Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,729 members, 7,831,322 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Saraki: CCT Chairman In #10million Bribe Scandal!- premiumtimesng - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki: CCT Chairman In #10million Bribe Scandal!- premiumtimesng (5715 Views)

How Saraki Bribed CCT Chairman To Dismiss CCT Charges - Sahara Reporters / Nigeria Raises Troops For Gambia, Ready To Remove Yahya Jammeh - Premiumtimesng / CNN Investigates Why Buhari Dumped $182 Halliburton Bribe Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki: CCT Chairman In #10million Bribe Scandal!- premiumtimesng by UmuEri(m): 9:46am On Sep 19, 2015
Accused of corruption, Code of Conduct Tribunal Chairman shuns EFCC

Aside from the alleged bribe demand and collection, Mr. Umar is also being investigated for maladministration and corruption at the CCT.

The Chairman of the Code of Conduct Tribunal, CCT, Danladi Umar, has refused to honour an invitation by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, over corruption allegations including allegedly receiving N10 million bribe from a suspect.

The EFCC had sent an invitation to Mr. Umar on March 18; requesting that the tribunal boss appears before the commission on March 27.

Mr. Umar had allegedly demanded a N10 million bribe from a retired Comptroller of Customs, Rasheed Taiwo, who is being prosecuted at the CCT for allegedly failing to declare his asset while in office.

Mr. Taiwo told the EFCC that he paid part of the bribe, N1.8 million, to the chairman of CCT through the latter’s personal assistant.

One refusal too many
A highly placed source at the EFCC had earlier told PREMIUM TIMES that Mr. Umar failed to honour an invitation sent to him to appear before the commission on December 30, 2013.

The Head Media and Publicity, EFCC, Wilson Uwujaren, confirmed that Mr. Umar failed to appear before the commission. The accused did not also notify the commission of his reason for not appearing.

It is not clear how the EFCC will handle the defiant Code of Conduct boss, whose mandate as the Chairman of the Tribunal includes curbing corruption among public officials.

Mr. Uwujaren told PREMIUM TIMES that he would consult with the commission’s operatives in charge of Mr. Umar’s case before he can give details of what the commission would do.

“I will have to interact with the operatives on the case to know the way forward on his case,” he said.

Aside from the alleged bribe demand and collection, Mr. Umar is also being investigated for maladministration and corruption at the CCT.

PREMIUM TIMES had reported how three staff of the tribunal – its accountant, Shotunde Adeyinka, and two administrative officers, Lucky Eronlan and Johnson Owopetu – who were transferred out of Abuja to Ondo, Bauchi and Katsina states respectively, under controversial circumstances, had petitioned the EFCC on Mr. Umar corrupt practises and his highhandedness.

The trio copied in the Presidency, CCT, National Human Rights Commission, NHRC, the National Judicial Council, NJC, the Senate, Nigeria Bar Association, NBA, the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, ICPC, and the Attorney General of the Federation on their petition.

In their petition, the trio listed a barrage of corruption allegation, including awarding contracts without due process, making full contract payments to contractors instead of mobilization fees, and dysfunctional appointments and promotion without board approval or regards to federal character.

There was also an alleged disappearance of N24 million belonging to the tribunal that was allegedly found in the Wuse Zone 5 residence of Mr. Umar’s late predecessor.

The seeming corruption at the CCT may not have started with Mr. Umar. His late predecessor, Murtala Sanni, was also indicted of corruption.

Mr. Umar, on assumption of duty, set up a committee to investigate Mr. Sanni for perceived corrupt practices. The committee found Mr. Sanni culpable of awarding contracts to pseudo contractors amongst other corrupt acts.

The committee recommended that stolen monies be retrieved from Mr. Sanni’s family while all other officials who benefited from the corruption be sanctioned.

It is uncertain if the CCT implemented the recommendations as none of its indicted officials is being prosecuted.

Mr. Umar, who was to provide clarification on these issues to the EFCC, has now twice shunned the commission.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/157787-accused-corruption-code-conduct-tribunal-chairman-shuns-efcc.html

3 Likes

Re: Saraki: CCT Chairman In #10million Bribe Scandal!- premiumtimesng by Imortal001: 9:48am On Sep 19, 2015
Ok.. Collect bribe and loose you job.
Re: Saraki: CCT Chairman In #10million Bribe Scandal!- premiumtimesng by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:02am On Sep 19, 2015
In Nigeria if you fight corruption, it fights you back.

11 Likes

Re: Saraki: CCT Chairman In #10million Bribe Scandal!- premiumtimesng by rafeelly(m): 10:04am On Sep 19, 2015
they should keep collecting, they would collect the one that would choke them soon
Re: Saraki: CCT Chairman In #10million Bribe Scandal!- premiumtimesng by baralatie(m): 10:06am On Sep 19, 2015
and the chairman still seats in chambers! na wa o!

4 Likes

Re: Saraki: CCT Chairman In #10million Bribe Scandal!- premiumtimesng by arabaribiti(m): 10:12am On Sep 19, 2015
Why now abeg make saraki face his music first now you take bribe you go for it thank God for giving us Buhari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki: CCT Chairman In #10million Bribe Scandal!- premiumtimesng by NgeneUkwenu(f): 10:14am On Sep 19, 2015
Old and Stale News! Stop being mischievous, olodo!

Let Saraki Go and answer for his crimes. As for the judge, his own time will surely come, if he was corrupt!

9 Likes

Re: Saraki: CCT Chairman In #10million Bribe Scandal!- premiumtimesng by dunkem21(m): 10:14am On Sep 19, 2015
grin
Re: Saraki: CCT Chairman In #10million Bribe Scandal!- premiumtimesng by Jwhizzy(m): 10:15am On Sep 19, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
In Nigeria if you fight corruption, it fights you back.

I saw this coming. Saraki will fight back for sure!

3 Likes

Re: Saraki: CCT Chairman In #10million Bribe Scandal!- premiumtimesng by Dannyset(m): 10:20am On Sep 19, 2015
Chai politics in Nigeria na die.
But no need to worry over dis, let's deal with Saraki issue first and come back to Umar. He's not the only one capable to prosecuting Saraki in the CCT.
Bunch of Corrupt Officials!

1 Like

Re: Saraki: CCT Chairman In #10million Bribe Scandal!- premiumtimesng by hinwazaka: 10:21am On Sep 19, 2015
You could literally see the greed showing on the face of that OVERBLEACHED CATTLE REARER. The fool could not hide his anticipation for the bribe money that would be paid, for putting up that shoddy kangaroo court. He should get ready. They will force millions of dollars down his throat. When his wife and children will disappear, his eyes will become clear. By the time they are through with him, ordinary MARY KAY will be too expensive for him.

14 Likes

Re: Saraki: CCT Chairman In #10million Bribe Scandal!- premiumtimesng by dammytosh: 10:22am On Sep 19, 2015
Jail Saraki, Tinubu, AMaechi, Fashola

for all i care.

What i hate is I am a thief, is that not a thief tooo., why am i the only one witch hunted.

Stand trial and take responsibility for your actions

simple'

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: CCT Chairman In #10million Bribe Scandal!- premiumtimesng by baralatie(m): 10:24am On Sep 19, 2015
dammytosh:
Jail Saraki, Tinubu, AMaechi, Fashola

for all i care.

What i hate is I am a thief, is that not a thief tooo., why am i the only one witch hunted.

Stand trial and take responsibility for your actions

simple'
you want justice from a crooked judge!
who is on bail

3 Likes

Re: Saraki: CCT Chairman In #10million Bribe Scandal!- premiumtimesng by UmuEri(m): 10:25am On Sep 19, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
Old and Stale News! Stop being mischevious olodo!
so according to your stupidity, an old corruption case involving the CCT chairman should be forgotten. But saraki's 13years case should be prosecuted?

You're really smelling! Umh

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki: CCT Chairman In #10million Bribe Scandal!- premiumtimesng by Dannyset(m): 10:30am On Sep 19, 2015
hinwazaka:
You could literally see the greed showing on the face of that OVERBLEACHED CATTLE REARER. The fool could not hide his anticipation for the bribe money that would be paid, for putting up that shoddy kangaroo court. He should get ready. They will force millions of dollars down his throat. When his wife and children will disappear, his eyes will become clear. By the time they are through with him, ordinary MARY KAY will be too expensive for him.

Maybe they should employ you to help with the disappearance of his wife and children. Mind what u say on here because of sentiment. It could be dangerous.

1 Like

Re: Saraki: CCT Chairman In #10million Bribe Scandal!- premiumtimesng by egift(m): 10:34am On Sep 19, 2015
Saraki and his clowns now want to see if they can discredit CCB before Monday.

Saraki report in person to the nearest police station or be bundled. All this mud bath will not keep you in power.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki: CCT Chairman In #10million Bribe Scandal!- premiumtimesng by Lvlink(f): 10:34am On Sep 19, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
I think the question should be, is the allegations true? Whether stale or not. After all, saraki is not being prosecuted for an Asset he just recently declared. But the one he declared 12years ago.

This exactly the reason I don't trust all this criminals pretending to be with Buhari. As far as I am concern, all these people are criminals except PMB.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: CCT Chairman In #10million Bribe Scandal!- premiumtimesng by egift(m): 10:37am On Sep 19, 2015
baralatie:
and the chairman still seats in chambers!
na wa o!

Just like everything under PDP care, it was really bad. If the CCB Boss is expected to step down and clear his name, how about Saraki also quitting until he clears his name too?

4 Likes

Re: Saraki: CCT Chairman In #10million Bribe Scandal!- premiumtimesng by hinwazaka: 10:38am On Sep 19, 2015
Dannyset:

Maybe they should employ you to help with the disappearance of his wife and children. Mind what u say on here because of sentiment. It could be dangerous.
You think everyone who comments on Nairaland is inconsequential. I am opportuned to sit on the doorsteps of the REAL powers that be.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: CCT Chairman In #10million Bribe Scandal!- premiumtimesng by SonOfTheLion(m): 10:40am On Sep 19, 2015
grin
Re: Saraki: CCT Chairman In #10million Bribe Scandal!- premiumtimesng by lwise(m): 10:40am On Sep 19, 2015
Interesting days ahead.

[size=20pt]Lwise !!![/size]
Re: Saraki: CCT Chairman In #10million Bribe Scandal!- premiumtimesng by jerrywool: 10:42am On Sep 19, 2015
And all this money they are sharing up, down, right,left and center comes from the Niger Delta.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki: CCT Chairman In #10million Bribe Scandal!- premiumtimesng by Omambala1(m): 10:42am On Sep 19, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
so this is all you have to say? You are a disgrace to your entire generation!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki: CCT Chairman In #10million Bribe Scandal!- premiumtimesng by Ama80(f): 10:52am On Sep 19, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
wat makes it stale u hypocrite.an allegation of corruption is stale.i ve seen ur type in my offline dealings n i know where to place ur type.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki: CCT Chairman In #10million Bribe Scandal!- premiumtimesng by Dannyset(m): 10:55am On Sep 19, 2015
hinwazaka:

You think everyone who comments on Nairaland is inconsequential. I am opportuned to sit on the doorsteps of the REAL powers that be.

I don't think such of anybody. As far as am concerned, nobody is inconsequential to me except the proud few like u. Take note of the word "OPPORTUNED" u used. It could change anytime soon, and also if it didn't, does that mean u shouldn't watch ur words? I Smh for talks like this.

1 Like

Re: Saraki: CCT Chairman In #10million Bribe Scandal!- premiumtimesng by bloodkiIler: 10:56am On Sep 19, 2015
Ama80:
way makes it stale u hypocrite.an allegation of corruption is stale.i ve seen ur type in my offline dealings n i know where to place ur type.

every body knows that ngeneukwenu is a bastard she-male parading as a female on nairaland

very disgusting thing

3 Likes

Re: Saraki: CCT Chairman In #10million Bribe Scandal!- premiumtimesng by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 19, 2015
baralatie:

you want justice from a crooked judge!
who is on bail

Dont mind the fools!!!

5 Likes

Re: Saraki: CCT Chairman In #10million Bribe Scandal!- premiumtimesng by Dospix(m): 10:58am On Sep 19, 2015
The proxy battle that would gone on within the APC in the coming days would rattle the party into a state of unconscious quagmire. Cans of worms would be opened and as far as i am concerned this development is good for our democracy. Let the corruption battle continue; we they watch.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki: CCT Chairman In #10million Bribe Scandal!- premiumtimesng by Firefire(m): 11:02am On Sep 19, 2015
Corruption and Nigeria. Part I

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: CCT Chairman In #10million Bribe Scandal!- premiumtimesng by Ama80(f): 11:05am On Sep 19, 2015
bloodkiIler:

every body knows that ngeneukwenu is a bastard she-male parading as a female on nairaland

very disgusting thing
u can imagine wat her/his type is capable of if he/she is made a head of an anti corruption agency.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki: CCT Chairman In #10million Bribe Scandal!- premiumtimesng by bloodkiIler: 11:07am On Sep 19, 2015
Ama80:
u can imagine wat her/his type is capable of if he/she is made a head of an anti corruption agency.

he can't even attain that level in his next 200 years

he's just a confused bastard that is confused about his identity

2 Likes

Re: Saraki: CCT Chairman In #10million Bribe Scandal!- premiumtimesng by giantstrides(m): 11:15am On Sep 19, 2015
A feeble attempt at fighting back, the same way Saraki discredited lamorde...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Officer Lambasts The Use Of Hausa By Senior Officers In Giving Instructions / Osinbajo: Working Together, Nigeria Will Realize Its True Potentials / Indefinite Strike: Organized Labor In Cross River Ask Members To Sit-At-Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.