Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

Shut Churches: Kaduna Christians Back El-rufai - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shut Churches: Kaduna Christians Back El-rufai (38062 Views)

Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free / Catholic Church Cautions El-Rufai Over Religious Bill / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shut Churches: Kaduna Christians Back El-rufai by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 19, 2015
FROM NOAH EBIJE, KADUNA

Kaduna State chapter of Chris­tians Association of Nigeria (CAN) has expressed solidarity with the state governor, Malam Nasir El-Rufai for the two churches he closed on Wednesday in Saminaka, Lere local government area over leadership crisis.

The State Secretary of CAN, Reverend Sunday Ibrahim told Saturday Sun that the governor’s deci­sion to shut down the af­fected churches was a re­lief to the association.

Reverend Ibrahim said this was because the Chris­tian body tried to resolve the internal leadership tus­sle in the church over the years, but to no avail.

“It was a wise decision the State government took because the leadership crisis within the affected churches was not allow­ing peace to reign in those communities.

“We have received sev­eral petitions from the two factional pastors, none of them was ready to give peace a chance, and all efforts by Kaduna CAN to settle the matter hit the rock, and as Christians, it is not good we wash our dirty linen in public.

“So the decision of the governor to close the churches was a relief to CAN, but as I speak to you, some people may misquote the whole thing as if we have collected money from the governor. No, nothing like that, the truth must be told that those involved in the leadership crisis of the church were undermining the security of the State and the immediate envi­ronment”.

However, the two pas­tors in the eye of the storm opened up, saying that the initial arrangement of breaking church atten­dance into two sections by the State government to ensure peace should have been allowed to endure, rather than slamming total closure on the church.

In separate telephone interviews with Saturday Sun yesterday, the warring Pastors from Assemblies of God Church in Sami­naka, Reverend Simon Ji­moh and Reverend Haruna Tutu, said peace would only return to the leader­ship of the church when the Supreme Court finally delivers judgement on the issue before it.

Also, closed down is Theological Seminary of Northern Nigeria, (TSNN), Shalom Comprehensive College, and Evangelist Hospital, all owned by As­semblies of God Church in Saminaka

The governor said the decision to close those in­stitutions was the outcome of the state security council meeting which was meant to forestall possible break­down of law and order in the area, adding that he would not tolerate the use of religion and ethnicity to cause crisis in the state.

According to Reverend Simon Jimoh of Assem­blies of God Church, Sam­inaka, “What the gover­nor did was good because every government wants peace in the State. It was a crisis that erupted, from the national body down to the district, here in Sami­naka.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/shut-churches-kaduna-christians-back-el-rufai/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shut Churches: Kaduna Christians Back El-rufai by adedayourt(m): 9:58am On Sep 19, 2015
intetesting smiley

1 Like

Re: Shut Churches: Kaduna Christians Back El-rufai by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 19, 2015
This is what happens when you don't put your house in order

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shut Churches: Kaduna Christians Back El-rufai by SeverusSnape(m): 9:59am On Sep 19, 2015
These Northern Christians are not wise, Little wonder the Islamists are lording over them.

Will the Muslims accept this same thing if the governor was a Christian??... You and I knows the state would have gone up in flames by now.

121 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shut Churches: Kaduna Christians Back El-rufai by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 19, 2015
good
Re: Shut Churches: Kaduna Christians Back El-rufai by bonechamberlain(m): 10:01am On Sep 19, 2015
ok, all those mosques that preach in support of jihad and extremism should also be closed down.

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shut Churches: Kaduna Christians Back El-rufai by kestolove95(m): 10:01am On Sep 19, 2015
Church bizness

1 Like

Re: Shut Churches: Kaduna Christians Back El-rufai by jmoore(m): 10:02am On Sep 19, 2015
Any record of any violence?

undecided

2 Likes

Re: Shut Churches: Kaduna Christians Back El-rufai by EdCure: 10:03am On Sep 19, 2015
Elrufai is an islamist. It will be very silly for any Christian to support this act of persecution.
Northern Christians need a much stronger unity, love and more emphasis on evangelism, without which, hardline islamists like Elrufai, et al will always have reasons and excuses to bring down churches and scuttle their spread.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shut Churches: Kaduna Christians Back El-rufai by ezebunafo(m): 10:06am On Sep 19, 2015
Why are they using children of God's tithes and offerings to fund their court cases? It's so awful never knew assemblies of God church can degenerate into such,where the leaders no longer concerns themselves about things of heaven,instead they are concerns of selfish and material gains,smh

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shut Churches: Kaduna Christians Back El-rufai by theV0ice: 10:06am On Sep 19, 2015
EdCure:
Elrufai is an islamist. It will be very silly for any Christian to support this act of persecution.

My bro, I'm sure you saw the person quoted here?

The State Secretary of CAN, Reverend Sunday Ibrahim told Saturday Sun that the governor’s deci­sion to shut down the af­fected churches was a re­lief to the association.

also this from one of the feuding parties

According to Reverend Simon Jimoh of Assem­blies of God Church, Sam­inaka, “What the gover­nor did was good because every government wants peace in the State. It was a crisis that erupted, from the national body down to the district, here in Sami­naka.

Anyways, I think i'll believe you were just being sarcastic wink

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Shut Churches: Kaduna Christians Back El-rufai by dejonathan(f): 10:07am On Sep 19, 2015
EdCure:
i dont think u read the post..

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shut Churches: Kaduna Christians Back El-rufai by omenka(m): 10:15am On Sep 19, 2015
theV0ice:

My bro, I'm sure you saw the person quoted here?

also this from one of the feuding parties

Anyways, I think i'll believe you were just being sarcastic wink
He wasn't being sarcastic oo. EdCure is a progressive that dislikes Islam. cheesy

I don't know about others, but never a day in my church has my pastor ever advised us to hate a people for any reason. He always does what he can to promote love, unity, tolerance and accommodation. But just like Edcure, I reserve the right to love and hate whoever I chose to- but I can't hate someone for reason of their religious or cultural persuasion.

God help us.

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Shut Churches: Kaduna Christians Back El-rufai by Abugab(m): 10:17am On Sep 19, 2015
On the long run El Rufai's decision is for the good of the Christian Church in Kaduna.
When some church leaders turn churches to private enterprises, it goes to show that they are no longer houses of worship.
CAN and PFN should handle this and let those struggling for the house of God know that its not their properties or their fathers'

15 Likes

Re: Shut Churches: Kaduna Christians Back El-rufai by Austin4lif: 10:17am On Sep 19, 2015
Can a Christian Governor close down a mosque? Shame on CAN

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shut Churches: Kaduna Christians Back El-rufai by theV0ice: 10:18am On Sep 19, 2015
omenka:
He wasn't being sarcastic oo. EdCure is a progressive that dislikes Islam. cheesy

I don't know about others, but never a day I'm my church has my pastor ever advised us to hate a people for any reason. He always does what he can to promote love, unity, tolerance and accommodation. But just like Edcure, I reserve the right to love and hate whoever I chose to- but I can't hate someone for reason of their religious or cultural persuasion.

God help us.

Now i'm sad embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Shut Churches: Kaduna Christians Back El-rufai by theV0ice: 10:20am On Sep 19, 2015
Austin4lif:

You're ok with the show of shame going on there?

Like the one also displayed at an Enugu branch of the same Assemblies of God church some weeks ago?

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shut Churches: Kaduna Christians Back El-rufai by Austin4lif: 10:24am On Sep 19, 2015
theV0ice:

You're ok with the show of shame going on there?

Like the one also displayed at an Enugu branch of the same Assemblies of God church some weeks ago?
that is why catholic opted out of CAN

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shut Churches: Kaduna Christians Back El-rufai by EdCure: 10:26am On Sep 19, 2015
Austin4lif:
This is my point exactly!
What stops the governor from arresting the warring parties if he feels that they're breaching the peace of the state or community? Is the feuding pastors now bigger than the entire church, the body of Christ?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shut Churches: Kaduna Christians Back El-rufai by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 19, 2015
grin grin
Re: Shut Churches: Kaduna Christians Back El-rufai by ArodewilliamsT: 10:34am On Sep 19, 2015
EdCure:

What stops the governor from arresting the warring parties if he feels that they're breaching the peace of the state or community? Is the feuding pastors now bigger than the entire church, the body of Christ?

For the first time you've made sense. ...and leave that ja.njawe.ed party, nothing good can come out from there.

3 Likes

Re: Shut Churches: Kaduna Christians Back El-rufai by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:42am On Sep 19, 2015
EdCure:

The Governor has NO business with the internal wrangling of the Church that is even before the Supreme Court. All he needed was to put security in check and arrest any troublemaker for breach of public peace. What he did amount to infringement. As for Kaduna CAN, it is a BIG shame that they don't understand what is at stake. A more Bigger shame to the two warring businessmen called Pastors

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shut Churches: Kaduna Christians Back El-rufai by theV0ice: 10:45am On Sep 19, 2015
Austin4lif:
that is why catholic opted out of CAN

i don't blame them at all
Re: Shut Churches: Kaduna Christians Back El-rufai by modath(f): 10:47am On Sep 19, 2015
theV0ice:

Now i'm sad embarassed embarassed

Make that two of us.

@EdCure,

Why ??, don't allow little things lord it over your you my bros, when Jesus said "love your neighbour as yourself" , he didn't put any caveat....

2 Likes

Re: Shut Churches: Kaduna Christians Back El-rufai by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 10:58am On Sep 19, 2015
The Governor should apply Solomon's wisdom and handover the church to the other Pastor and not the wolf Pastor that preferred shutting down the Churches.

Sword should not linger in the assembly of God's people.

4 Likes

Re: Shut Churches: Kaduna Christians Back El-rufai by EdCure: 11:06am On Sep 19, 2015
modath:
Make that two of us.
@EdCure,
Why ??, don't allow little things lord it over your you my bros, when Jesus said "love your neighbour as yourself" , he didn't put any caveat....
I hate the concept called political correctness, but, make no mistake about it, what i have for my muslim friends is far from hate.

#OneLove
God bless APC & Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Shut Churches: Kaduna Christians Back El-rufai by EdCure: 11:12am On Sep 19, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:
For the first time you've made sense and leave that ja.njawe.ed party, nothing good can come out from there.
Away with you and your satanic pdp. You're all agents of destruction, deception, backwardness and retrogression.

7 Likes

Re: Shut Churches: Kaduna Christians Back El-rufai by ArodewilliamsT: 11:17am On Sep 19, 2015
EdCure:

Away with you and your satanic pdp. You're all agents of destruction, deception, backwardness and retrogression.

I am a not a pdp fan either, I am a Biafran, but anything against the fulani-led Islamic brotherhood party called APC is ok by me, even kowa or accord.

3 Likes

Re: Shut Churches: Kaduna Christians Back El-rufai by modath(f): 11:30am On Sep 19, 2015
EdCure:

I hate the concept called political correctness, but, make no mistake about it, what i have for my muslim friends is far from hate.

#OneLove
God bless APC & Nigeria.

Make no mistake bros, I'm the least PC person you could ever come across cheesy, i have enough frenemies to show for that.... I serve people their just dessert as they deserve, I no get one single chill. smiley

Two things don't come easy to me though, Hate & abusing people, they serve no purpose. ...

#OneLove & happy bdy to the "owner" of that expression 2baba, may his light never dim...

3 Likes

Re: Shut Churches: Kaduna Christians Back El-rufai by CyberWolf: 11:40am On Sep 19, 2015
EdCure:
Northern Christians need a much stronger unity, love and more emphasis on evangelism, without which, hardline islamists like Elrufai, et al will always have reasons and excuses to bring down churches and scuttle their spread.
shocked shocked shocked Am I really reading this from you Wonders shall never end.
Re: Shut Churches: Kaduna Christians Back El-rufai by tosin2013: 11:43am On Sep 19, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:

I am a not a pdp fan either, I am a Biafran, but anything against the fulani-led Islamic brotherhood party called APC is ok by me, even kowa or accord.

Anyone who prefers PdP TO APC, is a FAN of PDP.

For the first time in a Long time i actually agree with barcanista.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

IPOB To Kumuyi: Don't Hold Crusade In Aba, South-East, Pray In Your Lagos Church / COZA Vs Busola Dakolo: Why I Shunned PFN Panel - Pastor Fatoyinbo / Father Mbaka Pays Hospital Bills Of Patients Worth Over ₦18.8 Million (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.