pm On Sep 29, 2015
victor1464:

Pure comedy.
Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by victor1464(m): 7:09am On Sep 30, 2015
Radoillo:

I find you to be a very confusing person, wallahi. One minute you are hopping on the 'Ukwuani are not Igbo' line, the next minute you are saying the emboldened and the italicised.
wat im tryin to say here is d relation ship between ethnic groups. Dont get it wrong. I wonder y some group of people will claim ownership of a whole state dat belongs to 7 different ethnic nations. Dats y i say its foolishness.
Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by onuwaje(m): 3:53pm On Sep 30, 2015
victor1464:
all i know is dat [b]itsekiris r pure yorubas,[/b]The usobos r pure edos, and so r d Anioma and NDOKWAS with d igbos. No group is an independent tribe. nobody owns delta state.delta state is for d Igbos, Ezons, yorubas, and Edos. Im proudly Ukwuani/Ndowka 4 life. I sorry 4u people who don't know history! Thats pure foolishness to d core..
Den u. Know nutin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Most Influential Monarch / "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo / What Led To Fracas At Oniru's Palace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.