Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,458 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Please Help! Save My System. I Know Little About Computer Of A Thing. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Please Help! Save My System. I Know Little About Computer Of A Thing. (687 Views)

Learn Everything About Computer For Free And Get Your Authentic Certificate / What You Need To Know About Computer Forensics / All About Computer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help! Save My System. I Know Little About Computer Of A Thing. by solarj05(m): 7:25am On Apr 13, 2009
My system was infected with raila odinga, I have formatted my pc for over 2 months now. It only repaired the damaged files and left the rest of the softwares And since then the Avast antivirus has not being working, it only appeared on the desktop but not working. If i click on it the system will shut down automatically. I even tried to remove it from the control panel, it also shuts down and displays some error message stuffs. But the system is still working but slow. I'm afraid o. Pls can i load another antivirus? If yes what type would you guys recommend. Pls save my system. I know little about computer of a thing.
Re: Please Help! Save My System. I Know Little About Computer Of A Thing. by nonoy: 7:43am On Apr 13, 2009
Eset nod32 antivirus is 1 of d best & doesnt take up sys resourses. Gd luck
Re: Please Help! Save My System. I Know Little About Computer Of A Thing. by brianromel(m): 10:21am On Apr 13, 2009
Step one. Download or buy kaspersky antivirus.
Step 2.start your laptop in safe mode by pressing f8 once you on it.
Step 3.once you have started your laptop in safe mode,go to control panel and uninstall your avast.after which reboot your system.
Step 4. Install kaspersky.its the only antivirus i know that that virus will allow its installation process cos it will either hang or close other antivirus installations even nod32.
Step 5.reboot and run antivirus.after seeing and quarantining errors and viruses,unstall kaspersky and run other antivirus softwares to ensure your system is totally clean.
Re: Please Help! Save My System. I Know Little About Computer Of A Thing. by GeorgeD1(m): 5:45pm On Apr 13, 2009
@solarj05,
Reformat your hard disk again and re-install another anitivirus. That will help.
Re: Please Help! Save My System. I Know Little About Computer Of A Thing. by netotse(m): 11:15pm On Apr 13, 2009
na wa o. . . so jst cos u can format a computer u now think u know abt computers ehn?
Re: Please Help! Save My System. I Know Little About Computer Of A Thing. by nonoy: 2:24am On Apr 14, 2009
@netotse
i tire o!
@solarj05
ur best bet is doing wot brianromel said. Gd luck wit dt & let us knw hw it goes
Re: Please Help! Save My System. I Know Little About Computer Of A Thing. by GeorgeD1(m): 12:35pm On Apr 14, 2009
netotse:

na wa o. . . so jst cos u can format a computer u now think u know abt computers ehn?

I don't understand how this kind of comment helps the person in need. Pls let's try and be
more constructive in our posts.
Re: Please Help! Save My System. I Know Little About Computer Of A Thing. by sameolg616(m): 2:11am On Apr 24, 2009
its the truth, he shd have called on an expert, jack of all trades,
obviously,he is trying to retain his files so each time he formats the system and transfers the files back, he get infected again, i suspexct that trojan that deletes executables.(win32.pakes.cob).
here is what to do,
remove ur hard drive and place it in an external hard drive casing, find a clean system with a strong antivirus like kaspersky(1 that has recent updates) and scan or simply reformat everything, dont retain anytin,
be sure to install kaspersky antivirus 2009, it has more tolerance than avast, avast is quite strong only on boot time scan and it doesnt disinfect, it deletes,
Re: Please Help! Save My System. I Know Little About Computer Of A Thing. by GeorgeD1(m): 8:51am On Apr 24, 2009
Now, this is very helpful and well appreciated.
Re: Please Help! Save My System. I Know Little About Computer Of A Thing. by Nobody: 10:57pm On Apr 24, 2009
Keep it up guys. . .
Re: Please Help! Save My System. I Know Little About Computer Of A Thing. by netotse(m): 4:41pm On Apr 27, 2009
what is it sef! it is too much for this raila odinga o! saw it on my mums flash once, i deleted it and it was gone simple and easy!
Re: Please Help! Save My System. I Know Little About Computer Of A Thing. by GeorgeD1(m): 9:22am On Apr 28, 2009
sometimes deleting alone does not solve the problem

(1) (Reply)

Pls How Can I Protect My Pin Vocher + Scratch Card / Compaq Presario F500 For Sale / Dell Mini Laptop With Vista Os Needed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.