Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,906 members, 7,817,682 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Wondering What Dakkada Is All About? [Photos] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wondering What Dakkada Is All About? [Photos] (3145 Views)

Just Wondering What Happened To The Nissan Factory GEJ Commisioned 3 Years Back? / Just Wondering How We Came To This Level Intellectually [photo] / Akwa Ibom Dakkada [Photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wondering What Dakkada Is All About? [Photos] by wetinhappen(m): 5:43pm On Sep 19, 2015
And so it was in the time of Chief (Dr.) Godswill Obot Akpabio with the slogan “Akwa Ibom Ado OK”! Yes, it was worth it, I can boldly say because, back then Akwa Ibom was gearing towards infrastructural development, creation of new roads, renovation of dilapidated institutions, detachment of child-witchcraft, houseboys/house-girls syndrome, improvement on education and health amongst others, and so the slogan “ADO OK” was OK, because whoever saw the development strides of that man confessed that it was getting better – Ama do ok!

Today, Akwa Ibom is talking “#Dakkada”, great! Excellent, in fact perfect! Just yesterday I watched a video trailer starring the Governor himself, His Excellency Governor Udom Gabriel Emmanuel admonishing us the Akwa Ibomites to arise (to “#DAKKADA”), and I had deep thoughts over it.

The #Dakkada concept will come and go without any meaning, if it is to be centered on the IBOM DAY alone – 23rd September, 2015 or perhaps yearly.

1. It will come and go without meaning to the plethora of Akwa Ibom graduates who are... Read on! Click http://www.wetinhappen.com.ng/on-akwaibom-%E2%80%AA%E2%80%8Edakkada%E2%80%AC/

Re: Wondering What Dakkada Is All About? [Photos] by ITbomb(m): 5:53pm On Sep 19, 2015
I love this
I believe that if the Ministries of Labour and Productivity, Commerce and Industry, Youth and Sports, Women Affairs and Child welfare, Finance and that of Special Duties can come together for an entrepreneurial plan for AKWA IBOM YOUTHS, to say: “offer your Degree and NYSC certificates as collateral, collect a loan, grant or subvention of N1m – N5m and kick start a business” through a meritocratic process and not on favouritism (even if it means paying back with interest), it will be better than having an AKWA IBOM YOUTH CAUCUS who carry flags and wear uniformed vests to stadia to chant #DAKKADA on the 23rd September (IBOM DAY) rally just for the hope of gaining N1000 as bootie after the charade
But it is the sad reality

(1) (Reply)

DSS Said The Court Can't Save Me - Kanu / What I Saw On Facebook... / Nigeria Condemns Israel’s Killing Of 58 Palestinians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.